SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Australia update: Melbourne, Victoria

Day 2 of the construction anti-vaccine mandate.

This time, these protestors went to far, in my humble opinion.

On Wednesday afternoon, hundreds of protesters had stationed themselves at the city’s war memorial, angering war veterans.

Disrespectful.
The Shrine of Remembrance is a sacred place for Australians to commemorate and remember those who fought and died for our freedoms.
Not a place of protest.

Prompted a major response from Victoria Police.

Above image sources: news.com.au

Some other minor incidents, flares.
Pepper sprayed. Arrests. Rubber bullets.

Downtown/ CBD not a place to be tonight.

Oh yeah, and there was a 5.8 earthquake at 0915 local time. Biggest in Victoria for some 50 years. Unusual occurrence here. Many with no idea what was happening. I thought I was back in Seattle for a moment in time. Or Kansas. Smile

</chris>
ps - thanks Monkey.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cjevans,

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’m a fed. My agency has made it clear that they stand with the administration and are “taking a hard line” with employees that are refusing the snake oil vaccine. My original sunset date for retirement was April 30th, but due to my lack of faith in my employer to at rationally or even do the right thing, I’ll be leaving on December 4th.

I’m one of the lucky ones since I only had to adjust my leaving by 5 months, but it is still 5 months of income I’ll be missing. After nearly 30 years, to be forced out like this still leaves a shitty taste in my mouth nonetheless.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:

On Wednesday afternoon, hundreds of protesters had stationed themselves at the city’s war memorial, angering war veterans.

Disrespectful.
The Shrine of Remembrance is a sacred place for Australians to commemorate and remember those who fought and died for our freedoms.
Not a place of protest.

In this case I would think the war memorial is an appropriate place to gather for this protest. After all, the people are protesting the very things all those veterans fought against - tyranny and loss of freedoms. As a U.S. veteran I say good on them.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:

Disrespectful.
Not a place of protest.

In this case I would think the war memorial is an appropriate place to gather for this protest. After all, the people are protesting the very things all those veterans fought against - tyranny and loss of freedoms. As a U.S. veteran I say good on them.

I completely agree. And I imagine the protesters didn’t go there looking for a physical fight; they were pressed into one by the government. Painting them as disrespectful is the wrong idea here when it is freedom they are fighting for.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:

Disrespectful.
Not a place of protest.

I agree completely.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
No matter where the protest, the MSM condemns it. If at parliament it is interfering with governance. At a hospital Otis harassing the sick. At any memorial it is disrespectful.
The government does not want them anywhere and the MSM both hides them or vilifies them as required.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Unions are pretty tight shops. I'm surprised that they'd not notice non-tradesmen stirring up trouble.

I don't recognize you, lemme see your union card. Don't have one? Make 'em disappear.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
In this case I would think the war memorial is an appropriate place to gather for this protest. After all, the people are protesting the very things all those veterans fought against - tyranny and loss of freedoms. As a U.S. veteran I say good on them.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Australia has turned into a full-blown fascist state, and you think the protesters have gone too far? I respectfully disagree.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Australia has turned into a full-blown fascist state, and you think the protesters have gone too far? I respectfully disagree.

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice!”
- Barry Goldwater

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wuhan Scientists Planned To Release 'Chimeric Covid Spike Proteins' Into Bat Populations Using 'Skin-Penetrating Nanoparticles'

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...pulations-using-skin

18 months before the pandemic, scientists in Wuhan, China submitted a proposal to release enhanced airborne coronaviruses into the wild in an effort to inoculate them against diseases that could have otherwise jumped to humans, according to The Telegraph, citing leaked grant proposals from 2018.

https://drasticresearch.org/20...impression=true&s=09

New documents show that just 18 months before the first Covid-19 cases appeared, researchers had submitted plans to release skin-penetrating nanoparticles containing “novel chimeric spike proteins” of bat coronaviruses into cave bats in Yunnan, China.

They also planned to create chimeric viruses, genetically enhanced to infect humans more easily, and requested $14million from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa) to fund the work.

