SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
These leftist governors are manifesting the largest political power grab of our lifetime. Every day it seems tyrants like Jersey governor Murphy are issuing orders shattering liberties at a whim. Just now Pennsylvania governor douchebag Wolf just closed all Pennsylvania schools for the rest of the year.

These autocrats need to be reigned in by their state legislators. This is appalling what's happening across this nation.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
These leftist governors are manifesting the largest political power grab of our lifetime. Every day it seems tyrants like Jersey governor Murphy are issuing orders shattering liberties at a whim. Just now Pennsylvania governor douchebag Wolf just closed all Pennsylvania schools for the rest of the year.

These autocrats need to be reigned in by their state legislators. This is appalling what's happening across this nation.

Colorado is right there too.

I hope the citizens remember and vote these fuckers out of office at the next elections, or run recalls now.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
The CDC Confesses to Lying About COVID-19 Death Numbers

quote:
Can any government statistics on COVID-19 deaths be trusted?

It is an open question now that we are learning that the highly respected, world-class Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been lying to us.

Swell. I hope President Trump defunds the CDC, let the chicoms fund it.

Yes, and they were "honest" about at the start:

Guidance for Certifying COVID-19 Deaths

I keep waiting for the public hangings to begin.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 673 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Colorado is right there too.

I hope the citizens remember and vote these fuckers out of office at the next elections, or run recalls now.

[sarcasm]But they are saving our lives.[/sarcasm]

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
This power grab is also happening in my little beach front community of Dare County NC. They posted police at the 3 bridges to restrict access to only full time residents....who are fully allowed to leave the island, shop in the big cities and return...

Several of the Non Resident Property Owners (NRPO) Have filed a federal lawsuit against these little tyrants. Hopefully they will prevail..

https://www.obxtoday.com/top-s...DM_cI77eVl5VUrdRx_FE

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

[sarcasm]But they are saving our lives.[/sarcasm]

LOL But of course they are.

This is all about trying to unseat President Trump, any other reason, factual or not, is a distant second.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
fucking CNN

they should be thrown out of the WH press briefings

https://twitter.com/i/status/1246950013705637890

CNN’s @JDiamond1
asks President Trump why he ‘promotes’ Hydroxychloroquine.

Trump: “I want to save lives. I don't want it to be in a lab for the next year and a half as people are dying all over the place... only CNN would ask that question. Fake News.”

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
The CDC Confesses to Lying About COVID-19 Death Numbers
quote:
Can any government statistics on COVID-19 deaths be trusted?

It is an open question now that we are learning that the highly respected, world-class Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been lying to us.
I've suspected this all along. They're giving us all these numbers and we're simply accepting them. Well, actually, some of us aren't accepting these numbers. I don't trust anything the government- that's local, county, state and federal- tells us about this farce.

The majority of Americans are accepting these dire numbers and have had their lives altered because of this idiotic overreaction of all these bureaucrats who exaggerate everything because they fear for their jobs. We have to say that there is going to be 2.4 million deaths in the United States because God forbid that anyone in a position to do so should give us a more reasonable estimate. No, blow these fucking numbers up until there's no way to underestimate. And, hey, look, our extreme preventative measures stopped 'X' number of peple from dying, right? No, all you did was shit some gigantic number out of your mouth, then celebrated our 'victory' when we didn't come close to your fantasy figure. Get it?

These ignorant, self-serving bureaucrats have protected their own stupid asses, and in the process, fucked up our lives and fucked up the best economy any person living right now shall ever see.

The tragedy of all this is not the virus itself; the tragedy of all this is the innate stupidity and FEAR of human beings being used against us by those in power. You'll see. When all is said and done, the truth will come out, and you will see that all this closing down of everything, and the inculcation of Americans to hiss and recoil in horror when another person gets within ten feet of them is such a travesty, we should wrap up this mess by publicly hanging some bureacrats.

Posts: 109160 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tax revenue for cities and states must be collapsing as expenses increase with unemployment etc.

Those on the edge will go over- It'll be interesting to see this unfold.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13499 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^ The Fed has been buying municipal bonds left and right.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4018 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Dems are actively trying to keep the economy down.

Dems block McConnell bid to swiftly approve $250B more for small business fund

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...help-fails-in-senate

A $250 billion urgent request to shore up a depleting small business fund failed to pass the Senate Thursday after Democrats objected to the measure pushed by the White House and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

With lawmakers home and social distancing, McConnell sought to pass the cash infusion swiftly Thursday by unanimous consent with a skeleton group of senators, but Democrats blocked the effort because they want add-ons to help businesses in disadvantaged communities and an additional $250 billion in funds for other priorities.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
we should wrap up this mess by publicly hanging some bureacrats.

