SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^ Obviously all of this went completely over your head.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

Well brother, explain it to me. Tell me exactly how a subordinate’s biased & limited perspective from a given department on a given floor of a given institution has any credence in regards to describing the broader issues in other communities scattered across the country.

I understand the temptation to blindly extrapolate, but seriously?

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I'd trust her perspective on this virus over the PhD technocrats on TV any day of the week.

Every day and twice on Sunday, with the proviso that it may be a local view only. It may not, she may talk with compadres in other areas.

I wouldn't trust the Faucis of the world to actually know what is going on or to consider reality rather than the agenda they are trying to push.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
Seek and you shall find. Keep testing and the cases will go up.

Maybe the tests are suspect? Tanzania

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FHHM213:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

Well brother, explain it to me. Tell me exactly how a subordinate’s biased & limited perspective from a given department on a given floor of a given institution has any credence in regards to describing the broader issues in other communities scattered across the country.

I understand the temptation to blindly extrapolate, but seriously?

What exactly is your professional and educational experience(s) which provides you the position to evaluate the credibility, or lack thereof, of someone else, from nothing more than an anecdotal missive posted on a public forum?

Or, Reader's Digest version. Pot meet kettle.

I'll take an altruistic person's POV and opinion, who works in a specific field who does not posture any agenda, over the types of "experts" that consistently and continually seek to gain ground and drive agenda, that encroaches upon the freedoms of the people in this nation every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

We the People... are being gamed. To the point that I will stand with anyone that tosses the bullshit flag on the shenanigans, and then wait for the play to be reviewed. Well before I will trust one word that falls from the mouth of anyone that supports those who are gaming the people.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
...but 989 new cases in Orange County . That's a big jump.
Positive tests. No real indication at all if a majority of people are actually getting sick. The death rate continues to drop, and again, according to two doctors I live in the same neighborhood with, the local hospitals are no were near capacity. As someone else who chews on stats daily, I view all the current BS as a knee jerk before any real increase in hospitalizations or death rates has appeared to justify any policy changes. But hell, we've been in knee jerk mode from the beginning of this ridiculous bug, so why change now? And as I've mentioned a couple times here, when you have a retard as county mayor I guess I shouldn't be surprised when he offers retarded/illiterate dictates.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
...but 989 new cases in Orange County . That's a big jump.
...As someone else who chews on stats daily, I view all the current BS as a knee jerk before any real increase in hospitalizations or death rates has appeared to justify any policy changes. ... retarded/illiterate dictates.

Some stats on Florida Hospitalizations for COVID: (Source data)

Average daily hospitalizations May 2 - June 27 = 150 per day
Average daily hospitalizations past 10 days = 176 per day
Average daily hospitalizations past 5 days = 184 per day
Daily hospitalizations yesterday = 151

There is a slight tick up over the past 10 days in hospitalizations in Florida but it is not anywhere near the exponential positive cases growth of the positive case numbers. My take away on this is that the vulnerable in Florida are still being very well protected and isolated. Younger healthy people are infecting one another at a high rate and are not being hospitalized.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1736 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok
I will admit it,
I was totally wrong

I said earlier that it ( covid) would not be taken seriously,
untill
The death toll reached 1.4 million people.

I waited until now to
" They say "
that the toll is now
2.7 million dead.

But I don't think that ,that count can be totally accurate.

It might very well be up to
300,000 off,
One way or the other

But I still think that most Americans
could make a considerable difference,
If they chose to make

Some other choices.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Mr. bendable...I know you got a new watch or something that you're using to post. But I have to tell you, the formatting is horrible! Is there ANY way for you to change it or use something else to post? Sorry to be the turd in the swimming pool...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Mr. bendable...I know you got a new watch or something that you're using to post. But I have to tell you, the formatting is horrible! Is there ANY way for you to change it or use something else to post? Sorry to be the turd in the swimming pool...

You mean.

Stream of consciousness posting.
Is not a good thing?

Well then. Dave my neighbor this so.

