SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I saw where the mental midgets up in Boone are also ordering that. F Cooper and the horse he rode in on!

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is it a law? If not...

Posts: 107237 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Our stumbling, bumbling, retarded county mayor

And now he has made masks mandatory in all indoor public spaces where social distancing cannot be practiced. However, there will be no enforcement or penalties.

I think I might order one of those wrestling masks like Ramius has just for the heck of it.
Went out and grabbed fuel for the truck and dinner for me this afternoon, and saw '1' person wearing a mask. That's right, '1'. Demmings can kiss mine (and apparently a whole lotta others) lily white ass. The man is unquestionably illiterate, and people around here have apparently decided to ignore him. A step in the right direction for Central Florida....

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
He's a fucking idiot. Just a politician even when he somehow got elected orange county sheriff. From what I've been told, that asshole politicized orange county sheriff to a ridiculous level which explains the shit they've seemed to hire recently. Can't wait to leave the orange county area.

Posts: 13041 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I finally noted a couple of things to add to the mask chronicles.

There is one supermarket in my town, the closest in about 30 miles, and they have signs requesting patrons wear masks when shopping. And the staff does there. It’s the only business I frequent locally and my only real source of information about attitudes and practices. Here we have a lot of Hispanics, some of whom were born in the U.S., but it’s hard to know which unless one knows them personally. What seems to be common in any case is that they are most likely to not wear masks as requested. I have also heard that there is a higher infection rate among that group that some have attributed to cultural activity differences. Other than that, the compliance seems to be relatively high here. If I had to guess why, it may be because of the percentage of older people who are concerned about compromised lung function at our altitude.

An exception at the store, though, was an early middle-aged “white” woman without a mask who was wearing a cowboy hat and boots and a SIG P250 in open carry. Open carry isn’t unknown here, but it is uncommon, and she is literally the first and only woman I have seen doing it. I believe she was just passing through town as I don’t believe I’ve ever seen her before—at least not carrying a P250.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47361 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I contracted it this week symptoms began last night. I was tested and it was positive.

This virus is an ass kicker. Fever at 101.7 - 101.5 without tylenol. I am absolutely exhausted. This is easily as bad as the worse flu I have ever had.

I have never lost time before, I am so lethargic I drift off the sleep and drift back to consciousness without realizing I was sleeping. I look at the time and an hour passed, and I didn't realize it.

Anybody heard from GA Gator in the last three weeks? No posts after about this time.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12346 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I was in the local Walmart this afternoon and was surprised at the number of shoppers not wearing masks. Gov. Blackface ordered them worn inside any business a few weeks ago. I asked the cashier about it and she said Walmart didn't care and weren't enforcing the rule.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1853 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gov. Blackface ordered them [masks] worn inside any business a few weeks ago.

Just in the nick of time. Roll Eyes As the cases are starting to subside anyway.

How does one reconcile the wearing of masks when going into a bank? They already tell you to leave off shades and hoodies or whatever could make a disguise.

Posts: 27815 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
How does one reconcile the wearing of masks when going into a bank?

My local bank still doesn’t permit inside transactions except by appointment, but they do ask to show one’s face for identification. When the branch changed hands some years ago, they briefly had “no hats or guns” signs, but that didn’t last long.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47361 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I’m at a park on the lake with my son. There’s a ton of people here, I don’t see anyone wearing a mask. The playground has signs and caution tape around it, but it’s all been knocked down. These people, like myself, seem to be totally over the nonsense.

On the way out here, we stopped at a grocery store and a music store. Lots of masks in the grocery store, and one guy without who was wearing a black t-shirt with an outline of Washington state and a big “Fuck Inslee” on the front and back. He was on his phone so I grabbed my shirt with one hand and pointed at his with the other and gave him a nod and an enthusiastic thumbs up. I think we both needed the grin and laugh it brought us.

The music store had a sign on the door that only two customers could enter at a time and must wear masks. I never see anyone in there, but I guess they’re doing brisk enough business they can afford to lose me at the door. That’s three different places in the last several weeks I didn’t patronize because the signage or being told by an employee I had to wear a mask. I don’t argue, I just leave.

