SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Not a problem. Perhaps I wasn't clear that it was for emphasis, not disagreement. It's all good. Smile

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
So we're right back to where we were some time ago. We're being lied to, and government is forcing vaccination is support of an agenda we are not fully aware of.

Money.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Question:

If my employer terminates me for not filling our the mandatory vaccine survey, or for not agreeing to test weekly, or for not getting the poke, do I qualify for unemployment? I've been fully employed since December 27th of 1991 and have never had a day within that period that I was without a job, spanning only 3 employers.

Again, just preparing for the worst outcome. I'm prepared either way, but it would be nice to know.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5400 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
If my employer terminates me for not filling our the mandatory vaccine survey, or for not agreeing to test weekly, or for not getting the poke, do I qualify for unemployment?

Yes, if they fire you. Don't resign.

I would answer the survey this way:
I decline to answer as this survey calls for the disclosure of personal medical information which is private between me and my doctor.

They can ask, but you don't have to answer, at least not substantively.

I would also tell them that they should test the vaccinated and unvaccinated equally since many people still get infected after being vaccinated. The vaccine does not prevent contracting or transmitting the virus.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thank you, my friend.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5400 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
If my employer terminates me for not filling our the mandatory vaccine survey, or for not agreeing to test weekly, or for not getting the poke, do I qualify for unemployment?

Yes, if they fire you. Don't resign.

I would answer the survey this way:
I decline to answer as this survey calls for the disclosure of personal medical information which is private between me and my doctor.

They can ask, but you don't have to answer, at least not substantively.

I would also tell them that they should test the vaccinated and unvaccinated equally since many people still get infected after being vaccinated. The vaccine does not prevent contracting or transmitting the virus.

Chellim is correct do not quit do not voluntarily resign. Make them fire you. This is from America's Front Line Doctors.
quote:
DO NOT QUIT YOUR JOB
As the mandates are increasing and the “deadlines” fast approach, YOU SHOULD NOT QUIT YOUR JOB. Do not be fooled if your boss says you must resign. Make your boss fire you and do not sign anything or agree to anything that says otherwise. Do not agree with “voluntary resignation.” If you are fired, you are eligible for unemployment. Anything else and you are not.

If you are fired, you place the costs back on them and you get or you fight for unemployment benefits. Let them experience the burden associated with their choices. Avail yourself of any government dollars that have gone to support those previously unwilling to work. Use all tools and resources you can including the CDC’s unlawful mandate to halt rents, etc. We suspect you ordinarily would not take advantage of these systems, but these are extraordinary times.

In the last 18 months we have watched the Communists in America radically change the definition of simple words in their efforts to strip away our rights. Words such as “vaccine,” “herd immunity,” and “cases” have literally been redefined by the Communists to support this power grab. By changing the traditional definition of just four words, these usurpers were able to create, in the minds of the media and the public, a frightening global emergency. Do not allow these tyrants to crush what remains of your rights. Do not “agree” to be fired.

We are at the “delta” variant. The last variant is totalitarianism.

Stand Strong. You are the Hero you have been waiting for.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Can they get any more obviously lying ?

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...t-intending-to-stay/

The White House conceded Monday they were not requiring border crossers to show proof of vaccination, even though the government requires proof of a vaccine or a negative coronavirus test for other travelers into the United States.

When reporters asked about the apparent double standard on vaccination requirements, White House press secretary Jen Psaki argued that illegal immigrants and migrants crossing the border were not intending to stay in the United States.

They’re not intending to stay here for a lengthy period of time ,” she said, referring to migrants. “I don’t think it’s the same thing. It’s not the same thing.”

xxxxxxxxxxx

so there you go folks. "not the same thing"

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
While taking a brief break from motorcycle riding I had the pleasure of meeting a local police officer and chatted with him for about 15 minutes at a gas station. He expressed frustration with the mask situation and said our local L.E. is not enforcing the mask mandate (neither of us were wearing a mask while chatting).

I acknowledged that the mandate must put him into frustrating no win situations quite often and that it feels good to begin to live normally again. I stopped wearing a mask a while ago. Hearing from him that I don’t have to worry about a $200 fine and would just be asked to leave a shop that demanded I wear a mask was encouraging. I made it abundantly clear that I appreciate the officer and understand his job is damn tough. Hopefully our talk brightened up his day as much as it did mine. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
“I don’t think”. Full stop.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

They’re not intending to stay here for a lengthy period of time ,” she said, referring to migrants. “I don’t think it’s the same thing. It’s not the same thing.”

