SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Los Angeles School District

When will it be enough?

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 964 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"Screw your freedoms" should be the democrat battle cry.

When you look back on the history of civilizations and the history of man and conflict, I don't know, but it seems to me the side screaming "fuck your freedoms" usually isn't the side on the "right side of history," if you catch my drift.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30905 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I just wonder if the picture is now clear as to what this is all about.

Hint: It’s not about a virus that has a 99.7% survival rate.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4012 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
They keep on pushing and pushing.

Those pulling Biden’s strings better wise up and defuse the situation.
Seems they just keep piling wood on the fire.

Are there no good honorable men in the DOJ, or FBI willing to step up and confront the crimes committed by the Left?

The Single Sided application of Law Enforcement and the Judicial System will bring an end to Our Nation if allowed to continue down this path.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of btgoanna
posted Hide Post
A couple of questions spring to mind (rhetorical)
If this is such a good idea , so important for stopping the rona

1. Why is Congress and their staff exempt
2. Why arent we vaccinating all the illegals streaming across the border
3. If in order to get a federal paycheck you must be vaccinated, then why not all those on unemployment/ welfare .
4. Why exemptions for USPS

Can't even get their story straight. It either should apply to everyone , no special interests, or it is bullshit.

I call Bullshit

Posts: 834 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the Afghans coming to a city near us all will be vaccinated. Add them to the list, perhaps as #5.

Since also they seem to be on track for an expedited green card, I expect our new 200,000 monthly arrivals from the southern border will sue the US government for discrimination. Why should Afghans get a green card sooner than old school illegal aliens. Sorry, that's not a very woke way to describe it. Okay, I'm really not sorry for saying it..

Posts: 1480 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Man, some of you guys love gloom and doom.

Matter of fact, some of you seem to crave it, and can’t stand a world without it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37174 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Absolutely a tail wagging the dog moment.

Look, over here!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
It appears we have a king, not a president.

https://mobile.twitter.com/The.../1436080049954959362

From the Daily Wire -

Governors Immediately Push Back On ‘Unconstitutional’ Biden Plan: ‘Will Fight Them To The Gates Of Hell’

Numerous governors have issued statements following Democrat President Joe Biden’s speech on Thursday signaling that they will strongly oppose his attempts to mandate vaccines.

The pushback from governors comes after the administration said on Thursday that The Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) will force all employers with 100 or more employees “to ensure their workforce is fully vaccinated or require any workers who remain unvaccinated to produce a negative test result on at least a weekly basis before coming to work.”

Immediate reaction from governors:

Tate Reeves, Mississippi: “The President has no authority to require that Americans inject themselves because of their employment at a private business. The vaccine itself is life-saving, but this unconstitutional move is terrifying. This is still America, and we still believe in freedom from tyrants.”

Brian Kemp, Georgia: “I will pursue every legal option available to the state of Georgia to stop this blatantly unlawful overreach by the Biden administration.”

Kristi Noem, South Dakota: “My legal team is standing by ready to file our lawsuit the minute @joebiden files his unconstitutional rule. This gross example of federal intrusion will not stand.”

Henry McMaster, South Carolina: “The American Dream has turned into a nightmare under President Biden and the radical Democrats. They have declared war against capitalism, thumbed their noses at the Constitution, and empowered our enemies abroad. Rest assured, we will fight them to the gates of hell to protect the liberty and livelihood of every South Carolinian.”

Doug Ducey, Arizona: “This is exactly the kind of big government overreach we have tried so hard to prevent in Arizona — now the Biden-Harris administration is hammering down on private businesses and individual freedoms in an unprecedented and dangerous way. This will never stand up in court. This dictatorial approach is wrong, un-American and will do far more harm than good. How many workers will be displaced? How many kids kept out of classrooms? How many businesses fined? The vaccine is and should be a choice. We must and will push back.”

Asa Hutchinson, Arkansas: “I fully support continued efforts to increase vaccination rates across our nation, but the federal government mandates on private businesses are not the right answer. I have been consistent in the freedom of businesses to require their employees to be vaccinated, and I have opposed the government from saying businesses cannot exercise that freedom. The same principle should protect private sector from government overreach that requires them to vaccinate all employees.”

