SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 ... 1167
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I seriously don't understand these (Senator above) types of comments. I know they're idiots. But what data regarding things that have happened, or things that have been said or things they believe will be caused by MAGA to make them say that this is expected because of MAGA?

We can call them idiots and delusional and deranged. And they may be all off that. Still, I have no idea what the basis is for their beliefs. What has really been said or done to say things like that?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13124 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
I am no expert but that tripod looked shaky as heck and it looks really weird. Did the guy on his belly behind him take the shots.

Posts: 3813 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
No expert, but maybe he was startled by the vivid nature of the spotting of the assassin, that he pulled out of scope view. It doesn't seem possible he could reaquire the target that quickly if he looked over the scope. Maybe his tripod was secure enough and already set on the target that he could assume it was on target and he didn't reaquire after looking over scope, and just pulled trigger. Then his tripod slid after the shot. If indeed that sniper took a shot.

Posts: 7650 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
I am no expert but that tripod looked shaky as heck and it looks really weird. Did the guy on his belly behind him take the shots.

The kneeling guy clearly took the first shot (see the recoil).

Q

Posts: 27694 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
They’re defective people brainwashed by the media and the ‘education’ system

Posts: 53887 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
not that one.

this one.

delete if not allowed

And people back east wonder … ‘now why don’t he write?”

0:01

Posts: 4290 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WingedMedic:]
That's not at all what I'm seeing... I'm seeing the sniper being startled by the initial shots and coming off his gun... Did not see him take a single shot in that video.

Yes, it’s odd. His ‘rig’ appears to be off-balance after being startled from the first shots, and then his weapon does not seem to level out / settle down on at the target.

Posts: 3598 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
quote:
Originally posted by WingedMedic:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
we have multiple copies of the SS sniper video, but here is one from TMZ

https://www.tmz.com/2024/07/13...an-roof-trump-rally/

it looks like the sniper on the left fires 3 shots. The gunfire sound looks synch'd w the rifle recoil

That's not at all what I'm seeing... I'm seeing the sniper being startled by the initial shots and coming off his gun... Did not see him take a single shot in that video.

I am seeing him take one shot. The recoil is evident.
Metal barn roofs have tall seams. I think what we're seeing is the kneeling sniper pulling his rifle to new target (i.e. ANTIFA d-bag), tripod hitting a tall barn roof seam, and sniper firing from an awkward position.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23714 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
No expert, but maybe he was startled by the vivid nature of the spotting of the assassin, that he pulled out of scope view. It doesn't seem possible he could reaquire the target that quickly if he looked over the scope. Maybe his tripod was secure enough and already set on the target that he could assume it was on target and he didn't reaquire after looking over scope, and just pulled trigger. Then his tripod slid after the shot. If indeed that sniper took a shot.

If his target was acquired and he was on target AND he sees what/who is target is...with a rifle, what's he waiting for? Why did the shooter get his shots off?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39324 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
They showed the map and location of the POS vs the location of the podium. There is no way in hell that roof top should have been left uncovered by SS or LEO’s. Someone dropped the ball. (Multiple balls in fact) Grateful he is still with us. Praying for those injured and lost as well as their loved ones.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I’ll give you that.

Posts: 4290 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by WingedMedic:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
we have multiple copies of the SS sniper video, but here is one from TMZ

https://www.tmz.com/2024/07/13...an-roof-trump-rally/

it looks like the sniper on the left fires 3 shots. The gunfire sound looks synch'd w the rifle recoil

This is weird. At 13 secs, the SS sniper's head moved way up above the scope, obviously with the eyes not looking through it. But then you see him take the shot (see the recoil). Can some of you sniping experts explain this?

Not a sniping expert, but I think I can see him take the first shot, then lower the muzzle so he can sight over the scope and assess effect, either with naked eye or through a reflex, then re-acquire the target through the scope for the followup shot.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16996 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I think when his head comes up he is using a reflex mounted above the scope to quickly find the target then transitions to the magnification of the scope to take the shot.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4896 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Looking at the TMZ sniper video:

1. The kneeling guy seems to be targeting something and then checks for a non-optics view. Why? It's not clear to me that he takes a shot unless unintended - need to watch again but it doesn't seem like he takes a shot while targeting through the scope.

2. Why does the prone guy retreat? Are they taking fire? It seems like a odd thing for an assassin to do but would he have fired first on the snipers and then at Trump? But the other videos seem to suggest the first shot was at Trump. So then perhaps shots after the first were aimed at the snipers in hopes of escape?

Speculating at curiosities but the sniper behavior just seems a little odd to the inexperienced (like me).

Need to look at the video again....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13124 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
One thing that's probably confusing is the sniper team is pretty far from the camera, meaning that the gunshots will not be in sync auditorially with the visual recoil.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16996 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
They showed the map and location of the POS vs the location of the podium. There is no way in hell that roof top should have been left uncovered by SS or LEO’s. Someone dropped the ball. (Multiple balls in fact) Grateful he is still with us. Praying for those injured and lost as well as their loved ones.

Yup!

Report: Secret Service Agents Were Standing on Rooftop Near to Where Shooter Was Reportedly Stationed – How did They Miss This?

https://twitter.com/OAlexander...ding-rooftop-near%2F

Q

Posts: 27694 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
They may not have been looking at the roof until the last few seconds, as it's outside the actual security perimeter. A bystander tipped them off at the last moment.

Presidential candidates may not get as much security resources as the President.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
not that one.

this one.

delete if not allowed

Something odd to me in this picture. The blood on his face seems clearly very dry, yet the blood on the surrounding areas is still wet. Any more info about this photo, or why the apparent discrepency in the blood? I am not trying to imply anything, or stir up controversy, I just don't understand parts of the picture.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
They may not have been looking at the roof until the last few seconds, as it's outside the actual security perimeter. A bystander tipped them off at the last moment.

Presidential candidates may not get as much security resources as the President.

It’s a failure.