SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 ... 1146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
there are far fetched aspects of the whole affair. they're even trying to suggest that the SS didn't take fundamental precautions to secure the area

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4280 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
CNN:
“ Witnesses have also told reporters that they saw a person fitting the description of the alleged shooter carrying a rifle outside the security cordon of the rally before the shooting. The shooter was spotted by local law enforcement who thought he might’ve been acting suspiciously near the event magnetometers on Saturday, according to a senior law enforcement official. They put it out over their radio to keep an eye on him – and that information was passed to Secret Service as well, according to the source.”

“The Secret Service says there were four counter-sniper teams – two from USSS and two from local law enforcement.“ Link

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
There is not a single person on this planet who has any ambition of taking out or even harming the Ex-Vice President and his awful wife DOCTOR Jill. The fact that Secret Service was redirected to beef up her security at the expense of President Trump's is cartoonishly retarded.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30891 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
Unbelievable. It just gets better and better.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Who in the hell thought that up?

"Hey, let's send the former President's detail to guard the first lady and back fill."

"Great idea."

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/mazemoore/status/1812519829691072691

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109043 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have lots of thoughts about this. It’s pretty clear now the shooter was known for x akin to crime by local cops and or people in the crowd shouting “he’s got a gun” Why not yank trump down.

The SS director needs to resign in disgrace before end of business Monday.

If their rules of engagement are do not fire until fired upon, that’s some bullshit.

My local private range where I shoot has 8 inch steel round plates at 125 yard. And you can set up targets anywhere between 10-125. My son when he was 14 with iron sight AR could hit the plate within a few shots. And this is with cheap 855 ball ammo. Only by the grace of god this PoS missed president trump.

The leftist incendiary talk last 7+ years and really ramping it up in 2024 is who has blood on their hands today.

Still so upset I can’t articulate well

Posts: 4955 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I doubt we'll know in the next 10 years, but the investigation will determine:
1. How many shots the shooter fired
2. How many shots each sniper fired
3. How many shots any other LEO fired

They may reveal the first, I doubt they'll release exact details on the 2 or 3. Perhaps a summary.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38201 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I KNOW A HERO WHEN I SEE ONE

The Washington Post names me along with @elonmusk as one of several businessmen who are using their “megaphones” to spread “narratives” about the assassination attempt on President Trump.

I’m not sure what “narratives” they’re referring to, but I know what I saw, and I know what the crowd in Butler witnessed live.

At it turns out, my father-in-law lives in Pennsylvania and he was at the rally on Saturday. When the shots rang out and Trump went down, he said pandemonium broke out around him. Everyone feared the worst.

But then Trump rose. Covered in his own blood, resisting the secret service’s efforts to whisk him away to safety, Trump raised his fist defiantly, and the crowd could see him say: “Fight. Fight. Fight.”

Immediately the fear of the crowd dissipated, the chaotic uncertainty lifted, and it was replaced with steely resolve. The crowd responded back as one: “USA, USA, USA!”

This is not a “narrative.” It is the truth. Trump stood defiant in the face of an assassin’s bullet. There is no way to fake courage like that.

It was more important for Trump to let the crowd know that he was unbowed and unbroken than to be taken to safety.

Donald Trump has already been in the fight of his life for months, as vindictive Democrats seek to imprison him, but on this day he came within inches of losing it. He has risked everything for this country.

It is now up to us, the American people, to show him that he does not stand alone. Let us reject the lies, the hoaxes, the hate and the division that the media has spread about this brave man, and support his resounding victory in November.

https://x.com/Liberacrat/status/1812683455840346127

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Whatever fantasy document the FBI fabricated for this whitewash will make the Warren Commission report look like a PhD thesis on particle physics

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dire predictions serve only to discourage people.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
The leftist incendiary talk last 7+ years and really ramping it up in 2024 is who has blood on their hands today.

From 3 years ago, and appropriate now.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

USSS Director Kimberly Cheatle is not having a good time being the head-shed:

1. Jan 2021 pipebomb planted next to DNC headquarters as VP-elect Kamala Harris held meetings
2. April 2023 man breaks into National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan's home in Wash DC. USSS officers posted outside were unaware.
3. April 2024 female USSS agent assigned to Kamala Harris goes 5150 and starts fighting with colleagues at Andrews AFB before a scheduled departure.
4. July 2024 attempted assassination of DJT at political rally in PA.

