SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 ... 1141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:

Watch the video of the female SS officer trying to reholster her pistol after they get President Trump into the vehicle. Complete incompetent clown show.

Not sure about that. I occasionally carry my G-43X (not the USSS handgun) in a G&G three slot pancake, reholstering is not easy.

Posts: 16002 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
reholstering is not easy.

And especially when there are other things on one's mind.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47672 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:

Watch the video of the female SS officer trying to reholster her pistol after they get President Trump into the vehicle. Complete incompetent clown show.

Not sure about that. I occasionally carry my G-43X (not the USSS handgun) in a G&G three slot pancake, reholstering is not easy.

She was obviously stressed. It can be hard to do even simple things when all that adrenaline is running through you. There is no way to know if there are more threats, their (almost) worst nightmare just occurred (a protectee got shot), and she must be experiencing sensory overload.

Now, I'm not an expert, but I am willing to give her some slack on the re-holstering thing (although, it does not look good).

The important thing, for me, is that she was placing herself in direct line of fire of any other threats (again, we don't even know now if there were other shooters) to protect her VIP.

I respect the Secret Service. I really admire them, and acknowledge they do a job I could never do. However, I think it's obvious at this point that there is room for improvement. IMO, (and take that for what it's worth) the shooter NEVER should have gotten that close with such a clear line of sight. SOMEBODY failed to allow that to happen. After President Trump was shot, it seemed to take a LONG time to get him in the vehicle and out of the venue. Granted, I've never done this job, but two retired law enforcement relatives I was watching this footage with both agreed that it took WAY too long to get him out of there.

I'm sure this will be monday morning quarterbacked for years, and we will likely never get satisfactory answers to all our questions/concerns.

I do believe, though, that God was watching out for President Trump. I also believe that the dems have been fomenting and ENCOURAGING this very kind of violence for YEARS against President Trump in particular, and us in general. It was only a matter of time until some nutjob took action.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Our broken media accepts zero responsibility and questions even if this was political violence. These people have dehumanized Trump for years and have basically crafted a narrative where the rules should be broken to oppose Trump. Nauseating society we have ourselves in this country. Democrats own this and they will not be holding themselves responsible.

Posts: 2037 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Can we get a sticky for the official DJT donation page? Is it winred.com? donadltrump.com?

I'm so fired up this morning with gratitude and resolve. Watching Trump stop his agents to raise his fist and shout FIGHT!!, FIGHT!! literally brought a tear to my eye.

Thanks.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5516 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27498 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
The video in the embedded post below shows the the entire sequence from just prior to the shot thru DJT getting in the vehicle and leaving the scene. It portrays the events AND the Secret Service in a MUCH better light than the many individual snippets out there. IMO they were MUCH more professional, focused, on task and determined to protect 'Our President' than has been portrayed and should be commended for their actions!

https://x.com/SpartaJustice/st.../1812277730102419462

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9428 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
Our broken media accepts zero responsibility and questions even if this was political violence. These people have dehumanized Trump for years and have basically crafted a narrative where the rules should be broken to oppose Trump. Nauseating society we have ourselves in this country. Democrats own this and they will not be holding themselves responsible.

This is spot on bdylan. The liberal media created this situation by calling Trump a “threat to democracy” and constantly comparing him to Hitler. Now they are doing everything they can to hide their culpability in the matter. CNN is running stories about past assassination attempts on Presidents and Presidential candidates in attempt to normalize this.

Posts: 6709 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
I don’t think the first TMZ video https://www.tmz.com/2024/07/13...an-roof-trump-rally/ is the snipers actually firing, it’s them reacting to the shooter’s gun shots. Trump is just getting hit during the first 3 shots that sound the same. In the second TMZ https://x.com/sentdefender/sta...c5AImQQlqvaHSb-My44A focusing on the shooter, if you can hear through the screaming banshee, there’s the 3 initial shots, followed by a brief pause then I believe 5 rapid shots, and then another quieter shot, then a little later another quieter shot. Listening to the second video, I’m not sure the shooter didn’t fire 8 times and the quiet shots are the sniper fire? It looks like at the end of the first video the sniper is just getting back on target to engage, if those are even the snipers that actually shot the shooter…

This is my interpretation too. I counted 8 initial shots from what sounds like the same source and shortly after that 1 different sounding shot. That is a logical fit with how the scenario played out, based on video.

I saw no videos yesterday that showed the counter-snipers firing. The video discussed earlier is a reaction, in my opinion, as you stated.

I’m wondering if the Secret Service rifles had a camera on then.

