SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
One of my wife's friends has it. She's 47, no underlying health problems, and she's not doing well. Prayers, please.

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Face Masks Mandated By UK Government Specifically Say They Don't Protect Against COVID-19

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ect-against-covid-19

The same type of face masks that the UK government is mandating people wear in shops from July 24 onwards to protect against the spread of coronavirus specifically state on their packaging that they don’t protect against coronavirus.

Earlier this week, the government confirmed that anyone caught not wearing a mask when entering a shop or supermarket will be subject to a police fine of £100, prompting the Chair of the London Metropolitan Police Foundation to complain that this would be totally unenforcable.

However, the law states that cloth masks, scarves or other textile items that don’t require the use of hands to hold them in place are acceptable forms of protection against COVID-19.

One problem with that, the packaging on these kind of cloth masks specifically states that they don’t protect against COVID-19.

“This product is an ear loop mask. This product is not a respirator and will not provide any protection against COVID-19 (coronavirus) or any other viruses or contaminants,” states the packaging on a standard set of cloth masks currently being sold.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said mandating the wearing of masks would “give people more confidence to shop safely and enhance protections for those who work in shops,” however many have reacted to the law by asserting that they will simply avoid shops altogether.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Florida Man Who Died In Motorcycle Wreck Labeled As COVID-19 Death By State

We know that coronavirus death counts are being inflated - we just don't know by how much. After all, how could they not be when there is a financial incentive for states and municipalities to report deaths as coronavirus deaths? And for some states, there may even be a political incentive...

Which is why it shouldn't come as a total surprise when a man who suffered a fatal motorcycle accident in Florida last week was added to the state's Covid-19 death count.

Fox 35 did an investigation where they talked to Orange County Health Officer Dr. Raul Pino about two deaths of people in their 20s that were labeled coronavirus deaths. When they asked if the people who died had underlying conditions, Pino responded: “The first one didn’t have any. He died in a motorcycle accident.”

When he was asked about whether or not the motorcycle victim's data was removed from the state's Covid system, he responded:

“I don’t think so. I have to double-check. We were arguing, discussing, or trying to argue with the state. Not because of the numbers -- it’s 100…it doesn’t make any difference if it's 99 -- but the fact that the individual didn’t die from COVID-19…died in the crash. But you could actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash. I don’t know the conclusion of that one.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...covid-19-death-state

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
There’s also the problem of false death certificates. Larry O’Connor wrote about his wife’s grandfather, who died of Alzheimer’s, being diagnosed as a Wuhan virus death. And Florida just joined New York in reporting the virus as a cause of death when someone manifestly did not die from it. It’s unclear how widespread this problem is. However, financial incentives tied to high Wuhan case numbers suggest that having federal money doled out to cash-strapped hospitals might motivate some people to massage numbers.

My father in law passed a few weeks back after being tested several times (I believe at least 8) over the last 2 months or so of his life, with him getting alternating positive and negative results.

He was hospitalized here in St. Charles and then transferred down to Barnes in the City. The man had several serious health problems, but he ended up aspirating and choking to death. By time they found him in that condition it was too late to save him.

His daughter was already on the way there when this happened, so they cleaned him up and allowed her and her sister in to visit with him a bit. While there they asked her to sign some paperwork. One of them was a form that was an "acknowledgement" that her father died of Covid, and authorizing immediate cremation. He wanted to be buried.

She called me, obviously distraught due to the entire situation, and asked if she should sign it. I was on speaker so the nurses there could hear me. Not only did I tell her not to sign a single thing they had, but that I would call Baue (big local funeral home for those not in our area) and have them dispatch somebody to pick him up immediately. I added that Baue would hold him until we received a death certificate, and if that stated Covid anywhere on it, we would pay for a private autopsy and bring in the lawyers.

All of a sudden the hospital required no signatures, the word Covid was never spoken again, and his death certificate stated aspiration along with his underlying organ failures.

My father in law's story as it relates to Covid proves the misleading numbers at every level. One person accounted for 8 (or more) tests. He accounted for multiple positives and multiple negatives. He was living proof that something was wrong with the testing, meaning that not all positives were positive and/or not all of the negatives were negative. They also attempted to use him as a Covid statistic upon his death.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Fox 35 did an investigation where they talked to Orange County Health Officer Dr. Raul Pino ...

