SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
The stupidity just never stops! I dropped through Subway to get a sub. This is what ensued...

Lady behind the counter: Yells to me coming in the door, "Gotta have a mask on to be in here."
Me: "Don't have one. Ya got one for me since you're requiring it?"
Lady behind the counter: "You can buy one next door."
Me: "What about the eight people sitting in here eating. They don't have masks on."
Lady behind the counter: "They don't have to have one on when they're eating."
Me: "And what's falling out of your mouth right now doesn't seem at all stupid to you?"
Lady behind the counter: "Gotta have a mask on to be in here."
Me: "Holy shit, I'm out!"

Any small measure of common sense or brain function is completely gone in this society. We are being overwhelmed with absolute fricking morons!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Gotta have a mask on to be in here."

That's my new approach.

I went to the grocery store the other day, not wearing a mask. I was about half way done with my shopping when a guy comes out from behind the meat counter and says "Sir, you've got to wear a mask."
Me: "I don't have one."
Clerk: "I'll get you one."

From now on, no more voluntary compliance. I'm not going to make a scene when approached, but I'm not going to make it easy for them. I'll make them bring me one before I put one on.
I still won't put it over by nose since it fogs up my glasses.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My little boy aged 6 has started T-Ball and they are full on stuck on stupid with the mask thing when you sign them up, then we get there and NO parents have a mask on and only one kid does along with the coaches who have to.

So we just ignore it and no one says a thing. WHY would you have a 6 or 7 year old child out there RUNNING around bases and doing drills with something restricting his breathing? It's completely insane to me. Doesn't even the CDC warn to NOT wear a mask when doing physical activities because it can be dangerous? Mad

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
You could spit in the mask like the scuba guys do.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
If I have a Karen question me about my mask and she/he is evenly slightly overweight I am going to reply I'm not concerned with covid just like they aren't concerned with heart disease. If I get the deer in the headlights look I will explain it to them.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
"Gotta have a mask on to be in here."

That's my new approach.

I went to the grocery store the other day, not wearing a mask. I was about half way done with my shopping when a guy comes out from behind the meat counter and says "Sir, you've got to wear a mask."
Me: "I don't have one."
Clerk: "I'll get you one."

From now on, no more voluntary compliance. I'm not going to make a scene when approached, but I'm not going to make it easy for them. I'll make them bring me one before I put one on.

Any grocer offering to provide you with a mask further shows how stupid things are. His/her touching the mask can easily contaminate it with virions and communicate said virus to anyone they give it to. Point that out next time and ask them if they wish to spread any virus thus.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do my grocery shopping at our local “Giant” and always use the hand-held scanner to scan my stuff when I pull it off the shelf and then put it into bags that I bring along.

Since the Covid hysteria started they turned off the random audit feature where every so often the store employee would have to come over and scan 7 - 10 items in your bags just to keep the peeps honest.

Well, after a full year of more of no random audits it’s been turned back on.

I had five full bags of items in my cart totaling about $135 or so when the random audit kicked in and the store employee came over to do her job of randomly scanning the items for the audit.

Before she started I politely warned her that she should not be touching my stuff as she had the Covid germs of the 500 customer’s before me on her hands and she was not ‘social distancing’ from me and asked if the audit could be skipped.

“No, I have to do this.” was her reply and she proceed to pull a few items out of every bag for the audit.

When she was done and told me that I could proceed to pay for my order I said ‘thanks but no thanks, please cancel the order’ due to her having her hands in my shopping bags and I pushed the cart off to the side and just left it there for them to deal with.

I don’t blame the store employee for doing what she is told do to.

The herd-mentality stupidity is astonishing.

Posts: 3480 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Cookster -- I agree with what you did, except for just walking out without the purchase. I would have found the store manager, explained why I was not making the purchase, and left the cart with him / her.

The employee did what she was told, she needs the paycheck. She can not make things change. Maybe the manager can make things change.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
V-Tail,

I actually did briefly talk with Asst. Mgr. before I left and explained why I was leaving my shopping cart full of stuff at the store, and I should have included this in my original post.

He was polite and apologetic for the inconvenience, and acknowledged the complete disconnect between their stores stated policies and the actual practice of them. He was very non-confrontational and has probably taken the course “How to effectively deal with a potentially irate and angry customer’s - 101”.