Posts: 6442 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

I'm sorry but this making excuse is not going to fly with me. Not easy? With other things on your mind? Holy cow! They are not average Joes like us. These are supposed to be top professionals. The best. They trained for shit like this what, thousands of times?

Q

Posts: 27498 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
quote:
there seems to be a pic of the snipers and rifle and scope. Wouldn't that scope be able to discern a threat at 150yards? The scope must be 15" long with 50mm lens.

They opine AR10, incorrect…more likely a
Barrett in high caliber, approaching 50 cal by size of entry wound mentioned by para.

Secret Service counter-sniper teams use rifles in .300 Win Mag, built using Remington 700 long actions in Accuracy International AX AICS chassis.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 33036 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Now here’s an unexpected take.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XFx8ivNJpIs?si=FXSAYCykazgpwI-D" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

But then, there is this, CNN trying to beat themselves in the race to the new bottom.

CNN host scolds Trump for saying 'Fight!' in immediate aftermath of assassination attempt
'We want to tamp it down,' CNN's Jamie Gangel said

By Joshua Q. Nelson | Fox News
Published July 14, 2024 12:55am EDT

A CNN correspondent criticized former President Trump for yelling "fight!" to his supporters in the immediate aftermath of Saturday's stunning assassination attempt in Pennsylvania.

Trump could be seen bleeding from his ear as he was hustled off stage Saturday evening, shortly after a gunman opened fire at his rally. As Secret Service agents moved him away once the shooter had been killed, Trump raised his first and yelled "fight!" repeatedly, to roars of appreciation from his supporters.

CNN special correspondent Jamie Gangel suggested the presumptive Republican nominee was sending the wrong message.

"I do want to say there was one thing that when I watched the tape, I found odd because of all of the heated rhetoric, and that is after he was hit, former President Trump got up and said, ‘fight, fight, fight,’" Gangel said.

"I think what we’re hearing from people is that’s not the message that we want to be sending right now. We want to tamp it down," she said.

Gangel's remarks drew criticism from some conservatives, many of whom were elated at Trump's defiance in the moment. The perpetrator killed at least one attendee and critically injured two others, according to reports.

CBS host Margaret Brennan similarly chided Trump on Saturday for not urging his supporters to lower the political "temperature" in his social media statement, where he expressed condolences for the other victims and thanked law enforcement for their swift response.

Trump was discharged from a Pittsburgh-area hospital late Saturday and is now safe.

After addressing the nation and condemning the "sick" attack, President Biden spoke to Trump on the phone. Other former presidents and bipartisan voices have also condemned the shooting and wished Trump a speedy recovery.

Q

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

I'm sorry but this making excuse is not going to fly with me. Not easy? With other things on your mind? Holy cow! They are not average Joes like us. These are supposed to be top professionals. The best. They trained for shit like this what, thousands of times?

Lots of questions will need answering, going forward. When I look at the agents who responded to the stage, I don’t see a lot of experience, besides maybe 1. I see a lot of younger agents who probably don’t work protection as their main gig and appear to never have been in armed conflict. They just don’t look like the A Team who has been there and done that in military before joining the USSS.

There is plenty of time, though, for questions to be asked and answers to be rooted out. Clearly there are obvious gaps in security, and the first question that needs answering is if the reports that claims there are denied requests for additional staff are true. The second question is what are those requests based on.

That is where to start.

Scratch that, first place to start is proper and appropriate respect and condolences to the rally attendee who was murdered.

Posts: 6442 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Now here’s an unexpected take.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XFx8ivNJpIs?si=FXSAYCykazgpwI-D" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Ol Cenk may have just about the worst political opinions in this country but that was a very honest and true take on the events. Good for him.

posted Hide Post
GFY’s, CNN!

This is a bed of your own making.

Posts: 3577 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31986 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
It's still the fog of war, who knows what's what.
All this about Crooks (his house is now surrounded, wtf), he doesn't seem to be the guy.

This posted on 4chan, little attribution and appears to be gone now. Looks as possible as anything, could be the same guy, I dunno --

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8538 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Twist18:
Interesting looking fella, any bets on him being “trans”?

That was my first thought when I saw the pics of the SOB.

Posts: 1289 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
I don't fault or criticize any of his protection detail. Likely they were very understaffed and had little time to do advance securing of the site.

Posts: 9722 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
The mainstream are just plain vulgar.
They will continue try and twist this.

Oh and yes, memos are sent out between different agencies to spread a consistent narrative.

If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast. William Tecumseh Sherman.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39871 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post