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

From 3 years ago, and appropriate now.
[video]

I have also seen people claim the assassination attempt was a false flag. Mad

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
https://x.com/DogRightGirl/sta...tivetreehouse.com%2F

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe class="" frameborder="0" id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-1&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=light&width=550px&id=1812296246784065849" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 650px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

that was the snipers I was referring to they never looked like they fired the rifle no kick no muzzle blast, 300 win mag is a beast I had one and fired 20 rds thru it before I sold it, i'm not a wimp but that thing was brutal.

Posts: 5677 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
It would be a grave mistake to think they won't try again. The left is undeniably relentless in their quest for power.

Pressure needs to be applied to divert more Secret Service resources to President Trump's detail, or he must supplement with private security.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The courage Donald J Trump displayed after being shot was truly amazing. I can't wait till November, and I have the honor of voting for him.

I’m here to learn more about firearms and would love to contribute as well. I’ve been following this forum for a few years and would feel honored to be a member.

Posts: 12 | Location: Gilbert  | Registered: May 25, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
BREAKING NEWS: Trump gives first interview since attempted assassination as he opens up on the decision that saved his life, why he raised his fist and yelled 'fight' and how 'reality is just setting in'

By STEPHEN M. LEPORE FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 22:49 EDT, 14 July 2024 | UPDATED: 00:15 EDT, 15 July 2024

Donald Trump has given his first in-depth interview after miraculously surviving an assassination attempt at his Pennsylvania rally Saturday, insisting 'I'm supposed to be dead'.

Trump revealed how turning his head away from the crowd to look at a video screen may have saved his life at the Butler, Pennsylvania rally and how he wanted to keep talking after gunman Thomas Matthew Crooks struck him in the right ear.

He said Sunday: 'I rarely look away from the crowd. Had I not done that in that moment, well, we would not be talking today, would we?'

Trump noted that he had turned slightly to the right so that he could read a chart on illegal immigrants.

'The most incredible thing was that I happened to not only turn but to turn at the exact right time and in just the right amount,' he added, saying he survived 'by luck or by God'.

'If I only half-turn, it hits the back of the brain. The other way goes right through [my skull]. And because the sign was high, I'm looking up. The chances of my making a perfect turn are probably one tenth of one percent, so I'm not supposed to be here.'

'I'm not supposed to be here, I'm supposed to be dead,' Trump told the New York Post. 'I'm supposed to be dead.'

'Because the thing was an eighth of an inch away. That I would turn exactly at that second, where he [the gunman] wouldn't stop the shot is pretty amazing. Pretty amazing. I'm really not supposed to be here.'

Trump turned his head at the vital moment and ended up with a bloody ear. He was hustled off stage by his Secret Service detail, but not before giving his supporters a clenched fist salute.

The former president addressed the now-iconic moment where he raised his fist and mouthed 'fight' to the stunned audience.

'A lot of people say it's the most iconic photo they've ever seen,' Trump said. 'They're right and I didn't die. Usually you have to die to have an iconic picture.'

He said he wanted his fans to know he was alright 'and that America goes on, we go forward, that we are strong.'

'The energy coming from the people there in that moment, they just stood there; it's hard to describe what that felt like, but I knew the world was looking. I knew that history would judge this, and I knew I had to let them know we are OK,' Trump added.

'I said, I've got to walk out, I have to walk out,' Trump said during his flight to Milwaukee, according to the Examiner. 'I did not want to be carried out. I've seen people being carried out, and it's not good. And I had no problem with walking.' \

Trump was full of praise for his adoring audience, citing how they reacted to the situation.

'A lot of places, especially soccer games, you hear a single shot, everybody runs. Here there were many shots and they stayed. I love them. They are such great people.'

Trump accepted Joe Biden's phone call after the shooting, calling it 'fine' and saying the president was 'very nice.'

He added that the 'reality is just setting in' with him regarding the shooting and the chaotic aftermath. Trump pointed to his nose and said they killed Crooks 'with one shot right between the eyes.'

Despite the controversy over the Secret Service for allowing the shooting to happen, he praised the speed and strength of his security.

