SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I suspected this would happen but was holding out hope parents would be a bit more reluctant to take their 5 to 11 year olds in to get the jab. The first school vaccination clinic in Duluth jabbed 260 kids yesterday. Parents just can't wait to use their kids as a tool for their virtue signalling.

quote:
Six-year-old Sia Regas was one of the 260 children signed up for today’s clinic.

Link

Talking with my buddy's wife yesterday. She's excited to get her kids the shot for their safety. They've all had COVID, all were mild cases. I asked her about the risks of vaccine given they've already had it and were fine. She blew it off, said if they are unlucky and get myocarditis, then oh well. I told her she's rolling the dice for an illness that is less dangerous than playing youth sports. Said something about she was doing for everyone else.

WTF is wrong with people?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21119 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Talk about irony!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39263 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Biden's Vaccine Mandate Is Worse Than We Thought: Look How He's Punishing Unvaxxed Employees

With Democrats having been shellacked at the polls on Tuesday, the Biden administration is pivoting from the carnage toward an issue only a liberal could think is a winner: Forcing Americans to do things they don’t believe they should do.

It was in this authoritarian spirit that the White House announced on Thursday that, starting Jan. 4, it will begin to enforce its previously proposed vaccine mandate.

The logic for the Biden administration has been that Americans like vaccine mandates and won’t return to work until they feel safe. This has been nonsense because (1) those who have been most vocal about being unsafe are the vaccinated (whom logic dictates should be the most protected); and (2) the Biden administration has been paying Americans to not go to work.

But now it’s more complicated.

The point of the mandate is control. The reason that it must be enforced now, as opposed to from the outset, is because — as Tuesday’s votes in Virginia, New Jersey and elsewhere showed — radical Democrats are in real trouble with voters, and the moderates have no incentive to acquiesce to the radicals. This means the congressional works are officially gummed-up, so President Joe Biden has the opening to do what he has wanted to do all along: Take power from Congress and wield it via the executive branch.

That was former President Barack Obama’s strategy for dealing with public blowback and subsequent hesitancy in Congress – for instance, Obama’s Deferred Action on Childhood Arrivals executive order on illegal immigration that followed his party’s loss of the Senate in the 2014 midterms. Biden is following suit.

Here is what it would mean, according to the 490-page document, if this mandate were to go into effect on an estimated 100 million American workers covered by its provisions.

Beginning Jan. 4, companies with 100 or more employees will be forced to fire unvaccinated employees, test them regularly for COVID-19 infection or be faced with steep fines. In what NPR suggests is an underhanded attempt to force employees to choose to be vaccinated, companies will not be forced to pay for or provide testing, meaning that employees who choose not to be vaccinated will incur the expense. (Health care workers would not even receive this option.)

Furthermore, employees must receive paid time off to get vaccinated and receive sick leave to recover from side effects, and the unvaccinated will be forced to wear masks.

That last point would basically be forcing employees to reveal their vaccination status to co-workers — a gross invasion of medical privacy that arguably amounts to punishment for failing to comply.

Aside from the fact that this policy is likely both unconstitutional and based on polling or misinterpretations of polling rather than medical data, the mandate raises the question of whether there are any principles involved that would limit the government’s power. The answer is that there are none.

Many Americans will no doubt seek religious exemptions for vaccination from their employers, and, as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s website notes, the law does give weight to such requests. Still, there’s no guarantee that employers would honor them, which creates an environment where the courts get involved — a time-consuming and almost certainly an expensive process for all parties involved.

As for a potentially even more important concern, this does not end, nor does it stop from getting worse. OSHA will enforce this mandate as an emergency temporary standard (ETS). The Biden administration believes that “emergencies,” being conducive to power-grabs, are universal and infinite.

Because of this, the emergency never ends – and as other political pressures necessitate it, the crackdowns must be tightened to signal action and concern.

This mandate is blatant tyranny intended to extend the lifespan of a failing presidency and crammed down under the guise of compassion. It is a logically and scientifically incoherent usurpation of power that will face legal complications of an awe-inspiring variety.

