SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, so many leftist asses are gonna chap over this.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice slap to the face of Fauci as well.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

^^^^^^^
Can you put these paragraphs in the form of a question? I am not trying to be difficult, just not sure what you are asking.

Sure.
Will someone besides the patent holder be able to manufacture doses of a vaccine in a case where production needs outstrip their ability to supply in a timely manner?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am no expert on this but I am sure the Chinese and Russians are trying. I would hope that we have enough internal controls and a solid distribution network to limit this. Counterfeit pharamaceuticals are very common in Mexico, the packaging is almost identical.
As far as other companies in the United States are concerned, I would imagine they would be allowed to help being that it is a national emergency. These drug companies have very sharp accountants and legal teams on board to make sure they get a piece of the pie.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Will someone besides the patent holder be able manufacture doses of a vaccine in a case where production needs outstrip their ability to supply in a timely manner?
I'll answer that question with a question... Ever heard of the Defense Production Act? Because I suspect yes, if necessary.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I doubt there's ever going to be a vaccine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's never been a vaccine for this family of viruses.

We have what we need already and, as the video above states, the number of hydroxychloroquine doses issued over the decades numbers in the hundreds of millions. Hydroxychloroquine was approved for medical use in the United States 75 years ago. To call hydroxychloroquine well-tested is a monumental understatement.
Just issue hydroxychloroquine to everyone on the planet, then maybe the incessant hand-wringing, pants-pissing and shreiks about the end of the world will calm down to a dull roar.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I'd be in favor of ANYTHING if it'll save my job come 1-OCT. To quote GEN Jack Beringer, "Hell...I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good."

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Synthrob and I have been taking hydroxychloroquine for arthritis for about ten years. Absolutely no side effects.

Music is mediator between spiritual and sensual life. ~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Posts: 2853 | Location: NE Ohio  | Registered: April 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
My wife & I had the virus in March. We only found out because she had routine, (unrelated) bloodwork done in May for which her Dr. asked if she would also be tested for the virus. So we found out two months after the fact that she (and I) had it.

These are the details...We had family in from out of town who flew through Spokane a week before she got ill. My wife is an older woman with COPD & uses a Budesonide inhaler daily. She planted herself on the sofa for a week & complained her normal complaints like every other time she gets sick. She wasn't particularly miserable & as such we didn't think she fit the "I'm gonna die" profile we'd been hearing so much about at that time. I'm glad she never went to the hospital.

About three days into her bout, I felt tired for a few days & lost my sense of smell/taste for about a week. this is when I suspected COVID. I never felt anything else. I treated myself with bourbon, as is usually the case when I feel under the weather.

We didn't die, & honestly I've had regular seasonal colds that were worse.

On a side note, here is something I came across after the fact which may have had some bearing on her case:

https://www.hospimedica.com/co...nt-for-covid-19.html

So, either it was the Budesonide, or we were just blessed, or it's different for different people, but my wife fits the health profile of people who have suffered greatly then died. She didn't, Thank God.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will someone besides the patent holder be able to manufacture doses of a vaccine in a case where production needs outstrip their ability to supply in a timely manner?

It's off-patent and has been a generic drug for decades.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
quote:

It's off-patent and has been a generic drug for decades.

What? He's talking about any new vaccine which may or may not be developed, I'm guessing you're referring to Hydroxychloroquine. Did you read the post you quoted?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
What chaps my ass is many are not paying attention. Now they are attacking the doctors who spoke up, trying to paint them as crack pots. and anyone who believes them to be stupid. It drives me nuts.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
As one of the doctors noted in the video, no other drug has elicited this amount of controversy and push back as doctors themselves have continually used or demanded to use it. That should be a huge indicator that something other than treatment and science is in play right now. Ultimately, the DEM's are willing to let people die and the economy fully melt down if it allows them the reins of power again. Truly disgusting people who need to be crushed.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Stoic-one,

Senior moment on my part & what I get for multi-tasking while reading / responding incorrectly.

To provide more details to answers from others, part of the evaluation and approval of any new vaccine requires a CMC (Chemistry Manufacturing & Control) review that will interrogate those procedures, including quality control and to a degree scalability. If it’s deemed too difficult for any firm (that has existing IP) to manufacture the necessary amounts, as others have noted the Feds can make sure that other potential manufacturers can produce the necessary materials as part of the “crisis”.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Another thing that makes me suspicious of all this is that HCQ has been used for 70+ years by millions, maybe billions of people with almost no problems, and is cheap. The new anti-viral drug they keep promoting as a treatment (until the mythical vaccine comes along), up to this point has not been approved for treating ANY disease, and hasn't been used by anyone other than those in the efficacy and safety studies, which usually aren't the very young or very old. Oh, and it is expensive as hell.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
What chaps my ass is many are not paying attention. Now they are attacking the doctors who spoke up, trying to paint them as crack pots. and anyone who believes them to be stupid. It drives me nuts.

Um, she is doing quite a fine job painting herself as a crackpot. I'm not going to post links to her YouTube videos, but Google her name on YouTube, and go directly to source (herself), and decide for yourself. It is enlightening. Let's just say a lot of her opinions involve witchcraft, demons, alien DNA, and lizards running the government. Not someone you should be defending as a credible or reliable source of medical information.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

^^^^^^^
Can you put these paragraphs in the form of a question? I am not trying to be difficult, just not sure what you are asking.

Sure.

There are contract labs with large production capacities that will contract to produce vaccine for anyone. One such lab located in College Station, TX was just given a $250,000+ Grant to hold capacity for Covid vaccine after Trump toured their headquarters facility in North Carolina.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TAllen01:
quote:
Um, she is doing quite a fine job painting herself as a crackpot. I'm not going to post links to her YouTube videos, but Google her name on YouTube, and go directly to source (herself), and decide for yourself. It is enlightening. Let's just say a lot of her opinions involve witchcraft, demons, alien DNA, and lizards running the government. Not someone you should be defending as a credible or reliable source of medical information.
And she was the only one standing up there? She is the only MD saying that hydroxychloroquine is shown to be effective for COVID-19?

I've read your posts on this subject and your bias is apparent.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by TAllen01:
quote:
And she was the only one standing up there? She is the only MD saying that hydroxychloroquine is shown to be effective for COVID-19?

I've read your posts on this subject and your bias is apparent.

I will gladly admit I am a skeptic until I see convincing, double-blind proof. So far, the data and studies are conflicting on this issue (although I know your views as well, as I better if I want to stay here). Wink One day a study supports the use, another day a study comes out and says it does not. I'm just not convinced yet, so yes; so far, I have not been convinced by the evidence. I know that is not a popular opinion here, and I'll be glad to shut up if that is the better route.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, you don't have to be quiet but you do need to avoid disingenuous behavior, such as singling out one physician whom you find to be an oddball. Again, I ask you- was she the only one standing up there? Is she the only MD saying hydroxychloroquine is shown to be effective for COVID-19? Let's not play games.