SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 ... 1145
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
More that comes out about Thomas Crooks,
the more I think he just wanted to create chaos.

Just wanted to watch the world burn.

They're saying he flew a drone over the area too.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...source-sa-rcna162817

I saw that also. Unless it was being flown by LE or the campaign staff prior to, and during the event (with USSS approval) it should have been shot down.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
This is gonna be great!

https://momsdemandaction.org/e...-for-vice-president/

“Gun violence impacts Americans from all political stripes. Donald Trump’s pick for Vice President has a record of undermining the gun violence prevention movement,” said Angela Ferrell-Zabala, executive director of Moms Demand Action. “We refuse to accept gun violence as the status quo, and our volunteers are already mobilizing voters and working to elect gun sense champions up and down the ballot.”

What You Need To Know About Vance’s Record on Gun Safety:

J.D. Vance has a long record of opposing common-sense gun safety measures — he believes that neither expanding background checks nor Red Flag laws will solve the problem of gun violence.
He opposed the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act and supported arming teachers in classrooms.
Senator Vance has called gun violence “fake problems” and efforts to address it “a huge distraction.”

The NRA spent nearly $500,000 supporting the NRA-endorsed, A-Rated candidate’s 2022 Senate campaign. <----Oh, look at that. Thank you NRA.

Vance advocated for abolishing the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms

Posts: 16168 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 1 in a million narrative is absolute bullshit.

Posts: 1832 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

the more I think he just wanted to create chaos.

Just wanted to watch the world burn
rcna162817[/url]

Same exact shit as the last 43 shootings.

8 people knew the shooter intimately , knew of his abilities and mental instability.

9 more people knew that he issues and steered clear

All in all 11 people were very well aware, had the ability and resources to intervene, help, mentor, help him through his problems or
At the very least get him to the right people.

NONE made the time, none made the effort , none felt the need, so his life of isolation,
His tiny world of chaos and questions needed to be shared.

And it will continue to happen and grow.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55170 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
After surviving a history shattering week that nearly tore us apart, America now faces a presidential plot twist that no one could've predicted

By MAUREEN CALLAHAN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 09:02 EDT, 20 July 2024 | UPDATED: 10:11 EDT, 20 July 2024

We did it. We survived what may have been the wildest week in American political history.

Days after narrowly surviving an assassination attempt, former President Trump made a triumphant return to the stage Thursday night, accepting his party's nomination at the Republican National Convention.

He stood tall against that instantly iconic image of his bloodied face, his fist in the air.

Quite the contrast to doddering old Joe Biden, filmed struggling to climb down the short rear steps of Air Force One the night before. The president, newly diagnosed with COVID and taking yet another break at his beach house, didn't just look lost and confused.

He looked helpless.

Contrast Biden's physical and political posture with a defiant Trump, having literally dodged a bullet, yelling at his supporters to 'Fight! Fight! Fight!'

That's Trump's best campaign ad, right there. Make it a split screen, a meme, an inescapable image.

Who represents American power and supremacy? Megadonors, party elders, and George Clooney all admit: It ain't Joe Biden.

Days after narrowly surviving an assassination attempt, former President Trump made a triumphant return to the stage Thursday night (above), accepting his party's nomination at the Republican National Convention.

Contrast Biden's physical and political posture with a defiant Trump, having literally dodged a bullet, yelling at his supporters to 'Fight! Fight! Fight!' (Above) Biden disembarks Air Force One as he arrives in Dover, Delaware on July 17, 2024

But Democrats are discovering that dumping him isn't all that easy.

Alas, they are saddled with the real Joe, a bitter old man with an eternal chip on his shoulder, and an inglorious immediate family clinging, with all their might, to the Oval Office drapes.

On Friday, Biden released a statement saying that he looks 'forward to getting back on the campaign [trail] next week'.

Now who's the president who will never leave? Now who's the real threat to democracy?

Trauma can be clarifying. Perhaps that's why we saw a self-possessed Trump before that electrified crowd on Thursday night, bandage on his right ear, opening his speech with 'a message of confidence, strength, and hope'.

It was quite the contrast to the 'American carnage' Trump of his 2016 inauguration speech, a moment so dark that former President George W. Bush reportedly called it 'some weird s***'.

To be sure, there was plenty of weird s*** Thursday night:

Hulk Hogan, the living avatar for Trump's inner pro wrestler, tearing his shirt in two and yelling 'Let Trump-a-mania run wild, brother!'

Old people trying to dance to a lip-synching Kid Rock. Fake white bandages on ears in solidarity. Lots of 'God' talk about a formerly godless billionaire.

Melania Trump, entering the venue solo to Beethoven's Symphony No. 9, the effect bizarrely melodramatic.

And Dana White, head of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, delivering a speech that felt more like a primal scream than political coronation.

Finally, out walked Trump against his name in lights, like a late-stage Elvis in Vegas.

Even the night's most solemn moment, the memoriam to Corey Comperatore, who was shot to death at the Trump rally last Saturday, was not without weirdness.

Comperatore's firefighter jacket and helmet had been fitted on a mannequin that stood at least a foot shorter than Trump. It all had the passing effect of shrinking this hero down to size, but no matter: When Trump bent down to kiss the helmet, the crowd was visibly moved.