Boy, oh, boy. I can't wait for the a day of reckoning for these cretins, particularly miss Fire Crotch here. Smug bitch.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
200,000 illegals a month have been entering the U.S. and being shipped all over the country. That are the ones we know about.

Posts: 12683 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Disregard. Wrong thread.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
While taking a brief break from motorcycle riding I had the pleasure of meeting a local police officer and chatted with him for about 15 minutes at a gas station. He expressed frustration with the mask situation and said our local L.E. is not enforcing the mask mandate (neither of us were wearing a mask while chatting).

I acknowledged that the mandate must put him into frustrating no win situations quite often and that it feels good to begin to live normally again.
I stopped wearing a mask a while ago. Hearing from him that I don’t have to worry about a $200 fine and would just be asked to leave a shop that demanded I wear a mask was encouraging. I made it abundantly clear that I appreciate the officer and understand his job is damn tough. Hopefully our talk brightened up his day as much as it did mine. Smile

What is this 'Mask Mandate' you speak of? Where?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Australia update: Melbourne, Victoria.

Well, following yesterday's calamitous meeting outside the CFMEU Union offices ... the State government has shutdown ALL construction for the next two weeks. To allow construction workers more time for the mandatory vaccination public health order, under the State emergency powers.
And further, to suspend the industry, citing high transmission of Covid on construction sites. State "health officials" calculate that 10% of all cases in Victoria are from building site sources. 567 cases yesterday. Well nothing adds up anymore.

The gathering is scheduled for 1000, and is on the Telegram app. "Victorian Workers Rally for Freedom".

(source: Telegram app; and news.com.au)

Uh-huh. $22 billion dollar industry in this state. Half a billion dollars day. Gurgle.

Well, buckle up CFMEU boss John Setka, cause here they come again. Today.

The MSM will be out in force, expecting another chaotic brawl and riot police, hurled projectiles, umbrellas and rubber bullets will be evident.

Setka quoted from a Herald Sun story:
CFMEU boss John Setka, who tried to calm the mob before retreating inside when violence erupted, said he believed the protest had been "hijacked" by "extreme organisations" opposed to Covid restrictions.

"Those drunken, fascist, un-Australian morons are the reason construction workers will be sitting at home and not getting paid for the next two weeks," he said.

Mr Setka told The Hearld Sun the violent protesters were "not really unionists" but "just the scum of the earth".
Setka knows these scum of the earth when he sees them.

Is there a political aspect to this?
Yes. State government is Liberal (center right). Federal government is Labor (center left). And according to the way back machine, Labor was started by a Labor Union boss.

Look, it's great that some are getting the attention where and when warranted.

Soon, there will be a brick wall. Bricks are affected by intense heat. Not the firewall kind I'm well familiar with in Cyber security. But the kind that resist for awhile, before crumbling.

Today. Might be the difference.

</chris>

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Denver Nursing Student Kicked From Program After School Reneged On Religious Exemption For COVID Vaccine

https://thefederalist.com/2021...n-for-covid-vaccine/

A nursing student in Denver was kicked out of the University of Colorado’s medical program after the school reneged on its offer for those enrolled to seek a religious exemption over the institution’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

Caroline Pinto, 27, had just entered her second semester of the nursing program at the university’s Anschutz Medical Campus when administrators began implementing new COVID-19 protocols for students who returned to campus.

Over the summer, “we were all remote, so there wasn’t much talk about COVID or anything like that, or what going back would be like,” Pinto explained, after she began the program in June. As the next semester came closer to putting students back in the classroom, however, things began to change.

On July 7, the school chancellor sent out a message that all students had to be vaccinated by Sept. 1. Several days prior, the university had assured Pinto, who had been proactive in seeking forms for an exemption, that “CU’s process allows exemptions to anyone who requests one for any reason; religious, medical or personal.”

“There is no formal documentation or proof necessary,” the school initially wrote in a July 2 email reviewed by The Federalist. “We trust our students and employees.”

Chancellor Don Elliman’s statement rolling out the vaccine mandate made clear “medical and religious exemptions are available” through a simple form, which students would need to formally file the request.

Two months later, Pinto came to campus as a second-class citizen, forced to follow a strict regimen that included a daily questionnaire and weekly testing in order to maintain enrollment. Pinto was also forced to socially distance at all times both indoors and outdoors, while wearing a mask except for when outside more than 10 feet from others. Pinto complied, and followed up with the school to ensure she remained in good standing with the university.

