SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 1207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Some crotchety old lady muttered "You're supposed to be going only one way." I said to her "I am going only one way."

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I was going to start wearing a ski mask when out in public

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15729 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Most of you probably aren't aware of how big the beach is in Wildwood, NJ. But it's probably the widest beach in the country. The average walk from the boardwalk, across the sandy expanse, to the ocean is greater than 3/4 of a mile.

It's a HUUUUUUUGE Beach. That beach is now closed to the public Roll Eyes

It's a freaking MASSIVE Beach!

I'm going surfing anyway mother fucks.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Anthony Fauci is nothing more than a political hack for big pharma. The drive behind his over-hyping the virus and the local government holding our lives ransom I believe is so they can make trillions on useless vaccine developments and gain even more power and control.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I think you're right, Mr. President.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30429 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I've got one of these for work.

And some P100 cartridges, full tyvek, gloves and booties.

I think I'll suit up next time...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
They keep harping on this Chinese coronavirus hitting "people of color" dis-proportionally.
Such bullshit.
Sure, it is more likely to spread in densely populated urban areas... which happen to be proportionally more black. They are also more Democrat. Why don't they say the virus hates Democrats? It would be just as true.

Yeah, it's bizarre. Or not really.

This from the shit rag The Boston Globe. One of my New England shipmates just showed it to me.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/20...nderlying-condition/

With coronavirus, racism is the underlying condition

Have you ever been in line at the grocery store behind a black family? Look at what they are buying. That might have something to do with these stats. Have you looked at the factors that make people with coronavirus more likely to die? Strangely it's mostly lifestyle based health problems.

What next they are going to say that black teens/men 16-30 y/o make up a disproportionate amount of people in jail for murder, not because they murder more people, but because of racism. Oh, wait, nevermind.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20839 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
I've got one of these for work.
[IMG][/IMG]

And some P100 cartridges, full tyvek, gloves and booties.

I think I'll suit up next time...

I've got P95 filters. Think I should change up to P100?

Mask - 1 by kpkina, on Flickr

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16387 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
From my local news station yesterday:

"Breaking news: the death toll from Covid-19 continues to rise."

(vthoky scratches his head for a moment...)

Um... I've got to ask... is there some point at which we expect the death toll to fall? Confused

Geeze....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ETA: A-ha! Maybe that point is the point in time at which the zombie population suddenly increases?

God bless America.

Posts: 13519 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

Bring one of those swords too. Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

Bring one of those swords too. Big Grin

Try to take my respirator... Big Grin

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16387 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20839 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Michonne rocks.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I got mine ready! I just got back from Lowe's and Home Depot. I wish I'd read this sooner...

Or maybe this...

Posts: 5768 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
From my local news station yesterday:

"Breaking news: the death toll from Covid-19 continues to rise."

(vthoky scratches his head for a moment...)

Um... I've got to ask... is there some point at which we expect the death toll to fall? Confused

Geeze....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ETA: A-ha! Maybe that point is the point in time at which the zombie population suddenly increases?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3453 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Just came back from the grocery store (Publix).

I counted eight people- including myself- not wearing a mask. For fuck's sake. Next time I go back, I'm wearing a motorcycle helmet with the visor down, and a cape.

They have blue tape on the floor at the head of each aisle, in the shape of an arrow, pointing the direction you should take down the aisle. I went down every Goddamned aisle in that store, against their arrows. Only one person said something. Some crotchety old lady muttered "You're supposed to be going only one way." I said to her "I am going only one way."

And if they make it mandatory to wear a mask in the store, I swear to God, I'll just tap into my reserves and leave them to their fucking circus.

Now your mentioning Publix. The Publix thats a few blocks away that I've been shopping in now for the better part of 20yrs has now found an employee who has tested positive, and the media has jumped all over this and deemed my small town of Cutler Bay where I live a "hot-spot!" Roll Eyes

My wife is one of those who are going pandemic nutty and now that she heard this on the news about our Publix she was in tears today, which I've rarely seen in our 20yrs of marriage..STOP IT MEDIA NITWITS!!!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Para you think that’s bad, our regional AP guy told us in a meeting this week that no one was exempt from the 6 feet rule. I asked, “So a couple, two friends/roommates, parent and child...no exceptions?” Correct, no exceptions. I told them I’m not saying a damn thing to anyone who arrives in the same car. Fucking looney tunes dude.

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Have you ever been in line at the grocery store behind a black family? Look at what they are buying. That might have something to do with these stats. Have you looked at the factors that make people with coronavirus more likely to die? Strangely it's mostly lifestyle based health problems.

Yup. And the much-maligned (here) Dr. Fauci has come right out and said so, during at least two pressers I've watched.

I'm waiting for somebody to claim he's racist. That's what usually happens when somebody has the temerity to point out facts like that.

I believe I saw on the nightly local drama program they call "news" that Queen Whitmer is forming a task force, to be headed-up by her Lt. Gov., to figure this out.

quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Para you think that’s bad, our regional AP guy told us in a meeting this week that no one was exempt from the 6 feet rule. I asked, “So a couple, ...

These people have lost all perspective. I'm half-inclined to go for a walk with my wife, holding hands, to see if somebody calls the cops on us

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I noticed everyone who wants to shutter in until there is a vaccine hates Trump. If Trump said we'd do just that though, there would be an uproar by those same idiots against it.

Year V

Posts: 2633 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Things are still pretty normal in the FL Panhandle.

Some mask wearers, but very few. Stupid tape on the floor to keep your distance, but that is about it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post