SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... 1207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
...This ass Fauci and some others are saying their needs to be a government ID card issued showing "virus free status" and technology to track individuals...

Kinda like a yellow star on your coat?

That ain’t gonna happen...

And that is a hill I’m willing to die on.

Never again.

What the assholes really want is to chip us.
HELL NO!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16250 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Why step on civil liberties when you can use a steamroller?

If you penned that Para you should submit it for publication somewhere even bigger than Sigforum.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Like I said previously, we are witnessing the biggest political power grab in our lifetimes.

I would love to see massive pushback against these mini-tyrants. I want to see the look on these governors' faces--Murphy, Wolf, Whitmer, Beshear--when they realize the citizens of their states are finished listening to them. I want them to have that look of disbelief like Nicolae Ceaușescu on that balcony four days before he was executed. All these leftist governors, wannabe dictators.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Listen, I’m no one. A retired cop who had a stroke.
I’m a Christian, I believe in Jesus, but my grandfather was a Jew. He survived the war because his family had the foresight to leave Eastern Europe after WWI. I will not have my family herded into any thing, any where.

Because of my police training I have, maybe one notch above the normal citizen’s level of knowledge about rights. But I know that writing tickets to people in a parking lot outside of a church is wrong. “Just following orders” was the excuse some nazis gave, and they deserved the noose.

When I was a cop I prided myself in using my common sense. And more people need to exercise theirs.

This sitting in houses is wrong. Period. And the government telling us to do it is wrong too.

The people threatened by this virus should sequester themselves. The rest of us should be able to go about our business. And get this country back into business. In a month the old folks can come out and be safe.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11301 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammer1967
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Like I said previously, we are witnessing the biggest political power grab in our lifetimes.

I would love to see massive pushback against these mini-tyrants. I want to see the look on these governors' faces--Murphy, Wolf, Whitmer, Beshear--when they realize the citizens of their states are finished listening to them. I want them to have that look of disbelief like Nicolae Ceaușescu on that balcony four days before he was executed. All these leftist governors, wannabe dictators.
He said they would take your licenses plate numbers and come to your house and demand you self isolate for 14 days. If you attend a gathering. I guessing he means church.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

If Jesus would have had a gun he would be alive today. Homer Simpson
“Him plenty dead” Tonto

Posts: 1091 | Location: TN | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
cootie-free ID card

That's gonna be a no for me, dawg.

No scarlet letters nor gold stars, either.

Those crazy fucking fools.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Apparently the Michigan Governor doesn't have enough control over our lives, she reversed her decision a second time and boating is now illegal (again).

She also ordered all stores that have products other than 'essential to support life' to block those aisles and not sell that product. So all home projects and hobbies just came to a screeching halt as well as anything other than electronic to entertain kids.

The message is pretty clear. If you're not in healthcare or other essential. Stay home, sit there, and do nothing. But you can still walk or ride your bike for now (it snowed yesterday...)

In related news (not reported) I was listening to county wide dispatch for a few hours tonight. It was back to back assault calls. Stabbings, beatings, one guy dragging a woman down the street by her hair, family brawls. This is working out awesome.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37991 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
I've got one of these for work.
[IMG][/IMG]

And some P100 cartridges, full tyvek, gloves and booties.

I think I'll suit up next time...

I've got P95 filters. Think I should change up to P100?

Mask - 1 by kpkina, on Flickr

HaHa, no N95 masks available in my little town in Montana, but I just bought a dozen 3M P100's and 3 sets of P100 filters for my 3M Quick latch facepiece from the auto paint store. Total cost was under $20 :-)

I have a particle mask that’s rated at 99%. I worn it out once as it makes me look like Bane the villain in “Dark Knight Rises.”

Oh my. It was like being on top of Mt. Rainier. Step, breath, step breath. Repeat.Believe me N95 is better.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

As much as I agree with you emotionally about this BS, I'd warn everyone to be very careful with suggesting we all simply ignore the law. The 'only' thing that holds society together is a willingness to voluntarily follow the law. Once a majority among us realize that the law means nothing anymore, utter chaos ensues. That's where these stupid, stupid, tinhorn dictator wannabe's are leading their states, and that outcome would be devastating to everyone.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
She also ordered all stores that have products other than 'essential to support life' to block those aisles and not sell that product.
She really think she's got the manpower to enforce any of that? Apparently reality has been completely clouded over for her by her bloodlust for power and control.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question for you guys so I can argue on Facebook. We all read the army hospital in Seattle lasted less than a week before being taken down. What about the 1200 bed army hospital they erected in NY Central Park. I can find a million pictures of it being built but nothing in its useable. Any ideas?

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Already happening in China. Mandatory phone app that gets checked at checkpoints.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
...This ass Fauci and some others are saying their needs to be a government ID card issued showing "virus free status" and technology to track individuals...

Kinda like a yellow star on your coat?

That ain’t gonna happen...

And that is a hill I’m willing to die on.

Never again.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:

You are already being tracked by your phone's GPS data and that is being used by State and Federal governments to see if people are staying home or not. It's been on the news several times in the form of rankings on what states are doing the best and it is usually cited.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37991 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
My $.02.

Both my wife and I are high risk. My hope is that this infection rate will break and the odds of running into someone spreading the virus will lower.

Second, the more they learn about the coronavirus the better the treatment options. Plus medical staff will not be overwhelmed.

Wish there was a better way.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
There's just no way that I would ever accept- much less carry- a government ID card declaring me to be cootie-free.

And I know that I am very far from alone.

Your going to carry a card that says your Covid antibody positive. There will be dating site parameters : Single white male Covid antibody plus.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
As much as I agree with you emotionally about this BS, I'd warn everyone to be very careful with suggesting we all simply ignore the law. The 'only' thing that holds society together is a willingness to voluntarily follow the law. Once a majority among us realize that the law means nothing anymore, utter chaos ensues. That's where these stupid, stupid, tinhorn dictator wannabe's are leading their states, and that outcome would be devastating to everyone.

The last thing I would wish for is revolution level violence. What I want to see are the representatives in these states begin to reign in these governors. It's about time. The orders they are issuing are completely arbitrary and without justification. Can any of them back it up? Show me something. What's the science? They are power hungry, and that's it. Imagine what one of these autocrats would be doing if he or she had the power of the Presidency right now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Apparently the Michigan Governor doesn't have enough control over our lives,...

I think she's gone too far. Way too far. She's getting an increasing amount of push-back. To the point it's now becoming a "news" item--where it wasn't until now, right after her latest edicts. Even some cities are pushing back over Whitless' declaring lawn and landscaping services non-essential and therefore prohibited.

Note that *government* lawn care and landscaping services aren't prohibited.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:

I haven't seen the arrows on the floor yet, but I don't care having to do that. For me everyone needs to take responsibility. If walking one way down an aisle helps keep order and 6 ft. separation, I'll do it.

I assume you're not going to pass anyone who is taking their sweet ole time either?

I find it hard to believe we live in a world where we no longer question stupidity.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

I assume you're not going to pass anyone who is taking their sweet ole time either?

I find it hard to believe we live in a world where we no longer question stupidity.

So what happens if I miss an item while walking one way down an aisle? Can I turn and walk the 8 feet or so back to said missed item? Or must I continue on and go back all the way around down the adjacent aisle so I can start at the beginning again?

No need to answer cause I know exactly what I would do.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)