SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
To me the masked sex recommendation pales in comparison to the prediction that the crud is spread by..... Farting.
Thats when I knew the whole thing had reached a heretofore unknown level of ridiculousness.
The entire stupid mess has shown me how easily panicked our population has become and how quickly they have bought fully into that panic, with no clear indication of whether or not the crud is truly dangerous. And I certainly saw how quickly politicians used panic to further their ambitions, personal agendas and party loyalties. And how quickly it became an ad campaign called "look at us, we are helping you". As long as you keep spending $$$.
Is the crud dangerous? Yes. Will it cause loss of life? Yes.
So will:
The Flu. Cancer. Heart disease. Vehicle crashes.
Holy crap! Life is dangerous! Buy more toilet paper! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is very telling that as soon as the market recovers, Fauci comes out with his fears of a "second wave" that causes a significant drop in the market.

The second wave will be the reason to keep people at home the rest of the year, and force the adoption of "vote by mail, except it doesn't have to actually be mailed through the USPS with an actual stamp and postmark, it can just be collected and delivered by party operatives."

I have to admit the over the top efforts of the left to pin everything on Trump, cause massive social upheaval, direct massive amounts of taxpayer money to buy votes, and subvert the entire voting process to allow them to fix the election are just "unprecedented". The Republicans would do well to learn and fight back with the same vigor, because you can't beat a dirty opponent with a clean fight. The high road is noble, but it's a losing path and no one cares anymore about having fair fights.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I think aoc started the farting rumor. Cows, our Rottie and I have that in common. Razz

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

The entire stupid mess has shown me how easily panicked our population has become and how quickly they have bought fully into that panic,

Events in human history that I had once grappled with to understand like the Salem Witch trials now make perfect sense to me after what I've been witnessing these past few months.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Republicans would do well to learn and fight back with the same vigor, because you can't beat a dirty opponent with a clean fight. The high road is noble, but it's a losing path and no one cares anymore about having fair fights.

That has frustrated me for years about the GOP. They curl up in a corner and let the leftists get away with all the insults, name calling etc. and now, as usual, apologizing for things they had nothing to do with.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I've mentioned a few times in this thread that in Texas the County Judge is the county's emergency manager.

The reason I mention this is that the past few days my county's Judge has been posting on FB about an increase in positive COVID-19 test the last 3 days. After getting some pressure from voters, the County Judge finally fessed up today that 75% of the cases in the county this week have been from a prison/jail. In other words:
  • the number of free people contracting it in my county is the same as last week and the judge was being a sensationalist again.
  • it has zilch to do with the Governor opening up Texas even more last week

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Frangas non Flectes
    Picture of P220 Smudge
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
    Events in human history that I had once grappled with to understand like the Salem Witch trials now make perfect sense to me after what I've been witnessing these past few months.

In the Jordan Petersen thread, one of the most recent videos has him addressing this phenomenon. Definitely worth a watch. Salem Witch trials, the Holocaust, communism, you name it.

Edit - Here:
    https://youtu.be/1HwHbIjW7_s

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    After getting some pressure from voters, the County Judge finally fessed up today that 75% of the cases in the county this week have been from a prison/jail.
    That's perfectly illustrative of why Americans should not believe anything we are being told about this farce; I mean zero. None of it. Not one spread sheet, pie chart, report or recommendation.

I've long known that there are a lot of gullible people in the world, but the way Americans bought all this hooey just takes the cake.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peripheral Visionary
    Picture of tigereye313
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    I've mentioned a few times in this thread that in Texas the County Judge is the county's emergency manager.

The reason I mention this is that the past few days my county's Judge has been posting on FB about an increase in positive COVID-19 test the last 3 days. After getting some pressure from voters, the County Judge finally fessed up today that 75% of the cases in the county this week have been from a prison/jail. In other words:
  • the number of free people contracting it in my county is the same as last week and the judge was being a sensationalist again.
  • it has zilch to do with the Governor opening up Texas even more last week

• tatortodd, do you have a link to that info? I have plenty of people I'd like to send that around to.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of erj_pilot
    posted Hide Post
    Here's one article, tigereye. I just skimmed it...

https://www.texastribune.org/2...-meatpacking-plants/

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Krazeehorse
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by az4783054:
    I think aoc started the farting rumor. Cows, our Rottie and I have that in common. Razz

Classic az. Blame the dog.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peripheral Visionary
    Picture of tigereye313
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by erj_pilot:
    Here's one article, tigereye. I just skimmed it...

https://www.texastribune.org/2...-meatpacking-plants/

Thank you!

