SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 ... 1141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ The only people who missed it are those who didn't even listen, Mr. Arroyo. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 27498 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Imagine Tucker Carlson as the Press Secretary for PDJT. Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44444 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
I wouldn't mind seeing Dana White in that role.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17152 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Yep, Trump gave a looong acceptance speech, all right. I watched every minute of it! Smile

What a man. What a message he had for our country and the entire world.

Posts: 1794 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
As several other members have posted, I've not been a big convention watcher at all in the past. But I've enjoyed each of the 2024 RNC's four days broadcast on Real America's Voice where no talking heads spoke over the presenters. Many outstanding speeches were made. Also enjoyed the SixWire Nashville band! And of course DJT's speech which, although long, was captivating.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16509 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
Yep, Trump gave a looong acceptance speech, all right. I watched every minute of it! Smile

What a man. What a message he had for our country and the entire world.

I watched every minute of it, it was great.

I think he wanted to finish his PA campaign speech and said “screw it let’s DO THIS!”

Plus all the networks were forced to keep covering him for the whole speech when lately they cut away or even refuse to cover him now, he knows that.

Posts: 34517 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
^^^^^^^^^

I posted earlier in the week that ex-agent Dan Bongino was told by his contacts in the SS that only three of the agents guarding Trump were Secret Service, all others were personnel from Homeland Security.

I take Bongino's opinion with a grain of salt however, this story may be gaining some legs and helping to support the belief of willful knee-capping of resources and minimizing of priorities by USSS & DHS upper-management.

Why? Bongino would seem to be a 'subject matter expert' in this area. He's also one to specifically rely on facts, and not just spew half truths/opinions as does most political operators with a microphone nowadays. He may beat things to death sometimes, and his personality/delivery may turn some off, but he's rarely wrong on things.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9428 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Paywall

Posts: 109014 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Interesting tidbit on the closing Opera Song

https://x.com/KaneraChad/status/1814159748234727781

Posts: 24208 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
This is THE performance and the one that PDJT uses-- it's had almost 75 million views on YouTube in the last five years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...ygUHcHVjY2luaQ%3D%3D

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15527 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24208 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
This is THE performance and the one that PDJT uses-- it's had almost 75 million views on YouTube in the last five years.

^^^^
Nessun dorma is one of the most famous opera arias. Pavarotti is one of the most famous tenors to have lived. You put the two together and you get 75M views.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:

The one that PDJT uses??

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9428 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It's the recording that they used last night at the end of the RNC (as near as I can tell).

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15527 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^That was a live performance by opera singer Christopher Maccio. It was VERY well done, I might add.

Edited to remove OperaWire link, reducing clicks for an article written by a 'Political Leftest ASS'.

Live Free or Die!

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
So, I was wrong. That very rarely happens. You can ask either of my ex-wives. Big Grin

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Smile

I imagine there are countless leftists feeling like her today.

https://x.com/saras76/status/1814409578034974941

Posts: 109014 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the tenor at the RNC did a very nice job of that tough aria, even with that interpolated last word!

As for the above operawire.com article, the writer of it is a political leftist ass!

Posts: 343 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post