SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm really glad to hear that someone challenged that idiot mayor in Louisville and a judge showed some common sense and also realized the unconstitutional violation against freedom to worship. There needs to be more pushback on these little dictator from everyone.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A Kentucky judge has granted a temporary restraining order filed by a Louisville church against Mayor Greg Fischer to allow drive-in service on Easter Sunday.

Yeah, even Queen Whitless has had more sense than to try to stop church services. Even in-person services being held within church buildings.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I was at the grocery store at 7AM this morning to keep my wife out of the grocery store. I saw a man wearing a homebrew mask that was leopard print. Para was the first thing that came to mind.

Posts: 3486 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
About masks, my older brother and I have been cranking them out.
I'm doing tight woven bedsheet(think 600 count) masks in 2 sizes.
I like making the accordion fold ones.
That piece at the top is a slip in filter from TexWipe. It's a scientific nonwoven lint free fabric.
Better than coffee filter.

My older brothers special ones.
I have a photos of his quick turn ones he sent to Seattle Washington this week.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39794 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I was at the grocery store at 7AM this morning to keep my wife out of the grocery store. I saw a man wearing a homebrew mask that was leopard print. Para was the first thing that came to mind.

I saw a lady the other morning wearing one of those bandanas over her face the way those cowboy outlaws used to wear in westerns. I almost asked her if this was "a stickup"? Razz

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:

My wife makes them. She keeps scraps (everything) and started about a week ago. Yesterday my oldest came over to pick up some stuff and drop off his latest 3D printer creations. He saw my mask and demanded it. Its just fabric print of the tops of beer cans! So I didn't have a mask. My wife went to work and made another. This one is too big, gotta work on it a little. And she made me another mask, this one a bit too big. The fabric print is Bacon! MMMM. Its designed to fit over an n95 mask. Not much use, I want to take it off and eat bacon. Oh, the inside is doughnuts. Some even with sprinkles. Her sewing hobby has many uses.

On the leopard print..are you sure it wasn't some girls panties?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18392 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Mask out of a Bra ...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24277 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Just saw a link on Drudge that some cities are canceling 4th of July festivities already. WTF?!?! C'mon comet.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5696 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Iceland coronavirus testing shows half who test positive show no symptoms

https://www.washingtonexaminer...ive-show-no-symptoms

Coronavirus testing in Iceland determined that half of the citizens who tested positive showed no symptoms.

Iceland has tested 10% of its population for the coronavirus, more than any other country, and the data reveals that roughly half of those who tested positive aren’t showing any symptoms, which is double the Centers for Disease Control’s most recent estimate, according to USA Today.

Iceland, which has a population that is about the same size as Tulsa, Oklahoma, has performed 96,000 tests per 1 million people.

"The size of a place matters. It tracks with the number of introductions of the virus. It is no coincidence the places now doing (the best work) share this feature," Harvard University epidemiologist William Hanage said.

Iceland's random tests revealed that between 0.3%-0.8% of the population is infected with the coronavirus. Since mid-March, the frequency of the virus among Iceland's general population that is not at the greatest risk has either stayed stable or decreased.

Iceland has refrained from imposing a full national lockdown like other European countries and the United States, and most businesses are still open.

However, the country did ban gatherings of more than 20 people. Iceland had more than 1,600 coronavirus infections; as of April 11, seven have ended in deaths.

A little more than 20,000 people have died from the coronavirus in the U.S., and around a half-million people have been infected.

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Droplets - peeing over the side of your bass boat
Airborne - puffing on a dandelion seed head

Posts: 432 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

We put 'em on when we leave the house, before even entering the car, then they're the last thing off after we get home. We hang 'em outside, in the sun, to disinfect. In any event: We don't go out where we need to wear 'em more than once a week, at the most. So even if we didn't hang them out in the sun, where UV could get to them, they'd be idle for longer than the length of time the virus is believed to remain viable on such materials.

I numbered 4 of them. I used them in order, so at a minimum they have been at least four days before I reuse them, which exceeds the time the virus should be viable.

I have masks due to my job. N-95 for attics and cutting drywall in old houses, and the basic pleated ones for if I got into people's houses with compromised immune systems. 90+% of the people in the grocery store are wearing them. What I don't understand is how food banks are running out of food, yet everyone had masks? That doesn't seem to add up at all.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This shelter in place is getting to me. I snapped at the wife telling her to STFU. Let's see, the last time I did that was never. Never. She accepted my apology and I'm grateful she did. CRAZZEEEEEE times right now.

Posts: 7592 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Louisville's Mayor fisher threatened to have police scan license plates at a drive in Easter service and force those attending to quarantine for 14 days. Judge strongly overruled him.

These DEMOCRATIC politicians get a superiority complex once they're elected. They think they're the king of their little fiefdom and all they have to say is they're ruling for the good of all and everyone will obey.

Year V

Posts: 2649 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This fucking issue reminds me of this......fuck the .gov. They have killed the economy for a little kid falling off his bike........FUCK!

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9j3heYZAk8

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Seriously? WTF?!?!

Passenger forcibly removed from bus for not wearing a mask.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would sue the hell out of the bus driver, the city, and the cops involved.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wow, are they really? How utterly shameful.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Wow, are they really? How utterly shameful.

I haven't read the article Trump is referring to but I know what it's about--this is straight from Fauci.

Year V

Posts: 2649 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
In Australia, the research continues.

A very good read on lab experiments with an anti-parasitic drug, Ivermectin.

Stopped SARS-CoV-2 in vitro, in cell cultures within 48 hours

Until further testing and clinical trials have to be completed, CANNOT be used on humans.

Ivermectin is an FDA-approved anti-parasitic drug that has also been shown to be effective in vitro against a broad range of viruses including HIV, Dengue, Influenza and Zika virus.

Ivermectin lab testing

A compound that is readily available around the world.

I have always been intrigued with biotech, and have friends in the virology area of expertise.

No, not hopes and dreams on this.
Sharing the story ...

--chris

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by springnr:
Droplets - peeing over the side of your bass boat
Airborne - puffing on a dandelion seed head

So southern.

And accurate.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post