SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
A bit of a lengthy article, but this opinion piece sums up how many Aussies are feeling - exasperated.

• A post-vaccination phase, in which the focus will shift from our current suppression strategy to minimising serious illness and death

</chris>

That is insane. Roll Eyes

The WHOLE POINT of all this “two weeks to flatten the curve” lockdown crap was to try and not overwhelm the medical system and hospital beds. It was NEVER meant to ensure no one ever got sick, that’s just not possible! It angers me that people went along with this as long as they did but it sounds like finally people there are getting fed up and not willing to go along any more.

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
sounds like finally people there are getting fed up and not willing to go along any more.

And that's what is happening in Sydney.
Under a health directed lockdown.

(Bondi beach, Sydney NSW, Australia
Picture: NCA NewsWire/Bianca De MarchiSource:News Corp Australia

" ... in Sydney, including at Flemington Markets, people crowded in to do their Saturday morning shopping, while a news.com.au reader reported that at Darling Square, “every outdoor table and bench is full”, and that Sydney Park was “packed like a normal Saturday”."

Again, hospitals/ICU's are NOT overwhelmed or struggling under the numbers, with seventy-three (73) hospitalised for the entire country.

These Clayton's lockdowns are being treated as such.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kept Bum
posted Hide Post
Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.

"It does not require many words to speak the truth.".....Chief Joseph

https://pbase.com/shellyva/image/171613535

Posts: 88 | Location: Out there, somewhere | Registered: May 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kept Bum:
Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.

Yup.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30901 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5905 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I mentioned earlier that the piehole diaper restrictions are easing and the signs are coming down. Now I'm seeing more and more "if you've been fully vaccinated you don't need a mask" signs. Come on now, who's going to even ask, let alone ask for proof? Roll Eyes

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I mentioned earlier that the piehole diaper restrictions are easing and the signs are coming down. Now I'm seeing more and more "if you've been fully vaccinated you don't need a mask" signs. Come on now, who's going to even ask, let alone ask for proof? Roll Eyes

I will not wear a mask anywhere any longer except at work which has also rescinded masking for vaccinated. I’ve not taken the Fauci Death Shot and don’t ever plan to.

Per my work rules, I still must wear a mask at all times inside any of our buildings. We just had a retirement breakfast for someone leaving after 35 years, I’m sitting in the conference room with a mask on following the rules and no one else is, and I know for a fact they aren’t all vaxxed. After about five minutes I said “fuck this“ and took it off, it just felt silly. Roll Eyes

As far as business is posting those signs, yes I am vaccinated, got them all when I was six years old! Wink

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I self-identify as being vaccinated

Posts: 53787 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
COVID-19 hotspots are emerging across the country, fueled by the highly transmissible delta variant and lagging vaccination rates, in California, Nevada, Missouri and Arkansas.

To combat summer spikes, the White House announced Thursday it will send out "surge response teams" to aid in nationwide vaccination efforts.

Roll Eyes

And they are now pushing children to take the jab...

St. Louis area

Three counties in the St. Louis region have issued public health advisories, citing the spread of new delta variant cases, urging the public to wear masks indoors, even if vaccinated. In their advisory, local health departments said to assume one in three people in any gathering may be unvaccinated.

Over the last two weeks, cases in Jefferson County increased 42%, with the highest number of cases in the 10- to 19-year-old age group.

"This is concerning since most of that age group is eligible for the vaccine, but only 10.82% have completed the full series of vaccination," the county said in an advisory.

So far, 39.1% of the state population has completed the vaccine series and 44.5% have initiated vaccination, per state data.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/summ...covid-193028055.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Vaccine propaganda and injection indecision

How do you make decisions in our new internet world? Most of us just go to Google and type in the question: "Is it safe to get the COVID-19 vaccine?" The overwhelming response is "Yes!"

Every entry below has the same strangely similar results. "Side effects are minor and common." "Side effects are a sign that your vaccine is working properly."

When you visit YouTube and do the same search, again, you see a consistent theme. "The risk from the COVID outweigh the risks from the vaccines," and "vaccine side effects are actually a good thing."

Check for yourself.

But when you go to an uncensored video website like Bitchute.com or Rumble.com, you see a totally different result: scores of doctors and scientists warning about the danger from the shots, and hundreds of videos from real people who have had horrific side effects from their injections, and most were at extremely low risk for dying from COVID.

You are now presented with a dilemma: "whom do I trust with this potentially life-altering decision? Which is worse, the disease or the cure?"

Ask yourself, which is more likely in our new world where government officials, news media, and social media have all teamed up to present only one side of an issue?

When were the first incidences of information and videos being "fact-checked" and removed? When were the first cases of websites actually being "de-platformed"? When, in our history, have doctors and scientists been pressured, vilified, and even fired from their jobs for expressing their honest opinions about the most important disease facing our planet?

If you think back, this all started with two subjects: Hunter Biden's ties to China before the 2020 election and the press conference by America's Frontline Doctors talking about effective treatments for COVID.

What happened to the free exchange of ideas and information in the United States?

Whom do you believe: doctors, scientists and real people telling their stories, or Big Tech–controlled media pushing a narrative to "get the vaccine so you can hug your grandmother"?

Why are state governors giving million-dollar lottery tickets in order to get people to take the shot? If the public believed that the vaccines are safe and effective, then people should be lining up of their own free will.

If you post a comment or video on Facebook about negative vaccine side-effects, your post is "fact-checked" and then deleted, and your account may be closed.

On the other hand, if you knew there were truly safe and effective treatments for COVID, and even safe and effective preventative measures you and your family members could take, the whole issue goes away. You won't need the shot, and the "Emergency Use Authorization" for the vaccine injections would be no longer valid.

