SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
here in Tucson they cancelled the fireworks on the 4th of July

the reason? according to the Mayor the number one reason was....

drum roll please...

the coronavirus

WTF man, really, the coronavirus cancelled fireworks

no way it could have been the 30 straight days of wildfires on the mountains or the red flag warning

it had to be the virus

another casualty...too bad the mayor couldn't become a casualty we might actually survive this thing

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, it's bad, it's bad tell ya. Why, just today alone, there's 62.9 million new cases of the Big Kahuna Virus. .

Wait a minute, isn't that the Hawaiian burger place?

My girlfriend is vegetarian and well, I just haven't had a chance to try one, may i?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
When I went to the bank last week they had a sign posted asking people to bring in rolled coins.

Pay me a premium.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12390 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
national coin shortage.

I said, I hadn't heard. Cashier said, they hadn't either. Just posted.

DuckduckGo it. Apparently, yet another unintended
consequence of .gov interference in the free market.

Ah, crap. Roll Eyes The first four links that come up are from CNN, NY Post, MSN, and USA Today.

God bless America.

Posts: 13482 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

drum roll please...

the coronavirus

no way it could have been the 30 straight days of wildfires on the mountains or the red flag warning

it had to be the virus

another casualty...too bad the mayor couldn't become a casualty we might actually survive this thing

She's an idiot.

Tucson has bad roads, trash everywhere, homeless panhandlers, a major shortage of city Police and that idiots solution is to plant trees.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

drum roll please...

the coronavirus

it had to be the virus

No worries, private citizens will provide the entertainment....Los Angeles last night

Posts: 14630 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
No worries, private citizens will provide the entertainment.

I'm in the St. Louis area and mentioned this as soon as a lot of the festivals and public displays were being cancelled. Seems that many of the local fireworks tents were as busy as they have ever been, with a lot of the big stuff sold out.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

No worries, private citizens will provide the entertainment....Los Angeles last night

Looks like Baghdad's response to the opening air assault of Gulf War I. Big Grin

Posts: 293 | Location: Northeast Oregon | Registered: March 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You get the best fireworks from that guy with one eye and three fingers, selling them out of the back of an unlicensed pickup truck.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Oh my God! Oh my God! We're all going to die....Again! Roll Eyes I must say, I lmao throughout this entire piece of trash reporting. They are really, really, going the extra mile trying to scare the population into submission. What's next? The virus can teleport into a victim from across the country. Roll Eyes 239 Experts With One Big Claim: The Coronavirus Is Airborne

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Airborne? What, like flying monkeys?

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Read about the airborne virus here without logging in.

Bottom line: there is mounting evidence that airborne transmission is a significant pathway for the spread of COVID-19, but at this point no absolute proof.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16304 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
My coworker’s wife just popped positive. He’s on my team, so we are talking close daily contact. Myself and the rest of my team are getting the swab tomorrow.

Uuuugh! I have too much shit to do at work to be quarantined for at least two weeks.

Balloon Fiesta is cancelled, so I don’t get to shoot that show. I did just shoot a show in Gallup, NM on the third.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Read about the airborne virus here without logging in.

Bottom line: there is mounting evidence that airborne transmission is a significant pathway for the spread of COVID-19, but at this point no absolute proof.
I do not believe it and I pity anyone who does believe it. This entire thing is layer upon layer of bullshit and lies.

"239 Experts" = appeal to authority, a logical fallacy, because, just as you say, the claim is unproven. They may as well claim 10,000 "experts". It doesn't mean a thing, except that the con men are at it again.

You let us know when the "experts" prove their claim- factually and scientifically. Until then, it's merely more propaganda.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Just reporting the news, Boss, I don't believe it yet either. I would need to see quite a lot more proof.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16304 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Something for everyone to laugh about. Newsome in California banned all fireworks displays and told everyone to stay inside under penalty of fines. This is how California residents 'responded' to his demands.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the GDC had their candidate in the White House, there would have been no shut down of the economy. The media would have downplayed the entire outbreak and spun it into a positive for their side. We went through this with Swine Flu when (thanks Para) the Krimson Kenyan was in office.

Posts: 712 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Now we have a curfew Roll Eyes ....

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Probably don't need a separate thread yet;

China bubonic plague: Inner Mongolia takes precautions after case

Can't we just go back to the Murder Hornets?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12390 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKAngusKL:
If the GDC had their candidate in the White House, there would have been no shut down of the economy.

I keep reading similar opinions, but I have never seen an answer to my basic question:
How did the GDCs in this country cause the shutdowns in the rest of the world? As I recall, the Chinese even started their draconian measures before we did. I am willing to believe that the Democrats would do anything to advance their agendas, but are they that powerful?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post