SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
don't think this has been posted here yet...

Big Holes in the Covid ‘Spike’ Narrative
Ron Paul / July 20, 2020

https://thewashingtonstandard....vid-spike-narrative/

Motorcycle accidents ruled Covid deaths? In the rush to paint Florida as the epicenter of the “second wave” of the coronavirus outbreak, government officials and their allies in the mainstream media have stooped to ridiculous depths to maximize the death count. A television station this weekend looked into two highly unusual Covid deaths among victims in their 20s, and when they asked about co-morbidities they were told one victim had none, because his Covid death came in the form of a fatal motorcycle accident.

Sadly, this is not an isolated incident. In fact, the “spike” that has dominated the mainstream for the last couple of weeks is full of examples of such trickery.

Washington state last week revised its Covid death numbers downward when it was revealed that anyone who passed away for any reason whatsoever who also had coronavirus was listed as a “Covid-19 death” even if the cause of death had nothing to do with Covid-19.

In South Carolina, the state health agency admitted that the “spike” in Covid deaths was only the result of delayed reporting of suspected Covid deaths.

An analysis of reported daily Covid deaths last week compared to actual day-of-death in Houston revealed that the recent “spike” consisted largely of deaths that occurred in April through June. Why delay reporting until now?

We do know that based on this “spike” the Democrat mayor of Houston cancelled the convention of the Texas Republican Party. Mission accomplished?

Doesn’t it seem suspicious that so many states have experienced “delayed” reporting of deaths until Fauci and his gang of “experts” announced that we are in a new nightmare scenario?

Last week in Florida – which is perhaps not coincidentally the location of the Republican Party’s national convention – another scandal emerged when hundreds of Covid test centers reported 100 percent positive results. Obviously this would paint a far grimmer picture of the resurgence of the virus. Orlando Health, for example, reported a positivity rate of 98 percent – a shocking level – but a further investigation revealed a true positivity rate of only 9.4 percent. Those “anomalies” were repeated throughout the state.

“Cases” once meant individuals who displayed sufficient symptoms to be treated in medical facilities. But when the scaremongers needed a “second wave” they began reporting any positive test result as a “Covid case.” No wonder we have a “spike.”

Politics demands that politicians be seen doing “something” rather than nothing, even if that something is more harmful than doing nothing at all. That is why Washington is so addicted to sanctions.

The same has been true especially in Republican-controlled states in the US in response to the coronavirus. Faced with a virus that has killed about one-third as many people as the normal, seasonal flu virus in 2018, Texas Governor Greg Abbott has endorsed a partial shutdown of the economy resulting in millions tossed into the despair of unemployment. Then he arbitrarily shut down bars because massively increased testing showed more people have been exposed to the virus. And he mandated that people wear face masks. Neither shutting down bars (instead of restaurants or Walmarts) nor forcing people to wear masks will have any effect on the progression of the virus through society. But at least he looks like he’s doing “something.”

We are facing the greatest assault on our civil liberties in our lifetimes. The virus is real, but the government reaction is political and totalitarian. As it falls apart, will more Americans start fighting for their liberty?

about the author

Dr. Ron Paul is an American physician, author, and former politician who served as the U.S. Representative for Texas's 14th congressional district, which includes Galveston, from 1997 to 2013 as well as the 22nd congressional district for special term between 1976 and 1977, when he lost reelection in 1978, and for 3 later terms, from 1979 to 1985. On three occasions, he sought the presidency of the United States: as the Libertarian Party candidate in 1988 and as a candidate in the Republican primaries in 2008 and 2012. Paul is best known for his libertarian views and is a critic of American foreign, domestic, and monetary policies, including the military–industrial complex, the War on Drugs, and the Federal Reserve. Paul has been married to Carol Wells since 1957. They have five children, 18 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren. Ron Paul produces a weekly column known as Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk and is the author of several books.

Posts: 53805 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
On a positive note, if you're in Huntsville area and have some dimes get yourself a free sammy!

Exchange coins and get a free sandwich at Chick fil A on South Parkway

quote:
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – The Chick-fil-A on the South Parkway in Huntsville will give you a free CFA original sandwich for every $10 of rolled coins you exchange with the restaurant.

The restaurant says they need coins and they need the community’s help to prevent this Chick fil A location from going cashless. This Chick-fil-A is located at 11820 Memorial Pkwy SW.

According to Chick-fil-A on South Parkway, there is no limit to coins and sandwiches exchanged. Give the restaurant $10 in coins and they give you a $10 bill and a free sandwich.