Call it camp, call it high political theater, but it was undeniably a brilliant bookend to a week that could have otherwise torn America apart.

One senses Trump knows and understands this: He expressed not rage or bitterness at his near-assassination but a rare humility and calm.

He called for unity and offered 'gratitude to the American people for their outpouring of love and support'.

Except, you know, for those on the left who found it funny: Kara Swisher and Scott Galloway, cracking tasteless jokes on their podcast; or Jack Black's Tenacious D bandmate Kyle Gass, whose on-stage wish — 'Don't miss Trump next time' — resulted in the cancellation of their tour; or MSNBC's Joy Reid, who still has her job despite fueling conspiracies that Trump wasn't actually hit 'by a bullet'.

So much for that moral high ground liberals love to claim.

As for those repeated assertions by Dems that a second Trump presidency is a grave threat to our democracy — well, Ezra Klein of The New York Times has just disabused us of that.

'Top Democrats,' Klein said Tuesday, have told him privately that if Trump wins, everything will be fine.

'I've had top Democrats say to me... 'I don't know why all these Democrats who think Donald Trump is an existential threat to democracy are acting the way they are'. They're more resigned [...] to a Trump presidency than their public-facing rhetoric would suggest.'

Wow. So not only have Dem voters been lied to about Biden's health and fitness — many of their own leaders admit this 'looming dictatorship' stuff is just red meat for their base.

Meanwhile, nothing has united Republicans like last Saturday's atrocity, which left one dead and two others critically injured. Not the lawfare, not the attempts to bankrupt Trump — nothing.

And rather than use this support for self-aggrandizement, Trump, yet again, met the moment.

Never before have we seen a vulnerable Donald Trump. On Thursday night, as he gave a riveting tick-tock of nearly losing his life, we did.

'I will tell you exactly what happened,' he said, 'and you'll never hear it from me a second time, because it's actually too painful to tell.'

He spoke of the beautiful weather that day, the palpable joy of the crowd and feeding off their energy until he felt a whizzing and realized he had been shot. He talked about luck, fate, God — whatever you want to call it.

'If I had not moved my head at that very last instant,' Trump said, 'the assassin's bullet would have perfectly hit its mark and I would not be here tonight... I'm not supposed to be here.'

The crowd erupted, chanting: 'Yes, you are!'

Compare that genuine, spontaneous support to the intra-party angst over Joe Biden, who has reportedly been told by everyone from Chuck Schumer to Nancy Pelosi to Barack Obama himself that it's time to go, here's the door — you're not supposed to be here, Joe, leading this party or this ticket, anymore.

And still — he digs in!

The Republicans now have a bona fide political martyr, one whose character arc has taken a most unexpected turn.

Trump has held back his worst impulses and made this shooting not about him but about his followers and, to adopt a phrase so cynically used by Joe Biden, the soul of America.

The other party now has a bona fide liability whose ego, vanity and megalomania come well before duty to party or country.

What a plot twist. What a week. And we're not nearly at the end — only the beginning of this thrilling, dangerous and most unpredictable ride.

Q

Posts: 27505 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post

Tim Conway did it better:

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4652 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
A good friend sent me this outrageously funny video that was posted on Truth Social by the Citizen Free Press. Don't know how to embed video from Truth Social.

https://hugh.cdn.rumble.cloud/....caa.mp4?b=1&u=ummtf

Q

Posts: 27505 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
A good friend sent me this outrageously funny video that was posted on Truth Social by the Citizen Free Press. Don't know how to embed video from Truth Social.

https://hugh.cdn.rumble.cloud/....caa.mp4?b=1&u=ummtf

That was awesome, did Biden morph into Dick Cheney at the end?

Posts: 3773 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zuck and Barry as the 2 accomplices is odd. Glad we are using so much electricity for AI !

Posts: 4955 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
As seen on 'X'... Wink

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1814676935588344300

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9432 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Generated Trump Theme Song!

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
This is gonna be great!

“Gun violence impacts Americans from all political stripes. Donald Trump’s pick for Vice President has a record of undermining the gun violence prevention movement,” said Angela Ferrell-Zabala
I had never heard of Angela prior to this post, so I used The Google.
quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Ferrell-Zabala:

Angela Ferrell-Zabala is an American reproductive rights, gun control, and social justice activist
What's not to like? Roll Eyes

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31378 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
Bidens posture always looks like he's bracing for a fall.

Posts: 591 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Probably because he is...

Posts: 4778 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lunasee:
Bidens posture always looks like he's bracing for a fall.

I am layman, but I think his posture, along with his arm and hand positioning, are things that physicians will tell you are indicative of someone with dementia. He's braced because he indeed may fall and he doesn't have a full grasp of his immediate environment. For him, each step he takes is more like someone traversing the final ridge of Mt Everest.

Posts: 8874 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
^^^And falling is one of the biggest concerns for someone his age.
Whatever you do, Team Biden, do not give him a cane or a walker. That would be bad for his image. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7485 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Actually, it's because he's really clenching his buttocks super tight.

Ya know. To avoid risk...

Hard to walk smooth when you're trying to make a diamond.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12917 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
President Trump rally in Grand Rapids Michigan today at five o'clock.

Prayers

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 102 | Location: Southeast Michigan -- Downriver | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/alx/status/1814764591341011213

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6363 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post