Rob

Posts: 3480 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
I'll just leave this here:
https://noqreport.com/2021/04/...vid/?utm_source=econ

Stanford study quietly published at NIH.gov proves face masks are absolutely worthless against Covid

Did you hear about the peer-reviewed study done by Stanford University that demonstrates beyond a reasonable doubt that face masks have absolutely zero chance of preventing the spread of Covid-19? No? It was posted on the National Center for Biotechnological Information government website. The NCBI is a branch of the National Institute for Health, so one would think such a study would be widely reported by mainstream media and embraced by the “science-loving” folks in Big Tech.

Instead, a DuckDuckGo search reveals it was picked up by ZERO mainstream media outlets and Big Tech tyrants will suspend people who post it, as political strategist Steve Cortes learned the hard way when he posted a Tweet that went against the face mask narrative. The Tweet itself featured a quote and a link that prompted Twitter to suspend his account, potentially indefinitely.

Music is mediator between spiritual and sensual life. ~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Posts: 2853 | Location: NE Ohio  | Registered: April 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
If I have a Karen question me about my mask and she/he is evenly slightly overweight I am going to reply I'm not concerned with covid just like they aren't concerned with heart disease. If I get the deer in the headlights look I will explain it to them.

You could also just bleat 'baaaaaa' back to them. If they look confused, just politely state that you were trying to be polite by trying to speak their language.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12723 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Be careful. I have heard that some Karens react physically when they are teased. Be aware that some also have LARGE boyfriends lurking in the background. Seriously in these times it is unwise to provoke anyone. You might end up on WORLDSTAR HIP HOP fight highlights.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthrob:

Stanford study quietly published at NIH.gov proves face masks are absolutely worthless against Covid

Did you hear about the peer-reviewed study done by Stanford University that demonstrates beyond a reasonable doubt that face masks have absolutely zero chance of preventing the spread of Covid-19? No? It was posted on the National Center for Biotechnological Information government website. The NCBI is a branch of the National Institute for Health, so one would think such a study would be widely reported by mainstream media and embraced by the “science-loving” folks in Big Tech.

Instead, a DuckDuckGo search reveals it was picked up by ZERO mainstream media outlets and Big Tech tyrants will suspend people who post it, as political strategist Steve Cortes learned the hard way when he posted a Tweet that went against the face mask narrative. The Tweet itself featured a quote and a link that prompted Twitter to suspend his account, potentially indefinitely.

They needed a study that non-standardized facemarks were worthless against a single-stranded naked RNA virus? I've been saying that since day one as it's pretty obvious to us scientists. It's also evident that the virus will become ubiquitous in society; vaccines will have very limited effectiveness given the COMMON rate of mutation for ss nkd RNA viruses.

I'm convinced more every day that the biggest fuckup was the lack of a pro-educational program by the Trump admin, in addition to providing free reign Medicare (which is ripe for corruption). He should have instituted a half hour to hour-long TV program every day at noon on all stations, educating people how viruses work, how medical diagnostics are translated/what they mean in a viral context and why certain measures are contrary to the public good. I LOVE TRUMP but he should have waged a war against the Leftist media who seized on the opportunity to hype the living shit out of a virus for ratings and political purposes. I am amazed at the lack of understanding even today and some of the bullshit I read on this forum and elsewhere concerning viruses / vaccines. One would think people would educate themselves but nope, have to turn to social media and create a different kind of sickness. Not directed at you synthrob, just need to rant this morning.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
quote:

They needed a study that non-standardized facemarks were worthless against a single-stranded naked RNA virus? I've been saying that since day one as it's pretty obvious to us scientists. It's also evident that the virus will become ubiquitous in society; vaccines will have very limited effectiveness given the COMMON rate of mutation for ss nkd RNA viruses.

I'm convinced more every day that the biggest fuckup was the lack of a pro-educational program by the Trump admin, in addition to providing free reign Medicare (which is ripe for corruption). He should have instituted a daily half hour to hour-long TV program every day at noon on all stations, educating people how viruses work, how medical diagnostics are translated/what they mean in a viral context and why certain measures are contrary to the public good. I LOVE TRUMP but he should have waged a war against the Leftist media who seized on the opportunity to hype the living shit out of a virus for ratings and political purposes. I am amazed at the lack of understanding even today and some of the bullshit I read on this forum and elsewhere concerning viruses. One would think people would educate themselves but nope, have to turn to social media and create a different kind of sickness. Not directed at you synthrob, just need to rant this morning.

That would have been brilliant!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
My little boy aged 6 has started T-Ball and they are full on stuck on stupid with the mask thing when you sign them up, then we get there and NO parents have a mask on and only one kid does along with the coaches who have to.