He said he received a bruise on his arm just from a secret service member keeping him on the floor.

'That's just from a guy grabbing me,' Trump said. 'You know how strong you have to be to do that?'

'They did a fantastic job,' he added. 'It's surreal for all of us.'

Trump also saw the bizarre side of the incident, including one moment where he can be seen saying that he wants to get his shoes.

'The agents hit me so hard that my shoes fell off, and my shoes are tight,' he said.

Trump, ever the showman, added that he wanted to try and go back to the podium and keep speaking.

'I wanted to keep speaking - I wanted to keep speaking, but I just got shot. It's a very surreal experience, and you never know what you're going to do until a thing like that happens.'

Thomas Matthew Crooks, the 20-year-old would-be assassin who shot Donald Trump, opened fire at the former president with an AR-style rifle from a roof 130 yards from the rally stage in Butler, Pennsylvania, on Saturday at 6.15pm.

He spoke to journalist Salena Zito, who was photographed at the rally following the gunfire, hiding behind a speaker.

Zito said that Trump reached out to her on CNN Sunday, where they began an interview about the shooting, his reaction and his plans for his speech on Thursday at the RNC.

'The speech I was going to give on Thursday was going to be a humdinger,' he told the Washington Examiner.

'Had this not happened, this would've been one of the most incredible speeches aimed mostly at the policies of President Joe Biden.

'Honestly, it's going to be a whole different speech now,' he added.

'I think it would be very bad if I got up and started going wild about how horrible everybody is, and how corrupt and crooked, even if it's true. Had this not happened, we had a speech that was pretty well set that was extremely tough. Now, we have a speech that is more unifying.'

Trump, who has often cut a divisive figure in American politics, now plans a Thursday speech that could unite the nation.

'It is a chance to bring the country together. I was given that chance. This is a chance to bring the whole country, even the whole world, together. The speech will be a lot different, a lot different than it would've been two days ago,' he said.

It seems to be part of an attempt by both sides to tone down the rhetoric following the shooting.

'I've been fighting a group of people that I considered very bad people for a long time, and they've been fighting me, and we've put up a very good fight,' he said.

'We had a very tough speech, and I threw it out last night, I said I can't say these things after what I've been through.'

He still appeared skeptical but hopeful that he could bring Americans of all political stars and stripes together.

'I'd love to achieve unity if you could achieve unity, if that's possible. There are many good people on the other side … But there are also people who are very divided. Some people actually want open borders and some people don't want open borders,' he said.

'The question is can those two sides get together? Can sides where you have people who want to see men play in women's sports, and you have a side that doesn't understand even the concept of allowing that to happen [get together]?'

A member of the crowd was killed in the deadly shooting, while two others who were wounded are in critical condition. All three are males, according to law enforcement officials.

Trump was left bloodied and hurt during the assassination attempt as he was seen to suddenly grab hold of his ear as loud bangs rang out and whizzed by before he ducked to the floor.

The Secret Service swarmed around the 45th US President as piercing screams were heard from the MAGA crowd.

He then got to his feet with blood pouring down his cheek and raised his fist in the air and defiantly shouted 'fight' while the audience shouted 'USA' as he was dragged off stage and bundled into a vehicle.

Secret Service agents could be heard shouting 'the shooter is down' in the ensuing chaos and the gunman was later confirmed dead.

Trump was taken to hospital for treatment before being later released.

Spokesman Steven Cheung said Trump is 'fine' and being checked out at a local medical facility while the former president's eldest son Donald Trump Jr said his father 'is in great spirits'.

Trump flew back to New Jersey ahead of his spending the night at his golf resort in Bedminster.

In a post to his Truth Social network, Trump thanked the Secret Service and other law enforcement 'for their rapid response'.

'I knew immediately that something was wrong in that I heard a whizzing sound, shots, and immediately felt the bullet ripping through the skin,' he said on social media.

'Much bleeding took place, so I realized then what was happening.

'I want to thank The United States Secret Service, and all of law enforcement, for their rapid response,' Trump added.

'Most importantly, I want to extend my condolences to the family of the person at the rally who was killed, and also to the family of another person that was badly injured.

'It is incredible that such an act can take place in our country.

'GOD BLESS AMERICA!'

Q

Posts: 27511 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post