SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Fauci warned world health leaders in spring 2020 that COVID could be lab leak

https://nypost.com/2021/06/07/...9-could-be-lab-leak/

White House coronavirus adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci briefed world leaders more than a year ago on fears that COVID-19 had leaked from a Chinese laboratory, former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb has revealed.

“I was told at that time, back in the spring [of 2020], that Dr. Fauci had gone over to a meeting of world health leaders in Europe around the World Health Assembly, and actually briefed them on the information that they were looking at — that this could have been a potential lab leak, that this strain looked unusual,” Gottlieb told CBS News on Sunday.

“So those discussions were going on,” the former head of the Food and Drug Administration insisted on “Face the Nation” of suspicions over the Wuhan Institute of Virology in the epicenter of the pandemic.

Gottlieb said news of Fauci’s briefing was shared by “a very senior official in the Trump administration,” with the former president among those who long raised suspicion over the lab-leak theory.

However, Fauci soon “dispelled some of those suspicions” in the theory that has recently escalated among global leaders, with President Biden ordering a high-level investigation to be completed in 90 days.

Scientists now say that the coronavirus has “damning” sequencing that suggests it had human input. But even if Fauci thought the contagion looked natural, he should never have dismissed the lab-leak theory so readily, Gottlieb said.

Looking at it “through the lens of national security” and not just a “scientific mindset” clearly “changes the overall assessment,” he said.

“The science is one piece of information, but there’s a lot of other information that points in the direction that this could have come out of a lab, that we need to have a broader view about the potential risk that this was a lab leak,” he said.

He highlighted the “behavior of the Chinese government, the behavior of the lab, other evidence around the lab, including the infections that we now know took place.”

“Public health preparedness is a matter of national security,” Gottlieb added.

Fauci’s own handling of the theory has been sharply criticized since the release of his emails, which further highlighted his possible ties to the Wuhan lab and its researchers.

COVID-19 has killed more than 3.73 million people and infected nearly 175 million worldwide as of Monday, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Well my wife's uncle, aged 60 or so is in the hospital right now, his entire one side of his body went numb and he was rushed to the ER Sunday afternoon, I really hope it wasn't a stroke.

Turns out his family pressured him into getting vaxxed and now he's fucked up because of it. Mad

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Well my wife's uncle, aged 60 or so is in the hospital right now, his entire one side of his body went numb and he was rushed to the ER Sunday afternoon, I really hope it wasn't a stroke.

Turns out his family pressured him into getting vaxxed and now he's fucked up because of it. Mad

My friend, late 30's, just had an acute stroke that I am 100% certain was caused by the vaccine. The "dozens of doctors" he had seen afterwards are befuddled as to why he had a stroke. Can't figure it out! Well, I got a pretty damn good idea why.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, you've said this at least twice.

Posts: 107608 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I ran across this and thought it was pretty good.

https://leakedreality.com/vide...-getting-the-vaccine

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jupiter - very informative.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Thanks Jupiter - very informative.

Thank you Sir. Smile

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
I ran across this and thought it was pretty good.
Yep, well put together video. Something noted in the video that is the most telling is that there is no focus whatsoever by the 'experts', the media, or government, on treatment routines. I can't think of a single time across my life where the medical establishment has completely ignored treatment options in favor of a blind confidence in vaccines. That coupled with the censorship of anyone asking questions or posing an alternative opinion, should lead anyone with a functioning brain stem to be very hesitant to take the poke. Yet look at the sheep lining up and braying for their turn.

As I told someone who was aghast I had not been vaccinated, I trust my body and its ability to address viral infections far more than I trust an experimental vaccine or the clowns pushing it. Even my good friend and neighbor, a very renowned and respected cardiologist, told me he could see no reason why 'I' would qualify as someone who should consider the vaccine.

Without pulling my tinfoil hat too tight, I really believe there's an agenda at play here none of us are privy too.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Without pulling my tinfoil hat too tight, I really believe there's an agenda at play here none of us are privy too.

It will be difficult if not impossible but just like always, follow the money.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
And here we go.... If you can stomach the BS and stupidity in this story have a watch and see where this is headed. I hope these nurses win their lawsuit and it costs that hospital millions in payouts.

Methodist Hospitals CEO..."The vaccines have been fully tested and are effective at preventing vaccinated people from getting the virus." That right there is grade A BS. Not even Phizer claims conclusively that the vaccines prevent you from aquiring the virus.