This is a limited time offer until the coin need is met.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12691 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Well, mandatory masks in Ohio starting tomorrow at 6P. Remind me not to vote for DeWine next time.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5721 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Governor in MN just announced mandatory masks inside - it will take effect on Saturday. Freaking ridiculous.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1767 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The insanity spreads faster than the virus.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Masks required in MN at all public places effect Saturday. You must wear a mask walking to your restaurant table, but may remove them once seated.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12405 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
You're gonna need to brush up on your HIPAA law then. Not just the actual spelling, but the underlying law.
Thanks for the smart ass comment. You try typing on my cellphone with my big paws and let's see what your spelling looks like. If I get it 90% right I generally count that as a win. Since I apparently know nothing about HIPAA I guess I'll just tell the person at the door I have asthma, and when they require proof, I'll simply hand them a couple reems of my past medical information. I'm sure that will work just great handing a high school kid a folder of medical records to evaluate. Roll Eyes
quote:
I also recall that we've generally supported private business' right to prescribe whatever rules they want for access to their business. If we don't like it, we just move on, even if it's a prohibition to carry on site, etc. How is this somehow a different rule set?
First off there is no law on the books (at least here) requiring masks. All we have is the bloviating and blood lust for power by local morons (i.e. politicians). Want me to grudgingly comply, pass a GD law. Additionally, local/state government has now made it virtually impossible to simply not patronize a store you differ on policy with. Government has bullied 'all' of them into compliance with their BS mask nonsense making it impossible (at least here for me) to simply take my business elsewhere. Hell, I even tried the grocery order online and pickup approach only to find it's now well over a week to get a order processed. Yeah, that's reasonable.
quote:
And lastly others have suggested all the way back into spring months that engaging in arguments/battles with employees tasked with enforcing their employer's rules, right or wrong, is just bad form. These folks are just trying to keep a job, they aren't setting policy.
Yep, I feel for these poor hourly workers and the cops who are being placed right in the middle of this whole cluster because government essentially sucks. Again, government could fuck up a wet dream which is exactly what we're dealing with right now. Given time, I'm sure they can fuck up the entire country.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
The only disagreement I have in your post above is this:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Want me to grudgingly comply, pass a GD law.
I considered the "it's not a law" approach here in Houston, but Governor Abbott signed an Executive Order making masks mandatory, thus making it a "law". I can't speak for Florida, but if the Governor didn't sign an EO decree, then you would have an argument.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
The only disagreement I have in your post above is this:
quote:
Want me to grudgingly comply, pass a GD law.
I considered the "it's not a law" approach here in Houston, but Governor Abbott signed an Executive Order making masks mandatory, thus making it a "law". I can't speak for Florida, but if the Governor didn't sign an EO decree, then you would have an argument.
No EO signed by DeSantis here in Florida. The governor has made it abundantly clear he is not going to impose a mask order on the state because, surprise suprise, there is no enforcement mechanism that can adequately enforce it. But local government, again run by illiterates and morons (i.e. mostly Dem's) want to grandstand against the governor for attention while screwing all of us over. I went to a County Commission meeting last year and specifically asked our county mayor if one of his assistants had read my letter to him, given I strongly doubted his reading skills. That's who we're dealing with here.

And the EO thing is an issue too. If governors can run a state strictly via EO's, then why have a legislature? There is a limit to these moron's power, they just refuse to recognize it right now. I think Dan Patrick was rather upset with Abbott over that mask order. Good for him.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think Dan Patrick was rather upset with Abbott over that mask order. Good for him.
Oh yes he was!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Like cow bell, this thread needs more graphs, so I've posted two graphs. Both places have populations of about 10 million and have had about 6,000 covid 19 deaths each in total. One place did lockdowns, mask requirements, social distancing, etc. All mandated by law. The other place encouraged social distancing, but no lockdowns and said masks should be used by healthcare people.

One is widely praised by the media for their handling of the pandemic. The other is widely criticized for not doing enough and held out as an example of how not to handle a pandemic.

Which graph is which?

Posts: 11661 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Yeah, here in AZ the Duce has issued all sorts of EOs that make no sense, and treat businesses wildly differently, but the court system here keeps rolling over, saying the legislature gave him that authority indefinitely while there is an "emergency", another great law passed in panic after 9/11.

Stuff like treating gyms & health clubs the same as pure bars and nightclubs. Small businesses were closed, but big box stores were open. There was a spike allegedly because people were tubing and at waterparks, so he shut down gyms and bars. Oh, and we have to wear masks everywhere.

Posts: 1519 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
the Duce
Who is that supposed to be? How are we supposed to know who you're talking about?

