SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
But if I go over there, get stopped by a cop, he asks me where I'm going and why, I tell him and he decides that's non-essential: $1,000 misdemeanor ticket for breaking the travel ban. ....

That is freaking crazy. How are they fining you? The cop is the one who decides what is legal travel on the spot?

Yup. It's at the LEO's discretion.

quote:
Did they pass a law, or does the Queen of Michigan just get to say who can leave their house or not?

A lawyer on one of this morning's TV shows argues that, yes: The Constitution allows the suspension of certain civil liberties in response to a crisis and Michigan law explicitly allows the same.

I'm not so sure about the Constitutional question and I'm not going to go wading through Michigan's Constitution and compiled law to find out.

quote:
How many new judges have they hired to deal with all the cases?

So far I believe that majority of Michiganians have been going along with the State's edicts. If even I am beginning to chafe at them, I suspect that won't obtain for much longer.

quote:
I wouldn't pay the fine or allow it to stop me from buying something I needed for my house.

Oh, I will go to court on this one if it happens.

Now even I am becoming a mite annoyed. And it isn't just because I'm the one impacted in this case. They've also declared lawn and landscaping services non-essential. Oh really? Have the state, counties, and municipalities all suspended their property maintenance? Have they suspended the property maintenance of the Governor's Mansion?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^ Is there an existing statute they are fining people under, or did you Queen just pull the amount out of thin air? Do you know what the actual charge is?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Kinda of curious where people used to die in NYC before they where ordered to stay in their homes?

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^ Is there an existing statute they are fining people under, or did you Queen just pull the amount out of thin air? Do you know what the actual charge is?

There's either a statute, Michigan Constitutional language, or both. The lawyer mentioned them, but didn't cite the exact sections or language.

Allegedly, both the Governor and the Michigan Dept. of Health and Human Services have such powers.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say just get a couple hundred bikers out, any kind. Too much punch drunk control freaks out there getting off turning America into a coast to coast velvet prison.

Posts: 97 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska USA | Registered: July 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
.... It just might be that these people were so terrified by the media and others, they opted to stay in their homes thinking they'd be better off trying to recover there then venturing out into the local hospitals where "everyone is dying". And if that's the case, many people may have unnecessarily died from not getting their regular treatments for any number of ailments. And if that does turn out to be the case, people need to fry for it.

Valid point, I hadn't considered that. I know unless I have a fever, dry cough, and loss of smell I wouldn't go to the hospital.

If infact that is the case the death should go in media column, not CV19 column.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

But if I go over there, get stopped by a cop, he asks me where I'm going and why, I tell him and he decides that's non-essential: $1,000 misdemeanor ticket for breaking the travel ban. ....

That is freaking crazy. How are they fining you? The cop is the one who decides what is legal travel on the spot? Did they pass a law, or does the Queen of Michigan just get to say who can leave their house or not? How many new judges have they hired to deal with all the cases? I wouldn't pay the fine or allow it to stop me from buying something I needed for my house.

Read the indictments in the Declaration of Independence again and see if we are tolerating more tyranny right now than they started a war over back then.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
data update from Cuomo on NY

They only had 200 new hospital patients yesterday. They had been running 1,000 to 1400 new hospital patients every day just a week ago.

Right now they have 18,279 hospitalized patients statewide.

Cuomo said that the state had reached a 90,000-bed capacity thanks to help from the Army Corps of engineers

NY has 138,259 active cases.

18279 / 138259 = 13% of the active cases hospitalized

Bad news is that NY City death rate is 5.9% of their confirmed cases

5150 / 87028 = 5.9%

The number of NY active cases is still rising. Hopefully they peak out real soon.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
On a brighter note, here's a "classical interlude" from Renee Fleming and Evgeny Kissin:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/MoFQ92rZT3o

Thank you for this video!!! A breath of fresh air in a smoke filled room.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
This crisis, I have failed to do my part. I'll start searching for what is next on my shopping list.

I salute you that are keeping your FFLs busy.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Everything about her is fake, including her tits.

Brainless twat. Where's my sandwich?

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^I haven't bought one since January, sorry for not doing my part. Smile

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Given the option, I always choose the dangerous ones.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
This crisis, I have failed to do my part. I'll start searching for what is next on my shopping list.

I’m awaiting one special order and have put five on consignment at my closest shop, so I’m helping both ways, improving my own holdings and increasing the supply for others. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Most Americans do not live in gated communities and have personal bodyguard protection 24/7. Most Americans are on their own, and it's a dangerous world. The police can't protect us.

Empty-headed fool. There's not a chance in Hell that this twit will ever figure it out.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
I salute you that are keeping your FFLs busy.
https://391392.smushcdn.com/17...ilano_nra_4-9-20.jpg
There are more than a few shifty dudes shuffling about. Baggy buttoned over-shirts concealing God-knows-what. Junkies with no easy B&Es 'cause everyone is home. Wait until the corner Slurp'N'Schmoke gets shut down, or there is a gap in 'payments'. Beware of the Mob. As another member posted:

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The number of NY active cases is still rising. Hopefully they peak out real soon.

Not nearly quite as soaring as Cuomo cried. Even I thought they would be hit worse.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
^^I haven't bought one since January, sorry for not doing my part. Smile

Careful here or you'll be brought before the waiver court. You'll need to prove you have enough guns and ammo, both. Of course the court will be tolerant as soon as you prove you already have "enough" of both. The baseline being can you even carry all the guns and then the ammo. Once you have that elusive "enough", you're free to go about your business.

Entering into the equation will be the caliber of the various guns and your proper selection of ammo for them. Be careful how you answer any questions. Minor firearms like 22s don't count for much. Whereas boomers are viewed upon with great favor. Same goes for handguns, even if its been shown more folks are killified by 22s than any other caliber. For example, everyone alive likes 44 maggies, but few really enjoy shooting them.

Most on the jury of gun nuts may not be the brightest knife in the drawer. Smile When asked about minor calibers, just change the subject and discuss your more entertaining calibers. If you already have a couple of dozen guns and you didn't do your part this month, you'll find no one really cares. If the ammo stores are out of stock, you should still have more than you can carry, or your pickup truck can haul safely.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
And yet another chapter from the Covid19 insanity from the "You can't make this shit up!" news. Big Grin

https://www.breitbart.com/crim...k-drugs-coronavirus/

An Iowa woman was arrested after allegedly asking the cops to check her stash of narcotics for traces of the coronavirus.

Shawn Salmen, 53, has been charged with two felony drug charges and a first-time offense of marijuana possession, KCAU reported.

...found 14.4 grams of substance which tested positive for methamphetamine...

14.4 grams is a lot of meth to be walking around with.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Everything about her is fake, including her tits.

Did you feel them or just size them up with a quick glance or two? Even brainless twits can carry a nice rack.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post