So we just ignore it and no one says a thing. WHY would you have a 6 or 7 year old child out there RUNNING around bases and doing drills with something restricting his breathing? It's completely insane to me. Doesn't even the CDC warn to NOT wear a mask when doing physical activities because it can be dangerous? Mad
If these morons wish to "follow the science", it is settled at this point that UV kills the coronavirus. And where would one find an abundance of UV rays????? Roll Eyes Yep, these people are stupid on steriods.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
They needed a study that non-standardized facemarks were worthless against a single-stranded naked RNA virus? I've been saying that since day one as it's pretty obvious to us scientists.

He should have instituted a half hour to hour-long TV program every day at noon on all stations, educating people how viruses work, how medical diagnostics are translated/what they mean in a viral context and why certain measures are contrary to the public good.
Ah, you assume people in general wish to 'learn' anything. I assure you, the majority don't. Much of the population has the attention span of a butterfly and even less intellect, so their only interest is to be spoon fed 10 second tidbits that feed their emotional response to everything in their lives. I jokingly suggested many pages back that if Fauci came out on CNN and suggested wiping dog crap on their faces in the morning would prevent the spread of the virus, I'd find people following my dogs around waiting for a 'prescription'.

Face it. A majority of this country is just too stupid to grasp anything more complex than reading a tweet, and then fretting about it continually. Reason, logic, intellect, and self sufficiency, have completely left the building at this point.

SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by synthrob:

Snip

I'm convinced more every day that the biggest fuckup was the lack of a pro-educational program by the Trump admin, in addition to providing free reign Medicare (which is ripe for corruption). He should have instituted a half hour to hour-long TV program every day at noon on all stations, educating people how viruses work, how medical diagnostics are translated/what they mean in a viral context and why certain measures are contrary to the public good. I LOVE TRUMP but he should have waged a war against the Leftist media who seized on the opportunity to hype the living shit out of a virus for ratings and political purposes. I am amazed at the lack of understanding even today and some of the bullshit I read on this forum and elsewhere concerning viruses / vaccines. One would think people would educate themselves but nope, have to turn to social media and create a different kind of sickness. Not directed at you synthrob, just need to rant this morning.

No problem, Dakor. I did not take it as directed at me and I agree with you.

Music is mediator between spiritual and sensual life. ~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Posts: 2853 | Location: NE Ohio  | Registered: April 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I wish I could say Tony Fauci was incompetent or just made bad decisions. That couldn't be farther from the truth. He knows exactly what he's doing.

When something doesn't make sense, look for the money.
At the very beginning of the Plandemic, the payoff was intentionally put in place to incentivize over reporting of Covid by Doctors, Hospitals and anyone else that would profit or benefit in some way. There is no shortage of morally bankrupt health care administrators, Doctors, etc., just like there is no shortage of Car dealers that would swindle the old lady on a fixed income into paying double the price on that new car.
The 500K+ covid death numbers are totally bogus. It's the same story in CANADA and everywhere else. Anyone who believes these numbers are anywhere close to accurate is brain dead.

At the highest levels, this whole scamdemic has nothing to do with political ideology. It has everything to do with corruption, greed, power and control that spans across ALL party lines.
Top Republicans, Military officials, Universities, Churches, much of Conservative main stream media (Fox for example), CEOs, etc. have been on board from the start. People have to get over the notion that this is just the Democrats and a left wing agenda. Sure...you have the lower level dupes that are recruited in to assist in the name of a cause and believe they are saving the planet or making Black lives matter. Much of this is the distraction.

The initial large scale payoffs were put in place by the CARES Act.
For example...the Catholic Church got 2 Billion dollars of (SMALL BUSINESS LOANS) to close the doors and keep their mouth shut.
https://apnews.com/article/cat...fea84902cd16f04e37b2

Most...if not all of the large corporations got these payoff/loans and will never have to pay it back.
Many other institutions around the Country also got so called "SMALL BUSINESS" payoffs masquerading as loans.
Who didn't get most of the small business loans? That would be most small businesses.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin from the Trump administration won’t say who got $511 billion in taxpayer-backed coronavirus loans. I'll repeat that number. 511 Billion of TAX PAYER MONEY and they are refusing to say who got it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com...d-coronavirus-loans/

You had countless thousands of true small sized businesses close the doors for good and these FUCKS are giving money to the largest Corporations and refusing to say who got it?
I've been a Trump supporter but I can't understand this one.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Spotted in NYC:

We are going to have an entire generation of people who will be afraid to even go near another person the longer this dystopian shit continues. Mad

Notice how the “Best” ones are double masked?

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"The sheep says: baaaaaaaaaaah!!"

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post