Given the generally effective performance of the vaccines, it is also evidence that something good, when entrusted to an incompetent, unprincipled and unfocused government, can become vicious and deleterious overnight.
Advertisement - story continues below

Americans of all stripes, pro- or anti-vaccine, should have serious concerns about this extreme use of federal power.

Callousness and overreach from Biden and the radical progressives has come to be expected. They should come to expect lawful resistance from a free people — and a resounding defeat in the midterm election cycle when Americans get to have their formal say.

https://www.westernjournal.com...sm&ff_campaign=jeeng

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24609 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
What’s stopping President I-Shit-My-Pants from issuing a mandate that all employees must join a union? All male employees be sterilized after age 40?

If he gets away with this, it will never end.

You just know the booster shot mandates are coming.

I never thought our country would go down this road but here we are. Frown

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
In Australia, Hospitals Are Being Overrun and Nobody Is Mentioning the Most Obvious Possible Reason

Western Australia can’t explain why their hospitals are full. It’s not Covid-19; the tyrannical nation has done a fine job of keeping the disease and people’s freedoms thoroughly in check. Nevertheless, the hospitals are overloaded and nobody in the government seems to have an answer as to why.

According to a Twitter thread by Justin Clarke:

Justin Clarke
@justsee
1/ In a press conference on October 31st, 2021, Western Australia Premier Mark McGowan revealed the state's hospital system is under extraordinary pressure.

And they don't know why.

(The state has recorded 1,112 Covid cases in total since the beginning of the pandemic).

Generally when we’re dealing with adverse reactions from the Covid-19 “vaccines,” we know definitively based on the timeframe. If someone is perfectly healthy and then suddenly develops myocarditis within days or weeks after their jabs, it’s the injections that did it. In this case, we can’t know for sure what’s causing the hospitals to fill up because we have no data regarding the timeframe between vaccination and ailments.

We also do not know the longer term effects of the vaccines. Some people are approaching their one-year anniversary of being vaxxed, and while that’s not long term it’s enough time for some of the side effects to start to appear. Australia is the peculiar case with so few who have developed natural immunity to the disease, so we will get to see cleaner data about how a vaxxed-only population reacts to the jabs.

https://noqreport.com/2021/11/...ous-possible-reason/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24609 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Mad

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39263 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One year later? Ah-ha, now I understand why clinical vaccine trials typically run 5-7 years before receiving FDA approval.(assuming the trials don't go side-ways like Moderna's did prior to 2020) Who would have guessed?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Parents and others are still using the excuse that COVID vaccination protects others. How exactly? We have seen and the CDC has confirmed that the vaccinated still spread COVID. People are choosing to ignore the facts, for what? To get back at Trump voters, to prove they are right?

Holy hell, insanity.

JC

Posts: 1303 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
My point is: In comparing the effects of the Wu Flu to a seasonal influenza the same metrics must be used.
How about instead of these silly comparisons we just stick to the assertion that this whole WuFlu thing is BS and we're being lied to and scammed?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
We have seen and the CDC has confirmed that the vaccinated still spread COVID. People are choosing to ignore the facts, ...

You're assuming they know the facts. I watch more local TV "news" than I care for--mostly to glean from it whatever small amount of useful information I may. (Answer: Not very much.) I can't say as I recall them ever mentioning this fact in passing, much less making a point of it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Because, ensigmatic, the local news directors have been told to NEVER discuss the facts or truth. Remember...they are NBC, ABC, CBS, et. al. affiliates. Gotta keep that narrative hot and continue the divisiveness in this country. To HELL with the TRUTH!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
We have seen and the CDC has confirmed that the vaccinated still spread COVID. People are choosing to ignore the facts, ...

You're assuming they know the facts. I watch more local TV "news" than I care for--mostly to glean from it whatever small amount of useful information I may. (Answer: Not very much.) I can't say as I recall them ever mentioning this fact in passing, much less making a point of it.
Far more egregious, how many people know about monoclonal anti-bodies, something that has proven to be successful at mitigating Covid symptoms, keeping people out of ER's, and helping people recover more quickly. I've heard scant commentary anywhere about this treatment, other than to malign DeSantis.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My neighbor is fully vaccinated and just got Covid. Kicking his ass right now. I offered him some OTC solutions to combat it and he said that his Doctor instructed him to just take vitamins and to go to the ER if he begins having difficulty breathing. Roll Eyes

I wished him good luck with that strategy.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
My neighbor is fully vaccinated and just got Covid. Kicking his ass right now. I offered him some OTC solutions to combat it and he said that his Doctor instructed him to just take vitamins and to go to the ER if he begins having difficulty breathing. Roll Eyes

I wished him good luck with that strategy.