When he was asked about whether or not the motorcycle victim's data was removed from the state's Covid system, he responded:

“.... But you could actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash. I don’t know the conclusion of that one.”

Is this guy simply a stooge, a monumental imbecile, or just an asshole?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

My father in law's story as it relates to Covid proves the misleading numbers at every level. One person accounted for 8 (or more) tests. He accounted for multiple positives and multiple negatives. He was living proof that something was wrong with the testing, meaning that not all positives were positive and/or not all of the negatives were negative. They also attempted to use him as a Covid statistic upon his death.

It's even more insidious than that. I've heard a couple of people recount instances of sitting in a waiting room for a Covid test after filling out the paperwork and then deciding to leave because the wait was too long. A few days later they received notice that they tested positive. Wtf? This is happening more than once and in multiple states.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

It's even more insidious than that. I've heard a couple of people recount instances of sitting in a waiting room for a Covid test after filling out the paperwork and then deciding to leave because the wait was too long. A few days later they received notice that they tested positive. Wtf? This is happening more than once and in multiple states.

Balze, that story has taken on a life of its own to the point of urban legend status. I am not saying it didn't happen at some point but I have seen the "they got impatient, left before being tested and were later notified it was positive" story recounted on pretty much every platform I regularly visit by folks from all over the country. Its always 3rd hand, never once the actual person who left then got the false results. Apparently this has happened to pretty much everyone's cousin's brother's sister in law.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Didn't one of our own members, an officer from Chicago, recount a story similar to that posted about the motorcycle accident based on his own experience?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sure the numbers are not entirely accurate. I have done graduate level research in the sciences, and more than one study has had false findings. The situation at the hospital in St. Louis is not unusual. If you press the right buttons at the hospital in the right way things happen.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
“.... But you could actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash. I don’t know the conclusion of that one.”

That takes a special kind of stupid to try and argue that. But that's what I expect from these assholes these days

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:

Balze, that story has taken on a life of its own to the point of urban legend status. I am not saying it didn't happen at some point but I have seen the "they got impatient, left before being tested and were later notified it was positive" story recounted on pretty much every platform I regularly visit by folks from all over the country. Its always 3rd hand, never once the actual person who left then got the false results. Apparently this has happened to pretty much everyone's cousin's brother's sister in law.

It may indeed be an urban legend, but the problem is that these covid numbers are so skewed, and we have been misled and outright lied to so much about them, that one cannot help but be skeptical. In fact, considering all that, people have a duty to be skeptical at this point.

So perhaps that story is BS, but it is perfectly believable. And that is the fault of our leaders, health experts, the media, and the techno-tyrants.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

It may indeed be an urban legend, but the problem is that these covid numbers are so skewed, and we have been misled and outright lied to so much about them, that one cannot help but be skeptical. In fact, considering all that, people have a duty to be skeptical at this point.

So perhaps that story is BS, but it is perfectly believable. And that is the fault of our leaders, health experts, the media, and the techno-tyrants.

Agree with everything you said here, I was just pointing out to you that you may be perpetuating a bad story based on how much the exact thing is popping up around the net.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agree with everything you said here, I was just pointing out to you that you may be perpetuating a bad story based on how much the exact thing is popping up around the net.

I went back and listened to the podcast where I heard that, and it was actually a listener's letter that recounted that story. And in fact that's what the podcaster referred to it as, a story. But the the broader point was similar to what I said. So you're right, it's likely a false story.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:
One of my wife's friends has it. She's 47, no underlying health problems, and she's not doing well. Prayers, please.

Prayers sent. A friend just got over it, 2 months and he was on a ventilator. Said he was pretty scared as it got grim for a bit and he’s happy to be alive. I do not want this shit.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12636 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The numbers we are getting are clearly manipulated. Wasn’t it the Chicago medical examiner and Dr. Birx herself admitted as much? That if you had been in hospice with stage four cancer then get pneumonia but test positive at the end you are counted as a corona death.
So you have to ask yourself why would they feel the need to do this?

