SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's [sic] natural manure." - Thomas Jefferson

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
The next 4 mandates, video by JP....about 8 1/2 minutes before the ads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqb819d7S1o

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leaked Audio: DOJ Official Doesn't Think Americans 'Sincere' Over Religious Exemptions

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...religious-exemptions

In a leaked phone call from September reported by Human Events senior editor Jack Posobiec, DOJ attorney Marty Lederman can be heard strategizing with the Biden administration on how to combat religious exemption requests to get around the vaccine mandate.

According to Lederman, there are "cases, for instance in the New York case that's currently going on against the State of New York, the Thomas More Society is representing a bunch of doctors and nurses who claim that they would sin gravely in cooperation with the evil of abortion. How would they be doing so? The claim is that all three of the current vaccines, either have fetal cells that were obtained by abortions in the vaccine itself, or in the case of Pfizer and Moderna that those vaccines were tested using fetal cells that had been aborted, and even the connection to the previous testing, makes them cooperative with evil in a way that their religion prohibits."

"I don't want to say anything too categorical but I believe that this claim will be very difficult for agencies to successfully claim that's either insincere or not religious, even if it is. Even if we know that many of those claims are not sincere, or are sincere but not religious, this is the most common behavior you're going to confront probably, and it's likely that you will have to take as a given the employee's claim.

"Not always, right, but one response that some hospitals have started to give is, 'well do you know that Tylenol, and Tums, and Preparation H, those were all tested using aborted fetal cell lines, too.' And I expect that employees will then say 'well I didn't know that, but now that you tell me that and I'll stop using those products as well.'

"And then we will turn to the, 'what does the government have to do once the employee makes that shown.' And here, basically there is a compelling interest, obviously, in keeping our workforce and the public with which we interact safe from COVID."

Upon further research, Posobiec concluded that the administration doubts the sincerity of Americans' faith in claiming that they are so opposed to abortion that they do not want to benefit from aborted cells. In fact, it's not just that they don't think Americans are sincere in their beliefs, but to the extent that they may be, the administration seeks to find a way around those faith-based assertions.

As Libby Emmons of The Post Millennial notes:

The issue of abortion and Catholicism has been hotly contested since Biden took office, since the Catholic president has claimed that he is pro-abortion. The Washington Post went so far as to say that Catholics who oppose abortion are "right wing."

When asked about the President's stance on abortion, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki claimed that his faith was personal, and could not answer as to how he reconciled his religious views with his progressive, pro-abortion stance.

"Joe Biden is a strong man of faith and as he noted just a couple of days ago, it's personal. He goes to church nearly every weekend. He even went when we were on our overseas trip. But it's personal to him, he doesn't see it through a political prism, and we're not going to comment on the inner workings of the Catholic Church," Psaki said. This after some US Catholic Bishops called for the president to be denied the Eucharist on account of his public pro-abortion position.

In addition to seeking to undermine Americans' religious liberty as regards choosing whether to take the vaccine or not, this administration has sought to force Catholic hospitals to perform sex-change surgeries and treat gender dysphoric patients with "gender-affirming" care.

Posts: 12674 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Washington State: Republican Legislator Locked Out Of His Own Office Because He Didn’t Have Vaccine Passport

https://nationalfile.com/washi...ve-vaccine-passport/

“We are absolutely falling into some sort of Stockholm Syndrome that’s taken hold of the legislature here in Olympia.”

Washington state Rep. Jim Walsh says he was locked out of his office yesterday, with his ID badge no longer functioning because he did not have his COVID-19 vaccine passport.
“It wasn’t a mistake or technical glitch,” reported J.D. Rucker of The Liberty Daily. “The rules committee for the House made an “interim rule” banning entry to anyone who doesn’t present their Covid-19 injection papers, including elected officials.”

“All WA House members who do not provide COVID shot papers have been locked out of Capitol campus buildings in Olympia,” wrote Walsh on Facebook.

more at link

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Washington State: Republican Legislator Locked Out Of His Own Office Because He Didn’t Have Vaccine Passport

It's going to get WAY worse before it stops. The communists are totally emboldened. They don't even try to pretend anymore. They are in the "So? What are you going to do about it?" phase.