It seems like every day I am hearing more about adverse effects from people I actually know. One co-worker has experienced numbness and tingling in his legs off and on since getting the "vaccine". Another just told me on this past Wednesday that he gets frequent headaches that he never got until he was "vaccinated"- he claims one lasted a full 8 days. This stuff is GARBAGE. there's no other way to put it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15803 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
One of my very good friends took an extended leave from flying during this idiocy and went back to his roots...Aerospace Engineering at NASA working on the next lunar landing project. A colleague of his in another work group took the vaccine (don't recall which one). The next day...VERY NEXT DAY...that young man was D-E-A-D!!!!

Yeah...it's "safe".

EQUINE
FECAL
MATTER

Mad Mad Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
For those compelled to get a shot, what is the best life insurance to get. For example, one’s situation may be that she has a chronic condition with a shorter life expectancy. Financials for various scenarios may suggest that she get the shot. That may accelerate her demise but she would be okay with that provided a considerably better financial outcome via insurance for her dependents. She accepts she will die earlier anyway so this acceleration is not too material.

What is the best thing to do to maximize financials in the event of her demise? If nothing happens a year or two after the shot, then divest / stop premiums and the insurance.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13105 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
For those compelled to get a shot, what is the best life insurance to get. For example, one’s situation may be that she has a chronic condition with a shorter life expectancy. Financials for various scenarios may suggest that she get the shot. That may accelerate her demise but she would be okay with that provided a considerably better financial outcome via insurance for her dependents. She accepts she will die earlier anyway so this acceleration is not too material.

What is the best thing to do to maximize financials in the event of her demise? If nothing happens a year or two after the shot, then divest / stop premiums and the insurance.

Insurance is underwritten, so if they have a shortened life expectancy, they are likely uninsurable or would need to pay substandard rates which would make it prohibitively expensive.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21119 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Insurance is underwritten, so if they have a shortened life expectancy, they are likely uninsurable or would need to pay substandard rates which would make it prohibitively expensive.

Agree. But perhaps viable if policy is only kept for 1 year, maybe 2? Thinking is that this provides a path to keep employment but also covers sudden demise. Drop the policy after a year or so.

Any other alternatives? Or just SOL?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13105 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
But perhaps viable if policy is only kept for 1 year, maybe 2? Thinking is that this provides a path to keep employment but also covers sudden demise. Drop the policy after a year or so.

Any other alternatives? Or just SOL?

This is a life insurance question. It's not a COVID question.
But... to answer your question... you have to apply and go through underwriting to get a definitive answer.
Talk to a broker.

-rduckwor

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
‘I Realize I’m In The Crosshairs Of The Woke Mob Right Now’: Unvaccinated Aaron Rodgers Speaks

Two days after testing positive for COVID-19 and being dragged through the mud for misleading the public on his vaccination status, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers went on the record to tell his side of the story. 

“I realize I’m in the crosshairs of the woke mob right now, so before my final nail gets put in my cancel culture casket, I think I’d like to set the record straight on so many of the blatant lies that are out there about myself right now,” Rodgers began on  “The Pat McAfee Show.”

In August, Rodgers was asked by a member of the media whether or not he was vaccinated, to which he told the media that he was “immunized.” Most believed that this meant he had received the vaccine, until Rodgers tested positive on Wednesday causing him to miss the Packers upcoming game against the Kansas City Chiefs. 

“First of all, I didn’t lie in the initial press conference,” Rodgers said. “During that time, it was a witch hunt that was going on across the league where everybody in the media was so concerned about who was vaccinated and who wasn’t and what that meant … And at the time, my plan was to say that I had been immunized. It wasn’t some sort of ruse or lie. It was the truth.” 

