SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Relates to the lockdowns and economic effects.

Former Navy SEAL...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFYL5Ksix4A

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
^^^

I wonder if he has anything planned in 4 years...I like his straight forward style...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6319 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
^^^

I wonder if he has anything planned in 4 years...I like his straight forward style...

I doubt the GOP/Rhino's will allow Dan into their inner circle. Too bad - I like him.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
It’s funny how a politician from Texas has to be the one to come to the aid of ultra-left California. I’d love to see California go into open revolt, but I just don’t see it happening.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Alrighty then!

China flight attendants advised to wear diapers for Covid protection

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Alrighty then!

China flight attendants advised to wear diapers for Covid protection

Don't give our idiots any ideas.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Comrade Wolf has just issued a slew of fresh UKASES (link to PennLive) which will surely kill off 100’s of additional businesses, thus ruining the dreams, incomes, livelihoods and the future of untold thousands of Pennsylvanian’s.

All this intentional destruction and mischief over an illness that a majority of the general population has a 99.96% chance of recovering from.

SCOTUS has previously ruled that Wolf’s oppressive orders were unconstitutional, but an asshole like him doesn’t give a crap about no steenking Constitution.

I am beyond words for the rage and hate that I hold towards these Progressive scumbag fucktards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cookster,

Posts: 3480 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ If only everyone shared that same rage, or at least indifference, towards these dickless tyrants, they'd be powerless. Open your businesses, throw away your masks, go on with your lives, and give these assholes the finger who are trying to take away your livelihoods. It's not the first person who does it though who matters. It's the second person to do it. And then the third. And the fourth. The defiance must spread. I try to do my part, but most times I feel like a pilgrim in an unholy land.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I hope Wolf dies a horrible, horrible death. Soon.

Asshole has COVID apparently, and I hope he dies of it.

I mean that with every fiber of my being and I will not apologize for the sentiment.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made pretty good money in Pennsylvania. Plenty overtime, biannual pay raise's and good benefits.

But when a Democrat took office as Governor (Fast Eddie Rendell), one of first move's he made was a freeze on supervisor OT. No more time and a half, cash. Comp time, only.

I then saw the handwriting on the wall and counted by days to retirement.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The longer this goes on the more I am convinced that a bunch of people need to be sacrificed for the good of the country. A small price to pay.

Posts: 53188 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After two days of testing positive for the ChiCom flu, comrade asshole has now tested negative.

I wonder if any reporter’s will have the balls to ask him how many of the spike in cases were mis-diagnosed?!

Posts: 3480 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Seems like hundreds of pages back there was a post (a very good one IMO) regarding difference between "cases" and positive tests, and how most every other medical diagnosis required a set of clinical guidelines to be met. Covid has no such standard thus inflating numbers. It is not easy to learn if any false positives are removed, what that % might be, if symptomatic people are counted separately as a subset, or what percentage are repeat tests.

Anybody know?

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
Seems like hundreds of pages back there was a post (a very good one IMO) regarding difference between "cases" and positive tests, and how most every other medical diagnosis required a set of clinical guidelines to be met. Covid has no such standard thus inflating numbers. It is not easy to learn if any false positives are removed, what that % might be, if symptomatic people are counted separately as a subset, or what percentage are repeat tests.

Anybody know?

Prior to SARS-CoV-2, "cases" have always been associated with clinical signs and any testing was considered confirmatory. Regarding the current qRT-PCR testing under the FDA's EUA, the cycle threshold(CT) is 40. The best available data we have is that you can't culture the virus from samples that are positive with a CT over 35. So any "positive case" is non-infective and no danger to anyone - a classic "false positive. Most labs DO NOT report the CT when they transmit the results of the test so there is no way to remove those false positives from the data. Recognizing the problem, Florida recently passed a law requiring that the labs include the CT in the lab results. Every state should do that and anyone testing "positive", even with clinical signs should demand the CT for their results to get an idea of their viral load. Under 25, you likely have a high viral load and may want to explore more aggressive treatment and isolation measures.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Thank you. While that helps it also leaves me with other thoughts.

Am I understanding correctly that there is a standard in the CT result which is "positive" even if it is 5 away from being an infectious person? Red Face Granted I do not know what the cycle threshold (CT) scale represents but it seems a little like 5 under the speed limit would get you a speeding ticket w/o telling you why. Roll Eyes

AND ... Florida is the only state which requires the CT reading (with few others reporting)? Are we really shutting down again because (sarcastic analogy-on) our officials say we have a fever, but no one will tell us what the exact temperature is? 98.8 is not the same as 102.5, right?

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Lets see, COVID vs vodka....Uhhh....so what that means is that no one in Russia will be taking the vaccine

quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://justthenews.com/politi...er-receiving-vaccine

Russian health officials are warning citizens that their newly developed Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine could strain the body if mixed with alcohol during the first two months of vaccination.

/snip

Popova also added that the intake of alcohol should stop two weeks prior to being vaccinated.

/snip

What the hell is this "vaccine" doing to the liver?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
do we have any idea if someone has had teh virus, tetsed postive and then test neg can they still pass it on to another person???

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
^^^^ Thank you. While that helps it also leaves me with other thoughts.

Am I understanding correctly that there is a standard in the CT result which is "positive" even if it is 5 away from being an infectious person? Red Face Granted I do not know what the cycle threshold (CT) scale represents but it seems a little like 5 under the speed limit would get you a speeding ticket w/o telling you why. Roll Eyes

AND ... Florida is the only state which requires the CT reading (with few others reporting)? Are we really shutting down again because (sarcastic analogy-on) our officials say we have a fever, but no one will tell us what the exact temperature is? 98.8 is not the same as 102.5, right?

It's exponential. Each cycle amplifies the result by a factor of 2. The difference between 2^35 and 2^40 is 2^5 or 32x higher.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Tests....I don't know what to believe.
One of my grandsons was feeling a little sick, fever, nausea. Got him in for covid test (took two days) came back positive.
He was only sick for a day and a half.
Dept. of health called said to quarantine till 12/18 and test everyone in house.
The other four people in the house and myself got tested all negative.
If its so damn contagious why was everyone else negative?
Was my grandson test a false positive?
And quarantine from 11/28 till 12/18.
Also dept of health wanted all the households names and phone number.
I would have thought that someone in the house would have caught it.
Will never know.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
How old is grandson? It could be that his strong immune system knocked down the virus before it had a chance to become contagious.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post