SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I went to Home Depot yesterday, and everyone that I saw was wearing a mask. The left wing dimwit of a mayor got the law passed that all are required to wear one. Once out of the store, my mask went in my hip pocket.

The "cattle chute setup" out front was gone and one doesn't have to get in line.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The local Republican organization for my part of the County had our big fund raiser dinner last night. About 150 people in the same room, eating together. I did not wear a mask; no one at my table wore a mask. Only a few people other than the servers wore masks.
I'll let you know in a couple of weeks if I have the Big Kahuna virus. By the way, I sat at a table with our Attorney General, Eric Schmitt, yes the one who is suing China over all of this.

Missouri attorney general sues China over coronavirus pandemic
https://www.news-leader.com/st...pandemic/2998884001/

What I don't get is why it's OK in St. Louis County for banquet centers to re-open indoors, for over 100 people, in a confined space... all breathing the same air.
BUT it's NOT OK to have our picnic at a St. Louis County park unless it's for under 50 people. The picnic would be outdoors, not in a confined space... with plenty of fresh air. That was just cancelled.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23932 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the governor just closed all gyms, restaurants and public pools for another 30 days...

and the hits just keep coming

Posts: 53076 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They’re just making shit up as they go.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
the governor just closed all gyms, restaurants and public pools for another 30 days...

and the hits just keep coming

Ducey is a lame duck governor. He's turning into a John Roberts as his term goes on. He started out strong but is becoming a disappointment.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
In Massachusetts everyone where's a mask. I have great enjoyment walking through the supermarket with no mask and my Trump shirt on. They all glare at me and I just smile at them. I swear half of them want to pull a off their masks when they see freedom.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12404 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:

quote:
Originally Said by John McClane:

Welcome to the party pal.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fucktardians

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The restrictions will be in place until the elections in November.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
The restrictions will be in place until the elections in November.

Yep, China has another virus warming up in the batters cage.
Democrats are more then willing to play along with the Communist Chinese.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

quote:
Originally Said by John McClane:

Welcome to the party pal.

Who’s John McClane?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The guy with no shoes in Die Hard

Posts: 107237 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^ gotcha Smile

Btw, Tom Hatten (Mountainside Fitness CEO) is defying Ducey’s order.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/...0a-275974326e4c.html

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^ gotcha Smile

Btw, Tom Hatten (Mountainside Fitness CEO) is defying Ducey’s order.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/...0a-275974326e4c.html
You know, as these retarded governors and mayors opt to close down certain businesses, the one question that seems to have eluded the media (probably because of how monumentally stupid these people are) is..."What data do you have that you can provide to us that indicates these particular businesses are actually contributing to the increase in Covid cases, warranting their closure? I'll wait..."

These moronic azzholes are truly making this BS up as they go, and deserve to be sued big time.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Australia update:

In Victoria, we have had a spikey rise in cases.
64 new cases overnight - pales in comparison to my Seattle/WA state, and other states too.

And as a result of the “... unacceptably high rates of community transmission and the unacceptably high rates of new cases” ... 10 suburban hotspots have been locked down again.

The orders will come into force from 11.59pm (AEST) on Wednesday, with residents only allowed to leave their homes for four reasons, including for work or school, for care or care giving, for daily exercise, for food and other essentials.

(source: news.com.au)

Makes for barely reasonable sense ... most of us have this figured out ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

These moronic azzholes are truly making this BS up as they go, and deserve to be sued big time.

Have you seen the new Bogin, Munns and Munns commercial?

For those not local, this is a large personal injury law firm that runs commercials on TV. Last week I saw a new ad; "Was your business closed and suffered a financial loss due to COVID? If so, contact us, we may be able to help?"

It did not explicitly say they were going after the city / county / state government, but that is how I understood it.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well that's cute.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Well that's cute.

OH NOOOOOO! Frown

Posts: 22851 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Did you have a trip planned? My wife, kids, and I were supposed to visit the in laws in France in July. Ain't gonna happen. Probably not this year at all. I know my wife was really looking forward to seeing her friends and family.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
^^^^ Did you have a trip planned? My wife, kids, and I were supposed to visit the in laws in France in July. Ain't gonna happen. Probably not this year at all. I know my wife was really looking forward to seeing her friends and family.

At this point, I would hope most people are hanging up travel for the year. My wife and kids were supposed to go back to Taiwan this summer and we had to cancel that. Fortunately, we were able to do Chinese New Year as this started. I'm just saving the money for next year.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7054 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post