The bid was submitted by zoologist Peter Daszak of US-based EcoHealth Alliance, who was hoping to use genetic engineering to cobble "human-specific cleavage sites" onto bat Covid 'which would make it easier for the virus to enter human cells' - a method which would coincidentally answer a longstanding question among the scientific community as to how SARS-CoV-2 evolved to become so infectious to humans.

Daszak's proposal also included plans to commingle high-risk natural coronaviruses strains with more infectious, yet less deadly versions. His 'bat team' of researchers included Dr. Shi Zhengli from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, as well as US researchers from the University of North Carolina and the US Geological Survey National Wildlife Health Center.

Darpa refused the contract - saying "It is clear that the proposed project led by Peter Daszak could have put local communities at risk," while warning that Daszak hadn't fully considered the dangers involved in enhancing the virus via gain-of-function research, or by releasing a vaccine into the air.

Grant documents show that the team also had some concerns about the vaccine programme and said they would “conduct educational outreach … so that there is a public understanding of what we are doing and why we are doing it, particularly because of the practice of bat-consumption in the region”.

Angus Dalgleish, Professor of Oncology at St Georges, University of London, who struggled to get work published showing that the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) had been carrying out “gain of function” work for years before the pandemic, said the research may have gone ahead even without the funding.

“This is clearly a gain of function, engineering the cleavage site and polishing the new viruses to enhance human cell infectibility in more than one cell line,” he said. -Telegraph

Documents at link

As the Telegraph aptly notes (and you'll never hear from Maddow, Lemon or Hayes), Daszak is the same guy behind a letter published in The Lancet last year which ruled out the lab leak hypothesis, and temporarily stifled debate on the origins of Covid-19.

"For more than a year I tried repeatedly to ask questions of Peter Daszak with no response," said Viscount Ridley, who has co-authored an upcoming book on the origin of Covid-19, and has repeatedly implored the House of Lords to dig deeper into the origins of the pandemic. "Now it turns out he had authored this vital piece of information about virus work in Wuhan but refused to share it with the world. I am furious. So should the world be," he added.

"Peter Daszak and the EcoHealth Alliance (EHA) proposed injecting deadly chimeric bat coronaviruses collected by the Wuhan Institute of Virology into humanised and ‘batified’ mice, and much, much more."

The documents, released by an international consortium of scientists known as 'Drastic Research,' were authenticated by a former Trump administration official. According to the group, "The actual DEFUSE Proposal Documents will be published in due course."

"Given that we find in this proposal a discussion of the planned introduction of human-specific cleavage sites, a review by the wider scientific community of the plausibility of artificial insertion is warranted," Drastic said in a statement.

Enhanced MERS?

One anonymous World Health Organization (WHO) scientist told The Telegraph that Daszak's grant proposal shockingly proposed plans to enhance the more deadly MERS (Middle-East Respiratory Syndrome).

"The scary part is they were making infectious chimeric Mers viruses," said the source, adding "These viruses have a fatality rate over 30 per cent, which is at least an order of magnitude more deadly than Sars-CoV-2."

"If one of their receptor replacements made Mers spread similarly, while maintaining its lethality, this pandemic would be nearly apocalyptic."

Just remember, the initial cover story started with 'bat soup.'

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Reality vs Gaslighting: The Vaccine Failure Stares Us Straight in the Eyes

By Vasko Kohlmayer

September 22, 2021

It has now become obvious that the vaccines being injected into populations worldwide are a failure.

The evidence is simply overwhelming. Consider the following:

Fact #1: The vaccines do not stop the spread of Covid infection.

There are countless breakthrough cases being reported all over the world. Moreover, some of the most vaccinated countries have the highest rates of infection transmission. Israel is a case in point. An early leader in vaccination, it also has the highest infection rate on the planet. And this by a large margin. Needless to say, most of the infected have been vaccinated.

A recent piece in the National Geographic describes just how serious the situation is. The title of the article is “Evidence mounts that people with breakthrough infections can spread Delta easily.” The subtitle says it all: “A new study finds that this dominant variant can grow in the noses of vaccinated people as strongly as in unvaccinated people.”