Kim Reynolds, Iowa: “President Biden is taking dangerous and unprecedented steps to insert the federal government even further into our lives while dismissing the ability of Iowans and Americans to make healthcare decisions for themselves. Biden’s plan will only worsen our workforce shortage and further limit our economic recovery. As I’ve said all along, I believe and trust in Iowans to make the best health decisions for themselves and their families. It’s time for President Biden to do the same. Enough.”

Greg Gianforte, Montana: “President Biden’s vaccination mandate is unlawful and un-American. We are committed to protecting Montanans’ freedoms and liberties against this gross federal overreach.”

Kevin Stitt, Oklahoma: “It is not the government’s role to dictate to private businesses what to do. Once again President Biden is demonstrating his complete disregard for individual freedoms and states’ rights. As long as I am governor, there will be no government vaccine mandates in Oklahoma. My administration will continue to defend Oklahoma values and fight back against the Biden administration’s federal overreach.”

Kay Ivey, Alabama: “Once again, President Biden has missed the mark. His outrageous, overreaching mandates will no doubt be challenged in the courts. Placing more burdens on both employers and employees during a pandemic with the rising inflation rates and lingering labor shortages is totally unacceptable. Alabamians have stepped up by rolling up their sleeves to get the covid-19 vaccine, increasing our doses administered significantly in recent weeks. We have done so without mandates from Washington D.C. or Montgomery. I’ve made it abundantly clear: I support the science and encourage folks taking the vaccine. However, I am absolutely against a government mandate on the vaccine, which is why I signed the vaccine passport ban into law here in Alabama. This is not the role of the government. I continue encouraging any Alabamian who can, to get the covid-19 vaccine. We have a safe and effective tool at our fingertips, so, let’s roll up our sleeves and get this thing beat.”

Greg Abbott, Texas: “Biden’s vaccine mandate is an assault on private businesses. I issued an Executive Order protecting Texans’ right to choose whether they get the COVID vaccine & added it to the special session agenda. Texas is already working to halt this power grab.”

Mike Parsons, Missouri: “The Biden Administration’s recent announcement seeking to dictate personal freedom and private business decisions is an insult to our American principles of individual liberty and free enterprise. This heavy-handed action by the federal government is unwelcome in our state and has potentially dangerous consequences for working families. Vaccination protects us from serious illness, but the decision to get vaccinated is a private health care decision that should remain as such. My administration will always fight back against federal power grabs and government overreach that threatens to limit our freedoms.”

Posts: 3578 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Wonder if a suit will be filed soon...

How many employers of private companies don't want the Vaccine, and are now expected to force their employees against their will.

I'm betting there are tons of large companies that in favor of the mandate, now they can make employees get vaccinated and say "not me - its the law"
This moronic mandate is illegal on so many grounds it would be difficult to cover them all in one post. First up will be a bunch of states claiming this violates the 10th amendment, and my bet, the federal government will lose on that point. Second, the federal government has zero authority to mandate this at the local level for businesses of any size. There are a few SCOTUS precedents to back up that position, so my bet is the federal government loses there too. I see no avenue whatsoever for this illegitimate administration to win this in court. Biden stepped on his flaccid, non-functioning male parts today big time, and the flood of court cases and losses for this administration are going to dwarf any screwup by a prior president in history. Once again, Biden has set himself up as the most worthless POS in the history of this country.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bigdeal,

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today, Joe said that we must protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated.
Uhh..how do the unvaccinated harm the vaccinated?
Isn't the vaccine supposed to protect them?
If the unvaccinated can harm them, what exactly does the vaccine do?
The vaccinated can spread and receive the virus.
The unvaccinated can spread and receive the virus.
So, if everyone is vaccinated, everyone can spread and receive the virus.
But maybe everyone won't get as sick or maybe not die if they get the virus.
How does this change things for those who are currently vaccinated?
Again, how are the unvaxxed harming those that got the jab?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3630 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So... The fence around the WH has been put back up and the NG alerted. Again. Would this be a response to todays COVID announcement? Is there an expected push back of some type? Just how afraid are those in power?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16381 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
This moronic mandate is illegal on so many grounds it would be difficult to cover them all in one post. First up will be a bunch of states claiming this violates the 10th amendment, and my bet, the federal government will lose on that point. Second, the federal government has zero authority to mandate this at the local level for businesses of any size. There are a few SCOTUS precedents to back up that position, so my bet is the federal government loses there too. I see no avenue whatsoever for this illegitimate administration to win this in court.