And until the next election I do not see any way to do anything about it.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lancet COVID Origins Investigator Wins $1 Million Chinese Prize For Claiming Virus Developed Naturally.

https://thenationalpulse.com/e...s-china-nobel-prize/

Dr. Malik Peiris, who previously served on the Lancet medical journal’s COVID-19 origins investigation committee, received China’s “Nobel Prize” for research affirming the Chinese Communist Party’s false narrative that COVID-19 developed naturally.

Peiris, a Sri Lankan virologist working in Hong Kong, was one of 12 scientists leading the now-defunct Lancet probe into the origins of COVID-19. While the task force is no longer listed on the medical journal’s website, as it was forced to disband due to extensive conflicts of interests with the Wuhan Institute of Virology, archived web pages reveal Peiris’s participation in the effort.

Following Peiris’s stint on the task force, the Chinese Communist Party awarded him with the prize in life sciences in the 2021 Future Science Prize – dubbed China’s “Nobel Prize.” China’s top scientific honor is accompanied by a $1 million prize, which is funded by several Chinese Communist Party-linked companies such as Baidu, Hillhouse Capital, and Sequoia Capital China.

State-run media outlet Global Times claimed the award was for his “major discoveries of SARS-CoV-1 as the causative agent of the global SARS outbreak in 2003 with impact on combating COVID-19 and emerging infectious diseases.” Peiris shared the award with co-author Kwok-Yung Yuen.

In an exclusive interview with the Chinese Communist Party-run media outlet, Yuen asserted “this is one of the most important prizes not just in China but also internationally.”

Peiris’s research was praised by award reviewers as playing an integral role in tracing the origins of COVID-19, as reviewer Wang Xiaodong noted “Chinese scientists were able to quickly identify the cause of the COVID-19 pandemic thanks to their contributions.” The research bolstered the Chinese Communist Party’s fake narrative that COVID-19 developed naturally as opposed to escaping from a lab.

MUST READ: China's WeChat Admits To Secretly Scanning Users' Photos
As Global Times explains, Peiris’s research helped “support the bat origin of SARS-CoV-2”:

When asked how their discoveries affect people’s understanding of the cause of COVID-19, Yuen explained that since he and his team discovered in 2005 that the horseshoe bat was the natural animal reservoir for the ancestral SARS-CoV-1, they believe that SARS-CoV-2 “also went from bats to another mammal(s) before jumping into humans.”

Moreover, SARS-CoV-2 replicates very well in both bat and human intestinal organs, which further supports the bat origin of SARS-CoV-2, he said.

A lot of additional supporting links at post.Such as this one:

Lancet’s COVID Chairman Jeffrey Sachs States “Opposition” To “Confronting” China, Linked to Hunter Biden’s China Energy Deals.

https://thenationalpulse.com/e...sion-chair-ccp-ties/

Jeffrey Sachs, the chairman of Lancet medical journal’s COVID-19 commission, has extensive ties to several Chinese Communist Party influence groups including with ties to Hunter Biden and has voiced his opposition to “confronting China” while contributing to Chinese state-run media outlets.
Sachs, who has long dismissed the COVID-19 lab leak theory, is the Chair of the Lancet journal’s Covid-19 Commission. His lead role on the commission, which presented its findings dismissing COVID-19 originating in a Chinese lab, allows him to “oversee the investigation, not just into the origins of virus, but the world’s reaction to it in order to make recommendations for strengthening pandemic preparedness globally.”

But Sachs – like many other Western scientists cast by the media as impartial COVID-19 investigators like the World Health Organization’s Peter Daszak and Marion Koopmans – has deep ties to the Chinese Communist Party.

Conflict of Interest.
As COVID-19 was spreading across the U.S., Sachs appeared on The China Current, a show launched by the China-United States Exchange Foundation (CUSEF) propaganda group in 2019. CUSEF was founded by a former Chinese Communist Party apparatchik who serves as the Vice-Chairman of the “highest-ranking entity overseeing” China’s United Work Front according to the U.S.-China Security and Economic Review Commission.

Speaking on the podcast in May 2020, Sachs also revealed his “opposition” to “confronting China” and belief that the Trump administration’s hardline approach to the communist regime was “dangerous, wrong, absurd, on false pretenses”:

“The U.S. right-wing was attacking China beforehand and the Trump administration had its so-called trade war against China and then its technology war against China. I regarded those as dangerous, wrong, absurd, on false pretenses, but it showed China’s successes of recent years had triggered a response by the American right-wing, the hardline nationalists to say we have to confront China and Trump was in the middle of confronting China, and I think very dangerously so and I opposed it all along.”