News anchor moron..."The number of unvaccinated people are preventing the country from reaching herd immunity". That right there is an outright lie and an intentional omission of information. Given the number of people who been exposed to Covid thus far and have recovered (or had no symptoms), it has been proposed by a number of doctors and researchers that we have likely already reached herd immunity. But of course any discussion of that reality would virtually end the vaccination push.

The lies just continue to flow in pursuit of some agenda, and that agenda appears to have nothing to do with protecting public health.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Something noted in the video that is the most telling is that there is no focus whatsoever by the 'experts', the media, or government, on treatment routines.

Thats because it goes against the gravy train. If there is any approved treatment for a disease, an EUA is invalid.

"13. Therapeutics and prophylactics for coronaviruses, like Hydroxychloroquine, have been approved in the WHO, CDC and NIH websites.

But, suddenly in 2020 they were banned. Why? Because, according to FDA rules only when there are no alternative therapeutics, can untested vaccines be cleared for Emergency Use Authorization. "

35 reasons not to get vaccine

"Under an EUA, FDA may allow the use of unapproved medical products, or unapproved uses of approved medical products in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or life-threatening diseases or conditions when certain statutory criteria have been met, including that there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives. "

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-b...n-vaccines-explained

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This information was released in August 2020.Notice how the recent news revelations into gain of function research and Fauci's leaked emails confirm almost to the letter what this video reveals.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
This information was released in August 2020.Notice how the recent news revelations into gain of function research and Fauci's leaked emails confirm almost to the letter what this video reveals.

Yep. The "Plandemic" videos should be the start of everyones learning curve. Big Tech and the main stream media have gone to great lengths to ban the videos. Thank God we have people like David Martin on our side.

-- George Orwell

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
My Congresswoman, Diana Harshbarger, has been talking to Newsmax.

Can't understand why anybody listens to Fauci

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
United Airlines has announced that having the Covid vaccine is a REQUIREMENT of employment for new-hires. To say this makes me so fucking mad and absolutely FURIOUS is the understatement of the century. What in the absolute fuck happened to "my body, MY choice"?!?!?!? I guess that only holds water if it fits the Leftist Progressive agenda.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
I’ll bet United and most every airline won’t be requiring a vaccine to fly though; it would be financial suicide and they know they would throw away a huge amount of revenue they cannot afford to lose.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
United Airlines has announced that having the Covid vaccine is a REQUIREMENT of employment for new-hires.

I believe Delta was the first to implement this. And now it seems United is following their lead. Probably other companies will soon follow suit.

I hope these companies are ready for some lawsuits.

I'm not sure I mentioned it yet, but a good friend of mine recently got the vaccine, and.... Razz

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
United Airlines has announced that having the Covid vaccine is a REQUIREMENT of employment for new-hires. To say this makes me so fucking mad and absolutely FURIOUS is the understatement of the century. What in the absolute fuck happened to "my body, MY choice"?!?!?!? I guess that only holds water if it fits the Leftist Progressive agenda.
Isn't there a bit of legal liability in there? To force new hires to take the poke, but existing employees, not to? How could anyone argue that accomplishes anything? Something tells me this little hiring rule may result in a big lawsuit (hopefully).

posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]Isn't there a bit of legal liability in there? To force new hires to take the poke, but existing employees, not to? How could anyone argue that accomplishes anything? Something tells me this little hiring rule may result in a big lawsuit (hopefully).[/QUOTE]

I'm not a lawyer and I don't support this in any way, but the loophole here is they're requiring *future* new hires to have the vaccine. So no one is forcing anyone to get the poke or potentially lose their job, they're simply making it a condition of employment same as a college degree or other qualification.

Since being non-vaccinated is not a protected class I think it would be a tough hill to climb with a discrimination lawsuit. Alaska Airlines used to, and probably still does require new hires to be non nicotine users, and I believe they do test for it during onboarding. Obviously not exactly the same as vaccination but point is companies have a lot of latitude in terms of hiring requirements as long as it doesn't discriminate against sex, color, disability, etc.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Isn’t it somewhat morally reprehensible? They require it to limit their liability in case someone gets sick. Not because they have people’s best interests at heart; certainly not of candidates. And wouldn’t the sick person have to prove that they got sick from someone at work? And even if so, isn’t that just nature?

I would really love if these companies suffered some huge legal loss because of this.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12721 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post