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tigereye313:
    tatortodd, do you have a link to that info? I have plenty of people I'd like to send that around to.
    Just his FB post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ammoholic
    Picture of Skins2881
    posted Hide Post
    So, I've gone back to work recently this mask thing is untenable. No way people can actually do it. While working my mask gets soaking wet with sweat, even working indoors (I work at heights and temps are 10+ above the A/C settings). I feel like I am being choked. Everywhere I go people are wearing poorly fitted masks or just covering their mouths, if there was any effectiveness to it, they aren't when poorly fitting and not covering the nose. People will give up soon on it, all people no matter their feelings on masks.

On a funnier note, today I saw a guy running a loader (obviously by himself) with no one within 10 yards of him wearing a mask in 93 degree heat. What the fuck was he trying to accomplish?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
    Picture of Balzé Halzé
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Skins2881:
    So, I've gone back to work recently this mask thing is untenable. No way people can actually do it. While working my mask gets soaking wet with sweat, even working indoors (I work at heights and temps are 10+ above the A/C settings). I feel like I am being choked. .....

I have the perfect thing. My custom made, patented mesh mask. $29.99 w/ free shipping. Very breathable and you won't overheat. Guaranteed to do exactly nothing to protect you from the Wuhan, this much I promise you. What it will do though is give the impression that you care. And really, isn't that what truly matters?

Call now. 1-800-THE-BORG

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
    NRA Life Member (Patron)
    God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of erj_pilot
    posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Well, I just did a little roadtrip. Starting in north central Kentucky, through the state into Tennessee and into the western edge of North Carolina.

What I noticed was in Kentucky, no one in Rural areas was wearing a mask, and the Dimwhitcraps strong holds, like Lexington, and Frankfort were lots of people wearing them. Tennessee I saw about half of the people wearing them and no one in North Carolina. Not even in a couple of stories or restaurants I was in. I saw no one with a mask on in North Carolina.

I have noticed that most of the people that I saw fit into a "profile ". Mid 30's and younger and female are the majority of the "mask wearers ", especially in Kentucky. But I did notice that in Tennessee also. The other mask wearers are elderly, in to later 70's and older. The less fit they look, the more likely they are wearing a mask.

Now, this is just my "feelings" , but if masks were really that effective at preventing the wearer from getting the Kungflu, the authority's would have made sure that you were wearing them at the beginning.

When the Kungflu wasn't killing off people left and right like they said it would, and people started to question this. Now all of a sudden YOU HAVE TO WEAR A MASK!! Why? To scare people, to scare the hell out of people. To also Divide people. People who don't wear a mask, look at the people that do as misinformed, and the like. People that do look at those that don't as dangerous, and the like.

The mask is meant to SCARE THE HELL OUT OF YOU. It's also meant to divide you. Everything that the left does is political, and to distort facts. Everything they do is political and to destroy this country. To completely destroy it, the founding of the country, what it stands for, and it's history.

They (the left) hate you, and this country. They used and still are using the Kungflu to destroy this country, the greatest economy in history and the President of the United States of America Donald J. Trump.

WAKE UP!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peripheral Visionary
    Picture of tigereye313
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    Originally posted by tigereye313:
    tatortodd, do you have a link to that info? I have plenty of people I'd like to send that around to.
    Just his FB post

Excellent, thanks!

Picture of erj_pilot
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by ARman:
    Now, this is just my "feelings", but if masks were really that effective at preventing the wearer from getting the Kungflu, the authority's would have made sure that you were wearing them at the beginning.
    Good post, sir. The point you raise here is the backbone of the pointed question asked by MANY on these here boards. And that is, "If face masks are effective, then why was it necessary to release convicted felons into the general populace?"

Plain and simple...why? [I know it's rhetorical...Smile]

Go Vols!
    Picture of Oz_Shadow
    posted Hide Post
    I'm supposed to be on a plane right now for a family Disney vacation. It's going to be a long time before we can even schedule another. Damn virus.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post