As if it isn’t obvious enough that this virus is being hyper marketed as something it’s not ask Dr Jensen in Minnesota. He is now being investigated by the Minnesota Medical Board for spreading disinformation about the Covid. His disinformation is simply a opposing opinion to the desired narrative

Early predictions were 140 to two hundred thousand deaths in Minnesota. He tried to be the voice of reason and said he felt those were extremely high predictions and didn’t think we’d be anywhere near that. Today we are just past 1500 I believe and that number is inflated. He was also on the side of masks are not that effective even if worn properly which most are not.

He was very vocal against the CDC’s guidelines for counting covid deaths. He was among the first to point out the money games hospitals were playing by receiving more money for Covid deaths on the death certificate. So Dr Jensen has been closer to the truth than any of the others but he is the one being investigated.

I’m sure it’s just coincidence he is a Republican state senator who is rumored to be running to unseat Governor Walz in the next election.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:

Prayers sent. A friend just got over it, 2 months and he was on a ventilator. Said he was pretty scared as it got grim for a bit and he’s happy to be alive. I do not want this shit.

Hoping for the best as well. Recently a daughter of a second cousin of mine went through it. A wonderful, kind and lovely girl, only 41 with a great son. No past health conditions. She went through pure hell by all accounts, and has lingering effects. According to her mom (my relative), she now has damage to her lungs and perhaps other organs, though it wasn't made clear to us on what her prognosis is. Horrible, this stuff can be.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m sure it’s just coincidence he is a Republican state senator who is rumored to be running to unseat Governor Walz in the next election.

That's what the leftists do. Rather than debate on the merits, they set out to destroy anyone who dares to have a differing opinion. Theirs is always "the correct" opinion and no one else counts.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this is the best video I have seen on COVID-19

Paul E. Marik is a professor of medicine and serves as Chief, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at Eastern Virginia Medical School.

highly recommended

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
But, but, but.....The illustrious Dr Fauci just gushed all over the way New York handled his scam pandemic. He says they did it right. This little shit has been wrong about everything so far. How does he still have a job?
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...coronavirus-response

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Deferred disease disaster dawning on Democrats

A huge problem is coming soon. Authoritarian blue-state governors and mayors thought they could conduct lockdowns without dire consequences. But all that these fools have done is deferred disaster. That disaster is the reduction in city and state taxes due to the business shutdowns that they ordered.

State and local government officials are starting to hear about this lack of income from their finance teams, and they are mighty concerned. As a result, all across the country, panicked conference calls have been conducted and are probably still going on this weekend.

Specifically, the problem is balancing state and local budgets. Sales taxes from closed businesses are way down, and expenses due to precautions for the coronavirus are way up. There is no way to make these numbers balance. As a result, governments are burning through their reserves, safety funds, slush funds, and rainy day set-asides that they had managed to squirrel away in better times. But within weeks, if not months, the situation will become dire.

What will happen?

The first casualty appears to be our schools. School closures may be blamed on the coronavirus, but the actual reason has more to do with saving money. Next to go will be the consultants, contractors, and temps. After that will come the layoffs and furloughs of nonessential personnel such as secretaries, clerks, and construction and maintenance workers. Social services, housing, public transportation, sanctuary policies, prisons, and medical services may be the next to be affected. Outlandish management salaries and retiree benefits might get be looked at. Finally, what will be left intact will be police, medical, and fire personnel plus essentials such as sewer and water — but bring your own garbage to the dump. Most of these belt-tightening measures will not be popular with the general public, thus the impending disaster for state and local officials.

The reason all this is happening is 99.9% politics and 0.1% science. Our blue city and state officials, in their haste to virtue-signal to the media and to make President Trump look bad with lockdowns and business closures, have merely traded their short-term popularity for long-term disaster. They may kick this can down the road for a brief period of time, but most won't make it through the next elections.

It's ironic. At a time when Democrats and radicals in our society are screaming to "defund the police" and attempting to expand government by putting more people on the dole by destroying our economy, most of America is moving in a conservative direction with greater focus on first responders and less government.

A new social media trend could arise: #DefundtheGovernment!

https://www.americanthinker.co...ng_on_democrats.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post