SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Barack Hussein Osama salami.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
The governor of NJ was just on Tucker Carlson wiping his ass with the Constitution.

Seriously, those were some 'Mighty Rich' comments by an Ignorant Leftest Governor!

'Each life lost is a 'precious life' lost... I wasn't thinking about the Bill of Rights 'AT ALL' when I made those decisions... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Iran’s General Salami unveils world’s first magnetic bipolar coronavirus detector

This sounds like something that you would buy from a late night infomercial.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
The governor of NJ was just on Tucker Carlson wiping his ass with the Constitution.

Seriously, those were some 'Mighty Rich' comments by an Ignorant Leftest Governor!

'Each life lost is a 'precious life' lost... I wasn't thinking about the Bill of Rights 'AT ALL' when I made those decisions... Roll Eyes

Holy shit. I tell you what, Murphy is a tyrant's tyrant. A true autocrat. I hate that man. I truly hate him. His mission in life is to tread on liberties. I wouldn't say that about governors like Cuomo or Newsom; they certainly suck, but Murphy is particularly loathsome.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
China Impressed By Michigan Governor's Totalitarian Policies
BEIJING—In a candid speech Tuesday, President Xi Jinping stated he was "pretty impressed" by Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer's handling of the coronavirus outbreak, specifically praising her totalitarian policies
Babylon Bee Link

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Michigan

https://www.washingtonexaminer...s-stay-at-home-order

'Operation Gridlock': Thousands gather at Michigan Capitol to protest Democrat governor's stay-at-home order

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Michigan

https://www.washingtonexaminer...s-stay-at-home-order

'Operation Gridlock': Thousands gather at Michigan Capitol to protest Democrat governor's stay-at-home order

Ahh....aren't we supposed to be turning over cars, burning the CVS down and flinging poop at the police?

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Cuomo:

“Total hospitalizations clicked down. Still in the 18 thousands, but it clicked down. Good news,”

Total hospitalizations declined from a peak of 18,825 on Sunday
to 18,697 on Monday
to 18,335 on Tuesday

“ICU admissions are down. That’s good news. Intubations are down. That’s very good news,” Cuomo added.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...irus-pandemic-began/

Posts: 19575 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I have been dismissing the thought of the Wuhan lab as being the source as either no way to prove or tin foil hat conspiracy theory. If Mike Pompeo is going to sit down for an interview regarding it, that moves my meter to possible or probable. Holy shit if China fucked up this bad, and we have evidence, the world better smack the shit out of their knuckles with a ruler.

Pompeo rips China in response to Wuhan lab report: Beijing 'needs to come clean and needs to be accountable'

Video of 11 minute interview in link.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I'm ready to be wrong if clear evidence surfaces.

Seems to be leaning that way, too. Interesting developments.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Iran’s General Salami unveils world’s first magnetic bipolar coronavirus detector...

Image of the first test of the device

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:
Iran’s General Salami unveils world’s first magnetic bipolar coronavirus detector

I got mine from Popeil brothers for $19.95 , they tossed in a Pocket Fisherman.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The French tested 1767 people in their CDG carrier group.

Only 2/3 of the results have been returned so far.

And 688 of the first 2/3rds tested positive, most from the carrier itself.

31 have been hospitalized thus far.

That's a high rate of infection. will be interesting to see how they fare, ultimately.

I wish them all the best, obviously. Cramped quarters would suck right now.

Reuters

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...a-compete-us-sources

Sources believe coronavirus originated in Wuhan lab as part of China's efforts to compete with US

There is increasing confidence that COVID-19 likely originated in a Wuhan laboratory not as a bioweapon, but as part of China's effort to demonstrate that its efforts to identify and combat viruses are equal to or greater than the capabilities of the United States, multiple sources who have been briefed on the details of early actions by China's government and seen relevant materials tell Fox News.

This may be the "costliest government coverup of all time," one of the sources said.

The sources believe the initial transmission of the virus was bat-to-human, and that "patient zero" worked at the laboratory, then went into the population in Wuhan.

The “increasing confidence” comes from classified and open-source documents and evidence, the sources said. Fox News has requested to see the evidence directly.

Asked by Fox News' John Roberts about the reporting, President Trump remarked at Wednesday's coronavirus press briefing, "More and more we're hearing the story...we are doing a very thorough examination of this horrible situation."

Documents detail early efforts by doctors at the lab and early efforts at containment. The Wuhan wet market initially identified as a possible point of origin never sold bats, and the sources tell Fox News that blaming the wet market was an effort by China to deflect blame from the laboratory, along with the country's propaganda efforts targeting the U.S. and Italy.

U.S. Embassy officials warned in January 2018 about inadequate safety at the Wuhan Institute of Virology lab and passed on information about scientists conducting risky research on coronavirus from bats, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

Responding to the report, Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Tuesday afternoon: "It should be no surprise to you that we have taken a keen interest in that and we've had a lot of intelligence take a hard look at that. I would just say at this point, it's inconclusive, although the weight of evidence seems to indicate natural, but we don't know for certain."