In other words, as far as the transmissibility of the Delta variant is concerned vaccination makes no difference.

Fact #2: The vaccines do not substantially reduce severe Covid or death.

The majority of the seriously ill or dying in highly vaccinated countries have been vaccinated. In Britain, for example, 75 percent of all deaths are among the vaccinated. And this is happening in a country that has a vaccination rate of about 70 percent.

According to a report from the Jerusalem Post, the overwhelming majority of those who died of Covid in Israel in the first half of July – fifteen out of twenty people – were fully vaccinated.

In an interview with an Israeli news channel, Dr. Kobi Haviv, who is medical director at Herzog Hospital in Jerusalem, stated that 95 percent of severe covid cases at his hospital are fully vaccinated.

Dr. Rochelle Walensky, who serves as director as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention observed that the Israeli data “suggest increased risk of severe disease amongst those vaccinated early.”

According to a recent report by the UK government agency Public Health England, those who received a Covid vaccine are more than three times more likely to die from the Delta variant than unvaccinated individuals. To put it another way, according to this report receiving the vaccine actually increases one’s chance of dying from Covid-19.

For more data and information on this you can read the article titled “The Vaccines Do Not Stop Severe Covid or Death” here.

Here are the two indisputable facts:

The vaccines do not stop the spread of infection.
The vaccines do not substantially prevent severe Covid or death.

What is to be concluded from the above?

The answer should be obvious: the vaccines do not work.

Considering all the evidence, it is remarkable that anyone would think or say otherwise.

If the vaccines worked, the picture would look entirely different

If the vaccines worked, highly vaccinated countries would have low incidence of Covid infection.

If the vaccines worked, severe Covid or death among the vaccinated would be a rare occurrence – not the norm.

Are we still able to see the obvious?

Tragically, many people have been frightened and brainwashed to the point where they are unable to make the right deduction from the facts before their eyes.

The facts clearly show that these vaccines have failed, because they do not accomplish what effective vaccines should accomplish: namely, to limit the spread of a disease and substantially reduce the incidence of severe instances of that disease.

The claim by President Biden and other government officials and establishment scientists that we must “protect” the vaccinated from the unvaccinated is another indication of this. If the vaccines were effective and conferred protection what would the vaccinated have to fear?

Boosters are a direct acknowledgement of vaccine failure by the manufacturers and the governments that are forcing these vaccines on their populations.

If the vaccines really worked there would be no need for boosters, especially not so soon after the initial shots were given.

In some countries an absurd situation is taking place even as we speak: some people are still getting their initial vaccines while concurrently other people are receiving their boosters in acknowledgement of the inefficacy of these same vaccines.

How can something like this be allowed to take place in supposedly sane and rational societies?

Before even having completed its booster program, Israeli authorities are already planning the next round of boosters. The plan is to administer these toward the end of this year.

This is nothing short of astonishing. By planning a fourth round of injections, the Pfizer scientists and Israeli government officials acknowledge that the boosters that are being currently given are not truly effective.

On September 13, with most of Israeli population having received three doses – the two initial ones plus the booster – the country posted its highest daily case count ever. That day Israel recorded 11,800 new cases. This was substantially more than what the country was experiencing at the height of the flu season in the third week of January when most of the population was unvaccinated. This month Israel is also experiencing more deaths than it did at the same time last year when no one was vaccinated. Needless to say, most of the deaths at this time are among the vaccinated.

On September 13 of this year, there were 238 people ill with Covid in intensive care in Israel. On the same day last year, the number stood at 143. At that time there were no vaccines. This means that the three doses of vaccination that have been injected into most of the population coincide with an increase of 60 percent in ICU hospitalizations.

How could such a situation arise if the vaccines were even remotely effective?

Not only does the Pfizer vaccine do none of the things that good vaccines should do, it seems to make matters worse.

Could the failure be more obvious?

The vaccine debacle is without question the greatest public health scandal in history, and it is unfolding in plain view for everyone to see. There should be protests and resistance to this travesty. And yet many are still obediently lining up to get their shots.

