SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Channeling John Pinette: you put the salad in the sandwich and put the meat on the side? Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13112 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
It's like this administration is trying to get slaughtered in the midterms. This just looks like a temper tantrum at this point.
Yep, this is just stupid. They missed an opportunity to take a victory lap and help try and put Covid behind them (given it's still dragging them down in the polls), but instead have opted to appeal this ruling continuing to piss off the American people and very likely to be rebuffed by the appeals court. Gotta love it though.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Channeling John Pinette: you put the salad in the sandwich and put the meat on the side? Smile

They were pre-made ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
My interview with Josh Yoder about American pilot Bob Snow's cardiac arrest after landing
Captain Snow was injured by the vaccine; he almost died minutes after landing. Yoder thinks we may need to disqualify 30% of pilots due to vaccine injury. There is no one to take their place.
When a plane goes down and people are killed, it's OK for the airlines because the insurance companies will pay and everyone will pretend it was just a freak accident that couldn’t have been avoided.

Summary

I expect that all the authorities will look the other way while these incidents continue to happen.

https://stevekirsch.substack.c...josh-yoder-about?s=r

1) Medical emergencies in the cockpit will continue to be rare.

2) One reason for two pilots is that either one of them is fully capable of safely landing the airplane in the event one pilot becomes incapacitated. Training includes identifying partial incapacitation or subtle incapacitation, in addition to protocols in the event of a medical emergency. While it makes for sensational news coverage, the risk to passengers if a pilot becomes incapacitated is extremely small.

3) Anecdotally, I am hearing that many more pilots than is historically expected are failing their annual EKG. From several sources.

4) My FAA doc not only looks at the current EKG waveforms but also compares them to previous years for changes. I expect numerous pilots will start failing at their annual EKG without having experienced any symptoms of cardiac issues.

5) The statistical chance of two pilots becoming incapacitated during the same flight is essentially zero. I would not worry about this.

6) Very few pilots are unvaccinated. My airline never had the mandate, and I would guess the % unvaccinated there at about 1/3rd. However, all new hires in all airlines that I am aware of are required to be vaccinated. The last I heard, my airline required all new hires to be fully compliant with foreign requirements, which currently includes C19 vaccination. One issue that had come up in the past was the retroactive restriction Canada put on anyone with a domestic violence misdemeanor. Guys who had taken a plea decades ago in a false accusation during divorce suddenly found themselves unable to fly into Canada. The airline has logic in their position of needing all employees to be able to do their job, so the number of unvaccinated pilots will be rapidly dwindling.

7) The pilot shortage will continue to get worse absent a major economic bust destroying demand for travel. This is a long time in the making, and has nothing to do with the vaccines. Extending mandatory retirement to 65 just kicked the can down the road, and it is coming home to roost now. The industry model of majors partnered with "regionals" has been broken for a decade. Management squeezed every last penny and day they could out of it. Now it has shattered. (My airline has even reached out to me to come out of early retirement). Look for significant changes in the industry.

Posts: 9755 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
5) The statistical chance of two pilots becoming incapacitated during the same flight is essentially zero. I would not worry about this.

Good thing they have an auto pilot!

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:

1) Medical emergencies in the cockpit will continue to be rare.

2) One reason for two pilots is that either one of them is fully capable of safely landing the airplane in the event one pilot becomes incapacitated. Training includes identifying partial incapacitation or subtle incapacitation, in addition to protocols in the event of a medical emergency. While it makes for sensational news coverage, the risk to passengers if a pilot becomes incapacitated is extremely small.

3) Anecdotally, I am hearing that many more pilots than is historically expected are failing their annual EKG. From several sources.

4) My FAA doc not only looks at the current EKG waveforms but also compares them to previous years for changes. I expect numerous pilots will start failing at their annual EKG without having experienced any symptoms of cardiac issues.

Fly-Sig: Good info. Thanks.

It's reassuring to know that flying is still generally safe; however, vaccine injury is a real thing and will continue to come to light no matter how much they (government, media) try to cover it up.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Recently there have been a lot of reports coming out of children experiencing unexplained liver disease similar to hepatitis, but experts cannot explain what it is. Some say say it may be related to an adenovirus. Maybe. They also say that none of the children in question have had the vaccine so they know it is not related to the mRNA vaccine, but I'm sorry, I'm skeptical.

page 1056:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wcb6092:

Intracellular Reverse Transcription of Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 In Vitro in Human Liver Cell Line

Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine Goes Into Liver Cells and Is Converted to DNA: Study

In a different study, the spike proteins made in the body after receiving a Pfizer COVID-19 shot have been found on tiny membrane vesicles called exosomes—that mediate cell-to-cell communication by transferring genetic materials to other cells—for at least four months after the second vaccine dose.

The persistence of the spike protein in the body “raises the prospect of sustained inflammation within and damage to organs which express the spike protein,” according to experts at Doctors for COVID Ethics, an organization consisting of physicians and scientists “seeking to uphold medical ethics, patient safety, and human rights in response to COVID-19.”

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Fly-Sig: Good info. Thanks.

It's reassuring to know that flying is still generally safe; however, vaccine injury is a real thing and will continue to come to light no matter how much they (government, media) try to cover it up.

I expect we are going to see dramatic serious illness and death from the vaccines. Some won't show up for years. The exact cause for any one person's illness/death won't be provable, but the statistics will be clear for the population as a whole.

I worry daily for my vaccinated family members and friends.

Posts: 9755 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:

C'mon man, I'm in suspense, don't leave me hangin'.
Do yourself a favor and watch Platoon…
Got it Thanks, it's been a while. With most Viet Nam stuff I'm kind of one and done.
[snip]
But I still don't know what the line was. Razz
OK...but points have been deducted off your man card. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Good thing they have an auto pilot!

