SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Starting to get a warm feeling that all this mandate B.S. is going to blow up in Biden’s face.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kind of like the British forcing a tea tax on the colonists. Real Americans don't like to be forced into anything.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
…additional authorities, since right now we can't force our employees to be vaccinated.”

What does this mean? Can employers force employees or not?

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:
…additional authorities, since right now we can't force our employees to be vaccinated.”

What does this mean? Can employers force employees or not?

Not if they're union.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
How are things down under?

We’ve given up too much here in the USA already with regard to the 2A.
It sucks that Australia is inhabited by so many drones. There are good people there who don’t deserve to live like that.

Yeah, a surprise to me, being gone for twenty years, and what has changed.
There's complacency, then there's Australians.

Aside from the minor Eureka civil uprising of 1854, there's not been much of that.

The extreme legislation here, imposed on gun owners, is a lengthy diatribe and more than worthy of a separate post.
Maybe other forum members here in Aus would partake of the opportunity to express.

What we take for granted in the US, is often missing here. Castle doctrine? Not here.

Anyway, back to this post ... there is clearly a definition being allowed, for the 'us and them' disparity.
Don't have the single or double vaccination, you can't enjoy these freedoms.

Only have the single, these are your freedoms.
Have the double, great enjoy more freedoms.
No vaccinations, you will be vilified, no freedoms for you.

And by freedoms, I mean places and venues to go to. Where to travel. Even to the point of the Christmas BBQ gathering with family and friends.

I don't live in fear when out in public.
You want to converse about this pandemic, great.
You want to have go at me because I'm doing/not doing something that only you have an issue with? Well, what follows will be a conversation that at least one of is not going to enjoy.

And Victoria, wow is this so a nanny state.

People are getting fed up. Not enough though.

But you know, thanks to Para and to the members of this outstanding forum, for reading my occasional sandboxing, wobbling, and frustrations; and in turn, expressing your thoughts and view for me in turn to enjoy.

A further update on yesterday's protests soon.

For now, it's the AFL Grand Final day.
Bulldogs v the Demons (Footscray v Melbourne).
Meat pies and sausages to heat and serve. Beer.
Some for real yelling at the telly.

Peace out.

</chris>

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Granddaughter works in a local Hospital that takes the latest Covid Delta sick.She told us the three people getting the Delta variant are, not vaccinated, obese, and diabetic. Which means Americans get vaccinated,lose weight, cut out sugar and carbs.And 95% getting Delta are not Vaccinated.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
people getting the Delta variant

How do they know?

Just a month or so ago the testing couldn't even tell the difference between the flu and covid. Now they have something that tells them which strain they have?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
Our Granddaughter works in a local Hospital that takes the latest Covid Delta sick.She told us the three people getting the Delta variant are, not vaccinated, obese, and diabetic. Which means Americans get vaccinated,lose weight, cut out sugar and carbs.And 95% getting Delta are not Vaccinated.

But what you havent told us is how many total have covid only that 3 unvaccinated have and how did you come up with 95%

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Australia update: Melbourne, Victoria.

Day 5 of the ummm protest. 215 arrested.
It's fizzling out. No longer about the tradies protesting the mandatory vaccination.

It's now apparent that the anti "what-have-you-got", have taken over. They have a leader too.

Gah.

Don't need any leaders.
Just people to step up, en masse.

Even the MSM have lost interest, no more click bait headlining stories.

The State's health officer narrative now, is back to single dose, and double dose percentages.

Because that's the path to freedoms.

For those who have the double dose. Or single.
If you have neither, then devisively, you're not in The Club. No soup for you. No pubs or dining venues. Or travel.

Today, another gathering expected. Somewhere. No-one knows where.

I think the fat lady is singing.

</chris>

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Norway Official: COVID-19 Can Now Be Compared to the Flu as Country Removes Pandemic Restrictions

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...2FaTrukjjeDrc13ocsid

Norway will end all COVID-19-related restrictions starting Saturday, Sept. 25, the government announced, joining a growing list of countries and states that have removed pandemic curbs.

“It is 561 days since we introduced the toughest measures in Norway in peacetime … Now the time has come to return to a normal daily life,” Prime Minister Erna Solberg told a news conference on Friday.

The virus can now be considered as one of several respiratory illnesses with seasonal variation, said Geir Bukholm, the assistant director for the Norwegian Institute of Public Health, according to local media. In Norway, COVID-19 has been classified as a generally dangerous disease, but the official classification could change soon, he said.

“We are now in a new phase where we must look at the coronavirus as one of several respiratory diseases with seasonal variation,” Bukholm told news outlet VG, referring to the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus.

“This is because the vast majority of those at risk are protected,” Bukholm said, referring to the country’s vaccination campaign.

Norway will no longer require businesses to implement social distancing measures, and it will also allow sports and cultural venues as well as restaurants to use their full capacity, the prime minister’s office said. Nightclubs can also reopen under the new guidelines.

“We have lived a long time with strict measures at the borders. This has been important in combating imported infections. When we now move on to a normal everyday life, the government proposes a gradual reduction of the restrictions on entry into the country. This will take place under close supervision,” Minister of Justice and Emergency Management Monica Mæland said in a statement on the government’s website, according to a translation.

The country will also allow restriction-free travel from some countries, namely from European nations, so-called “purple list countries,” and the United Kingdom.

Solberg had so far implemented the first three stages of a four-step plan to remove social and economic restrictions imposed since March of last year, but the final step was postponed several times amid worries over infection rates.

“In short, we can now live as normal,” Solberg said.

