SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 ... 1208
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Todays experience at the Doctors Office:
I need a minor outpatient procedure. An hour tops, so they said. Scheduling nurse sits down with me and our chat went like this:
RN: You have to get a Covid test 5 days prior the surgery!
Me: Well... If I test positive, what happens?
RN: The procedure would be rescheduled after your quarantine.
Me: So 5 days prior to the rescheduled procedure do I have to get tested again?
RN: Yes!
Me: And if its positive again will I need to be quarantined again and the procedure rescheduled again?
RN:Yes!
Me: Forget it. Cancel the procedure. I will live with the problem until sanity returns to America.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YooperSigs,

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got the nurse who skipped Charm school. There are ways to get patients to comply. She belongs in booking.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
So are nurses and doctors getting tested for wuflu every week? Why do we have to get tested to see them if they don’t get tested to see us?

If they are getting tested each week, still wrong to force us to get tested but at least they are less hypocritical about it.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12761 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew the whole thing was going south when she said "we cant allow you in the OR if you are not tested".
At least theoretically, the test/reschedule cycle could go on indefinitely. And I did not even go into the fact that vaccinated people are still testing positive.
What BS. Roll Eyes

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
So are nurses and doctors getting tested for wuflu every week? Why do we have to get tested to see them if they don’t get tested to see us?

THIS is a VERY Good question...Not only that, I can't wait for the opportunity to ask it! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8956 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I knew the whole thing was going south when she said "we cant allow you in the OR if you are not tested".
At least theoretically, the test/reschedule cycle could go on indefinitely. And I did not even go into the fact that vaccinated people are still testing positive.
What BS. Roll Eyes

I went to grocery store today they now sell instant tests. I'm sure they are 99% accurate. Roll Eyes

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20844 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

If they are getting tested each week, still wrong to force us to get tested but at least they are less hypocritical about it.
My primary care doc does get tested weekly.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30733 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
The vaccine jab is not going as well as the Australian Fed govt hoped.

First, supply issues. Solved.

Then the Pfizer had cases of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) occurred, with over 50's recipients.

So no more Pfizer for the over 50's.

What about AstraZenca you ask?
AstraZenca is in Aus, only for those over 50.

Cases of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) were revealed for the AZ vacc.

Understandably, vaccinations have dropped off.
Medical docs and nurses express frustrations, when few show up at one of the many vaccination central hubs in many locations.

And now, Aus Fed govt has signed up for 10 million doses of Moderna.

And discussion of how to get Aussies vaccinated.

Right now, we cannot travel overseas with a vaccination passport. And coming to Aus, you maybe quarantined at own cost, for 2 weeks, even with a vacc passport.

Not at all surprising, fake digital certs are appearing and can be bought.

Not a complaint, just oberservations.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
All anyone needs to know is that something like 40-50% of both the CDC and NIH staffs have refused to be vaccinated. I guess they're all anti-vaxers, right? Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Todays experience at the Doctors Office:
I need a minor outpatient procedure. An hour tops, so they said. Scheduling nurse sits down with me and our chat went like this:
RN: You have to get a Covid test 5 days prior the surgery!

Yeah, I've an outpatient procedure coming up beginning of next month where I'm going to have to do the same thing.

quote:
Me: Forget it. Cancel the procedure. I will live with the problem until sanity returns to America.

Not an option in my case. My procedure is quite necessary. Otherwise I wouldn't bother in the first place.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Ensigmatic! I hope your procedure goes well. Mine was something I have been dealing with for a while, but minor enough to put off for the foreseeable future.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This is (was) a nice ice cream and burger place up the road from us, decorated like a classic 50’s diner and with a Chevy Bel Air on the roof.

They REALLY stepped in it hard on Wednesday with this post demanding that people “show their papers” if they come in with no mask. Is this even legal for a business to do such a thing?

After a massive amount of blow-back, they hastily issued a lame-ass “apology” trying to minimize the damage they realized they had just done:

Screw them, they’re dead to us now. We would go all the time with our kids but will never set foot in there again.

Posts: 33882 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
If they go out of business, perhaps it's deserving.

A quote I heard somewhere comes to mind (tweaked for contextual reality. AFAIK, vaccinations don't help prevent spread, neither do masks):

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary imagined Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - B.Franklin

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12761 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We'll see this played out over and over in the next few months.

Business or indiviual, if you go demanding to see a persons "papers", you are in for a world of trouble.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107739 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I went along with the mask thing, indoors, because it was mandated by Her Majesty, Queen Witchmer. Businesses had little choice. But, now that they're no longer universally required, I won't be doing that anymore.

The signs on Lowe's, Home Depot, and several other places have disappeared entirely. On others they've been replaced by "if you're vaccinated," but how are they going to know?

Saw some silly bimbo walking down the side of a semi-rural road, yesterday, nobody anywhere within sight, in sunny, 85°F weather, wearing a freaking mask

People like that should be required to wear a big, scarlet S on their chest so they can be readily-identified after the whole mask thing is over.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another idiot reporter who cant read and doesnt check her facts. According to Iowa Dept of Public Health, there were 41 positive tests on Thursday, not 3500. There were 3342 for the preceding 14 DAYS!

quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
We have a great governor!!

https://qctimes.com/news/local...rce=home-top-story-1

Iowa Gov. Reynolds prohibits K-12 schools from mandating masks, effective immediately

By Erin Murphy
May 20, 2021

COVID-19 activity has plummeted in Iowa since the deadly winter surge, but the virus is still spreading in the state and new variants continue to emerge. On Thursday, more than 3,500 new cases were recorded, according to state public health data.

Posts: 585 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Don't want to wear a mask to protest the mask policy? Get arrested! Mad

New Hampshire Police Arrest Maskless Parents Attempting to Confront School Board – Following Arrests Board Cancels Meeting To Avoid Parents

It is interesting -some would say disturbing- to watch law enforcement arrest people for not violating laws. The requirement to wear a mask is a local school board policy, created by random fiat, not a law. The arrested maskless parents were proactively accused of ‘disturbing the peace’, before any disturbance could be identified.

PLAISTOW — Tempers flared at Thursday night’s Timberlane Regional School Board meeting after a Sunday school teacher was arrested moments after she and several other unmasked attendees showed up to demand an end to a school mask mandate.

https://theconservativetreehou...ng-to-avoid-parents/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24177 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Our county took a hard left turn this last election

BOE meeting yesterday

Gwinnett school board meeting delayed by 40 minutes after standoff over face masks

https://www.gwinnettdailypost....ff-3b2cefd0b0b5.html

Posts: 5351 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1577 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
All anyone needs to know is that something like 40-50% of both the CDC and NIH staffs have refused to be vaccinated. I guess they're all anti-vaxers, right? Roll Eyes

^^^^^
Source?

Posts: 12475 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post