SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
And their guessing on Covid has been wrong about 80%+ of the time so far. So the opinions of these 'experts' like Her Fauci don't carry much weight with a large subset of the population. The sheep however happily bleat and comply.
This is why I refer to "medicine" as more of an art, than a science.

I've dumped a fair amount of money into doctors in my life so they can "eliminate possible causes" for my ailments. I get it, I do similar things when I'm troubleshooting equipment, but I don't call it science when I've finally figured it out. Razz

As for HCQ, that was straight up politics, smdh.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:

At SUNY Stony Brook on New York’s Long Island, $155.5 million was spent on a temporary hospital...

FWIW... they started tearing them down this week in anticipation of the big north east snow storm. Apparently they're not rated for snow. (which I don't understand since they have HVAC. Tear them down because they MIGHT not hold the snow? What's the difference?)

I wonder what they would have done had there ever actually been any patients in them? "Get your coat, you're cured, it's gonna snow!"
Who knew, snow cures Covid.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The number one overwhelming cause of death in this country is medical screw ups and failures. Nothing else even comes close.

This has been reported by numerous monthly, weekly and daily print news sources for over 20 years. But the Medical professionals who "practice" medicine still have a GOD like reputation.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

It’s a significant number, but not #1.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
At SUNY Stony Brook on New York’s Long Island, $155.5 million was spent on a temporary hospital...

$155.5 million for a temporary facility?? Eek Good golly!!

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Sarcasm + truth =

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...Ga8&feature=youtu.be

$.02 worth,
Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^^^That's OK because you can still share your views and ideas with like minded people on social media.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
feersum dreadnaught:
Sundance was talking about that yesterday:

Illegitimate Government and Control Mechanisms Require The Elimination of Communication, FIGHT IT

It is not coincidental that bars and taverns have been targeted for closure and control under the auspices of 2020’s COVID-19 fear and mitigation.

It is not coincidental that churches and fellowship gatherings have been targeted for closure and control under the auspices of COVID-19 fear and mitigation. Both of these assembly points and gathering places have a deep history within the American rebellion.

The Sons of Liberty plotted rebellion in the public houses of Boston such as the Green Dragon Tavern, which began operation as early as 1712.

Members of the St. Andrew’s Lodge of Freemasons, which included Paul Revere and Dr. Joseph Warren, purchased the Green Dragon Tavern in 1764 to use as their headquarters.

In the fall of 1774, Revere, Warren, Samuel Adams, John Hancock and other members of the Sons of Liberty met in secret at the tavern to exchange intelligence gathered on the movement of British soldiers in and around Boston. By some accounts the plot for the Boston Tea Party was also hatched inside.

So pivotal were the secret meetings inside the Green Dragon Tavern that statesman Daniel Webster called it “the headquarters of the Revolution.” (link)

Fast forward 250 years later and the modern rebellion against leftist authoritarianism is now facing an identical issue. Individual members of the rebel alliance are having to use covert methods just to meet and discuss issues, grievances and concerns about liberty.

Additionally, modern social media communication has been intentionally throttled. As seen in the recent actions by Google/YouTube any challenge to the command and control authority will not be permitted. Any voices who raise questions about the legitimacy of our government will be silenced. The effort to block communication is happening in real places (bars and taverns) and in the digital space (the internet).

Less than a week after the November 3rd election our own voice was targeted to be silenced. Our Treehouse gathering place was razed by big tech, WordPress/Automattic, for violating opaque terms of service – for which they could not provide a single example.

As an illegitimate government intends to extend its power to control We The People, we would be wise to understand the purpose of cutting communication lines and attempting to isolate us. In the bigger picture any war strategy is more effective when the communication lines are disrupted. Do not doubt this is an actual war against the core principles of freedom and liberty.

The totalitarians have a strategy, and a big part of that strategy is to isolate us from assembling against their interests. This is why fellowship is so critical and all efforts to remain in communication must remain a primary focus.

Ultimately what the collective weight of progressiveness is putting upon us is isolation. There are so many historic references to this strategic sentiment it is disconcerting to review with hindsight.

We are not sages, but we saw this coming…. we just didn’t know the entry vector that would be used to accomplish the final stages of diminished freedom and individual liberty. As we look at the current COVID-19 mandates and dictates one cannot easily dismiss the weaponized use of a virus to attain division under the guise of “social distancing.”

When we initially asked the question: “where would you choose to live“, we had no idea a virus would be purposeful to enhance the objectives of social engineering, isolation and ultimately, painfully, oppression. Oblivious to the grand design, we allowed a seemingly disparate network of big tech companies to control communication. The COVID aspect now generates in the physical world exactly the same distance created in the digital world.

