SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I'm supposed to be on a plane right now for a family Disney vacation. It's going to be a long time before we can even schedule another. Damn virus.

We had a Disney world vacation planned for back in April for my daughter's birthday. Yeah, no idea when if ever we'll be able to reschedule that. Also supposed to go to France next month. Not likely.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Imagine wearing this mask all day...in the summer. Almost Hannibal Lecter(ish)...

https://www.designboom.com/des...-hearing-04-08-2020/

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, I've gone back to work recently this mask thing is untenable. No way people can actually do it. While working my mask gets soaking wet with sweat, even working indoors (I work at heights and temps are 10+ above the A/C settings)

^^^^^^^^
Does your work require a mask? Even the Governor of Illinois has stated that if you have a legit medical reason you do not have to wear the mask. I am well acquainted with the conditions you must work in.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I have the perfect thing. My custom made, patented mesh mask. $29.99 w/ free shipping. Very breathable and you won't overheat. Guaranteed to do exactly nothing to protect you from the Wuhan, this much I promise you. What it will do though is give the impression that you care. And really, isn't that what truly matters?

Call now. 1-800-THE-BORG

If you silk screened them with:

“Wear your virtue proudly!
1-800-THE-BORG”

You’d really be on to something. Wink

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Imagine wearing this mask all day...in the summer. Almost Hannibal Lecter(ish)...

https://www.designboom.com/des...-hearing-04-08-2020/

I did not realize how much I depend on lip reading. I was working with a young Vietnamese lady and had a terrible time understanding her.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recall another poster mentioning a trip into the western part of N.C and the lack of mask wearers. I was up there last week and noticed the same thing, although the workers were wearing them at restaurant I had lunch at. Here in the piedmont area, mask wearing is more prevalent but I would say it has declined.
We keep hearing from our idiot governor how cases have risen but pretty much ignores the huge increase in testing as well. They never give us any info on the numbers who may have the Chinese virus but with no symptoms or problems.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I see maybe 40% of people wearing masks with them tucked under their chin, nose, it so loose they are absolutely pointless.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm supposed to be on a plane right now for a family Disney vacation. It's going to be a long time before we can even schedule another. Damn virus.

I feel your pain as well. My wife, daughter and I were supposed to be taking our first airplane vacation in April. We were going to Key Largo and I was going to be doing some wreck diving. Stupid Covid. I really needed that vacation and not getting away has really messed with my head. Couple that with how busy we’ve been in the Law Enforcement world, and I’m really not very fun to be around anymore. I’m like a raw nerve all the time, these last 2 weeks in particular. I’ve only been able to use one day of leave this year and it’s wearing pretty thin.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Many of us are going through this. I saved my vacation time for 18 months for a trip to Maui to surf that was supposed to happen in April. I was going for 11 days. Didn’t take a fucking day off for a year and a half to do it. Had to cancel. They aren’t even allowing tourists, and it’s look into like July 31st before they do. I rescheduled for October but I’m not optimistic.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Guess there’s quite a few of us in the screwed up vacation club. I don’t get much vacation time either. If I need to go to the doctor I work extra to cover the time so I can actually save the vacation day. We planned for more than a year to take our niece for her graduation present. Now it will be a year or more before we can reschedule. Very irritable as well and now my time off (outside of working hours - not vacation) is being spent doing home maintenance and improvement.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now Beijing has new targeted lockdowns and domestic travel limitations due to an outbreak from a food market.

"On Monday, authorities announced 49 new cases, 36 of which were linked to the Xinfadi seafood supermarket in Beijing’s southern Fengtai district. The wholesale market was closed on Saturday after it was identified as being at the centre of a new cluster of cases.

As of Monday, a total of 21 residential communities, housing about 90,000 people, near Xinfadi as well as a second seafood market in Haidian district, where cases linked to Xinfadi were also confirmed, had been closed off. Residents have been ordered to quarantine at home and undergo tests for the virus.

Beijing, which had previously gone 55 days in which the only new infections were citizens returning from other countries, has reported a total of 79 cases in the past four days. The first case in the new outbreak was discovered on Thursday after a 52-year old man surnamed Tang was confirmed to have the virus. On Friday, authorities reported another six cases – all of them, including Tang, linked to the Xinfadi market.

On Sunday, Beijing ordered all companies to vet their employees and require any who visited the Xinfadi market or had contact with those at the market to quarantine at home for 14 days. Authorities said on Sunday that more than 70,000 people were tested – 59 of whom tested positive for the virus.

After traces of the virus were found on chopping boards used for imported salmon, shops across the city have pulled salmon from their shelves. Fish farmers Norway Royal Salmon and Bakkafrost told Reuters China had stopped imports of salmon.

The closure of the Xinfadi market – a sprawling complex for sales of meat and produce as well as seafood that supplies as much as 80% of the city’s produce, according to state media – has raised concerns about food shortages. On Monday, officials pledged to increase supplies to keep prices and stocks stable.

Researchers said they were still investigating the origins of the new outbreak, with some suggesting it had come from overseas. “It is found that the virus came from Europe and the preliminary assessment is that the virus came from overseas,” said Yang Peng, an epidemiologist with the Beijing city government."

https://www.theguardian.com/wo...rus-outbreak-spreads

Isn't it amazing? Yet another outbreak from an open air food market, and you know, it came from Europe. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Nothing but lies out of China.

Yeah, right - the virus came from Europe.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Nothing but lies out of China.

Yeah, right - the virus came from Europe.

ChiComs been lying from the git-go.

Democrats aided and abetted these lies, continue to do so today.

Anyone that votes democrat is a party to the lies and deceit. NEVER FORGET THAT!! A couple of months ago perhaps ignorance could have been forgiven....NO MORE.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
After traces of the virus were found on chopping boards used for imported salmon

I'm sure nothing but "imported" salmon has ever been cut up on those boards and they have been properly sanitized before and after each use.... Roll Eyes

I can't even begin to imagine how disgustingly filthy and germ-ridden those things are. Eek

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Donald Trump Jr (Junior) tweet:

Dem run NYC is instructing contact tracers to not ask people if they joined protests/riots bc they don’t want any stats/evidence proving protests led to a corona spike.

Much easier for them to blame biz owners & church goers.

Manipulative Dem hacks!

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So I am starting to embrace this mask thing. Would it be horrible if I got a red one and starting yelling COOOOBBBRRRRAAAAAA!!!! Everywhere I went. I mean shit might as well make some lemonade. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
And Jr isn't manipulative?
Did he post any evidence with his tweet?

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Dem run NYC is instructing contact tracers to not ask people if they joined protests/riots bc they don’t want any stats/evidence proving protests led to a corona spike.

Manipulative Dem hacks!

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Surefire:

Is this good enough???? https://www.thecity.nyc/corona...id-fears-of-new-wave

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Surefire:

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Manipulative Dem hacks!

Lots of evidence, even a statement from NYC City Hall confirming this:

The hundreds of contact tracing workers hired by the city under de Blasio’s new “test and trace” campaign have been instructed not to ask anyone who’s tested positive for COVID-19 whether they recently attended a demonstration, City Hall confirmed to THE CITY. “No person will be asked proactively if they attended a protest,” Avery Cohen, a spokesperson for de Blasio, wrote in an emailed response to questions by THE CITY.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably because it's being well reported by various news outlets. Just a couple examples -

DuckDuckGo search:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ny+n...test&atb=v1-1&ia=web

NY Post (from above search):
https://nypost.com/2020/06/15/...s-attended-protests/

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post