“Even today, I see them withholding information and I think we need to do more to continue to press them to share,” Secretary of Defense Mark Esper told “America’s Newsroom" on Wednesday, referring to China. Esper added that he wouldn't speak to "intelligence reporting," but that "most people believe it began naturally -- it was organic, if you will. I think in due course, once we get through the pandemic we're in right now, there'll be time to look back and really ascertain what happened and make sure we have a better understanding so we can prevent this in the future."

Speaking to "The Story" Wednesday evening, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo remarked: "What we do know is we know that this virus originated in Wuhan, China. We know there is the Wuhan Institute of Virology just a handful of miles away from where the wet market was. There is still lots to learn. You should know that the United States government is working diligently to figure it out."

Concerning the State Department cables warning about the Wuhan laboratory, Pompeo said the installation "contained highly contagious materials -- we knew that, we knew that they were working on this program, many countries have programs like this. In countries that are open and transparent, they have the ability to control them and keep them safe, and they allow outside observers in to make sure all the processes and procedures are right. I only wish that that had happened in this place."

Americans were originally helping train the Chinese in a program called PREVENT well before the Chinese started working on this virus. The French government helped the Chinese set up the Wuhan lab.

China "100 percent" suppressed data and changed data, the sources tell Fox News. Samples were destroyed, contaminated areas scrubbed, some early reports erased, and academic articles stifled.

There were doctors and journalists who were "disappeared" warning of the spread of the virus and its contagious nature and human to human transmission. China moved quickly to shut down travel domestically from Wuhan to the rest of China, but did not stop international flights from Wuhan.

Additionally, the sources tell Fox News the World Health Organization (WHO) was complicit from the beginning in helping China cover its tracks.

Trump announced at the White House coronavirus news briefing in the Rose Garden on Tuesday that the United States will immediately halt all funding for the WHO, saying it had put "political correctness over lifesaving measures." The United States is the WHO's largest single donor, and the State Department had previously planned to provide the agency $893 million in the current two-year funding period.

Senior administrations separately tell Fox News the rollout of the president’s “blueprint for re-opening the U.S. economy” will happen Thursday afternoon, first for governors and then briefed to the press.

Meanwhile, Trump's own handling of the crisis has come into focus. On January 24, for example, Trump tweeted in praise of China’s “transparency" on coronavirus.

Though they were not speaking for the president, the sources ventured an explanation, saying it was diplomatic talk to make the Chinese "feel good". while the investigation was ongoing, with trade and other talks happening simultaneously.

In the six days after top Chinese officials secretly determined they likely were facing a pandemic from a new coronavirus, the city of Wuhan at the epicenter of the disease hosted a mass banquet for tens of thousands of people; millions began traveling through for Lunar New Year celebrations.

President Xi Jinping warned the public on the seventh day, Jan. 20. But by that time, more than 3,000 people had been infected during almost a week of public silence, according to internal documents obtained by The Associated Press and expert estimates based on retrospective infection data.

“This is tremendous,” said Zuo-Feng Zhang, an epidemiologist at the University of California, Los Angeles. “If they took action six days earlier, there would have been much fewer patients and medical facilities would have been sufficient. We might have avoided the collapse of Wuhan’s medical system.”

Posts: 19575 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking it was someone in the lab at Wuhan was careless with a sample. Then was lax as far as doing any decontamination and went to get lunch in the wet market.

But the worst part of what the Chinese (with the help of the WHO) did was cover up the data. Early on in this I remember seeing someone on one of the talking head shows say the Chinese data was unreliable. And that once this was over we'd find out in Wuhan the real death toll would be somewhere around 43,000 rather than the 3,000 they were reporting.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
China clamped down on local travel while still allowing international. Plus, theirs is the only economy projecting growth now.

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:
Did you see the reports today that Pritzker is doing a backdoor deal directly with China to spend 174 million dollars for PPE (not including ventilators)? $174M!! For masks, gowns, gloves, eye protection. Including 2 chartered flights of around $900,000 each. Fucking incredible. Our state is BROKE and he spends this much money on these things. Sure they’re needed...but he’s being taken to the woodshed by China. Asshole.

That invoice is already on Trump's desk.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
But the worst part of what the Chinese (with the help of the WHO) did was cover up the data.

We are not much better given what the CDC and hospitals are doing, fluffing our "died from the virus" numbers and not even trying to hide it. We are just compounding the problem. But China had it's own political reasons for doing what it did and so do we so it's all good. As someone once said "What difference does it make at this point"?

Knowing what we know now why anyone would want to chase these numbers being put out either by the Chinese or our own is pointless imo.

And now these numbers will be used in the future to compare what other virus's might be. Ooh this one is going to be worse than the Covid 19! Well how bad was the Covid 19? We'll never really know. But it will serve it's purpose for future tyrants because this isn't the last lock down we will see. And every lock down from now on is going to be harsher and longer than the one before it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never fully believed that this thing came from some guy eating bat soup or something, and the more we know of China's actions I have no trouble believing this was developed in a lab and released either accidentally or maybe even purposefully. Our government knows more about this than they are letting on.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
I have no trouble believing this was developed in a lab and released either accidentally or maybe even purposefully.

..and spread by 5G? Wink

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:

The meter needle indicator ranges from manic to depressive.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post