The prime minister warned, however, that those who do contract COVID-19 must still go into isolation to avoid spreading the virus. Some restrictions will still apply to those arriving from countries considered to have a high rate of infections, the government said.

Nearby Sweden earlier this month announced it will remove most of its COVID-19 restrictions.

An announcement from the Swedish government on Sept. 7 said that restrictions on public venues such as restaurants, theaters, and stadiums will be removed on Sept. 29.

“The proposal means that any participation restrictions that may be needed for public gatherings and public events with 15,000 or more participants should not apply if the system of vaccination certificates is used,” said the government’s statement. “This means that the organizer shall not be obliged to limit the number of participants in premises and delimited areas or spaces that the organizer has at its disposal if there are restrictions regarding this.”

According to the Norwegian Institute for Public Health, about 67 percent of the population is fully vaccinated.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^
And still, the big lie machine is continuing to ramp up here in the US. It makes it all painfully clear to even the most rabid leftist still grasping at straws in trying to defend this criminal administrations actions- they are lying about the severity of illness, they are lying about the efficacy of vaccines, and they are lying about the usefulness and effectiveness of stupid masks on their faces.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
a few years ago if you were wearing a mask, you were either a criminal or you had something to hide

apparently the situation hasn't changed

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

a few years ago if you were wearing a mask, you were either a criminal or you had something to hide
I had to go into the credit union to get a problem solved.

I remarked to the rep that if I had worn a mask a year or two ago, they would have called the cops, but now they sound the alarm if I try to go in without a mask.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
A study from Saudi Arabia on vitamin D3 supplementation to assist with covid recovery. I've been taking a multi-vitamin and fish oil supplement for years but added 1000 IU of D3 back in January. I work 90% outside so I get sun (when it's out) but I figured a little more would be ok. I go for annual blood work in a few weeks might have them check my vitamin D levels.

Excerpt:

Preliminary trials on the use of vitamin D supplementation against COVID-19 are limited but accumulating. In a pilot study done in Spain, early high dose vitamin D3 prevented ICU admission among COVID-19 patients in combination with the best available standard care for severe cases [31]. In a case-series of COVID-19 patients who received 50,000 IU daily for 5 days, a marked reduction in recovery time and inflammatory markers were observed compared to those who received 1000 IU [32]. A recent quasi-experimental study also showed that among the frail elderly with COVID-19, those who received boluses of 50,000 IU per month or 80,000–100,000 IU per 2–3 months were associated with less severe and improved survival (OR = 0.08 (0.01: 0.81), p = 0.03) [33]. Among the negative trials, a single high dose vitamin D (200,000 IU) given to severe COVID-19 patients (n = 114) did not reduce the hospital stay and severity of outcome compared to the placebo group (n = 118) (Hazard Ratio 1.12) [34]. The trials mentioned have mostly focused on severe cases and mega-doses of vitamin D compared to the present study, which focused on mild cases and lower daily vitamin D doses. In a large-scale meta-analysis conducted involving almost 11,000 participants in 25 clinical trials on the prevention of acute respiratory infections, the protective effects were the greatest among those vitamin D deficient individuals who received daily or weekly doses as opposed to boluses [9]. The dose used in the present study is somewhat similar to a previous RCT, which demonstrated, albeit during a longer term (12 months), that the supplementation of 4000 IU Vitamin D3 prevented acute respiratory infections by as much as 36% (Relative Risk 0.64, 95 % CI 0.43–0.94) based on a cohort of 140 adults with increased risk of acute respiratory infections (>4 infections/year) [35].

Conclusions

In summary, a 2-week oral supplementation of 5000 IU vitamin D3 was superior to 1000 IU in resolving cough and gustatory sensory loss among COVID-19 patients with sub-optimal vitamin D presenting with mild to moderate symptoms. The present findings add to the growing body of evidence on the beneficial effects of vitamin D supplementation against COVID-19, particularly among those with suboptimal levels.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8308273/

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

I had to go into the credit union to get a problem solved.

I remarked to the rep that if I had worn a mask a year or two ago, they would have called the cops, but now they sound the alarm if I try to go in without a mask.

I've said that before as well. Smile

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
My bank had a "no hats", "no sunglasses", "no hoodies", "no face coverings" sign. They have ripped the corner off that displayed the "face coverings".

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was working at the mill in the early 2000s on the swing shift it often would be very cold (as in your soda would freeze solid on your janky forklift soda holder).

Between one of my yard guys walking into the convenience store with his ski mask on and the annual Halloween assholes going in to pick up their last call booze, the owner had a strict No Mask policy.

Now when I'm pulling up my neck gator to go into someplace I wonder if I'll get shot.

Oh, and as a fun note, the local taco shop got robbed once or twice by someone wearing a...........mask. Far as I know, no one has been arrested or identified. Pure gold.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
My bank had a "no hats", "no sunglasses", "no hoodies", "no face coverings" sign. They have ripped the corner off that displayed the "face coverings".
Always thought how ridiculous that sticker and approach is. Yeah, don't worry about the Springfield 45acp in my waistband, let's see that messy hair instead. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
And the Babylon Bee strikes gold again.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

My bank had a "no hats", "no sunglasses", "no hoodies", "no face coverings" sign.
A teller told me -- she didn't ask, she told me to remove my sunglasses. My prescription bifocal sunglasses.

I asked to see her medical license, you know, the one that authorizes her to prescribe corrective lenses. That was the end of that discussion. And, as bigdeal mentioned above, my roscoe was not a problem.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post