SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
President Trump is considering domestic travel restrictions.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ravel-ban-uk-ireland

I'll just pretend for now that I didn't see this.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
so my interest in tracking JHU data over time is to see how fast the virus spreads over the U.S.

That is why data from today, even so limited, is important to establish a baseline that will become part of the data set that will build over the next few weeks and months.

Certainly more extensive testing will impact the data also.

This site has an excellent presentation of the data, updated daily, with interactive graphs over time for the world or by country, on a linear or logarithmic plot, of total cases, active cases, total deaths, and several other things, as well as the more basic spreadsheet-type layouts.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

e.g., data through yesterday for the US:

560 new cases so far today. This site seems to update multiple times a day.

1point3acres

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Well, shit's gotten real now. Most of the ski resorts are closing after today. Since my little girl doesn't have school now for two weeks, I thought, "great, time for her and me to get in a lot of skiing together and get out of the house for some fresh air." Guess again. Roll Eyes

^^^Got an email earlier today from Vail Resorts....They're stayin' open! Wink

You may want to check again. That's old news.

The closing for now is until March 22nd where they will "reassess the situation." All Vail North American ski resorts are suspending operations

Just FYI - I received the email at 6:30 AM EDT. Apparently a lot can change in 12 hours! Frown

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I didn't get that far into the 1point3acres site earlier, I'll look into it, thanks.

Edit: Now I remember, I could only find US and Canada data on the 1point3acres site (I may have just missed where to find other data). The worldometers site has data by country for every country with confirmed cases.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
You know things are bad when Amazon starts cracking down on its own "resellers".

http://www.yahoo.com/news/17-7...tizer-155735689.html

Yeah, I know, free market and all. But when some SOB goes anal and drives around buying up all the sanitizer in a multiple-mile radius and then gets stuck with a garage full of sanitizer, that sounds like the best of a bad deal to me - maybe even karma for trying game a market rather than simply letting the market work.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Screw that guy and that behavior. It's leech-like, in a time of need and distress.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
The 1point3 acres sight mentioned above lists numbers by state. If you click on the state name it gives a breakdown of the same numbers by county name below the state entry.

Good info.
https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/

Must be some good water in West Virginia.

Almost Heaven, man! Cool

- - - - - -

Ever notice how often you touch your face... after everyone and his brother is all over us to not touch our faces? Eek

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just FYI - I received the email at 6:30 AM EDT. Apparently a lot can change in 12 hours! Frown

I got the same email. I wouldn't have known any better, but my wife works at one of the restaurants on Main Street in Park City and had heard the low down right away as she is down there now.

Apparently, the decision to close a bunch of restaurants in Park City was just made too. That's really going to hit the wallet, especially for the servers.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:

From the linked FoxNews.com story:

quote:
As for whether the administration is considering travel restrictions within the U.S., Pence referred back to Trump's remarks and said "we're considering a broad range of measures, but no decisions have been made yet."

I watched the end of that news conference. Pence was asked if they were considering 'domestic travel restrictions' and his answer didn't confirm ANYTHING! The question was designed to put Pence (and the Trump Administration) in an uncomfortable position so the 'news media' could report it as...'Well, they didn't deny it!

This is 'Fake News' until confirmed otherwise!

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Trump tested negative.

God Emperor Trump is IMMUNE!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:
As for whether the administration is considering travel restrictions within the U.S., Pence referred back to Trump's remarks and said "we're considering a broad range of measures, but no decisions have been made yet."

I watched the end of that news conference. Pence was asked if they were considering 'domestic travel restrictions' and his answer didn't confirm ANYTHING! The question was designed to put Pence (and the Trump Administration) in an uncomfortable position so the 'news media' could report it as...'Well, they didn't deny it!

Also from the article:

quote:

Asked if he was considering any domestic travel restrictions, Trump said: "Yes, specifically from certain areas, yes we are."

"We're working with the states and we're considering other restrictions, yes," he said.

That's not exactly not denying it.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile in Canada Eek

https://twitter.com/RealJamesW.../1238935317911986176

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Screw that guy and that behavior. It's leech-like, in a time of need and distress.

quote:
“I honestly feel like it’s a public service,” he added. “I’m being paid for my public service.”

What a piece of shit.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Trump tested negative.

God Emperor Trump is IMMUNE!

Hopefully this is not a false negative. Testing too early can give false negative results.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Also from the article:

quote:

Asked if he was considering any domestic travel restrictions, Trump said: "Yes, specifically from certain areas, yes we are."

"We're working with the states and we're considering other restrictions, yes," he said.

That's not exactly not denying it.

I didn't see the earlier portion of the news conference when Trump was there, sooo apparently my info is incomplete. Wink

That said, I'm sure they're 'considering' lots of things! EVERYTHING seems VERY fluid and is apparently changing EVERY 12 Hours, if not sooner! I'll wait until they announce specifics/confirm details prior to 'freaking out' re: any particular decision...

Live Free or Die!

Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
That said, I'm sure they're 'considering' lots of things! EVERYTHING seems VERY fluid and is apparently changing EVERY 12 Hours, if not sooner! I'll wait until they announce specifics/confirm details prior to 'freaking out' re: any particular decision...

I'm sure you are right. If they aren't considering every possible option based on how things progress, something is very, very wrong.

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
If I were a local retail business I would limit stock to customers who frequent my establishment.

All of the Amazon/Internet buyers can get their supplies online. Those hypocrites shouldn’t be out locally eliminating options from patrons who have made the choice to support the local economy.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post

My local grocery meat department this AM. What's that line from Red October about this shit getting out of hand?

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alteon180e:

worldofmeters-italy
again, i dont get it. if mild = no hospital and serious/critical = hospital. italy would need 1,500 additional beds available to handle the current and highest number they have seen so far. per capita/ratios etc. i think there are details missing from the italian case i am not aware of where the 1,500 hospital bed capacity for coronavirus is overloading their entire medical system. if they chose to let those 1,500 patients remain in a smaller even lower "per capita" region for containment sake...that is a choice. just like their choice to treat one person and not the other...

Not just beds/rooms. Critical care beds equipped with ventilators. A 300 bed hospital might have only 5% critical care. Not a set rule, but do realize they are by far less common than a standard "bed".

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The fresh meat/poultry sections were a little bare when I hit the Food Lion at 0615 today (my normal Saturday time). I went back just before noon for something and they were restocked.

It's insane. Worse than hurricane season (and I am in eastern NC).

Buddy just sent me this pic. Appears someone left a package of ass wipe in the beer section. Maybe beer was more important? Told him to snatch it up. Hell it's probably worth a 1986 Camaro Berlinetta and a round of drinks over at Tobie's in Jacksonville Wink

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post