SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
DocH or any one else.Has there been any preliminary reports out of New York on the trial treatments?
There is a clinical study under way of Remedsivir that has a goal of enlisting 400 COVID patients who are in ICU and on oxygen. The teaching hospitals in Chicago and east coast are primary participants. Hopefully this study shows high antiviral activity that would cease the trial early so the placebo recipients would receive the drug. We can hope!

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Good chat.

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
[One might also ask, if this virus does not like hot weather, why aren't our numbers declining (or at least slowing to rise) given the damn temperature has been near 90 degrees for the past couple weeks? I did some yard work on Saturday and the temp gauge at my house showed 92 degrees.

I think the argument is that we got an influx of infected people after the first batch showed up which stretches out the period we will be affected by it.

Posts: 10968 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Perry:
British Cigarette company develops a vaccine

In short, British American Tobacco claims they have a workable vaccine ready to go, and can produce upwards of 3 MILLION doses per week.

Haha Big Grin

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3643 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Pennsylvania is predicted to be one of the early states with days about 16 April
We have a lot of people that work in NYC and live down here (SE PA).

I've been seeing a lot more NY license plates over the past couple of years. While we were going to see houses a couple months ago I noticed that there was at least one car showing up to the open houses that had NY plates and of the houses we had seen by appointment I would say 75% of the time there was another couple there from NY.

The NJ/NY diseased either commuting or fleeing to PA will be met with a very cold and/or hostile reception. The Poconos are being overwhelmed by them - stressing the medical and infrastructure. We have friends & relatives up there - let's just say the NJ/NY invaders are being shown a very unpleasant way back East.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Seeing a ALOT of anger directed toward China on social media today.
As well there should be. The world should band together when all of this is over and burn their economy to the ground.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Pennsylvania is predicted to be one of the early states with days about 16 April
We have a lot of people that work in NYC and live down here (SE PA).

I've been seeing a lot more NY license plates over the past couple of years. While we were going to see houses a couple months ago I noticed that there was at least one car showing up to the open houses that had NY plates and of the houses we had seen by appointment I would say 75% of the time there was another couple there from NY.

The NJ/NY diseased either commuting or fleeing to PA will be met with a very cold and/or hostile reception. The Poconos are being overwhelmed by them - stressing the medical and infrastructure. We have friends & relatives up there - let's just say the NJ/NY invaders are being shown a very unpleasant way back East.

Well, the shoobies were doing the same to the Cape May/Wildwood communities, so it goes both ways.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Well, Fredo now has Da Rona too.

Chris Cuomo tests positive for coronavirus
Maybe he'll lash out at the virus itself for being anti Italian by invading him.

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
To be fair, NY was the #1 fled state in the nation, long before this virus nonsense. Big Grin

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
DocH or any one else.Has there been any preliminary reports out of New York on the trial treatments?

Have not seen yet, but initial trial is ongoing for chloroquine and remdesivir, and has shown success in reducing both transmission and shortening clinical course. We are currently engaging in probably the largest field trial ever conducted on drug therapies, so will shortly have lots of data to analyze.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

In short, British American Tobacco claims they have a workable vaccine ready to go, and can produce upwards of 3 MILLION doses per week.

The people who run cigarette companies are clearly some of the finest people on earth.

Plus they make really awesome ads...

(Seen in the latest American Rifleman)

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:

So a cigarette company, British American Tobacco (BAT) comes up with the vaccine to kill a virus that originated in a bat and destroys the lungs.....I am not sure you could make that up!

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a relatively small impact to my family

My daughter (married w kids) got very sick last night. The short version is she wound up in the ER. Everything now looks reasonably good.

No temp. lungs clear. very dehydrated. no flu.

No corona test because no temp. possible food poisoning. She will probably be released soon.

Her husband was not allowed in the hospital. He had to sit in his car in the parking lot and text to his wife. Place is locked down. Thank goodness she had her cell phone.

And I'm thinking Virginia hospitals will be dealing w this till July.

Posts: 19584 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:[QUOTE]

41 posted an extremely positive report about midway down page 265:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...5/m/9320007564/p/265

Thanks I missed that

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Plus they make really awesome ads...

Now that is some damn fine marketing.

Cheers.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
quote:

So a cigarette company, British American Tobacco (BAT) comes up with the vaccine to kill a virus that originated in a bat and destroys the lungs.....I am not sure you could make that up!

That is printed in a British paper on April 1. It's a joke. They do that.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel the need to go get a few packs of Lucky Strikes to help support BAT and the research. Grew up in tobacco country back when...

Posts: 3223 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
quote:

Cheeky bastards! Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

Cheeky bastards! Big Grin

They've gotten me a few times.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You would think it would state somewhere at the end of the really long article that it was a joke. Not really something most would consider funny to joke about right now.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post