But if you go to your same sources and type "hydroxychloroquine" or "ivermectin," you get a response dated Nov. 9, 2020: "A National Institutes of Health clinical trial evaluating the safety and effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of adults with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has formally concluded that the drug provides no clinical benefit to hospitalized patients" and "WHO 'strongly' against hydroxychloroquine use for COVID-19." For ivermectin, you get articles on "Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19."

Check for yourself.

If you go to Bitchute with the same question, you are presented with the banned videos from America's Frontline Doctors explaining their experience with using HCQ and ivermectin to prevent and cure COVID. Rumble shows videos about studies from doctors and scientists about how effective they are.

It seems that despite the concerted efforts of Big Tech, people are smart enough to figure out what's going on. This chart shows a dramatic rise in vaccinations followed by an equally dramatic decrease.

Why have the vaccinations dropped off so sharply? Could it be that the word is getting out that the vaccines are not as safe as advertised, or that COVID is not much to worry about if you're under 70?

Are you thinking of getting a COVID shot?

Is your teenager being forced to take a shot in order to return to college?

Do you have friends who are on the fence?

A website has been set up that shows videos from real people explaining their stories about side-effects from getting the vaccines. It also asks people to submit their own stories. Oddly enough, the website is "1000CovidStories.com."

Watch for yourself and make up your own mind. Determine for yourself if these stories are fakes or real. Then ask yourself and your friends, "Is it worth it to risk life-changing and even fatal side effects from a vaccine for a disease that is survived by 99.98% of people under 70?"

https://www.americanthinker.co...tion_indecision.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about ask your family doctor. Before the internet the average Joe was not reading medical literature and merely asked his physician. This seems to be prudent at the present time.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about ask your family doctor.

I don't know. There seem to be a lot of doctors that are just repeating what they've been told to say/do as well.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
How about ask your family doctor.

I dunno... mebbe because the last two family doctors we've had have been quick to recommend every last freakin' Western medicine pill or jab manufactured by the pharmaceutical industry?

Strangely, we've managed to survive, and remain in good health, without a damn one of them.

Huh...

Let me tell you about a friend of my wife. She was suffering from mild depression. (By "mild" I mean she was still nominally functional.) She'd recently lost her husband. This is normal. Did her family doctor recommend counseling or therapy? Nope. Drugs. Only problem was: That drug had deleterious side-effects. Did he recommend stopping the drug or an alternative? Nope. He prescribed another drug to counteract the side-effects of the first one. That, in turn, had its own side-effects. You know where this is going, right? By the time all was said and done she was on no less than ten prescription meds and her health continued to decline.

Mind you: Before all this started she'd been relatively healthy.

She was finally persuaded to change docs. First thing the new doc did was halve all her meds to begin the process of weaning her off all of them. After less than a week her health is already improving.

So, yeah: Why not ask your family doctor? What could possibly go wrong?

(Btw: Exact same thing happened to my mother, only she could never be persuaded to take another course of action. She ended-up with a whole pharmacy of meds she was taking every day.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about ask your family doctor. Before the internet the average Joe was not reading medical literature and merely asked his physician. This seems to be prudent at the present time.

Last year I asked my doctor. He suggested I take one of the mrna shots. I opted to not. Not only am I not in any group but I don’t react well to vaccines, I have always had to have a doctor note for schools etc…

My doctor was just parroting what he had been told…it’s not his fault. But I can think on my own and will take the risk with responsibility solely on me.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11459 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am not so sure about this strategy, it seems like a lot of doctors have been bullied into going along and shutting up. I wouldn’t trust them either at this point.

The podcast I just listened to this past week from Darkhorse with the three medical professionals, they stated that a lot of doctors have been basically threatened and bullied into not speaking out or speaking their true minds about all of this, lest they be ostracized or even lose their jobs.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
I trust my physician and value his opinion. He reads the medical literature and we discuss appropriate treatment plans. If you do not trust that your physician has your best interest at heart you need to get a new physician. If he is beholden to a corporation or pharmaceutical company that is a problem. BTW Medicare has been publishing the fees doctors receive from Big Pharma.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^^^^
I trust my physician and value his opinion.

Well good for you.

How many of us anymore really have the traditional “family“ doctor?

I go to a medical group and get whatever doctor is on duty at that moment, it could be one of six or seven different doctors. I don’t really have a “family“ doctor anymore. Or if I don’t want to wait, I head down to the urgent care where I see one of 15 different doctors, I don’t know any of them just whoever is on staff.

I suspect there’s many more of us than the ones that have the traditional single “family“ doctor.

posted Hide Post
You are compromising your care. I see an internist who makes referrals if needed. In medicine it is called continuity of care.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Perhaps different experiences in different regions. I concur with the sentiments above. These days, health care is about profits and turnover and then trying to fit some medicine within those bounds. It’s no longer medicine and then figuring out how to be financially optimal.

And only getting with diversity and equality programs. Meritocracy is going away.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13088 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^^^^
I trust my physician and value his opinion. He reads the medical literature and we discuss appropriate treatment plans. If you do not trust that your physician has your best interest at heart ...

I trust that my physician believes he... well, she, now, has my best interests at heart. The problem is the only answers they seem to know these days are prescription drugs, expensive lab tests, jabs, and surgical procedures.

As regards the instant question: Tell me: If the Wu Flu and immunity to it is all that important, then why, when I told my last physician "What I'd like to get is an antibody test" was the response "I'd like that, too, but they won't let me write those?"

One of the many things about Western medicine, and the Wu Flu, in particular, what makes you go "Hmmm..."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post