SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 1208
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Rand Paul Tests Positive For COVID-19:
Senator Rand Paul
@RandPaul
Senator Rand Paul has tested positive for COVID-19. He is feeling fine and is in quarantine. He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events. He was not aware of any direct contact with any infected person.

No one left to oppose the Coronavirus Corporate Coup?

It's being reported that the Congressional gyms remain open which Paul continued to workout. Senators are lunching and meeting in groups over 10. Classic do as I say and not as I do.

Posts: 7562 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
quote:
The lockdown affecting large segments of the American public to try to curb the spread of the coronavirus is likely to last 10 to 12 weeks, or until early June , U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Sunday.

There is no way that people in this country will tolerate a lockdown for this amount of time.

Nope. You'll be lucky to make it a couple of weeks before it starts getting ugly.

A lot of people are putting up with being lectured right now. It won't last.

We are already there here. Yesterday I went to a convenience store to pick up a few items. A guy in a flatbed rig must have been dicking with his phone but he was blocking the entrance and wasn’t paying attention. Half a minute later he realizes his bs and starts moving, proceeds to use the same ingress/egress where I’m stuck waiting for him. I see 6 inches of room from that flatbed to my truck. It closes to 5, 4, 3, 2, and at 1 I’m on the horn. I rolled down the window and said please don’t hit my vehicle. Guy is screaming at me and says “Fuck You, redneck mother fucker”. There was a wreck at the corner so I think he got beat by another tow vehicle to the site. I kept my cool, almost got my bumper and front left quarter panel damaged extensively, got screamed at, and I wasn’t even trying to purchase TP. I think it’s already time for a rifle and go bag in the vehicle.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12686 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
I’m very interested to see the role blood type plays in this.

Do you mean why people with blood type A are apparently more susceptible to the disease and they they are more likely to succumb to it?

In other "news": Michigan's rate of cumulative cases and deaths continue to double about every two days (CFR 0.8%). A local "news" show reported better than half the new cases were people under fifty years old. So far there's still no sign from our state capital they plan to issue a "shelter in place" edict, but they did yesterday order hair, tanning, and nail salons, and "other non-essential personal care services" to close their doors.

The national trends in both new infections and deaths, which yesterday appeared to maybe be flattening out a bit, appear to have resumed their exponential climb, if 1point3acres' numbers are to be believed.

One of my LGS' earlier today sent out an email saying they're closing the store until the 30th. Probably burned-out and need a rest.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
The national trends in both new infections and deaths, which yesterday appeared to maybe be flattening out a bit, appear to have resumed their exponential climb, if 1point3acres' numbers are to be believed.

I'm not surprised at the continued upward national trends in both new infections and deaths. But I'm still encouraged by Washington State, which was the first state hit hard, and the "new cases" still appear to be flattening out there.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24192 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Things are starting to get ugly here in NJ. My sister in law is a nurse in a maternity ward. One of the nurses on another shift tested positive. So not all, but a good percentage of the nurses on that shift are home and in quarantine. A lot of hospitals are badly understaffed because of this, in some cases dangerously so.

Posts: 1059 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/heal...r-spring-break-trip/

Five college students from the University of Tampa tested positive for the coronavirus after coming back from a spring break trip, the school announced.

WFLA reported that the students were traveling together with other University of Tampa students before testing positive. The school did not state where the students went during their break or whether they lived in the dorms or off-campus.

The students are currently recovering from the disease and are in self-isolation

The news comes as many college spring breakers had partied on Florida’s beaches despite social distancing orders from officials to limit groups to ten.

Miami Beach shut down its beaches in response to the growing coronavirus pandemic after spring breakers defied officials’ social distancing orders to party on the beach.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis put the final nail in the coffin for many spring breakers’ plans when he said Thursday that “the party’s over in Florida” because many of the state’s beaches and bars are closed.

Posts: 19623 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Essentially our political immune response to a virus will kill the patient (the economy).

The analogy is quite exact. For many diseases including probably Covid-19, the immune system's excessive reaction is actually responsible for the severity of the disease. The political body's reaction to the virus is likely to make the severity of the pandemic worse.

Posts: 18110 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I wondered how long it would take Elon Musk to jump in to save us... Roll Eyes

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38031 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
As long as it took Grimes to write her next two CDs. Razz

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

What? Link?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38776 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

What? Link?

https://cleantechnica.com/2020...hnica-exclusive/amp/

"Elon Musk: Should Have 1000 Ventilators Next Week, + 250,000 N95 Masks For Hospitals Tomorrow"

I have to wonder if they will be actual ventilators, or some stupid bullshit that never gets used like his cave rescue capsule.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38776 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

The analogy is quite exact...

It is my hope that after 2-3 weeks, when we get a better feel for the numbers, that we can move back to something closer to normal. Thankfully, we have a President that is brilliant in business and in economics, and he is strong enough to make and weather a decision that will being scorn upon him.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q There is no way that people in this country will tolerate a lockdown for this amount of time. Q

I believe it is called gradualism, but this is a fast-izm...

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Something I've been wondering about, will we see a national uptick in suicides as folks become more stressed about the financial and emotional toll this is putting on their lives, combined with the loneliness and and no hard date of when life might be back to some semblance of normalcy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12361 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I'm watching the press conference on TV - is it just my perception, or does President Trump look very tired?

I wouldn't be surprised if he is. He's working harder than a lot of people half his age would.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16544 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Our DimoCrap Mayor of Metro Louisville wants people to bang pots and pans at 7:00pm (or maybe 8:00pm, confusing contradictory reports) to help scare away (my words) (he said to show solidarity) the COVID19-19 virus.

This guy has been spotted locally. Frown

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2712 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I'm watching the press conference on TV - is it just my perception, or does President Trump look very tired?

I wouldn't be surprised if he is. He's working harder than a lot of people half his age would.

I'll bet he's running on 4-5 hrs of sleep tops, and has the health and economic welfare of 300 million people. Not to mention having to deal with all of this constant media BS. I'm sure he's tired.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38031 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Our DimoCrap Mayor of Metro Louisville wants people to bang pots and pans at 7:00pm (or maybe 8:00pm, confusing contradictory reports) to help scare away (my words) (he said to show solidarity) the COVID19-19 virus.

This guy has been spotted locally. Frown

Let's face it. Dude's a step above Lil' Andy on the smarts train.

And that's a really low bar.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37123 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Article by Dr. Michael Osterholm. He’s considered one of the ‘go to’ experts on this topic in the world. I’ve been reading ‘everything’ on this pandemic and Osterholm knows his stuff and tells it like it is.
http://www.startribune.com/cor...osterholm/568978932/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12361 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post