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
If I may, it's a snide name for Governor Ducey (R).

Until I read the full context of his post I thought he was referring to the notorious area of downtown Phoenix years ago, 'The Duce'.

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
If I may, it's a...

Oh I most definitely would not.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12691 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess I'll just tell the person at the door I have asthma,
That ain't gonna work at Bubbalou's Bodacious Barbeque.

The sub-normals won't take your order if you are not wearing a mask. No exceptions. Unless maybe you're a double Van Gogh.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31419 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
I guess I'll just tell the person at the door I have asthma,
That ain't gonna work at Bubbalou's Bodacious Barbeque.

The sub-normals won't take your order if you are not wearing a mask. No exceptions. Unless maybe you're a double Van Gogh.
Not a problem. The good folks at Cecil's Texas BBQ will welcome me with open arms for a take out order. And their BBQ is miles better than Bubbalou's run of the mill BBQ.

posted Hide Post
quote:
double Van Gogh

^^^^^^
????????

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
No ears...

posted Hide Post
Ok thanks. In other news, the Mississippi legislature passed some useful legislation today. I had already thought of the smarny ads a year from now. Are you a COVID victim you may be entitled to CASH MONEY. Perhaps this legislation will help:
Mississippi Enacts Broad Civil Immunity Protections for COVID-19 Emergency
n July 8, 2020, Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves signed into law Senate Bill No. 3049, the “Mississippi Back-to-Business Liability Assurance and Health Care Emergency Response Liability Protection Act,” legislation designed to provide broad protections from civil lawsuits for various COVID-19 – related activities. The following are a few of the more notable features of this important legislation:

Immunity for Exposure to COVID-19

The Act provides immunity for any “person” (defined to include individuals, the state and its political subdivisions, associations, educational entities, for-profit or nonprofit entities, religious, and charitable organizations) or an owner/lessee/occupant of a premises from civil damages for injuries or death resulting from or related to actual, alleged, or potential exposure to COVID-19. In order to qualify for this immunity the defendant must be able to show that she attempted “in good faith to follow applicable public health guidance…” The bill also extends this immunity to persons acting “in the time before applicable public health guidance was available.”

Protections for Health Care Professionals and Facilities

SB 3049 also extends immunity from suit to health care professionals and health care facilities for “acts or omissions while providing health care services related to a COVID-19 state of emergency.” Immunity takes effect with the declaration of the emergency and extends through any renewals and for up to one year after the emergency. Activities covered by this exemption include:

“any health care services performed related to a COVID-19 state of emergency,” including “screening, assessing, diagnosing or treating persons” in relation to the emergency or in support of the emergency;
“delaying or cancelling nonurgent or elective dental, medical or surgical procedures, or altering the diagnosing or treatment of any person” in response to the emergency or public health guidelines issued;
diagnosing or treating persons “outside the normal scope of the health care professional’s license or practice;”
using equipment or supplies outside of a product’s normal intended use;
prescribing, administering, or dispensing a pharmaceutical for off-label use to treat patients in relation to the emergency;
testing performed outside the premises of a health care facility; and
acts of omissions caused by a lack of staffing, facilities, equipment, supplies, or other resources.
Health care professionals are broadly defined in the Act to cover just about any person who is licensed, registered, permitted, or certified to provide health care services. The definition also covers volunteers working at the direction of the Department of Health or the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency.

Product Liability

The Act also provides immunity from lawsuits for any person who “designs, manufactures, labels, sells, distributes, or donates” a broad range of “qualified product[s]” in response to the emergency. Products covered include personal protective equipment, medical devices, equipment, supplies “used or modified for an unapproved use,” and off-label uses of medications to treat COVID-19 or prevent its spread. Tests to diagnose the disease or immunity to COVID-19, approved or submitted to the FDA for approval, are also covered. Protection also extends to persons who supply PPE or disinfecting/cleaning supplies “outside the ordinary course of the person’s business….”

The Exception to the Rule

A plaintiff who is able to show to the judge or jury “by clear and convincing evidence” that a defendant acted with “actual malice or willful, intentional misconduct” can overcome any of the immunities provided in the Act.

Timing Is Everything

The Act is retroactively effective to March 14, 2020, and extends until one (1) year after the end of the emergency. However, protections extend in perpetuity for acts, omissions, or injuries that occur while the Act is in effect. All lawsuits for alleged COVID-19 – related injuries must be brought no later than two (2) years after the cause of action accrues. A full copy of the bill is available on the Mississippi Legislature’s website, accessible through this link: http://billstatus.ls.state.ms....00-3099/SB3049SG.pdf

Send Print

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post