While rebuking “nationalists [who] regard China as a threat,” Sachs adds “I just regard China as a successful country that has made its way from poverty.”

CEFC China Energy’s Chairman Patrick Ho was indicted by the U.S. Department of Justice for “schemes to bribe top officials for business advantages,” and used the committee “to conceal his criminal scheme.”

He was also a close business partner of Hunter Biden, as emails between the president’s son and CEFC China Energy’s founder Ye Jianming reveal a potential contract for $10 million annually “for introductions alone.” Later emails show Hunter Biden identifying himself “unequivocally with no room for different opinions or interpretation” as a Managing Director of the Chinese military and government-linked company:

“I am the managing director of CEFC. I have complete authority as to who I hire and who I fire. I have only employees that work for me in DC.”

Sachs has spoken at CEFC events such as the Sino-US Colloquium and sat on the group’s Advisory Council in 2015.

Pay for Play?
Sachs also wrote the foreword for a position paper for Huawei, a controversial tech firm described by the U.S. State Department as “arms of the state – or, more precisely, the Chinese Communist Party.” Labeled a “national security threat” by the Trump administration and a Chinese military collaborator by the U.S. Department of Defense, Huawei routinely provides the Chinese Communist Party backdoor access to its products, networks and devices.

“By any standard, Huawei is a remarkable company and by any standard, Huawei’s vision of our shared digital future is powerful, exciting, and uniquely well informed,” Sachs writes in defense of the company’s plans to conquer global 5G networks.

“Kudos to Huawei for producing such a timely and clear roadmap to help governments, businesses and civil society to create digital nations on the path to sustainable development,” he adds. Sachs has also pushed similarly pro-Huawei messages – such as op-eds lamenting the “war on Huawei” – in American media outlets while failing to disclose his ties to the company.

He has authored a host of op-eds criticizing America challenging the Chinese Communist Party, including pieces entitled “America’s Unholy Crusade Against China” and “Why the US Should Pursue Cooperation with China.” Sachs has also repeatedly appeared on Chinese state-run media outlets such as China Global Television Network (CGTN) on television segments such as “China is not the enemy, corporate greed is” and seen his articles run on Chinese state-run media sites.

In addition to original commentary, Sachs is heavily quoted by Chinese state-run media outlets such as Xinhua and China Daily, which hyped his comments in a piece entitled “Experts: anti-China stance ‘dangerous.”

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^

So the science is well and truly settled now, huh? I'll sleep better tonight. Mad

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NIH changes story, confirms it funded Wuhan experiment that made bat coronavirus more dangerous

https://justthenews.com/politi..._campaign=newsletter

Key scientist says admission shows that top administrators, including former NIH Director Francis Collins and NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci, "lied to Congress, lied to the press, and lied to the public" in denying NIH funded gain-of-function research in Wuhan.

Two weeks after National Institutes of Health director Francis Collins announced his retirement, his agency has complicated congressional testimony by Collins and National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci about alleged gain-of-function virus research sponsored by the U.S.

Both officials have denied approving grants for such research through the EcoHealth Alliance and Wuhan Institute of Virology, but a letter Wednesday from NIH Principal Deputy Director Lawrence Tabak to House Oversight Committee ranking Republican James Comer describes an unforeseen experimental result that calls the denials into question.

The letter shows that "NIH — and specifically, Collins, Fauci, and Tabak — lied to Congress, lied to the press, and lied to the public," Richard Ebright, lab director at Rutgers University's Waskman Institute of Microbiology, tweeted Wednesday night when sharing the letter. "Knowingly. Willfully. Brazenly."

The final progress report submitted by EcoHealth in August described a "limited experiment" in which a modified bat coronavirus made mice "sicker" than than original virus, Tabak told Comer. "As sometimes occurs in science, this was an unexpected result of the research, as opposed to something that the researchers set out to do."

NIH determined the proposed research didn't meet the standard for "enhanced pathogens of pandemic potential" because it wasn't shown these bat coronaviruses could infect humans. But "out of an abundance of caution" it required EcoHealth to "immediately" report "a one log increase in growth" if it happened, which would trigger a secondary review of the research by NIH.

EcoHealth didn't do that, Tabak wrote, and it now has five days to turn over "any and all unpublished data" from the research to NIH.