The ability of large swathes of the population to grasp reality has been deeply impaired. No matter what the data or the facts, the bulk of the people just cannot see the obvious.

Gaslighting by the Covid establishment has succeeded to an unprecedented degree.

They – the manufacturers, the media, the politicians – will, of course, tell you that the boosters work, but this is exactly what they told you about the original vaccines. Do you still remember it? This claim turned out to be a complete lie, as the numbers show. And now they are trying to shove another lie down the people’s throats and into their arms.

We ask again: what would you conclude about vaccines that do not stop the infection or substantially prevent the incidence of severe disease and death?

And what would you conclude about the efficacy of boosters which they are already planning to supersede by another round of boosters?

Can you see the obvious? Can you grasp the reality that stares us straight in the eyes?

https://www.lewrockwell.com/20...traight-in-the-eyes/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
  • China submitted a proposal to release enhanced airborne coronaviruses into the wild
  • They also planned to create chimeric viruses, genetically enhanced to infect humans more easily
  • The bid was submitted by zoologist Peter Daszak of US-based EcoHealth Alliance, who was hoping to use genetic engineering to cobble "human-specific cleavage sites" onto bat Covid 'which would make it easier for the virus to enter human cells
  • Daszak's proposal also included plans to commingle high-risk natural coronaviruses strains with more infectious, yet less deadly versions.

• What. The. F.

Why is this guy not under arrest? Why aren't they all under arrest?

I'm glad at least someone is investigating.

If someone made this into a movie, no one would believe it. It's like some idiot wants to rid the earth of 80% of the population. And their friends are down with that idea.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
    Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
    Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lawyers, Guns
    and Money
    Picture of chellim1
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    What. The. F.
    Why is this guy not under arrest? Why aren't they all under arrest?

Including Fauci... who remains the highest paid government employee.

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
    If they released it on purpose, it would definitely rule out the "lab leak hypothesis".

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Frangas non Flectes
    Picture of P220 Smudge
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Shaql:
    If someone made this into a movie, no one would believe it.

I keep saying it. We’ve seen this movie.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Official forum
    SIG Pro
    enthusiast
    Picture of stickman428
    posted Hide Post
    ^^^ Not to mention the whole wet market origin of the virus in the film Contagion. It does seem like the plot of a few films playing out in real life doesn’t it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Get my pies
    outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
    posted Hide Post
    Holy SHIT Eek

UNREAL: Australians are being shot in the back as they are running away:

Link to video

quote:

The bullets may be rubber, or “non-lethal” as they euphemistically call them. But they’re being fired at Australian citizens who have the audacity to want to… go outside. To leave their homes. To live life as normally as they can despite the state’s insistence of locking people in their own homes and creating a culture of fear around the Chinese Communist Party’s virus.

The Left Cheered When Australians Gave Up Their Guns. Now They’re Being Shot By Their Own Government in the Streets.

Posts: 33813 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    Yeah, they're gonna need more cops.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Yeah, that M14 video guy...
    Picture of benny6
    posted Hide Post
    I'm thinking of proposing a though scenario to my HR. Not today, but some time in the future if they deny me a religious exemption. At that point I'll be on the way out and not be risking anything.

Let's say Trump won re-election. Let's say the administration found that eating medium-rare steak was found to stave off COVID-19 and that they will mandate that all companies with 100 employees or more are required to force their employees to eat one 12 ounce, medium-rare Trump steak, three times a year or be penalized $14,000 per violation.

Let's say that Tonya is a black trans-gender vegan who worships the goddess Lilith. Tonya has done they're own research and found out that a weekly dose of tofu and kombucha and apples provides 13 times better protection than steak.

Will you fire Tonya over they're religious stubbornness even though Tonya has proven, with facts and research, that they're method is more effective and ethical than President Trump's decree?

Manoj is an Indian Hindu who's religion forbids him from eating cow. It is found out that curry chicken and jasmine rice provides similar protection as Tonya's tofu and kombucha.

Will the company stand against Trump's tyranny?

Worth it or not?

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
    www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
    e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5401 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post