What do you think.
?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mr. bendable....

You must be new here erj. Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mr. bendable...I know you got a new watch or something that you're using to post.

I thought bendable was posting in haiku.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I don't know if the Woo Flu would get me if I went in to buy a soda...

You would probably be just fine. But people in Florida are getting concerned.

A month ago, on 5/27, there were just 379 new cases reported in all of Florida. Today, there are 9592 new cases in Florida. Granted, most of them are in the 3 counties around Miami in the southern part of Florida, but 989 new cases in Orange County . That's a big jump.

I live in a smaller Miami town on the SE coast south of Downtown Miami. We have a small population of 45,000. As of today, we have 2 reported cases of positive COVID 19 here. I asked my sister the other day if she even knew anybody that has tested positive, she hasn't. And the own a Travel Agency on US1 in the town of Pincrest. I'm not too sure of these other 3 counties but we're ok so far here. I'm located between Homestead and Kendal and Downtown Miami to the north. Folks are pretty much carrying on with their lives here.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was looking at the current numbers here in NC. We all know the numbers are inflated but for sake of argument let's assume they are right.
60,573 confirmed cases
36,921 presumed recovered
888 in hospital
1318 deaths
all this is out of 10.5 million population.
Just considering the confirmed cases minus recoveries that leave a difference 23,652 so how many of these actually are ill? Even subtracting the number in hospital that leaves a huge number of people so wouldn't it be helpful to know how many are not actually ill to get a better idea of what measure are really needed?

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey bendable. Your postings are fine with me. I have no trouble following you.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Positive tests. No real indication at all if a majority of people are actually getting sick. The death rate continues to drop, and again, according to two doctors I live in the same neighborhood with, the local hospitals are no were near capacity. As someone else who chews on stats daily, I view all the current BS as a knee jerk before any real increase in hospitalizations or death rates has appeared to justify any policy changes.

Right you are, bigdeal.
Even though the numbers are going up, the death rate continues to drop. A sign of herd immunity developing.
Good news!

quote:
Folks are pretty much carrying on with their lives here.

More Good news!

All of these elements are evaporating: the increasing incidence of the coronavirus is practically irrelevant since the fatality rate has declined by about 80 percent. Over 90 percent of those who contract the illness have minimal or no symptoms and each such person becomes a barrier to the spread of the virus, as those who have had it and have recovered are much more resistant to it thereafter. This phenomenon is known inelegantly as “herd immunity”: once the virus has gone through society, that society is substantially invulnerable apart from those with diminished immunities.

The increasing incidence of COVID-19 cases has been amplified in the anti-Trump media. The president, who was so reviled for inability to test competitively with other countries in March, has produced a regime in which an incomparable total of about 30 million Americans have now been tested.

The Democrats Indulge in a Death Wish

Maybe voters should grant their wish.
By Conrad Black
https://amgreatness.com/2020/0...lge-in-a-death-wish/

On Saturday, Johns Hopkins University said the total number of cases in the country had risen to 2,505,593.

While some of the rise was down to more extensive testing, the rate of positive tests in some areas is also increasing.

Health officials estimate the true number of cases is likely to be 10 times higher than the confirmed total. The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) said up to 20 million Americans may have been infected.

The surge in cases was being driven by young people - those aged between 18 and 34 - testing positive, especially in the south and west of the US, said the head of the CDC, Dr Robert Redfield.

Again, the young people appear to be able to handle it pretty well. Perhaps the strain is weakening. It's the old and the immuno-compromised who should be sheltered. The rest of us should get on with life.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What’s up with the emergency alert to stay home in Bexar county Texas?

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Show me the post at 7:46,
They way
You would format it

In your perfect world, please

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's something to consider when the MSM is screaming about the number of cases:

In recent days, the US has performed roughly 600,000 tests PER DAY

One month ago, it was 400,000

Two months ago, 200,000

Three months ago, 100,000

You think that might have some impact on the "spike"?

https://covidtracking.com/data/us-daily

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post