If only...

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5425 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Had to make a grocery run yesterday afternoon. Noticeably more vehicles on the road than the previous couple weeks and driving through neighborhoods noticed quite a few people (6+ adults and not to mention the kids running around) hanging out in driveways having a beer.

I don't expect people to continue on with this "distancing" stuff past the next week or two.

Posts: 10195 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I was picking up some groceries in a local Publix this morning and there was a really funny scene.

In order to facilitate social distancing, aka "stay the fuck away from me," the aisles have six foot markers (that's almost a fathom!) and the aisles are now marked for one-way traffic, with arrows on the floor, and big X markers at the no-entry end of the aisle. Essentially, you go one way in an aisle, and the opposite direction in the next aisle. Even numbered aisles are eastbound and odd numbered aisles are westbound.

That helps to keep people separated, except for brain damaged or entitled people, like the millennial female who was going the wrong way in an aisle this morning. I was going the correct way, and was following (with appropriate separation) another dude. As said dude approached the wrong-way female, she started shouting at him, "Six feet! Six feet!"

He responded, loud and clear, "If you paid attention to the direction of traffic there would be no problem with six feet."

Millennial female just kept shouting, "Six feet! Six feet!"

Dude grabbed his crotch and said to her, "I got your six feet, right here," as he passed her with maybe two feet between them.

I cracked up, funniest exchange I have seen this week.

She glared at me, I said "He's right, you know," as I pointed at the directional arrows on the floor.

Now it was my turn to be the Bad Guy, as she started shouting at me, "Six feet!"

I had no more words for her, just kept laughing, which made her more angry and frustrated. Simple pleasures in hard times, that was the most fun I have had in quite a while.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31449 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing the same thing here, increasing numbers of people on the roads.

I live near a busy road, it was very quiet all day mid-March, traffic has been ramping up in the last 2 weeks, now there is a little "rush hour" in the mornings too.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...f170df8f8_story.html

President Trump is preparing to announce as soon as this week a second, smaller coronavirus task force aimed specifically at combating the economic ramifications of the virus and focused on reopening the nation’s economy, according to four people familiar with the plans.

The task force will be made up of a mix of private-sector and top administration officials, including chief of staff Mark Meadows — whose first official day on the job was last week — Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and national economic adviser Larry Kudlow, a senior administration official said.

Meadows is likely to lead the task force, though no official decision has been made, two senior administration officials said.

The economic task force — which will be separate from the main coronavirus task force, despite having some overlapping members — will focus on how to reopen the country, as well as what businesses need to rebound amid catastrophic conditions. The goal is to get as much of the country as possible open by April 30, the current deadline Trump set for stringent social distancing measures.

The economic task force will not meet every day, like the large one, and is expected to have a more informal feel, with many of the meetings held over the phone and as in-person briefings with the president.

An announcement could come as early as this week, although within the West Wing, there were previous plans to announce this second task force earlier this week — and those were delayed.

The White House declined to comment

xxxxxxxxxx

and then the Wash Post goes on and on that

" The second task force adds yet another layer to an already unwieldy bureaucratic coronavirus response process within the White House"

blah blah blah

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
It might be time to buy some stock.

What's a good pitchfork manufacturing company?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16644 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
It might be time to buy some stock.

What's a good pitchfork manufacturing company?

Or a source for tar and feathers...or maybe good sturdy rope

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Dude grabbed his crotch and said to her, "I got your six feet, right here," as he passed her with maybe two feet between them.

I cracked up, funniest exchange I have seen this week.

She glared at me, I said "He's right, you know," as I pointed at the directional arrows on the floor.

Now it was my turn to be the Bad Guy, as she started shouting at me, "Six feet!"

My god, that had me laughing out loud. Only way to make that story better is if you repeated his insult towards her. Thanks for that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
I’m completely fed up with all of the daily press briefings. I don’t give a damn anymore about anything other than when will this stop. Nothing else matters anymore. Everyone’s doing a great job, great, thank you, thank you. Here’s some fake numbers, flatten the curve, horrible deaths are on the way, stay at home, here’s Birx and Fauci, blah, blah, blah. Everyday it’s the same thing.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3634 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post