SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Things could always be worse - instead of an unreliable test you could be one of the initial vaccine recipients in Australia that got a little something extra with their miracle vaccine - HIV. Eek

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^

They didn't get HIV. The vaccine caused a false positive HIV test result

Posts: 8961 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I am of the opinion that whether masks work or not they are an easy enough placebo and if it makes other folks feel better so be it.
Except for one thing. It's not my damn job to make you or anyone else feel better. For the umpteenth time, I don't give a damn how people feel. You live your life and I'll live mine.

And 'if' masks truly accomplished anything, wouldn't the new case counts in these urban areas that have been rabid about enforcing mask wearing be lower than places that are lax on mask wearing? Yet they're not, and in many instances, the case counts are higher in areas where mask wearing has been enforced. This 'mass' masking BS has got to be hands down the dumbest thing American sheep have fallen for. I can't wait to see what absurdity comes next. "The CDC now recommends people wipe their faces with K9 feces to prevent the spread of the Covonavirus." Ya wanna bet me how many people would truly look like shit after that recommendation came out?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am of the opinion that whether masks work or not they are an easy enough placebo and if it makes other folks feel better so be it.

Someone else’s placebo may be a nightmare for others. Imagine how someone with claustrophobia feels about being told they should mask up to appease some fuckwit. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that you’ve never experienced a panic attack, have PTSD, or understand the crushing anxiety that comes with restricted airflow. Yeah, nah yeah. Fuck no it’s not my job to make someone else “feel” safer!

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Except for one thing. It's not my damn job to make you or anyone else feel better. For the umpteenth time, I don't give a damn how people feel. You live your life and I'll live mine.

And 'if' masks truly accomplished anything, wouldn't the new case counts in these urban areas that have been rabid about enforcing mask wearing be lower than places that are lax on mask wearing? Yet they're not, and in many instances, the case counts are higher in areas where mask wearing has been enforced. This 'mass' masking BS has got to be hands down the dumbest thing American sheep have fallen for. I can't wait to see what absurdity comes next. "The CDC now recommends people wipe their faces with K9 feces to prevent the spread of the Covonavirus." Ya wanna bet me how many people would truly look like shit after that recommendation came out?

I agree totally. If masks work so well, then there should not be these large spikes in case numbers. So, we are being lied to once more about either the number of cases or the masks. In my opinion it is more likely lies about both. Just follow the money and it is clear. As far as "making someone feel safer"...that is pure PC b.s.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

1-I haven’t been able to breathe or smell since like 1983. Slapping a mask on isn’t exactly fun. Well except the red one where I get to run around yelling COBRA!!!! But I digress. Also for the record....panic attack....yes. Asthma yes....hospital visit wearing a lovely shade of blue...yes.

2-I wasn’t saying you should or have to wear a mask. I was saying that at least for me personally it’s a simple ask and if I can make somebody else feel better I am ok with that.

3-I am a true live and let live guy. You do you, I do me. We don’t have to agree but we should respect each other’s choices. I CERTAINLY wouldn’t give you shit for not wearing a mask. Hell I haven’t walked in your shoes. My point was if I was wearing a mask and saw you not wearing a mask e the last thing I would do is call you out. Worst case if I was “terrified” I’d give you a wide birth.

All I was saying is that for me personally wearing a mask is a simple enough thing to do even if it just makes somebody feel better. It’s the repressed nice guy in me. I am not saying if somebody doesn’t feel the same way they are “ EBIL”

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
^^^^

Ok - that's better. So that would mean that there is some trace of HIV in the original COVID host that would trigger this false positive?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:
^^^^

Ok - that's better. So that would mean that there is some trace of HIV in the original COVID host that would trigger this false positive?

No. Just that the molecular signature the HIV test looks for is similar enough to trigger the false positive. That in no way implies that it actually contains proteins from HIV and certainly doesn't mean there's even a remote chance you'd get HIV.

Posts: 8961 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:
^^^^

No. Just that the molecular signature the HIV test looks for is similar enough to trigger the false positive. That in no way implies that it actually contains proteins from HIV and certainly doesn't mean there's even a remote chance you'd get HIV.