It's more cunning than that.

Biden fucks up A'Stan etc etc

Focus groups/staffers/the people behind the curtain say: 'We need to get something else to the top of the list on the news, otherwise we're going to get shelled in the mid-terms and the 2024 Pres.election'.

So:

'Let's bring Covid back to the top, those GOP governors are opening stuff up and our bedwetting grass roots are having vapors over it. The teachers are getting their asses handed to them by parents' groups and a few school boards'

and

'I know, we'll mandate all sorts of vaccine requirements and threaten to fine the crap out of companies who don't comply. Then we'll withhold Federal Funding from states that refuse to go along. They'll all lose their minds and sue us into the SCOTUS who will say all our stuff is unconstitutional. Then we can say: 'See, we tried to get things under control and rein in all these super-spreading assholes, but we couldn't overcome the right wing republican Supreme Court. Now, you can see why we need to pack it with additional liberal justices'.

In the mean time A'stan slips slowly off the front pages and into the waste bin of all the other fuck ups Biden et al. have made.

They can't lose. Either SCOTUS upholds the mandates and Biden points to it as a victory, or they strike them down and Biden points to it as something he wanted but was forced to give up by the Right.

Just like Immigration at the southern border. if you think the left, and the WH didn't heave a big old sigh of relief when the SCOTUS told them to knock it off, you are sadly mistaken. That was costing them votes right and left.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Today, Joe said that we must protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated.
Uhh..how do the unvaccinated harm the vaccinated?
Isn't the vaccine supposed to protect them?
If the unvaccinated can harm them, what exactly does the vaccine do?
The vaccinated can spread and receive the virus.
The unvaccinated can spread and receive the virus.
So, if everyone is vaccinated, everyone can spread and receive the virus.
But maybe everyone won't get as sick or maybe not die if they get the virus.
How does this change things for those who are currently vaccinated?
Again, how are the unvaxxed harming those that got the jab?

In addition, the vaccinated are causing the virus to change and are most likely casing the variants. Not the unvaccinated. That is one elephant in the room that the media will not talk about. But there are many in the medical field that are.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19710 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
This whole thing is beginning to look like a lead up to Kurt Schlichter book,(s) Indian Country, People’s Republic, etc…

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11460 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
The left is creating a very large group of people who have nothing left to lose. Take away their job, their family, their means to live, and this group of people will reach a point where they decide there is nothing left holding them to the "pact" they agreed to when they chose to be good citizens and participate in society and government.

And that is when things get dangerous.
Add into the equation that there are more guns and ammo in private hands than at any time in the history of this country. The retards in charge should give that some real thought, assuming thought is even still possible for them.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well... Old Joe says you need F-15's and nukes to take on the Government.

Seems to me that far less is needed. Especially if you consider A-Stan and the way our "Military Masterminds" got their asses handed to them.

If that is who we are fighting, I like our chances A LOT!

The "Boz"

Posts: 1552 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One thing I think we can be sure of if ever we get to the point where they are attempting to vaccinate people against their will- that is to say, attempting to restrain a person and stick them with a needle. If ever we get to that point, I think it's a sure bet that the shit will finally hit the fan in a big way. All it will take is for there to be just one verifiable attempt to forcefully inject someone, because then, we'll all know and we'll say to ourselves 'it's only a matter of time before they come for me.'

I think the most likely place for us to see this first is Australia. The government of that country is so far removed from reality, they might actually try forced injections. You know it's true. These space cadets are headed for lunar orbit. Once word reaches the United States, where we have widespread gun ownership, it'll be Katy bar the door.

All these people who think that everyone in the world must be vaccinated or it's the end of civilization- Nietzsche called such people “epileptics of the concept”: they have gotten an idea that’s driven them crazy.

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I'm reminded of this:

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?

Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?...The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

The Gulag Archipelago - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Man, some of you guys love gloom and doom.

Matter of fact, some of you seem to crave it, and can’t stand a world without it.
Guessing your opinion is, get the vaccine, it’s no big deal.

The unvaccinated with strong opposition to vaccination, who are at risk of loosing their job see things from a bit different perspective.

Yep, you are correct in that many of us haven’t seen many bright rays of sunshine since George Floyd took his Fentanyl.

The one bright sliver of light is that I am seeing the beginnings of acceptance for early COVID treatment with monoclonal antibodies.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post