In/around July it was obvious in my travels we were on the precipice of a disconnect from human interaction that would numb our psyche to what ultimately matters, fellowship.

Not only are various governmental agencies forcing the separation of people from their community networks, we are also seeing faith-based organizations, churches, buying into the fear. Even in areas where churches are not forcibly shut down, many are seeing a structural shift where some faith leaders are willingly ostracizing their community under the guise of various COVID alarms. This is not good... not good at all.

https://theconservativetreehou...munication-fight-it/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Top Catholic Cardinal Warns COVID-19 Being Used to Usher in “Evil” Great Reset

Cardinal Raymond Burke, one of the most powerful Catholics in the United States, gave a homily in which he savaged “secular forces” who want to “make us slaves to their godless and murderous agenda.”

“Then there is the mysterious Wuhan virus about whose nature and prevention the mass media daily give us conflicting information,” said Burke. “What is clear, however, is that it has been used by certain forces, inimical to families and to the freedom of nations, to advance their evil agenda. These forces tell us that we are now the subjects of the so-called ‘Great Reset,’ the ‘new normal,’ which is dictated to us by their manipulation of citizens and nations through ignorance and fear.”

The Cardinal also slammed the United States’ fealty to China as a dangerous threat to Christian identity in America.

“To attain economic gains, we as a nation have permitted ourselves to become dependent upon the Chinese Communist Party, an ideology totally opposed to the Christian foundations upon which families and our nation remain safe and prosper,” he said.

Burke, who sits on the Church’s Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura, the highest judicial authority in the Catholic Church, is not the first prominent figure in the Catholic Church to warn about the dark objectives behind the Great Reset.

As we highlighted back in November, Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò wrote an open letter to President Trump claiming that the COVID-19 pandemic is part of a plot to impose a “health dictatorship.”

“We see heads of nations and religious leaders pandering to this suicide of Western culture and its Christian soul, while the fundamental rights of citizens and believers are denied in the name of a health emergency that is revealing itself more and more fully as instrumental to the establishment of an inhuman faceless tyranny,” wrote Viganò.

https://summit.news/2020/12/18...in-evil-great-reset/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I wish these folks would stay out of politics.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
Science is complicated and it should be recognized that all of us need to rely more upon actual medical professionals' opinions so we can make informed decisions.
Except for one little thing. The number one overwhelming cause of death in this country is medical screw ups and failures. Nothing else even comes close. What I've learned over the 50+ years I've been walking around is the human body is so complex, these 'experts' are doing little more than guessing much of the time, with the mortuary companies being the prime beneficiaries of their 'expert' treatment. And their guessing on Covid has been wrong about 80%+ of the time so far. So the opinions of these 'experts' like Her Fauci don't carry much weight with a large subset of the population. The sheep however happily bleat and comply with everything they are told to do as they have completely forgotten their birth right as Americans.

Your anecdotal claim that "the number one overwhelming cause of death in this country is medical screw ups and failures" is shaky at best and unsupported by actual evidence when weighed against the numbers of those who die of heart disease and cancer. How many people live longer and better because medical procedures and medicines are available now that didn't exist a hundred years or more ago? Want a world without antibiotics? Yea, lets see how that works! How about preventative medicine that tells us what substances can kill us or at least shorten our lives? Roll Eyes

Name ONE human endeavor that has a perfect history. Name ONE medical procedure or FDA approved drug that doesn't have potentially serious side effects. Don't like vaccines because they have potential side effects? Okay, but how does a case or a few million cases of smallpox hit you as the alternative? How about another pandemic of polio? If you're bitten by a rabid animal, are you going to reject the vaccine developed to combat this nearly 100% fatal virus because it may have serious side effects?

Medicine like the rule of law can be used improperly, but without it and the imperfection associated it how would our lives be? Medicine and the rule of law has greatly improved our lives as a whole.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I wish these folks would stay out of politics.

When governments started shutting down church services and prohibiting people from worshipping and even going so far as ticketing and arresting people for doing so, they have every damn right to wade into politics.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'm with you Alan. And by saying that, he's waging a war against his boss....the leftist pope.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38600 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Then there is the mysterious Wuhan virus about whose nature and prevention the mass media daily give us conflicting information,” said Burke. “What is clear, however, is that it has been used by certain forces, inimical to families and to the freedom of nations, to advance their evil agenda. These forces tell us that we are now the subjects of the so-called ‘Great Reset,’ the ‘new normal,’ which is dictated to us by their manipulation of citizens and nations through ignorance and fear.”