Rodgers went on to discuss how he isn’t an “anti-vaxx flat earther,” but a “critical thinker” and that he believes in “bodily autonomy.” 

“Not to have to acquiesce to some woke culture or crazed group of individuals who say you have to do something,” Rodgers said. “Health is not a one-size-fits-all for everybody.” 

Rodgers said that he learned that he has an allergy to an ingredient in the mRNA vaccines and that he was not comfortable taking the Johnson & Johnson vaccine due to some people having bad reactions to the J&J shot. 

He decided to go an alternative route and that the NFL was aware of it. He petitioned the NFL to accept his immunization status and was denied. 

When the media found out that Rodgers was unvaccinated, they immediately jumped on the fact that Rodgers was not masked during his press conferences with the media. 

Rodgers said that he does not believe that he should have to wear a mask in a room of fully vaccinated individuals. 

“Some of the rules, to me, are not based in science at all. They’re based purely in trying to out and shame people, like needing to wear a mask at a podium when every person in the room is vaccinated and wearing a mask – makes no sense to me,” Rodgers said. “If you got vaccinated to protect yourself from a virus that I don’t have as an unvaccinated individual, then why are you worried about anything I could give you?”

“I have followed every single protocol to a T – minus that one I just mentioned which makes absolutely no sense to me.”

Rodgers touched on vaccinated teammates testing positive for COVID as well, saying he is just the second non-vaccinated player to test positive.

“It’s pretty evident I tested positive being around a vaccinated individual,” Rodgers said. “That’s the majority of people I spend time with. There’s been dozens of individuals that work at the facility that are vaxxed that have tested positive. So, this idea that it’s the pandemic of the unvaccinated is just a total lie.”

Rodgers then dove into his current treatment of his COVID symptoms, saying that he is following the advice of podcast host Joe Rogan. 

“I consulted with a now good friend of mine Joe Rogan, after he got Covid, and I’ve been doing a lot of the stuff that he recommended in his podcasts and on the phone to me,” Rodgers said.

“I’m going to have the best immunity possible now based on the 2.5-million-person study from Israel that the people who get Covid and recover, have the most robust immunity. I’m thankful for people like Joe stepping up and using his voice. I’m thankful for my medical squad and I’m thankful for all the love and support I’ve gotten but I’ve been taking monoclonal antibodies, Ivermectin, zinc, vitamin C and DHCQ. And I feel pretty incredible.”

Rodgers also touched on the politicization of the vaccine, saying that “health should not be political.”

“The problem with this is it is so political,” Rodgers said. “And health should not be political. It shouldn’t be that ‘Trump endorsed Ivermectin and HDQ and so, take that s*** off, it doesn’t work.’ In general, we all should have been a little hesitant.

When Trump in 2020 was championing these vaccines that were coming so quick, what did the Left say? And I’m talking about every member of the Left. ‘Don’t trust the vaccine. Don’t get the vaccine. You’re gonna die from the vaccine … ’”

“And then what happened? Biden wins and everything flips. Shouldn’t that initially give you a little pause … isn’t this about health and not about politics? And to that point, has any member of the health staff this entire time, got up and actually talked about real health? Have they talked about exercise, a healthy diet, eating real food, drinking water, taking vitamins, vitamin D deficiency and what that causes in the body? No. There hasn’t been any of that.”

“I have taken this very seriously,” Rodgers said. “I’m not a COVID denier or any bull**** like that. I just wanted to make the decision that was best for my body. That’s it. I wear my mask when I go out in public. The only time I haven’t worn my mask is when I’m around all vaccinated people. My response to those people would be like, ‘Hey, just so you know, I tested this morning negative, No. 1, and No. 2, you got vaccinated against something that you would be worried about me having, which I just told you I’m negative.'”

“To me, I can’t make any more sense than that. If I’m in public, I wear a mask. If I’m not, if I’m at my house, I’m not wearing a mask.”

- Joe Morgan, The Daily Wire

*NOTE
I am unable to provide a link, The Daily Wire is a subscription service website. I went to some trouble to post this, paragraph by paragraph.

Posts: 13582 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post