SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'll settle for being happy that the rest of us don't subsidize California's spending any more.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So now Nancy is saying that pulling funding for WHO is illegal. WTF is she even thinking? Lady has no shame.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...o-freeze-who-funding

Posts: 683 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:
So now Nancy is saying that pulling funding for WHO is illegal. WTF is she even thinking? Lady has no shame.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...o-freeze-who-funding

I'm sure she could show us all where it's stated in the Constitution that we must fund an international organization.
Roll Eyes

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Wouldn't you just love to be a tax paying, American citizen in California?

California's Newsom announces $125M fund to give coronavirus stimulus checks to immigrants in state illegally

California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced on Wednesday plans to give cash payments to adult immigrants living illegally in the state to help them weather the coronavirus crisis.

The plan, which would use a mix of taxpayer money and charitable donations from corporations and philanthropists, will give 150,000 adults $500 each during the coronavirus outbreak, the governor said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...s-illegal-immigrants

The only way we will take back control of the state is when it finally collapses from its own debt and mismanagement. The faster that happens the better. Im in favor of taxing the millionaires and billionaires in the state through the goddamn roof at this point. Most of them are silicon valley liberals anyway who promote higher spending and taxes anyways for the middle class, so fuck em. I say chase them out if CA and watch this shithole burn. I dont see any other way to get this state going in the right direction.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:

THAT.WAS.AWESOME !!! Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Limit freedoms will stay long after coronavirus: ‘What is being built is the architecture of oppression’
April 15, 2020 | Vivek Saxena |

Edward Snowden, the Obama-era whistleblower who exposed the National Security Agency’s illicit international surveillance programs, warned in an interview last week that the authoritarian emergency powers being seized by leaders here and abroad could become enshrined in stone and be used to oppress people in perpetuity.

“As authoritarianism spreads, as emergency laws proliferate, as we sacrifice our rights, we also sacrifice our capability to arrest the slide into a less liberal and less free world,” he said in an interview with Vice magazine.

“Do you truly believe that when the first wave, this second wave, the 16th wave of the coronavirus is a long-forgotten memory, that these capabilities will not be kept? That these datasets will not be kept? No matter how it is being used, what is being built is the architecture of oppression.”

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2...ponse&utm_term=EMAIL

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
The only way we will take back control of the state is when it finally collapses from its own debt and mismanagement.

It's coming sooner than you think with the lack of tax revenue and added expenses due to COVID19.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Three more deaths in Oregon:

"The agency said an 82-year-old Marion County man and two women from Multnomah County — ages 84 and 92 — were the latest patients to succumb to the illness, bringing the pandemic’s death toll statewide to 58. All three had underlying medical conditions, health officials said, though they didn’t specify what the conditions were."

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
The only way we will take back control of the state is when it finally collapses from its own debt and mismanagement. The faster that happens the better. Im in favor of taxing the millionaires and billionaires in the state through the goddamn roof at this point. Most of them are silicon valley liberals anyway who promote higher spending and taxes anyways for the middle class, so fuck em. I say chase them out if CA and watch this shithole burn. I dont see any other way to get this state going in the right direction.

Don't leave out their buddies in the showbiz industry, who've done a wonderful job of shaping the impressions and opinions of a willfully ignorant electorate.
I'd be fine with a general collapse, I'm in good shape financially and quite stable both health and employment so, bring it on. People need to feel pain.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
According to our governor we are in full crisis mode for the covid virus. Yet one of the larger hospitals in the hardest hit county closes?

https://www.clickondetroit.com...s-covid-19-patients/

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I'll settle for being happy that the rest of us don't subsidize California's spending any more.

You don't think states like California, and in particular the most backwards-ass state in which I live, Illinois, which is the most fiscally irresponsible state there is, will be asking for federal help "because of this virus" to get out of the financial hole they created long before this virus?

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
You don't think states like California, and in particular the most backwards-ass state in which I live, Illinois, which is the most fiscally irresponsible state there is, will be asking for federal help "because of this virus" to get out of the financial hole they created long before this virus?

Did you see the reports today that Pritzker is doing a backdoor deal directly with China to spend 174 million dollars for PPE (not including ventilators)? $174M!! For masks, gowns, gloves, eye protection. Including 2 chartered flights of around $900,000 each. Fucking incredible. Our state is BROKE and he spends this much money on these things. Sure they’re needed...but he’s being taken to the woodshed by China. Asshole.

Posts: 683 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Wouldn't you just love to be a tax paying, American citizen in California?

There was an article I read recently, about Tom Brady and possible places he might sign. Los Angeles was one, somewhere else, and then Florida. The article compared the tax implications of signing with a team in CA vs. signing with a team in FL. It was millions of dollars per year less that he would bring home in CA vs. FL. I was stunned.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

quote:

31 photos!!! Big Grin

THAT.WAS.AWESOME !!! Big Grin

You can just feel the libturd heads exploding Big Grin

Would that it were it whitler's as well.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Oh, they'll certainly try - but they won't get very far. By the time they get a realistic chance to try to get Uncle Sam to subsidize their stupid spending, Uncle Sam will have some king-sized debt of his own to deal with.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
The governor of NJ was just on Tucker Carlson wiping his ass with the Constitution.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Iran’s General Salami unveils world’s first magnetic bipolar coronavirus detector

quote:
In a world first, Iran unveiled a special magnetic coronavirus detector Wednesday it claimed can remotely identify infected people and contaminated areas within a range of 100 meters. Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Commander Major General Hossein Salami said the unique device is so advanced it obviates the need for blood tests and delivers a result in just five seconds.

Salami Unveils Bipolar Magnetic Coronavirus Detector

Dated April 15, not April 1.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People protesting that they want to work. That's a new one

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Iran’s General Salami unveils world’s first magnetic bipolar coronavirus detector...

Hossein Mah Salami?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
The governor of NJ was just on Tucker Carlson wiping his ass with the Constitution.

Tucker held his feet to the fire though.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post