SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
The success of telecommuting during COVID-19 is going to change how private and the public sectors conduct business.

Posts: 12466 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
The success of telecommuting during COVID-19 is going to change how private and the public sectors conduct business.

Very true, HQ office were big and beautiful to show success now many companies are realizing that overhead is not needed.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Our country's leftist city leaders, in an attempt to destroy this President, have instead likely destroyed themselves irreparably for the foreseeable future.

Like Captain Tupilev arrogantly firing his torpedoes at Marko Ramius with the safeties removed, the democrats hatred of Trump doesn't allow them to see past their own misguided ambitions, and it just circles back and destroys them instead.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
long article

NYC IS DEAD FOREVER. HERE'S WHY

Rush for days has been talking about why these cities aren't coming back.

And, they will be blaming Trump, and begging for bailouts, when in fact it's their governors and mayors that caused it.

Hey, I've got an idea - let's put the people with covid in nursing homes.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Make lefties heads go boom like Scanners... Ask fun questions.

Since we have to have total mail in voting because of the ‘Rona, what other civil rights should be permitted via mail?

Can we get guns via mail order again? Why should our citizens be forced to brave illness and death in order to purchase their 2nd Amendment guaranteed arms?”

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This concept that big cities are going to feel some significant, and permanent, long term negative impact because of COVID-19 sort of caught me by surprise.

After reading about NYC, here is an article about San Francisco:

https://hotair.com/archives/ja...scape-san-francisco/

There is an exodus out of San Francisco, and the numbers are staggering.

Online real estate company Zillow released new statistics shining a stark light on the issue this week. Their “2020 Urban-Suburban Market Report” reveals that inventory has risen a whopping 96% year-on-year, as empty homes in the city flood the market like nowhere else in America.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The exodus was triggered by COVID-19 but there has been a growing level of unhappiness in big cities because DEMs have let the cities become almost lawless.

Thugs reign as militant occupiers and they are allowed to go unpunished. This discussion of big cities would be equally at home in the "Riots in America ..." thread.

The transformation our country will undergo could be staggering. I don't know how things will look 10 years from now, but I am feeling we will see change that will present an astounding number of challenges and opportunities. Perhaps we are like those people on the beach gazing at the horizon and not realizing the Tsunami is heading to shore.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Every dark cloud has a silver lining. The idea that this overblown virus bullshit and the associated leftist policies will devastate these filthy anthill major cities is a beautiful thought.

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Our country's leftist city leaders, in an attempt to destroy this President, have instead likely destroyed themselves irreparably for the foreseeable future.

Like Captain Tupilev arrogantly firing his torpedoes at Marko Ramius with the safeties removed, the democrats hatred of Trump doesn't allow them to see past their own misguided ambitions, and it just circles back and destroys them instead.

Like the much fabled terrorist whose IED-bearing drone ran low on battery and circled back to its origin.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
These governments will watch the planet burn to get rid of Trump and his supporters, all this, COVID restrictions, Russiagate, et all shows how far they are willing to go for their agenda.

And it's clearly far....

And perhaps how much their agenda has been threatened. The game now is to scare every voter into abandoning Trump because the cost of having him is too high.

We've been discussing this in the cigar infused, John Wick, action movie filled, non sports man cave.

Maybe NYC will be walled off, filled with convicts and we'll have to send Snake Plissken in...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you don't want to invest the full 52 minutes, pick it up at about the 15 minute mark.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Good video, but probably because I agree with what he says. I don't think there was anything he said that a group of forum members haven't already pointed out in this thread which is a compliment to those members. I wish I could put my thoughts together as clearly, but I'm probably a midwit.

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The things which have been said in this thread are spread across 600 pages. Could you read and assimilate 12,000 posts in 52 minutes?

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Excellent presentation.

Please pass the jellybeans...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Absolutely not. I've read the thread. I wouldn't be able to summarize it as well, hence the self-deprecating humor calling myself a midwit.

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Our IT dept has been working remote for about six months without skipping a beat. Our office lease is up for renewal in November. I'll be shocked it gets renewed.
IT departments aren't exactly a yardstick by which to measure the working from home crowd by. I have two friends who both own small businesses. Both of them have told me that when this Covid BS is over, 'all' of their employees are coming back in house, or the ones that refuse will be replaced. Apparently both gentlemen have had nothing but continual problems and complaints about employees being inaccessible and/or completely unprepared in dealing with clients, and both are pretty much over it already.

For those of us who've worked remote for the majority of our professional careers, we know it takes a particular kind of diligence and organizational abilities to thrive in a remote setting. I would assert 'most' people do not possess those skills. So will Covid change the workplace? Sure. But will it result in a majority of employees working from home afterward? Personally, I think not, but time will tell.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Free COVID-19 vaccines for Australians

Prime Minister Scott Morrison says he intends to make a COVID-19 vaccine “as mandatory as possible” for all Australians once it becomes available.

News.com.au revealed today that the Morrison Government has confirmed a landmark agreement with drug giant AstraZeneca to manufacture one of the world’s most promising coronavirus vaccines currently being developed by Oxford University researchers.

It is a very lengthy article ...

Extracts and opinion:
If it's safe to use ... wait for the results from the proposed 10,000 UK individuals.
One dose may not be enough (they don't know).
Booster shots required each year (like a flu jab?
Being manufactured here in Australia. Nice boost for local pharma eh? Stocks are up.
Anti-vaxxers will say no. Fines if you refuse?
Any royalties received ... non-profit right?

All the huzzah and hubbub, providing hopes for many, and dreams for others.
Just like a flu jab that may provide protection.
What about those that are immune compromised then?

My thoughts is that it's here like the flu for the remainder of our days.

And likely, no new pandemic for another 4 years.
The timing of such is skeptical to say the least.

Back to life in lock down, Victoria, ɹǝpun uʍop.

--chris

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As mandatory as possible? What the bloomin' 'ell does that mean?

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Quote:
" “There are always exemptions for any vaccine on medical grounds but that should be the only basis."

.. and ..

"“We need the most extensive and comprehensive response to this to get Australia back to normal.”"

It would seem to be an irresponsible statement to make right now.
Maybe politically motivated, but right now I don't care.

You're intention is to force this on me?
Well that is a reminder of other aspects of forced medicinal purposes?

A reminder, that the Commonwealth Constitution is nothing at all like the US Constitution.
The broad range of rights, amendments and freedoms are not present in Australia.

25 million doses to be produced here in Aus ... if it's safe to use.

Since the media release/statement, a stirring and uprising from the anti-vaxxers.
Actually fury is more appropriate to describe the emotions from that particular social group.

"You know where you can stick that!"
"UN's Agenda 21" (what the flaming heck is that?)
"A vaccine for a virus that has a 99.5% recover rate. Uh-huh"
"HCQ + Zinc is safer"

... and so forth ...

--chris

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This song may provide a clue

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shortly after watching the excellent Lockdown hysteria video above, I saw Hamilton County Tn issued new guidelines. Insanity. Really pushing the limits now

“This new guideline means household contacts will often need to stay home for a minimum of 24 days,”

https://www.chattanoogan.com/2...s-COVID-19-Case.aspx

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post