SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 ... 1146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Evidently, Senator Hawley has been contacted by "USSS whistleblowers" with inside information what happened to enable a 20 year old nut's attempt on President Trump.

The worst statement from Senator Hawley was this:

quote:
US Secret Service whistleblowers who have direct knowledge of the event have approached my office. According to the allegations the July 13th rally was considered to be a "loose security event" [emphasis added], for example detection K9s were not used to monitor entry and detect threats in the usual manner, individuals without proper destinations were able to gain access to backstage areas; Department personnel did not not appropriately police the security buffer around the podium and were also not stationed at regular intervals around the events security perimeter. In addition whistleblower allegations suggest the majority of DHS officials were not in fact Secret Service agents but instead drawn from the Department's Homeland Security investigations. This is especially concerning giving that these security investigators were unfamiliar with standard protocols typically used at these types of events...

Loose security. Around a Presidential candidate. In an environment made "high threat" due to the vile rhetoric of the Democrats and communists (but I repeat myself).

I'm slowly coming around to the idea that this was benign malice. I am starting to suspect there are people in the fed.gov (not just USSS) who deliberately took actions, mostly related to funding and personnel availability, to reduce security around President Trump in the hopes some nutcase did what a nutcase did. Except those people, they wanted the shot to be fatal.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^

I posted earlier in the week that ex-agent Dan Bongino was told by his contacts in the SS that only three of the agents guarding Trump were Secret Service, all others were personnel from Homeland Security.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am starting to suspect there are people in the fed.gov (not just USSS) who deliberately took actions, mostly related to funding and personnel availability, to reduce security around President Trump in the hopes some nutcase did what a nutcase did. Except those people, they wanted the shot to be fatal.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
nothing benign about this at all

deliberate malice

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
lengthy speech, late night, all that, but I couldn't stop watching because the content was exciting

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't know Don's total net worth, till just now.

As I've never been "F" you stinking rich , I don't know,
But don't you spend a few hundred thousand dollars a year on your own security team ?

That is of course on your profile /risk situation.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55173 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
^^^^^^^^^

I posted earlier in the week that ex-agent Dan Bongino was told by his contacts in the SS that only three of the agents guarding Trump were Secret Service, all others were personnel from Homeland Security.

I take Bongino's opinion with a grain of salt however, this story may be gaining some legs and helping to support the belief of willful knee-capping of resources and minimizing of priorities by USSS & DHS upper-management.

https://x.com/collinrugg/statu...304000931758225?s=42

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
What a last night for the RNC. Many great people speaking.

So many times I see people using God in speeches and referencing the good book but when I see Trump speak he is very genuine in his beliefs. Yes he had a near death episode last saturday but he was genuine before the assassination attempt.

We are so very lucky to have him fighting for us.

Posts: 18139 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Bishop Of Death
posted Hide Post
Watching videos of the assassination attempt, speeches given at the RNC, I was reminded of this narration from the movie "The Ten Commandments." (

"Into the blistering wilderness of Shur, the man who walked with kings now walks alone. Torn from the pinnacle of royal power, stripped of all rank and earthly wealth, a forsaken man without a country, without a hope, his soul in turmoil like the hot winds and raging sand that lash him with the fury of a taskmaster's whip.

He is driven forward, always forward, by a god unknown, toward a land unseen... into the molten wilderness of sin, where granite sentinels stand as towers of living death to bar his way.

Each night brings the black embrace of loneliness. In the mocking whisper of the wind, he hears the echoing voices of the dark... his tortured mind wondering if they call the memory of past triumphs or wail foreboding of disasters yet to come or whether the desert's hot breath has melted his reason into madness.

He cannot cool the burning kiss of thirst upon his lips nor shade the scorching fury of the sun. All about is desolation. He can neither bless nor curse the power that moves him, for he does not know from where it comes.

Learning that it can be more terrible to live than to die, he is driven onward through the burning crucible of desert, where holy men and prophets are cleansed and purged for god's great purpose, until at last, at the end of human strength, beaten into the dust from which he came, the metal is ready for the maker's hand."

Under Construction

Posts: 370 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I have been very interested in politics for at least 50 years, but could never bring myself to spend much time watching political conventions. This one was different! I couldn't stop watching it. Very, very well done. Trump's speech was long but I would have watched it all if it had been twice as long. Great job.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1727 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Mark Zuckerburg “Trump getting up after being shot is “the most badass thing I’ve ever seen”

Link to Twitter/X. Very interesting to hear. He also said “it’s hard to not get emotional when you see that”.

Sorry, don’t know how to embed the video

Posts: 746 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27511 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ I never thought I'd hear that!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Interesting that even now, you can see him still emotional talking about it.

Q

Posts: 27511 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I do see that. Can't imagine he's "coming around", but it's a good sign that more people than we realize are having these feelings.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5905 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
^^ Perfect! Big Grin

Posts: 7485 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Mark Zuch's not endorsing anyone, but that's almost an endorsement, buddy.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12670 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
lengthy speech, late night, all that, but I couldn't stop watching because the content was exciting

https://x.com/RaymondArroyo/st.../1814322289980129735

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
I thought this was pretty good, from Dick Morris's recent YT comment: "The Assassin's Bullet Missed Trump But Hit Biden"