SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Man, some of you guys love gloom and doom.

Matter of fact, some of you seem to crave it, and can’t stand a world without it.

You're more than welcome to post happy news.

I'll post some happy news for ya.
Biden Announces New Vaccine Requirement For Federal Workers, Large Employers, Healthcare Providers
but postal workers are exempt. Isn't that great news Jones? POSTAL WORKERS ARE EXEMPT!!
That is FANTASTIC!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4864 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
POSTAL WORKERS ARE EXEMPT!!

Perhaps a thank you for their assistance in the election. Cool

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I love gloom and doom, but I'm not in love with gloom and doom. They're twins, y'know, and that can be a lot of fun on a long weekend. 'course, I'm no longer a young man, so maybe I'll just sit in a chair poolside and watch the two of them frolic.

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
In the mean time A'stan slips slowly off the front pages and into the waste bin of all the other fuck ups Biden et al. have made.
Highly unlikely given that screwup by Biden is so egregious and colossal that it will likely be the gift that keeps on giving for years into the future. There is no way, even with the help of most of the MSM that Biden is going to be able to escape A-stan, no matter where he and his cast of clowns try and stear the narrative.
quote:
They can't lose. Either SCOTUS upholds the mandates and Biden points to it as a victory...
Not gonna happen.
quote:
...or they strike them down and Biden points to it as something he wanted but was forced to give up by the Right.
Which won't matter given he's screwing up in so many places and so monumentally that nothing is going to be able to save him from drowning. From A-stan, to Covid, to inflation, to CRT, to race relations, to illegal immigration gone wild, to an endless number of future F-ups yet to be unveiled, Biden is done. The only questions left are 'when' he'll collapse (or croak) and 'if' the country can survive this retard.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 08 Cayenne:
Can't mandate a vaccine to the union if I wanted to. It must be negotiated and in order for it to be effective it needs some teeth, discipline. Union will never agree to additional discipline.
That sounds good on paper until YOUR union (such as the union at my major airline) folds like a cheap Walmart POS Chinese lawn chair and does NOTHING but fold its arms and look in from the sidelines. They are just as complicit as management in their nefarious plot and should be held accountable to the FULLEST extent of the law. Yeah...we're discussing it among our pilot group.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:
POSTAL WORKERS ARE EXEMPT!!

Perhaps a thank you for their assistance in the election. Cool

Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I love gloom and doom, but I'm not in love with gloom and doom. They're twins, y'know, and that can be a lot of fun on a long weekend. 'course, I'm no longer a young man, so maybe I'll just sit in a chair poolside and watch the two of them frolic.

I'm certain if Gloom or Doom try forcing you the jab, you'll be getting up from that chair.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4864 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
A bit of conflict between logic used within Joe and Kamala’s speeches today.
One argued for bodily autonomy and the other for government mandated bodily injections.

Harris on Same Day Biden Announces Vax Mandates:
‘When People Are Able to Make Choices without Government Interference… We Are a Stronger Society’
Link

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
A bit of conflict between logic used within Joe and Kamala’s speeches today.
One argued for bodily autonomy and the other for government mandated bodily injections.

Typical leftists arguing against one another, sometimes even arguing against themselves, and not even realizing it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Man, some of you guys love gloom and doom.

Matter of fact, some of you seem to crave it, and can’t stand a world without it.

I have 24 days to make a decision of whether I'm getting the jab or walking away from my job. You think that's an easy decision at 53 years old? Fuck you!

Posts: 1847 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There's no need for that.

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
I have 24 days to make a decision of whether I'm getting the jab or walking away from my job. You think that's an easy decision at 53 years old?

That is a tough spot to be in and I don’t envy you. Good luck on the courts shutting this down before it comes to that.

Posts: 7075 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
I have 24 days to make a decision of whether I'm getting the jab or walking away from my job. You think that's an easy decision at 53 years old?

That is a tough spot to be in and I don’t envy you. Good luck on the courts shutting this down before it comes to that.

I’m going through this decision at 60 now. Tough decision, do you stand by your beliefs or support your family.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Chin up...don't let your enslavement harsh folks mellow. Blue skies and rainbows just around the corner.

Posts: 2038 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The all out assault is on from organized medicine to us physicians who don't bow down. Roll Eyes

https://www.abim.org/media-cen...nt-statement-heading
https://www.fsmb.org/advocacy/...cal-license-at-risk/

Q

Posts: 27517 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
“…providing misinformation about the Covid-19 vaccine contradicts physicians’ ethical and professional responsibilities, and therefore may subject a physician to disciplinary actions…”

LOL. But a doctor saying the unvaccinated should be denied medical care is perfectly ethical.

When the Ministry of Truth deems facts they don’t like “misinformation” people will be fired and their lives destroyed. All without any recourse.

If there was a “doomsday clock” for tyranny, we would be 1 minute from communism.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not much of a choice for my wife and I,and wasn’t much of a choice in the 50’s with the Polio pandemic.Back then if you got sick with it you could end up in an Iron Lung,(there are a few today still in one).yes the the choice is up to you,and it depends the kind of future you want for you and your family.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
You have your beliefs and I have mine, there’s are many ethical and moral reasons in my mind not to take these shots.

Now having to decide between a livelihood and your beliefs is not a simple choice for me.

Do I want a future of government control or do I want to make a stand for what I believe in?

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have medical professionals in the family who all advised us to get the vaccines. I understand there are some folks who should not get it for medical reasons. My youngest daughter is a physician in a large hospital trauma center and she tells us that 99% of those admitted with COVID are unvaccinated, and virtually all of them who die are unvaccinated. I have friends who have been hospitalized with it, and one who died.

I am convinced the vaccinations are saving lives and are a good idea. But it still should be a personal choice and the government has no business mandating the vaccines for other than the military. It is so frustrating how the whole program has been politicized. You will recall it was Biden and Harris during the campaign who politicized it when they said they would never get the vaccine if Trump recommended it. We need 75-80% of the population to have immunity to attain herd immunity, and we are within striking distance of that number, when Biden starts this mandatory vaccine and school masks power play. With all the push back, it will be a setback and further division when we should be united to combat this thing. These decisions should be left to the states. The president should be focusing instead on how the damn thing got started and how it got here from China. You know, the National Security thing. Like Obama once said, never underestimate Joe's ability to f&%k things up. Everything his administration touches turns to shit and this will just be another of a long list of debacles to come.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4371 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
. We need 75-80% of the population to have immunity to attain herd immunity, and we are within striking distance of that number, .....

How is that working for Israel ?

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
Do I want a future of government control or do I want to make a stand for what I believe in?
Personally, I think its even easier than that. Do you want to put something in your body that there is 'zero' data on as far as longer term complications? These vaccines flew through FDA approval in a fraction of the time a normal vaccine review and approval would have taken, and were impacted hugely by politics. I'm personally not willing to roll the dice with my health like that.
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
My youngest daughter is a physician in a large hospital trauma center and she tells us that 99% of those admitted with COVID are unvaccinated, and virtually all of them who die are unvaccinated. I have friends who have been hospitalized with it, and one who died.
Damn shame those doctors and the other 'experts' aren't making much of an effort to guide those who are infected toward the benefits of monoclonal antibodies. Taken soon after infection, that treatment has demonstrated very good results at mitigating symptoms and helping people fully recover while keeping them out of hospitals. And best of all, they don't subject the patient to partially tested vaccines that there is no long term data on. Florida has setup 12 locations around the state where people who've been infected can get this treatment, yet the biggest issue to date has been the media's unwillingness to get this information out to the public and the medical community's unwillingness to deviate from the approved "vaccines as the only solution" narrative.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post