This is why medical professionals' knowledge and opinions should matter. Graniteguy (and people like him) can and do jump to conclusions based upon rumor and in doing so, spread rumors. Science is complicated and it should be recognized that all of us need to rely more upon actual medical professionals' opinions so we can make informed decisions.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:

I agree totally. If masks work so well, then there should not be these large spikes in case numbers. So, we are being lied to once more about either the number of cases or the masks. In my opinion it is more likely lies about both. Just follow the money and it is clear. As far as "making someone feel safer"...that is pure PC b.s.

Mask requirements are horse shit and we all know it. They are at best less than 50% effective at stopping transmission. If you are forced to wear one to enter an establishment(they are private property after all and can impose whatever they want), just do what I do: wear a chin diaper. My nose is ALWAYS exposed, and much of the time so is my mouth. So far, not one person has told me I need to cover up to my nose and if they do, I’m telling them to cram it. I’m in compliance and if they don’t like it, they can call the cops.

The gym I work out in does not subscribe to the WV governors recent “mandatory mask while indoors at a place of business” order. And I see the same faces every day I’m there. No sick folks, no piles of dead bodies, nothing.

It’s a control shell game, plain and simple. I’m not playing it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have fought and rebelled against the mask idiocy from the very beginning. I will not do it and I do not understand the "I wear a mask for others" reasoning. Why on earth would someone do something they knew was stupid and a lie to make some idiot feel better? It absolutely disgusts me to know that so many sheep just dropped to their knees and obeyed. Every time I go to a store I want to jump on a podium and say "Am I the only one here with enough balls to walk around without a diaper on my face?" I can't look at people anymore without wanting to grab that mask and choke them with it.
Oh, and this trust the medical professionals shit, like the esteemed Dr Fauci? Fuck these worthless bastards and everyone who does trust them. We just had an election stolen from us, thanks to using a fake flu and every stupid motherfucker who bought into the hysteria.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
All of the horseshit about doing something so others feel safe is a bunch of dribble coming out of the mouths of mindless zombies:

Please go ask the maskholes if they are willing to get their CCW permit and carry a gun whenever they're in public so it makes others feel safe!

Their answer is a resounding NO.... Surprise

OK, how about asking them to put down their cellphones while driving? No texting. No Farcebooking or Instawhoring or Twattering going down the road or while sitting at a stoplight....You know, if it saves just one life, it's worth it Roll Eyes

Also NO.... Well fuck me! Who woulda thought that people are so blatantly blasé about the safety of themselves and others. That's how I can tell you that none of these fuckers actually care about you, me, or any other living beings besides themselves.

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:I can't look at people anymore without wanting to grab that mask and choke them with it.

While your chances of dying of Covid are small, your chances of having a stroke seem pretty high if you're that worked up about what other people are doing. You have no idea if that person you want to choke is going home to a loved one who is undergoing chemo. They may be doing the best they can and will take whatever minimal advantage a mask gives them.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
You have no idea if that person you want to choke is going home to a loved one who is undergoing chemo. They may be doing the best they can and will take whatever minimal advantage a mask gives them.

2 way street there. As long as they aren't demanding anything of me, we're good. If they start harping about me killing someone, totally different ballgame.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
You have no idea if that person you want to choke is going home to a loved one who is undergoing chemo. They may be doing the best they can and will take whatever minimal advantage a mask gives them.

2 way street there. As long as they aren't demanding anything of me, we're good. If they start harping about me killing someone, totally different ballgame.

Agree 100%. Mind our own business and move on.

posted Hide Post
Oregon wants to deny $62 million in COVID relief to residents who aren't black, sparking a lawsuit

https://justthenews.com/govern...arent-black-sparking

A lawsuit alleges the Oregon Legislature Emergency Board acted unconstitutionally when it declared that $62 million of a $200 million government fund to help small businesses hit by COVID-19 could only go to black-owned businesses or black families.

Maria Garcia, owner of the Revolucion Coffee House in Portland, applied for some of that $62 million allotment, called the Oregon Cares Fund, but was denied because she doesn’t “identify as Black.” Under the program, black families are reportedly eligible for up to $3,000 and black-owned businesses for up to $100,000 in government funds.