The letter repeatedly emphasizes the viruses studied under the EcoHealth grant and "subaward" to the Wuhan lab "could not have become SARS-CoV-2" because the "sequences of the viruses are genetically very distinct."

Reporting last month by The Intercept confirms that EcoHealth violated the NIH grant terms "at least four" times, Ebright tweeted earlier this month.

NIH put out a statement Wednesday on "misinformation" about COVID-19 origins that emphasizes "the virus is likely the result of viral evolution in nature" and not developed as a "biological weapon." It does not mention EcoHealth's violation of grant terms or the creation of a virus that made mice sicker.

posted Hide Post
Moscow orders unvaccinated over-60s to stay home for 4 months as Russia's Covid-19 crisis deepens.

I am not sure how they are going to enforce this, but I have my thoughts.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Looks like Florida is calling a special session to ban private company vaccine mandates.

I dig it Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Looks like Florida is calling a special session to ban private company vaccine mandates.
Love it, but I love every bit as much how this is going to continue to screw with the retard administration in Washington. Texas is on the same path. Sorry Joe, you and your cast of morons are not welcome here. Take the hint...and change your Depends.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Not that we didn't already know this, but this article is right on target. It also confirms I'm on the right path going to the gym and walking at night to try and knock off 10 or so pounds.

The Truth About COVID That Dares Not Speak Its Name

- Snip -

“Last month the CDC reported that about 80 percent of those who are hospitalized or die in the U.S. because of COVID-19 are overweight or obese.”

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Absolutely love it.

Predictably the squish Republicans and fake conservatives will start yelling about "private companies!" But no, what DeSantis is trying to do is right and exactly what other Republican governors need to do in their states as well. It's long past time conservatives start wielding the political power they've been given for good and for protecting the rights of citizens.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Absolutely love it.

Predictably the squish Republicans and fake conservatives will start yelling about "private companies!" But no, what DeSantis is trying to do is right and exactly what other Republican governors need to do in their states as well. It's ling past time conservatives start wielding the political power they've been given for good and for protecting the rights of citizens.
Bingo. DeSantis and crew are simply preventing another group of people from being discriminated against. Companies are already prohibited from discriminating against color, sex, age, and religion. Why should they be allowed to discriminate on this basis?

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
And this is what it has always been about the last 20+ months. "Health" is the trigger word. People are being conditioned to willingly capitulate their freedoms to the whims of an elite oligarchy in the auspices of public health and safety. Climate change, gun control, socialized medicine...the goal is to get people to accept these things as necessary for the greater health of our society. The greater good. All you have to do is acquiesce your freedoms. "Health" will be our new savior. In our brave new world, we will be saying "Our Health" instead of "Our Ford."

Climate change is 'first and foremost' a health crisis, new report finds

https://news.yahoo.com/climate...ealth-224600690.html

The Lancet Countdown by national and international experts finds all tracked health indicators at 'code red.' They urge limiting the damage.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Health" will be our new savior. In our brave new world, we will be saying "Our Health" instead of "Our Ford."

I've always been kind of a Chevy guy. Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
And this is what it has always been about the last 20+ months. "Health" is the trigger word. People are being conditioned to willingly capitulate their freedoms to the whims of an elite oligarchy in the auspices of public health and safety. Climate change, gun control, socialized medicine...the goal is to get people to accept these things as necessary for the greater health of our society. The greater good. All you have to do is acquiesce your freedoms. "Health" will be our new savior. In our brave new world, we will be saying "Our Health" instead of "Our Ford."

Climate change is 'first and foremost' a health crisis, new report finds

https://news.yahoo.com/climate...ealth-224600690.html

The Lancet Countdown by national and international experts finds all tracked health indicators at 'code red.' They urge limiting the damage.

Exactly. It's a terrible mistake to humor these folks even a little...they have big plans indeed.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Health" will be our new savior.
If I may paraphrase, then, the great Benjamin Franklin...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Health, deserve neither Liberty nor Health."

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Neil Cavuto says, he has Covid infection
and is so grateful he was fully vaccinated
and you should get vaccinated too!

(There must be an online haiku generator I could plug that into)

Um, found one:

*Meandering thoughts
A happy Cavuto says
beyond the vaccine*

Not very good, eh?

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Neil Cavuto says, he has Covid infection
and is so grateful he was fully vaccinated
and you should get vaccinated too!

Why?
And it’s none of his business!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post