SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I'd even be surprised is someone I knew directly catches it.

You do

quote:
I would be doubly surprised if it was any worse than catching the flu in any given year.

It is much worst...I was half a step away from going into ICU

Glad you didn’t get closer than that. I hope that you’re feeling much better.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You do

i don’t mind being wrong. usually it means i’ve learned something new. but i’m sad to be wrong here. i am surprised though. i hope you’re doing okay now.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know several people who went to the ICU the winter of 09-10 with H1N1.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife reads the community Facebook sites and she said that the Karen's are begging the mayor to require masks for everyone. They see the fear in the eyes of grocery store employees, everyone is terrified and still...selfish people won't wear masks. Arghh, they're so angry that that not everyone is living in fear.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^ Like I’ve said many times, people being led by their emotions instead of logic and can’t tell the difference.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3956 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
i don’t mind being wrong. usually it means i’ve learned something new. but i’m sad to be wrong here. i am surprised though. i hope you’re doing okay now.

After 3 weeks in a hospital and a month getting my O2 levels back up, I'm doing okay. Don't quite have my speed or endurance back for competition yet...having major matches delayed worked out well for me.

Just talked to a creditable source this morning and feel pretty lucky I got the early form (Asian strain). I guess local hospital beds are filling up and they are seriously looking at opening the emergency backup facility at the sports arena

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why we can't talk about all things corona in one thread?
Soon we will have 50 separate threads on states mandating masks... Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23949 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Talked to a nurse this morning. The issue isn't the lack of ICU or regular hospital beds...it's the lack of hospital staffing. But the media won't tell us any of that...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Talked to a nurse this morning. The issue isn't the lack of ICU or regular hospital beds...it's the lack of hospital staffing. But the media won't tell us any of that...

Now that’s one broadly-educated nurse! She’s trained in nursey stuff, all while using her PhD in public health to actively research the impact of C19 at the national level.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Well, as of today I couldn't walk into the local Race Trac to buy a soda without having a mask on. Place looked like a ghost town at 12 noon. I don't know if the Woo Flu would get me if I went in to buy a soda (as I do about five times a week), but I'm certain it's going to speed the closure of more and more local businesses as King Retard finger paints in his downtown office trying to come up with his next way to F-over Orange County.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FHHM213:
quote:

Now that’s one broadly-educated nurse! She’s trained in nursey stuff, all while using her PhD in public health to actively research the impact of C19 at the national level.

I'd trust her perspective on this virus over the PhD technocrats on TV any day of the week.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im a visual person.I ran across this.Will be interesting to see this weeks "surge" added.
https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/COVIDNet/COVID19_5.html

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Businesses in NC are terrified of being fined by Cooper and the Commies. I left NC today (vacation) and before I hit the road I topped off the gas tank of the truck. Went inside to piss and get a drink. Some busybody witch pointed at me OUTSIDE and said, “Get your mask on!” Inside I was barely a few strides in when an employee started harassing me. I said, “Medical” and went to the bathroom. The cashier was going to refuse to sell me a drink if I didn’t wear a mask. I calmly explained that I’d be willing to wear one if she took personal responsibility for the lawsuit after I passed out, fell and hit my head. Freakin sheep!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why is this important? Because in all likelihood, the actual Wuhan fatality rate is not much different from a relatively virulent seasonal flu.

The mortality rate may or may not be worse than flu.....I don't know. But, it's obviously lower than we are always told. We have been lied to constantly and it's been proven that numbers are inflated and deaths by almost any cause is being listed as a virus death and all for the $$$.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My ex wife was a RN. I can’t tell you how many times she needed to correct doctors on what medications were administered patients.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3956 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
And YOUR credentials are what, exactly?? Just askin'...

Please excuse me while I wait for your answer...I'm gonna go put up a chain-link fence to keep the mosquitoes outta my yard.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know if the Woo Flu would get me if I went in to buy a soda...

You would probably be just fine. But people in Florida are getting concerned.

A month ago, on 5/27, there were just 379 new cases reported in all of Florida. Today, there are 9592 new cases in Florida. Granted, most of them are in the 3 counties around Miami in the southern part of Florida, but 989 new cases in Orange County . That's a big jump.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23949 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Yes, and the majority of those cases are in the under 50 crowd that has been shown to be particularly resilent to the Vid. Wait until schools open up and see the explosion of new cases in the 0-14 crowd.

Posts: 10828 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You do

quote:
I would be doubly surprised if it was any worse than catching the flu in any given year.

It is much worst...I was half a step away from going into ICU

I threw up a flag for GA Gator a week ago, he’s not checked in a month after his last post about the effects of COVID-19 on him. No email in his profile or I would have asked him directly. Confused

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12351 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
quote:

My ex wife was a RN. I can’t tell you how many times she needed to correct doctors on what medications were administered patients.

Even if so (and if so, your wife should report the gross negligence of the docs), how is that relevant to being knowledgeable of the big-picture view of her hospital’s operation, much less the same in regards to all institutions across the country?

No disrespect to your wife but the original comment sounded too much like a 16-yr-old boy expressing his interpretation of law based on some second-hand anecdotal rumor started by his dipshit friend.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post