SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
More fear-mongering. The goal- apparently- is to just fucking paralyze everyone with fear. I'm sick of the lies, the posturing and the propaganda.

Check out the FoxNews.com front page graphic. It shows a computer animation of someone coughing in a grocery store than this ridiculous green cloud of death virus spreads to the guy in the next aisle. Totally ridiculous! Fear mongering x10

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
quote:
More fear-mongering. The goal- apparently- is to just fucking paralyze everyone with fear. I'm sick of the lies, the posturing and the propaganda.

Check out the FoxNews.com front page graphic. It shows a computer animation of someone coughing in a grocery store than this ridiculous green cloud of death virus spreads to the guy in the next aisle. Totally ridiculous! Fear mongering x10

LOL, or just scroll up on this page. .

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3488 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patriot:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
And I'm of the opinion that while a lot of these elderly people died with Covid-19, not all of them died from Covid-19. We're being scammed.

Death certificates are funny things...

My Dad died a while back of organ failure after getting sick and having a DNR in place.

When I got the Death certificate, they had the cause as a broken back.

He had broken his back about 7 years earlier and had complications from that point on of various things.

When I looked into it, I was told that the original issue should be listed...if it can be determined to have a chain effect on the final outcome.

So if you get a virus, but die of a heart attack that was brought on by weakness from the virus, they "may" list the virus as the cause even though the heart attack got you.

Cardiac Arrest (a "heart attack") can be caused by any number of things, but heart stoppage is something that always is part of death. If someone doesn't get sufficient oxygen to the brain for a long enough period of time, guess what happens? The heart stops!!!! So if one wanted to classify virtually every death as due to "heart failure", it's certainly simple enough to do. "Gunshot wound to the head=Heart Failure", "Pneumonia=Heart Failure", "Loss of Blood due to traumatic injury sustained from 30,000 foot fall out of an aircraft destroyed by a bomb"="Heart Failure."

Let's get real people! Most of us have medical issues that range from very minor and/or temporary to serious and chronic, but not immediately life threatening. This virus can kill those without any underlying illness and does so frequently, but the fact that those with other medical issues does not diminish the fact that COVID-19 killed them. It shouldn't be a political issue and I don't believe most MDs consider it one. The MDs I'm personally friends with sure don't look at it politically and when the treat patients or report deaths, they do what they've always done: Recognized and reported as their training and best judgment dictated according to the specifics of the case.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10268 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Governor of Minnesota extended the stay at home order three more days to May 4th. What three days is supposed to accomplish I have no idea. It's becoming painfully obvious in his press briefings he loves to hear himself talk. Loves to point at numbers on charts and graphs.

It's also very clear he is spending a lot of time in his preparation for these press briefings because he is very smooth in his delivery of things he is not a expert in. It's a charade, all of it.

This is a interview of a doctor and a Senator in the state of Minnesota. Should be eye opening to a lot of Minnesotans but unfortunately for many common sense has been replaced with a over powering fear.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Typo of the day over at news aggregator Gab Trends, ach! Eek

Jesus, did he swallow a smoke grenade or kegstand a full barrel after eating pea soup?

LOL, I don't think you can spew out more than you took in. Godzilla would be hard pressed to match that effort.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/the-...asts-full-briefings/

The office of Vice President Mike Pence will no longer allow members of the White House coronavirus task force to appear on CNN unless the network broadcasts President Donald Trump’s daily press briefings in their entirety.

“When you guys cover the briefings with the health officials then you can expect them back on your air,” a spokesperson for the vice president told the network.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
The CDC Confesses to Lying About COVID-19 Death Numbers

quote:
Can any government statistics on COVID-19 deaths be trusted?

It is an open question now that we are learning that the highly respected, world-class Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been lying to us.

Swell. I hope President Trump defunds the CDC, let the chicoms fund it.

Contrary to the article's claim, nowhere within the commentary does the CDC admit that they are lying. The author himself states (when discussing "Cause of Death" reporting standards), "Probably, I’m guessing, but it’s hard to know for sure."

I've dealt with investigation of "Cause" and "Manner of Death" reporting issues in Los Angeles County for decades. In most cases, autopsies are not done, because the decedent had been under the care of a physician for a prescribed period of time for a particular condition and had been examined within a period of time (30 days) that allowed the MD to sign off on the "Cause of Death", barring special unusual/suspicious circumstances. Does the lack of a full autopsy mean every single death is correctly attributed and homicide, suicide, or a accidental causes are never undetected? Does it mean the medical cause of death wasn't always properly recognized? Of course not! Presumptions have to occur, because it's simply impossible for every death to result in such investigations. It's too expensive, time consuming, and in the vast majority of instances unnecessary to have a full autopsy.

How many pathologists and support personnel would be needed right now in NYC alone to conduct so many postmortems and the accompanying laboratory work? When patients are admitted with acute symptoms, diagnosed with the best equipment available and treated as best as possible with properly trained personnel and still die, does it make sense to incur the costs of an autopsy or use that limited funding to deal with the exigencies imposed by a virus that's exhibited by literally hundred of patients at hand?

