SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 ... 1141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
^^^^ The veracity of the FBI now days concerns me too. Frown

Posts: 23190 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
Anybody notice Morning Joe and his girlfriend were not on the air, hiding probably.

https://thelibertydaily.com/ms...e-they-fear-someone/

Posts: 20557 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Here's a cut from the briefing Sunday morning, bunch of goons. The one in uniform is the sheriff, who the SS now states was in charge of security of the adjacent areas of security, which I did not know when I saw this on Sunday.

The sheriff also stepped forward to talk briefly. In just looking at him standing there, and his participation my immediate take was he appeared like a smarmy, smug SOB. Now we learn that the security failure may have been under his watch, which he would have known at the time.

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Pulled off air for one day, because they were afraid some of their lunatic guest will say something inflammatory. BFD. They will be back tomorrow spewing their usual hate. Nothing changes.

Q

Posts: 27498 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Judge in the classified documents case finally put Smith out of his misery.

Posts: 2037 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
But the legitimacy problem with Smith's appointment existed the day he was appointed. And as much as I agree with Justice Thomas, his comments on that case were pretty much extraneous to the case they ruled on. POTUS immunity has nothing to do with the fact that the Independent Counsel Law had expired, was not renewed and the AG just decided to appoint one anyway.

Whatever. The point is that a spotlight was recently shown on it, and it was made clear that Thomas and likely at least four others on the Supreme Court were looking at it and would probably rule against the Special Counsel. It was a not so subtle hint that told Judge Cannon they had her back.

She probably didn't throw it out previously because she wasn't quite ready to stick her neck out that far until Justice Thomas made it clear the direction the Justices were leaning.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30881 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
Here's a cut from the briefing Sunday morning, bunch of goons. The one in uniform is the sheriff, who the SS now states was in charge of security of the adjacent areas of security, which I did not know when I saw this on Sunday.

That's Chris Paris, the PSP Commissioner.

Posts: 2521 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Whoa.

The classified documents case just got tossed.
https://x.com/julie_kelly2/status/1812849580398051554
The truly good news here is that it's all three cases, Trump, Nauta, and Oliveira, which is a total win. Bless this woman/judge.

The question is whether the DC case(s) gets dropped by the much more partisan Chutkan.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6362 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
President Trump is expected to announce his VP pick today.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30881 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even in spite of the assassination attempt, all of this winning bigly is making my head spin. I think I need to just sit down in my recliner and smile, smile, smile..

Posts: 3380 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
The one in uniform is the sheriff, who the SS now states was in charge of security of the adjacent areas of security, which I did not know when I saw this on Sunday.

The man in uniform is not Butler County Sheriff Mike Slupe but rather PA State Police Lt. Col. Bivens.

Posts: 3562 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
As this cluster unfolds and fingers get pointed, I need to point out that MANY towns in PA simply have no local police force whatsoever and instead rely on the Pennsylvania State Police for coverage and IMO this practice needs to be reigned way in, there are too many areas doing this and they don't pay for it and the PSP ends up getting stretched too thin.

This was a major screwup and some heads need to roll ASAP.

Not to thread drift at all.. just curious.. county Sheriff vs SP?

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2708 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The USSS had command and control of the area.

Period.

They dropped the ball and are now pointing fingers to divert blame.

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:

The man in uniform is not Butler County Sheriff Mike Slupe but rather PA State Police Lt. Col. Bivens.

Look again at his collar. Colonel. I think that is the highest rank in the PSP. They don't go wearing Generals stars like some of these police types do and they don't even wear a shield which is unique to the PSP.

quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:

We don't have county Sheriffs like other states. Sheriffs in PA guard county courthouses and transport prisoners. I think that's why we end up using the PSP so much.

Posts: 34517 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Democrat mayor of Washington city makes stunning claims about Trump assassination attempt

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...ayor-washington.html

A Democrat mayor has suggested Trump faked his assassination attempt - and claimed he may have been inspired by tactics used at wrestling matches.

Aberdeen's mayor Douglas Orr said he is standing by his belief that Trump may have cut his ear as part of the stunt, and is asking that independent doctors review his injury.

Orr wrote a Facebook post riddled with spelling errors where he decried that it's 'sick how polatics [sic] have devolved.'

The Democrat claimed: 'Ears bleed alot [sic]. I hope they check to make sure it wasn’t just a self inflicted scratch. The shooter is dead so we will never know if it was staged.'

Orr added: 'Not buying it quite yet Any way [sic] you look at it, it was a horrific act. Short of Biden dieing [sic], this is about the only thing that could happen that would artificially gain Trump sympathy votes. I hope I’m wrong, but because of his record of deceit, that’s the first thing that came to mind.'

The mayor deleted the message, saying he thought people's replies to it 'were getting out of line.'

In an appearance with The Jason Rantz Show on KTTH, Orr stood by his theory, saying: 'I respectfully have the right to say what was my gut feeling. I don’t believe that people have the right to intimidate me or disrespect me for my respectful comment.'

Orr, who works as an artist, went on to explain that he was questioning the assassination attempt because 'he spent his life growing up watching World Wrestling.'

He said: 'Half the world thinks that they’re really wrestlers and, sure, they’re athletic and all that. But they get paid money for cutting themselves on the forehead or the ear or the top of the head. Areas that bleed a lot and with very little damage.'

While admitting that he has no proof of his claims, Orr said his gut is telling him it was staged because Trump is a 'television actor' with a 'long, horrific trail of this man lying and putting on stunts.'

Orr won his election for mayor by just four votes after two hand recounts in 2023.

He is the first openly gay mayor of Aberdeen, which leans Republican.

A petition was started following Orr's comments about Trump to remove him from office.

The petition party reads: 'The disregard shown by Mayor Douglas Orr toward our community is deeply personal.

'he uses social media and email platforms to belittle and abuse citizens as well as fellow council members, a clear breach of professional conduct.'

More at link

Posts: 13059 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:

In PA, the County Sheriff is an elected official who serves as the CLO of their respective county. The PSP on the other hand is responsible for statewide law enforcement.

Posts: 3562 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
quote:

In PA, the County Sheriff is an elected official who serves as the CLO of their respective county. The PSP on the other hand are responsible for statewide law enforcement.

Same here in VA.. just wondering why Deputies don't take calls for service first then reply on PSP as secondary.

9/11/01 Never Forget

Posts: 2708 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Look again at his collar. Colonel. I think that is the highest rank in the PSP. They don't go wearing Generals stars like some of these police types do and they don't even wear a shield which is unique to the PSP.

I stand corrected. Upon closer examination, I believe that is Col. Paris, head of the PSP.

Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Democrat mayor of Washington city makes stunning claims about Trump assassination attempt

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...ayor-washington.html

A Democrat mayor has suggested Trump faked his assassination attempt - and claimed he may have been inspired by tactics used at wrestling matches.

Aberdeen's mayor Douglas Orr said he is standing by his belief that Trump may have cut his ear as part of the stunt, and is asking that independent doctors review his injury.

Sickening.. and TDS on display right there..

9/11/01 Never Forget