“I heard I was in compliance,” she told The Federalist, having followed the protocols in place for the unvaccinated. Indeed, in another chain of emails shared with The Federalist, Pinto was assured by the College of Nursing “your religious exemption from the COVID vaccination has been received and you are compliant.”

On Aug. 27 however, Pinto received another email from Fara Bowler, the director of the Clinical Education Center and Simulation for the College of Nursing, that the university’s requirements for a religious exemption had been updated. Bowler sent Pinto a more comprehensive form requiring a detailed explanation of her faith and the reasons behind her refusal to vaccinate against the novel coronavirus. Pinto had three days to submit it, which she did, outlining in more than 800 words her moral and ethical objections to taking the vaccine.

“[Johnson & Johnson] uses abortion-derived cell lines. Cell lines cultured from aborted fetal tissue are used in the development (J&J) and testing (Moderna and Pfizer) of the available vaccines,” she wrote. “As a Christian and pro-life proponent, this strongly conflicts with my beliefs and convictions.”

Pinto also raised concerns over the long-term consequences of the vaccines as someone who is immunocompromised.

“I am immune-suppressed and receive infusions every six weeks. From my research as well as discussion with my doctor,” she explained, “there is no data as to how these vaccines will affect immune-suppressed individuals over time.”

Pinto ended her submission with a list of 14 questions about the coronavirus vaccine. None were answered in the school’s response 10 days later, stating that her request for exemption was denied and alerting her that she had five days to get vaccinated. The school did not offer any reason for the denial beyond citing the American Nurses Association’s absence of endorsement for “philosophical or religious exemptions.”

On Sept. 16, Pinto was dismissed from the nursing program for her refusal to take the vaccine.

In an emailed statement to The Federalist, the University of Colorado did not offer any detailed explanation beyond repeating its policy was aligned with the American Nurses Association.

“We are prevented from discussing any students under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA),” a spokesman wrote. “CU Anschutz strives to be a public health leader in Colorado and beyond and implement campus policies that reflect its values and mission.”

While the university website still maintains religious exemptions may be requested, Pinto’s experience says otherwise. The university did not respond to The Federalist’s inquiry whether the school would still honor exemption requests at all and for whom.

Though she may qualify for a medical exemption given her suppressed immune system, Pinto said she would refuse out of principle, despite having taken a low-paying full-time job and applying twice to get into the nursing program.

“I probably could have groveled and been like ‘well what can I do? How can I get around this?’ But I was like ‘no, this is insane,'” she said. “I can guarantee you if I was a black Muslim, this would not be an issue. But because I’m white and claiming Christianity, that is a problem.”

“If I don’t stand for something in this moment, I feel like I’m denying myself a growth experience, which it may be more painful than I realize once it sets in because I feel like I haven’t really processed it yet,” she added.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
nhraracecraft, It is a city wide mandate in my delightful little neck of the woods. The mandate is being more or less ignored by large portions of the population and even by law enforcement. I wasn’t even aware of it until today. Big Grin My total ban on TV & local news means I am not aware of stuff like that. According to the officer it has not been well received at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sidelined? Hundreds of Navy SEALS told they won't be deployed if they refuse COVID vaccine

https://justthenews.com/govern..._campaign=newsletter

Several hundred elite Navy SEALs are in danger of being blocked from deploying with their special operator teams by the Pentagon after failing to get a mandatory COVID vaccine, according to a lawyer and pastor counseling them.

The number involved in the dispute with the Pentagon amounts to as many as a quarter or more of all active duty SEALs, a loss that could impact military readiness since SEAL teams play an outsized role in modern military operations, their advocates told Just the News. Some SEALS were given a deadline this week for the vaccine and have sought a religious exemption.

"My clients include several Navy SEALs who are a small part of a large group of SEALs and other military members who are being asked to choose between their faith and their ability to serve our nation," said R. Davis Younts, a lieutenant colonel in the Air Force reserves and a JAG lawyer who is representing several of the special operators as a private lawyer. "They have been told that if they seek a religious accommodation, they likely will no longer be able to serve our country as Navy SEALs and been given an arbitrary deadline to comply with the vaccine mandate.

"My clients need time, and we are seeking at least a 90-day extension to vaccine mandate compliance deadline they have been given."

Younts said the Pentagon has put its threat in writing that unvaccinated SEALs, including those who get a religious exemption or already have natural immunity, will be forbidden from deploying with their teams, all but ending their special operator careers. Some were given a deadline of this week, he said.