In a perfect world, every death would be fully investigated and a complete autopsy would occur in each instance. We don't live in that world and certainly don't want to foot the bill for it. MDs have to make assumptions based upon their training and experience, and use their best judgment while diagnosing, treating, and reporting illnesses. Suggesting that the absence of a formal autopsy is a sign of some conspiracy among medical professionals is not supported by either historical facts or our what's occurring in our present situation.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10268 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.breitbart.com/the-...asts-full-briefings/

The office of Vice President Mike Pence will no longer allow members of the White House coronavirus task force to appear on CNN unless the network broadcasts President Donald Trump’s daily press briefings in their entirety.

“When you guys cover the briefings with the health officials then you can expect them back on your air,” a spokesperson for the vice president told the network.
Shots fired! Bout time!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6373 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:

Sad, but very true. You should live like you are sick. Eating nutritional food, always, exercising in some capacity, and generally just trying to eat and exercise to have a strong immune system.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12961 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

Sad, but very true. You should live like you are sick. Eating nutritional food, always, exercising in some capacity, and generally just trying to eat and exercise to have a strong immune system.

You're disregarding the effects of normal aging, injuries, and disease that occur to almost all of us. It's okay to let older people die early, because they haven't kept in shape? Pretty damn dismissive of a good segment of our population that haven't brought this on to themselves (as you imply). If you or a loved one gets hit with this (which I pray doesn't occur), maybe you'll change your mind, but I'm sure someone else will point to your case and find reason to say you brought it on to yourself too. Frown

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Guys, Jesus. Stop quoting images which are already on the page. What's the point of this?:

Clutter. Nothing but clutter. Anything past one copy of an image on the page is pure clutter. Comment on the image all you like, but don't quote the image. Pointless. It's just taking up real estate.

Posts: 109160 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
comments about the death predictions from IHME

while the mean predictions for total COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. has been decreasing, the means have stayed within the band of former predictions

1 Apr 93,765 mean w range 41,399 to 177,381

5 Apr 81,766 mean w range 49,431 to 136,401

8 Apr 60,415 mean w range 31,224 to 126,703

Some of the input parameters have estimated means that change as more real data comes in and associated variances that force a range of predicted values.

We can be glad the high estimates are coming down and not going up.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Just when you thought this thread couldn't get any Wilder.....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Just when you thought this thread couldn't get any Wilder.....

That is so last page.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
And a question. Does the 'Blue' bars on the chart reflect only those who were hospitalized and recovered? I assume that is the case which shrinks the size of the recovered dataset substantially. I doubt anyone is tracking those who tested positive, where sent home to recover, and did.

Our county does just exactly that. If you have a positive test, you are sent home and told to stay in quarantine until release by county public health. According to an article written by one local guy, he was called every day until he was cleared by public health. The clearance was based on a certain amount of time with no symptoms. At the moment, our county is reporting 102 confirmed cases with 65 recovered. Mrs. slosig followed a more granular local data source and there were something like five people hospitalized in the county and based on the history of it, it sounded like two must have been discharged from the hospital. On the other hand Lost Angels county report 7,573 confirmed and 0 recovered. Something tells me that they are not tracking the recovered at all, or at least are not reporting it.

Posts: 7096 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our empty suit lefty governor here in Wisconsin just issued an order to shut down all the state parks. God forbid people should be able to walk around outside.

I suppose he is doing what he needs to take the spotlight off of his awful handling of our elections on Tuesday...

Wisconsin Governor Shuts Down Parks

Posts: 328 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
You're disregarding the effects of normal aging, injuries, and disease that occur to almost all of us. It's okay to let older people die early, because they haven't kept in shape? Pretty damn dismissive of a good segment of our population that haven't brought this on to themselves (as you imply). If you or a loved one gets hit with this (which I pray doesn't occur), maybe you'll change your mind, but I'm sure someone else will point to your case and find reason to say you brought it.

Is that what you took from that? Fuck me, well thank you for taking the time to explain exactly what I was implying by posting that meme, even if you pretty much missed the point entirely. Guess Ill go have a coke now.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3488 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Might be working elsewhere, but around my parts the people I know are getting pissed. Whether government lifts this moronic quarantine or not, I truly believe a large number of people are very soon going to ignore it and try to go back to some semblance of their lives.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
You're disregarding the effects of normal aging, injuries, and disease that occur to almost all of us. It's okay to let older people die early, because they haven't kept in shape? Pretty damn dismissive of a good segment of our population that haven't brought this on to themselves (as you imply). If you or a loved one gets hit with this (which I pray doesn't occur), maybe you'll change your mind, but I'm sure someone else will point to your case and find reason to say you brought it.

Is that what you took from that? Fuck me, well thank you for taking the time to explain exactly what I was implying by posting that meme, even if you pretty much missed the point entirely. Guess Ill go have a coke now.

I thought your point was pretty obvious, but maybe I missed the "rolling eyes" emoji-con. In any case, you're not my type, so I guess you'll have to f_____ yourself if you need it so badly.