It's pretty challenging to find fault with the above statement.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Name ONE human endeavor that has a perfect history. Name ONE medical procedure or FDA approved drug that doesn't have potentially serious side effects. Don't like vaccines because they have potential side effects? Okay, but how does a case of smallpox hit you as the alternative? How about another pandemic of polio? If you're bitten by a rabid animal, are you going to reject the vaccine developed to combat this nearly 100% fatal virus because it may have serious side effects?

Medicine like the rule of law can be used improperly, but without it and the imperfection associated it how would our lives be? Medicine and the rule of law has greatly improved our lives as a whole.

Except we're not talking about smallpox. We're not talking about polio. We're talking about a virus that, what...99.7% of those infected typically have no ill lasting effects?

And you're asking us to trust people who have been universally wrong about damn near everything associated with Covid. Damn near everything. None have been more wrong than the exalted Dr. Fauci (peace be upon him), and yet people are still listening to him. Our betters these white lab coat dictators they are not.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé: We're talking about a virus that, what...99.7% of those infected typically have no ill lasting effects?

The statistics of this disease will take years to compile, but I think that's WAY off. It may represent the death rate, but certainly doesn't account for all lasting effects. I think it's become pretty clear that there are additional cases that suffer some degree of lung or vascular damage among those sick enough to be hospitalized. I'm guessing the individuals that were hospitalized and survived would have preferred to be healthy and at home. There was just a story about a White House security officer who lost a toe on one foot and the lower part of his other leg. Not among the .3% dead, but sure as heck not back to normal.

I don't care if you get the vaccine or not and definitely don't think it should be mandatory for everyone, but it's not quite as benign as the mortality statistics would imply.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ I'm with you Alan. And by saying that, he's waging a war against his boss....the leftist pope.

Yes, and I sure hope someone like Cardinal Raymond Burke or Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò emerge victorious in the next Papal enclave. Francis is a globalist and a commie.

-rduckwor

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Name ONE human endeavor that has a perfect history. Name ONE medical procedure or FDA approved drug that doesn't have potentially serious side effects. Don't like vaccines because they have potential side effects? Okay, but how does a case of smallpox hit you as the alternative? How about another pandemic of polio? If you're bitten by a rabid animal, are you going to reject the vaccine developed to combat this nearly 100% fatal virus because it may have serious side effects?

Except we're not talking about smallpox. We're not talking about polio. We're talking about a virus that, what...99.7% of those infected typically have no ill lasting effects?

And you're asking us to trust people who have been universally wrong about damn near everything associated with Covid. Damn near everything. None have been more wrong than the exalted Dr. Fauci (peace be upon him), and yet people are still listening to him. Our betters these white lab coat dictators they are not.

Dr. Fauci is ONE person. There are far more medical professionals here in the US and abroad that are studying this disease, assess it's danger level, and create vaccines to deal with it. You're as wrong to point the finger at me as asking you to trust "people" (encompassing thousands involved) as you are to insist that "they" (who the fuck are "they"?) were "universally wrong." Do we rely on your assessment or every medical professional that you seem to believe is part of a conspiracy to lead us into a dictatorship? Roll Eyes

Earlier this week, I had a meeting with an MD that happens to be an infectious disease specialist that's treated me for a condition over several years. The doctor has been involved in research as well as treating patients for decades. We talked about how much progress has been made regarding the use of RNA and DNA technology over just the last FIVE YEARs. It's this knowledge and technology that's led to the development of the vaccines being offered now.

I suppose I could just go along to get along with YOUR assessment of the extent of the threat posed by COVID, but our ICU facilities here in Arizona are just about maxed out with seriously infected patients. Our closest hospitals are staffed with people, some of whom I know personally that I trust because I know them from outside of their profession as honorable people. My infectious disease specialist isn't just a medical professional and my doctor, he's wheelchair confined and one of the last "iron lung" patients who was infected by polio. He got into the medical profession because of his personal experience, but he (like those others I know) are all (according to your assessment) supposed to be unworthy of trust because they (again according to YOU) have been "universally wrong"??? Roll Eyes

Painting with such a broad-brush is a sign of ignorance and paranoia. As I've said before, nothing done by humans is perfect in it's entirety. Fauci certainly isn't perfect and his abilities as a national manager for this pandemic should be closely scrutinized, BUT labeling everyone involved whose knowledge of medicine, epidemiology, and pharmaceuticals as being incompetent, corrupt, or unqualified is totally unwarranted.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I would agree that a broad brush is unfair. There are many who act with academic and professional integrity.

However, my perception of people today is that they don’t follow a normal distribution and the population is heavily biased toward those who seek fame, fortune, agenda or some combination thereof while severely compromising their integrity.

That’s the real pandemic of our times.

I will trust individual people. I won’t trust a group or industry or consortium.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post