SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 ... 1146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
A comment posted on Treehouse verbatim -
Bennie Thompson promoted a bill that would revoke President Trump’s SS Detail. One of his staffers posted this yesterday on X.
This woman is a field director for Congressman Bennie Thompson. You may remember him as the chairman of the J6 committee so let’s just see how long she stays employed!
https://twitter.com/whs39042/s...450950889945/photo/1
“I don’t condone violence but please get you some
shooting lessons so you don’t miss next time
oops that wasn’t me talking”

Similar to the Tik-Tok vids earlier, these ‘people’ are seriously phuk-dup.

That is some serious scumbag shit right there.
Way to hire the unhinged Bennie! I hope the shit hitting the fan blows right in his face.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
They lie about everything, if they say he's the shooter, I'm wondering who it really is.
Enough

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to make a comment in general about the words floating around the net about the supposed incompetence of the female SS officers. This was a game and not practice. There was adrenaline and the fog of war in full effect.
I don't know SS procedures, but when I watched video of those women, I saw them put their backs against the protection vehicle and I saw their heads on swivels looking around. I'm thinking they were following orders that were being relayed to them by someone who was also on adrenaline.

The important thing is that the team got President Trump to safety.

Posts: 797 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:
I’m fairly certain that the screenshot going around showing him to be a republican is photoshopped. Look directly under where it says republican and there are smudges there that stop exactly after the third to last letter.

Democrat is two letters shorter than republican.

It's not photoshopped. You can look it up on the PA Dept of State website. He was a registered as a Republican. But he also donated to ActBlue on Biden's inauguration day. Will be interesting to see what the FBI can find in his house, computer, etc.

Voter registration means nothing nowadays. You know there were MANY instances of people registering so they could vote and skew results in the primaries.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PeteF,

Posts: 1080 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
On another forum the current suspect is Thomas Matthew Crooks, 20. Donated to actblue, registered republican. Was in a Blackrock advertisement about scholarships or school funding. Video since removed. Looks like what was left of the shooter.

Posts: 10040 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10040 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
I want to make a comment in general about the words floating around the net about the supposed incompetence of the female SS officers. This was a game and not practice. There was adrenaline and the fog of war in full effect.
I don't know SS procedures, but when I watched video of those women, I saw them put their backs against the protection vehicle and I saw their heads on swivels looking around. I'm thinking they were following orders that were being relayed to them by someone who was also on adrenaline.

I heard one of the commentators on Fox last night (maybe Bongino) say that one of the female agents (the one who he has his arm around as he walks off stage and the one who put him into the car) is his detail leader who has been with him for years. Not sure if it's true - I would think his detail leader would go in the car with him as he departs but I know nothing ofSS procedures.

Posts: 6082 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
On another forum the current suspect is Thomas Matthew Crooks, 20. Donated to actblue, registered republican. Was in a Blackrock advertisement about scholarships or school funding. Video since removed. Looks like what was left of the shooter.
Just a quick note, in PA we have close primaries. Some people do switch party registration in order to effect a primary for the general election. Also, some candidates will switch their affiliation if their party selected someone else to run.

Posts: 10192 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
https://x.com/IndSocEnjoyer/st.../1812334694983221556

Don’t know if fake.

The photo itself isn't fake. You can see that sign in the window if you go to the Street View in Google Maps for 231 Edmond St in Pittsburgh, PA.

However, what remains unclear is whether that's actually the shooter's address.

Posts: 33036 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:

Agreed, they looked fine to me. I care about SS being able to draw quickly and shoot the right target (and not the wrong one), I care about them reflexively surrounding and protecting POTUS, I care they keep their heads on a swivel looking for threats... etc. I honestly don't care if they can re-holster a weapon with style under pressure.

In the coming days as more analysis is given to this event I'm sure there will be plenty of room for legitimate critiques on the Secret Service, but this isn't it.

Posts: 2449 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
In the coming days as more analysis is given to this event I'm sure there will be plenty of room for legitimate critiques on the Secret Service, but this isn't it.

Yep.

Those bashing them for their reholstering have never tried to operate under extreme stress.

Just a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacking, from those who never played.

Posts: 33036 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
This is the best thing out of Forbes in a long time? Let us know your real thoughts...

Posts: 9404 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I've calmed down some from yesterday although my anger, outrage, and blood pressure are still off the charts.

I refuse to join in with the amateur analysis preferring to wait and see. That said the usual suspects who have created and yes encouraged this type of violence can rot in eternal damnation.

Something I haven't seen posted here (apologies if I missed it) is this clip which purports to have the shooter speaking about his hate of Republicans and Trump. Starts at :25. Don't know how reliable this outlet is.

More at https://www.republicworld.com/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:

Yep.

Those bashing them for their reholstering have never tried to operate under extreme stress.

Just a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacking, from those who never played.

Yeah, but that's not how they do it in the movies.

Posts: 20563 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Yep, in the movies they do it 25 or 30 times and then pick the best one for the scene

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
The photo itself isn't fake. You can see that sign in the window if you go to the Street View in Google Maps for 231 Edmond St in Pittsburgh, PA.

However, what remains unclear is whether that's actually the shooter's address.

It's internet misinformation. Edmond St. in the Bloomfield section of Pittsburgh is nowhere near the Milford Dr. address in Bethel Park, PA where LE is conducting an investigation.

Posts: 3562 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
This is the issue with believing or simply sharing something that some random person posted on Twitter, without any actual verification.

All of a sudden, an unconnected homeowner is thrust into the middle of this mess, with the same inaccurate details being repeatedly reshared on social media and believed by a portion of the population, followed by paparazzi harassment, nasty letters, death threats, etc.

Don't jump to conclusions based purely on social media speculation.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
SS now contradicting claims addl security requests were denied…

I am certainly going to take the Biden administration appointee's word on this.

They never quit. We could have audio/video of Cheatle nixing the request, and they would still deny it happened.

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Admittedly, I am not a cop, no hands on experience in protection details, etc. However, basic military training (USMC Boot camp) does give me a basic understanding of tactics.

Also over 30 years with the Sheriff’s department I was on duty during multiple presidential, vice presidential, candidate, and other dignitary visits to the Seattle area where I was privy to the action plans and assignments for the local agencies that provide support to the SS on these visits (WA State Patrol, King Co. Sheriff, Seattle and sometimes other city PD). With that, I have a little more background and understanding of how these things work than your average Joe even if less than those LEO’s who have “been there and done that.”

As I see more and more coverage on this, here is what concerns me…

Shooter position appears to be a pretty obvious spot to have secured or, at the very least, under constant observation. That spot and the other buildings around it are the only high points in the area other than the buildings behind the podium where the counter snipers were located.

Doesn’t matter that it was ”outside the security perimeter”. Even with “limited” resources that is a spot that should have been identified and secured. Not necessarily by SS, could be a spot for one of the local agencies to have covered.

Shooter appears to have gotten off somewhere between 6-8 shots before the counter sniper took him out. The first three shots pretty evenly spaced about a half second apart, then a volley of 4-5 quick shots before the final shot heard, -presumably the counter snipers shot as it had a notably different report compared to what clearly sounded like an AR cycling to me from the shooter.

That delay to engage concerns me. I did see some footage of the counter sniper, and gear setup might have been an issue, again though that seems like a bush league performance.

Really interested in the final after action report on this, seems to be a number of failures.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11219 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Did that supersonic rifle bullet damage President Trumps hearing on one side?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post