SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 ... 1146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
He droned on and to the point where I was saying, "Now is he done?"

He could have shaved 45 mins off that but, the man was shot 5 days ago so he's earned the right to do pretty much as he pleases.

JFC, is anyone forcing you to watch, or just have to have something to complain about?

Posts: 1846 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
The speech along with many other events were designed to draw a comparison with Joe and Kamala.
Joe can’t give a coherent five minute speech, neither can the laughing hyena.

Joe won’t recognize his granddaughter.
President Trump celebrates his grandchildren.

The length of speech was for compare and contrast.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Always got to have one Negative Nancy in the group. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 27511 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

From the man’s mouth.

The man of the century.

Much like one of my few heros, Sir Winston Churchill.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:

He could have shaved 45 mins off that but, the man was shot 5 days ago so he's earned the right to do pretty much as he pleases.

JFC, is anyone forcing you to watch, or just have to have something to complain about?

I watched the evening's speakers, starting with the Hulk. Eric Trump was the best of them, IMO, but DJT wasn't as dynamic. DJT was supposed to talk for an hour but he went on for more than 90, and while there were fantastic parts, others weren't. It wasn't tight at times, and if you listened or watched too, you'd say it was a normal rally event speech.

I mean the man had a week like no one else so he can do what he wants.

Posts: 4249 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I think we should complain about Donald Trump. Roll Eyes

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10830 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Hey, how about we all talk about the televised speeches we gave a week after we were almost assassinated and compare them to President Trump's performance last night. . .

You know, to put it in perspective.

People said DJT was doing everything wrong in 2016. "He shoulda done this, he's too mean, etc etc." I, for one, am willing to trust his instincts.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
50% of Trump's speech was completely off script.

Yep, and there were times I was rolling on the floor laughing with a couple of his ad libs, he is truly a funny guy. A great speech, the man is unstoppable.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinio...ion-may-already-over

And we all know the DNC will be an absolute train wreck.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Doug Schoen is one of the very rare Dems that I respect, because he has always been objective.

Q

Posts: 27511 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome review of the speech from Doug Shoen and he's Not a Trump Supporter. That's an absolutely glowing critique of the speech.

And if you think it went on too long:
quote:
Some may say that Trump’s speech went on too long on Thursday night. And that may be true. But the American people, unlike political commentators, simply turn the television off, they don’t give the candidate demerits for being long-winded.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Hulk Hogan: "Trumpamania" LOL

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhtagmember,

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's more than cute. It's highly significant and indicative of the Hero Myth infused- immediately and permanently- into the event.

And it's all due to the defiant reaction of Donald Trump in that moment.

A sociologist could explain it better and in more detail, but in that moment, Donald Trump became a legend.

From an American Thinker piece titled "Can the Democrats Defeat An Actual Legend?"

quote:
...I thought of this instantly when I saw those Ugandan kids in that video. The assassination attempt on former president Donald J. Trump has rapidly reached a level in the global culture that few things ever do.

The real-life drama, the exhibition of raw courage, the pure grit, and the defiance that Trump exhibited in that moment. The fact that we know he had no ability to have anticipated it makes it all that much more stunning and shocking at the most basic of human levels.

His response: the fist pump, the call to “Fight” three times, that unflinching look into the crowd with his head exposed to even more danger, above his security team. The blood on his face and on his right ear.

Even Trump’s worst critics deep down could not deny that this is a man of conviction and strength whom they have underestimated.

When Donald Trump responded as only he would, the action transcended borders, cultures, ages, and languages. Even a group of kids who range in age from five to 10 in Uganda instantly understood what they witnessed on that video. Around the world, children and adults, America’s friends and foes saw the exact same thing. The power of something like this cannot be overstated.

Once you see signs that a thing has reached this level in the culture, things will change whether you like it or not. In this case, no amount of talking points, fake media narratives, lawfare, or political smear campaigns can erase the deep-seated impression Trump left throughout society in this one moment.

Does this guarantee him an election victory? No. As we’ve seen, the opposition has its way of doing well when the ballots are counted. But there is one thing no one can doubt at this point. Donald Trump has established himself as a once-in-a-generation global leader. And that is what the majority of people around the world crave right now.

https://www.americanthinker.co...n_actual_legend.html

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kidd's performance was set to Metallica's Sad but True with his American Bad Ass lyrics. I'm an older dude, and a fan of both of them, I thought it was cool. Stirred up that crowd for sure.

Posts: 3645 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Man, fuck you. Roll Eyes

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:

I watched the evening's speakers, starting with the Hulk. Eric Trump was the best of them, IMO, but DJT wasn't as dynamic. DJT was supposed to talk for an hour but he went on for more than 90, and while there were fantastic parts, others weren't. It wasn't tight at times, and if you listened or watched too, you'd say it was a normal rally event speech.

I mean the man had a week like no one else so he can do what he wants.

Maybe you need to take a step back and reassess things, posting this stuff does you no good.

Posts: 2837 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1463 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
i liked the speech very much, it's been decades since i've bothered to watch a convention speech

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a fruitless comment on MSM -

Judge Cannon, in Florida, wrote a 93 page opinion that said the Special Counsel - Jack Smith- was un-Constitutionally assigned. The reaction from the Left-wing press is to condemn the Judge for the decision!

I mentioned that the decision was 93 pages; I am not a formally trained attorney, however, I have started trying to read the entire judgement. I have begun reading her ruling and am astounded by the depth of her legal knowledge!

Her critics do not make reference to her studied approach to the Law, only ád Hominem attacks on her as a Jurist chosen by DJT. I highly doubt that the pundits have the legal scholarly background to comprehend Judge Cannoń’s opinion!

I invite those on the Forum with formal legal training to comment on her work.

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2149 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I watched the president’s speech last night. I thought it was inspiring and refreshing to hear a man who has sacrificed so much express his love and hope for this nation. The contrast between him and Biden was sharp, though I put it out of my mind so as not to lose the sense I felt while being inspired. Was the speech long? Yes. But it was not too long for me. There were two times my eyes went misty. One was when Alina Habba emotionally referred to Donald as her friend and the other at his tribute to Corey the heroic fireman who lost his life while covering his family. Donald has been refined by God and stands ready to save the principles of liberty from the clutches of Leftism.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post