She was reportedly denied relief because her business “does not meet the criteria because 0% of its owners identify as Black,” prompting Garcia to sue in federal court, arguing the 14th Amendment’s Equal Protection Clause has been violated.

James Huffman, professor and dean emeritus at Lewis & Clark Law School, told Just the News he has communicated with Garcia’s attorney about the case, and Huffman wrote a Wall Street Journal op-ed supporting Garcia titled “Oregon’s Segregated Covid Relief Fund Is Blatantly Unconstitutional.”

Huffman joined Just the News AM program on Friday to discuss the case.

“It violates the Equal Protection Clause of the U.S. Constitution that requires that people who are similarly situated be treated similarly,” Huffman said. “And she is clearly similarly-situated to a black-owned restaurant. She has her own coffee house, and she's been denied denied funds explicitly because she does not qualify as black.”

Huffman said while Oregon has a compelling interest to end any state discrimination against black Americans, he said the Oregon Cares Fund has not proven that all blacks and black businesses have been discriminated against by the state, especially relative to businesses owned by people of other races.

“I think there are important things that we can do and should do to correct for past discrimination,” Huffman said. “But I think the problem here is that the law is very clear, under the constitution, that you can't treat one person differently from another, unless they are different in reasons relevant to the government program. So, I certainly think it's easy for her to be portrayed as anti-black, but she certainly is not, she's just saying that because her business is in the same position as others affected by the COVID virus, she should be as entitled to these funds as anybody else.”

Huffman said the Supreme Court “has been very clear” in the context of school admissions and employment regarding affirmative action: “affirmative action steps are allowed, they're permitted, but you cannot have quotas, and that's the core problem with this,” he said. “This is clearly a quota, it's $62 million out of $200 million, that are available only for one group of people. So I think that's where the law really stumbles.”

Huffman said his reading of case law suggests that using more discrimination to try to rectify past discrimination is not constitutional.

“As Chief Justice Roberts said in a case, a couple of years ago, the way to stop discriminating on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race. so I think the state simply has to figure out ways to help the people who need help,” Huffman said.

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Just to lighten things up a bit...

Governors Give New Lock-down Restrictions from Houseparty

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24120 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
American Medical Association Rescinds Previous Statement Against Prescription of Hydroxychloroquine to COVID-19 Patients (however, still finds orange man to be bad)...

CHICAGO, IL – The American Medical Association (AMA), in a surprising move, has officially rescinded a previous statement against the use of Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) in the treatment of COVID-19 patients, giving physicians the okay to return to utilizing the medication at their discretion.

Previously, the AMA had issued a statement in March that was highly critical of HCQ in regards to its use as a proposed treatment by some physicians in the early stages of COVID-19. In addition to discouraging doctors from ordering the medication in bulk for “off-label” use – HCQ is typically used to treat diseases such as malaria – they also claimed that there was no proof that it was effective in treating COVID, and that its use could be harmful in some instances.

However, on page 18 of a recent AMA memo, issued on October 30, (resolution 509, page 3)https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/2020-10/nov20-handbook-addendum.pdf the organization officially reversed their stance on HCQ, stating that its potential for good currently may supersede the threat of any potential harmful side effects.

So, there we have it. HZQ could not be approved before the election, because President Trump had recommended it. Meanwhile, with an 8o +% reduced risk of having to be admitted to the hospital if administered with Azitromycine and Zinc as soon as testing positive or symptoms occurred, many (70000+) lives could have been saved.

https://lenbilen.com/2020/12/1...o-covid-19-patients/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
Science is complicated and it should be recognized that all of us need to rely more upon actual medical professionals' opinions so we can make informed decisions.
Except for one little thing. The number one overwhelming cause of death in this country is medical screw ups and failures. Nothing else even comes close. What I've learned over the 50+ years I've been walking around is the human body is so complex, these 'experts' are doing little more than guessing much of the time, with the mortuary companies being the prime beneficiaries of their 'expert' treatment. And their guessing on Covid has been wrong about 80%+ of the time so far. So the opinions of these 'experts' like Her Fauci don't carry much weight with a large subset of the population. The sheep however happily bleat and comply with everything they are told to do as they have completely forgotten their birth right as Americans.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post