Pastor Jeff Durbin, a prominent anti-abortion activist and evangelical pastor from Arizona who has been ministering to the special operators for several weeks as they navigated the decision, said between a quarter to a third of all active-duty SEALS are involved in the dispute with the Pentagon, including some who already have COVID-19 immunity because they recovered from the disease.

"There are hundreds of Navy SEALs who have not been vaccinated, do not want to take the vaccine, or who have had and recovered from COVID and have the benefit of natural immunity," Durbin told Just the News. "A large number of SEALS that I am speaking on behalf of are facing the very difficult decision that even with a legitimate religious exemption that is based upon their commitments to Christ, the Gospel, God's Law, and the Constitution, they will no longer be Navy SEALs.

"They are essentially being asked to make a decision between their commitments to the lordship of Christ and their careers as Navy SEALs. Our country should be very concerned about what this would do to military readiness. Losing hundreds of Navy SEALs because of their legitimate and sincerely held Christian beliefs could be devastating to us as a nation."

The Pentagon referred comment to the Navy, which did not immediately respond with a comment. A Navy source would only confirm that Nov. 28 is the deadline for all Navy personnel to get shots.

Tim Parlatore, a lawyer who helped win the acquittal of Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher in the alleged death of an ISIS prisoner, said he has confirmed large numbers of SEALS are declining to get the vaccine right now.

"It's in the hundreds. And it's not the senior leadership. It's all the shooters and it is going to have a huge impact," Parlatore said. "If they continue to with this asinine police you are going to have the complete decimation if the SEAL teams," he said.

Parlatore said the SEALS are not anti-vaccine; in fact they get all sorts of shots. He said they just believe more safety data needs to be be available to make their own judgment. And some already have immunity from surviving the disease, he noted.

Federal health regulators say the vaccine is safe for most Americans, while acknowledging some rare but serious adverse events, such as sudden cardiac disease for younger adults.

It reportedly takes up to $500,000 and a year or more to fully train Navy SEALs, among the most elite and celebrated of the military's special forces. SEALs shouldered a disproportionately heavy load during the war on terror the last two decades, with teams often deploying multiple times to war zones, including black-operations Team Six, which killed Osama bin Laden in 2011.

Younts' and Durbin's accounts were confirmed to Just the News by other lawyers representing special operators as well as several members of the SEAL community, who confirmed large numbers of special operators could be sidelined in the next few days. Most would only talk on background for fear of losing their jobs, but warned of a potential security calamity.

Eric Greitens, a retired Navy SEAL and the former Missouri governor now running for U.S. Senate, said the Pentagon's current position wrongly impacts the nation's defenses and the personal careers of men who have given so much to their nation.

"This is wrong for national security," Greitens said. "The only people who will benefit from destroying the combat capacity of Naval Special Operations are the Taliban, Russia, China and other adversaries around the world. This is also wrong at human level. These warriors have dedicated their lives to the nation, spent their youth and some of them their health defending this nation and now find themselves in trouble for no valid scientific, medical or military rationale. It is clear their out-of-control command is more concerned with political correctness than lethality, and thus is willing to squander national security and personal careers."

Younts, a Pennsylvania-based lawyer, has been involved in defending service members for nearly two decades, and won an award as the top Air Force defense lawyer in the JAG corps. His work and writings have been showcased in the JAG corps official magazine.

Durbin runs the large evangelical Apologia Church in the Phoenix area and is best known for his ardent opposition to abortion. In 2017, he stirred criticism when he suggested abortion be treated the same as murder, which under some state laws is punishable by the death penalty. His position on abortion as a crime, however, got recent support when Pope Francis declared earlier this month that "abortion is murder."

Durbin told Just the News he began ministering to Navy SEALs and other military members in recent weeks as they wrestled with the decision of whether to get the COVID-19 vaccine as mandated by the Pentagon. He said those he has counseled have a religious objection, are unable to speak publicly because of their allegiance to military discipline and know that even if they get a religious exemption they will be ending their SEAL careers if they refuse the shot under the current military position.

"These Navy SEALs are men of faith in Jesus Christ," he said. "They feel as though they are being pushed to a decision between their faith in Christ, their commitments to God's Law, and their desire to love their neighbors and uphold the principle of the preservation of human life versus their careers as Navy SEALs."

He said the SEALs he is ministering to "are the epitome of silent professionals and they do not desire to nor can they speak for themselves."

SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
What is this 'Mask Mandate' you speak of? Where?

Never gets old. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Wonder how these retards would get around the religious exemption issue if people simply claimed they were Christian Science adherents. That religious group supports almost zero personal medical treatment.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post