SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
I'm in S Indiana and can see Kentucky from my window. 12 deaths in Indiana and they are burying the number in Ky. 3/23/20, 3 were dead statewide. Death is sad but part of living. Absolutely insane to close down these two states simply due to fear.

Beshear is a lefty TDS bastard as Ky governor and Indiana's Eric Holcomb is just a good hearted pussy. Should have been a preacher no way he cuts it as governor but he rode Pence's coattails.

Very true. Lil Andy is evil. And the lemmings are chanting “go Andy!” As they go over the cliff.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37195 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Why do many of y'all insist on arguing "losing a few old/infirm people ain't worth the economic hit" when that is not the point of the restrictions? As has been explained repeatedly, both here and in the press conferences: The purpose is to slow the infection rates in hopes of avoiding overwhelming health care systems while the government and medical community seek to get a handle on this thing.

As an aside, btw: In Detroit, 43 and 38 year old men with no underlying health conditions died today of complications resulting from C19 infections.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Update: Testing started here just 1 week ago. We had a few confirmed cases from testing late last week, sent home to isolate and hopefully recover.

Our first CV patient admitted just two days ago (Sunday). As of earlier today (Tuesday) a total of 12 people have already been admitted to the hospital with either confirmed or suspected coronavirus symptoms. This includes three patients currently in the hospital’s intensive care unit.

I'm praying it doesn't outpace our ICU capacity. We were able to expanded it some in the weeks leading up to this point. I am so incredibly proud of my health system.

Regardless of what anyone believes about this virus,.. Regardless of what one day turns out to be proven as true or false, .. This is a very scary time to be a healthcare worker. Nurses, Doctors and a myriad of clinical and support staff have been at war for weeks before the first patient arrived, and for many the battle is only now starting to escalate. The stress and anxiety is like nothing I've ever experienced. All of the cumulative stressors we're all going through, plus the responsibility to fight this virus and care for our patients. I spent most of the evening debating my own symptoms that are coming on. I'm pretty sure it's just an anxiety attack.

Posts: 11433 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by TAllen01:

Yet so many people are calling for the stay-in-place orders to be lifted. We are nowhere near there yet.

Yes, we are there now. Stop this bullshit now.

Agreed. I was open minded about this possible pandemic, but I’m becoming skeptical. The “experts” are wrong too often. I’ll do what I’m told, but if we go another few weeks without seeing the disaster that has justified upending our lives and freedoms.... people might just start to disobey.

Posts: 2453 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.washingtonpost.com...e3fbd85b5_story.html

The coronavirus is not mutating significantly as it circulates through the human population, according to scientists who are closely studying the novel pathogen’s genetic code. That relative stability suggests the virus is less likely to become more or less dangerous as it spreads, and represents encouraging news for researchers hoping to create a long-lasting vaccine...

Extremely positive information. As bad a C19 is now, mutations multiply the horror potential. A "stable" target is a lot easier to hit (gun forum analogy Wink )

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8560 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Several months ago Oregon banned plastic shopping bags, so now everyone has reusable bags. Now they banned those. Fucking clown show!

Posts: 1848 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
At the bottom of this link is a press brief by NY Gov Cuomo

https://hotair.com/archives/jo...actually-increasing/

He lays out the data that shows a NY need for more hospital beds, medical staff, and ventilators. He gives the current number of NY people in the hospital and on ventilators because of coronavirus.

The bad news is that the latest predictions are that the peak number of cases will occur in 2 to 3 weeks.

Although he doesn't give the new estimated peak number, if you extrapolate from the data of today, the new estimated peak is over 1,000,000 cases in NY

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
If case fatality rate were around 1%, a pretty good number, there would be around 10,000 deaths in New York. Best case, around 1,000 deaths.

Posts: 18383 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone brought up the fact that the stimulus bill is up to 6 TRILLION dollars yet? The dems are throwing every fucking thing into this bill. Fuck that.

Posts: 725 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:
Has anyone brought up the fact that the stimulus bill is up to 6 TRILLION dollars yet? The dems are throwing every fucking thing into this bill. Fuck that.

We'll need a stimulus bill to recover from the stimulus bill.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
If the federal gov was expected to spend 4.3 trillion this year and the deficit was rising, how do we survive paying for 6 trillion more in one spending bill? Does not seem possible or equitable to me. Are we trying to overdose on a money pill, didn't they read the side effects?

change my mind.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2080 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Well, I could use more. 22lr

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:

As an aside, btw: In Detroit, 43 and 38 year old men with no underlying health conditions died today of complications resulting from C19 infections.

How many died from choking? Falls? Car accidents? How about good old medical malpractice?

Posts: 1848 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We'll need a stimulus bill to recover from the stimulus bill.

If this thing passes it’s going to increase our national debt by 25%! Total of 30 trillion dollars. Holy shit. This has gone way too far.

Posts: 725 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:

This what these pieces of shit do...and they are dragging everyone else down with them...to question them in any way is “immoral” or as my cousin says “just being mean”...this has fucked us in more ways than one Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
even before covid19, i never use the handles on shopping carts. i grab the front and pull it through the store.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
even before covid19, i never use the handles on shopping carts. i grab the front and pull it through the store.

They offer Purell wipes for the carts where I shop. Have for years. I use them.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11106 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Several months ago Oregon banned plastic shopping bags, so now everyone has reusable bags. Now they banned those. Fucking clown show!

wait, what. They banned people bringing reusable bags? Hadn't heard that.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11106 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
At my Publix there is an employee that sprays down your cart with disinfectant/bleach before you touch it...poor guy that is his only job...one after another Frown...Walmart is like “let me sneeze on your buggy before you take it” Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyMCO:
Holy Over reaction batman...Orange County FL just issued Stay In Place starting Thursday night - 50 confirmed cases, 2 deaths.

Yup. The kids were in the room and I was hollering at Mayor Demmings on the TV, "YOU F---KING A--HOLE!" I do not curse much, and certainly not at that volume, so my wife and kid's mouths dropped to the ground.
This is what we get when Central Floridians turn out to the polls and elect a retard as Orange County Mayor. I've personally dealt with Jerry Demmings (Congresswoman Val Demmings husband) on numerous occasions and the man is virtually illiterate. Yeah for diversity, we have a black mayor....a retarded black mayor.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post