Posts: 17046 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Has anyone noticed someone wearing a mask with no one else around? I did today, a woman driving her car. We were at a 4-way stop so I got a good look and there was no one else in the car not even a baby seat. I don't know if she thought her car had the virus, or she had it and didn't want to spread it to her car?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7035 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see people all the time in their car alone wearing a mask. The other day I saw a guy on a motorcycle in shorts, tee shirt, and you guessed it...a mask. For a couple weeks around here the number of masks seemed to be dropping but the last few days I'm seeing more for some reason. I've also seen them wearing a mask out walking alone on nature trails, etc.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
Has anyone noticed someone wearing a mask with no one else around? I did today, a woman driving her car. We were at a 4-way stop so I got a good look and there was no one else in the car not even a baby seat. I don't know if she thought her car had the virus, or she had it and didn't want to spread it to her car?

Or, she may have been between two close-by stops and didn't want to take it off only to put it on again in a minute or two.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16485 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
Has anyone noticed someone wearing a mask with no one else around?

Today, before I left, I was at the kitchen sink washing my hands and looked out the window. My neighbor was in his back yard, alone, wearing a medical mask. Just sitting in a lawn chair, enjoying the sun.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 17046 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today, before I left, I was at the kitchen sink washing my hands and looked out the window. My neighbor was in his back yard, alone, wearing a medical mask. Just sitting in a lawn chair, enjoying the sun.... Roll Eyes[/QUOTE]

Ironically, the mask may have actually been performing one of the few things it can accomplish - blocking pollen! Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Today, before I left, I was at the kitchen sink washing my hands and looked out the window. My neighbor was in his back yard, alone, wearing a medical mask. Just sitting in a lawn chair, enjoying the sun.... Roll Eyes

There are going to be some interesting tan lines this summer.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6081 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Things that make you go Hmmmmm....

Go to google and search any three digits “new cases”.

Example: 645 new cases

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

a SIG P250 in open carry
This is probably a dumb question. It's not that difficult to tell that a holstered pistol is a SIG, but how in the world can you glance at it and tell that it's a P250? I certainly can't tell one holstered P2xx from another without a fairly close look.

A while ago, I was leaving a restaurant just as an older gentleman was stepping out of his car (I just laughed to myself, calling somebody else "older"). He did not notice that his untucked shirt had ridden up over the grip of his holstered pistol. No open carry here in Florida, other than law enforcement, so as I passed by him I quietly said, "You might want to adjust your shirt, your SIG is showing."

He told me that it was a P220. I knew that it was a SIG, but as far as I was concerned it might have just as easily been a P6, P225, P226, P228, P229, P245,or P250. All I could really see was a grip panel and the hammer area, certainly not enough for me to distinguish which model.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30537 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Things that make you go Hmmmmm....

Go to google and search any three digits “new cases”.

Example: 645 new cases

Because I don't want to do that, maybe someone can just enlighten me about what might happen...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Ok, I need to vent for a moment...I'm pissed. No I'm fucking livid. I'm as angry as I think I've ever been in 25 years. I spent part of this weekend with my parents (both 80+) for Father's Day. Like I imagine most older folks trapped in their homes most of the time right now, my parents have been attached to the TV and hanging on every word these GD liars in the media have been spreading, and they're scared, very scared. My dad, an ex-Navy man, spent part of Saturday telling me how concerned he is I'm out there moving around in public, and how he'd buy me some masks if I didn't have any. My mom, 86 with a serious heart condition has been unable to sleep much of the time, and her doctor is telling her her heart rate and other vitals 'have' to come down or she's going to suffer some more serious health impacts. My request that they turn off the TV, go outside, and sit on the patio was met with a "No, we don't want to take that chance" response. Nothing I tried to tell them about the 'reality' of this virus was accepted.
They're simply too scared. These are good, very normal, people who I'm shocked just how indoctrinated they've become. My mother may not survive this 'crisis', but not because of some stupid bug, but because of the GD garbage media, politicians, and 'expert' liars driving her into the grave. Now I need to go try and mitigate my blood pressure before my eyeballs pop out of my head.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post