C'mon dude!!! It's Otto Pilot!!! Razz Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why Is CDC Trying to Put a Mask on Your Face Again?

https://brownstone.org/article...-on-your-face-again/

We know the wicked truth about Chairman Mao’s “Let a Hundred Flowers Bloom.” He said this in 1957 while inviting anyone to criticize the Communist Party. There were cheers all around and the criticisms were unleashed. This lasted six weeks, after which many of the biggest critics were shot. It was a bait and switch.

It’s a brilliant tactic for evil regimes. Ferret out the enemy and then make them go away.

That’s not exactly what happened this week but the analogy works. A judge in Florida this week struck down the Biden administration’s transportation mask mandate. The opinion was highly technical and turned entirely on issues of administrative law. The judge ruled that the Public Health Service Act of 1944, the first ever to give the quarantine power to the federal government, did not authorize the imposition of universal mandates on what is really an article of clothing in the name of “sanitation.”

Instead, what appeared to happen here was entirely arbitrary. The Biden administration wanted masks and the CDC imposed them, including with criminal penalties. For a full year, travelers have been hectored and threatened at every turn.

After the court decision, a hundred flowers bloomed in the form of air-born celebrations from coast to coast.

Will it last? Not if our rulers in DC get their way.

But let’s be clear about something. It’s about masks but more. The mask is a metaphor for all the controls, restrictions, impositions, mandates, closures, and resulting wreckage of the past two years. People hate them because they are so personal. More precisely, they are depersonalizing, which is precisely how the lockdown period of American history has felt the entire time.

We are our faces, to others and ourselves. Take that away and what are we? We are tools. We are pawns. We are lab rats for their experiments. Masks are dehumanizing because they are supposed to be. The mask has a very long history as a tool of subjection and enslavement. We all know this intuitively.

Therefore, the opportunity to throw it off was glorious. One evening an entire nation of travelers celebrated. Celebrating even more were the airline staff, flight attendants, and pilots. They have lived two years in these ridiculous things, which have nowhere been proven to work to crush a virus. Emancipation from them was a welcome relief. So too for workers around the country, whose interests have been consistently disregarded.

We found ourselves in the position of caste-like scenes in restaurants around the country: customers dining happily while being served by masked workers. This is inconsistent with the democratic and commercial ethos.

All the airlines as well as Amtrak announced it quickly, perhaps as a way of making it impossible for the Biden administration to roll it back. Even Biden himself said that the new rule is that everyone should do what they want. I guess he didn’t get the memo.

Hold one just one minute, said someone in the administration. We need to find out what the Department of Justice says. Then the Justice Department immediately kicked it to the CDC: they are in charge of “The Science” and so we’ll wait.

“The Department of Justice and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) disagree with the district court’s decision and will appeal, subject to CDC’s conclusion that the order remains necessary for public health. The Department continues to believe that the order requiring masking in the transportation corridor is a valid exercise of the authority Congress has given CDC to protect the public health. That is an important authority the Department will continue to work to preserve….

If CDC concludes that a mandatory order remains necessary for the public’s health after that assessment, the Department of Justice will appeal the district court’s decision.”

What’s this about? The plaintiff Health Freedom Defense Fund issued a sharp statement:

“DoJ’s statement is perplexing to say the least and sounds like it comes from health policy advocates not government lawyers. The ruling by the US District Court is a matter of law, not CDC preference or an assessment of “current health conditions.”

In the early days of the Biden administration, the PR decision at the top was that it would always “follow the science,” a statement that the new president said many times. This was supposed to be different from the Trump administration, at least after the summer of 2020 when the CDC lost control over the political side of the executive state.

On one hand, following The Science sounds good. However, if the “science” really means the bureaucracies and hence this slogan is just another way of passing the buck, there is a problem. The bureaucracies are unaccountable, and typically default to the safest and changeless route to preserve their power over the population.

Even so, following the DOJ’s announcement, there must have been moments of panic at the CDC. They had the hot potato and didn’t know what to do with it. Finally they settled on the usual strategy: they threw it to an anonymous committee. Then the committee came out with a statement unsigned by anyone in particular.

Instead of citing The Science, or claiming that they knew for sure that masks were great for people, the statement started with the following sentence: “To protect CDC’s public health authority….” Notice that this doesn’t say to protect public health. It says public health AUTHORITY. Those are certainly different things.

In any case, the decision was made. The CDC “has asked DOJ to proceed with an appeal.” Ah, there we go: throw that potato back at a different agency. The CDC has merely asked! So now the DOJ will appeal, as forced by the sloganeering of the Biden administration and the deference to the CDC. The results will certainly be terrible for the administration because the next court will agree with the previous court that there was never any legal basis for the mandate in the first place.

They could also issue a stay. That would be catastrophic for the Biden administration. Public anger would be out of control. Mao got away with this because he had total power. Biden does not. In fact, his poll numbers are awful. I’ve personally never seen an example of a sadistic government that is simultaneously politically masochistic. In other words, these people not only do not understand what’s good for the country; they don’t even know what’s good for themselves!

The words of the CDC statement are the chilling part. They care about their authority first and foremost, even only. This seems to be the view pervasive in Washington today, as a Cold Civil War heats up between the states and with Washington. Every day grows more intense. Every day, the conflict becomes more raw and brutal. There seems to be no end in sight because there will be no rollbacks, no apologies, no regrets, no admission that their “authority” was an overreach all along.

Will governments have learned their lessons? Look around! We live in a world burdened by extremely arrogant and immovable public agencies that have lost public trust. The administrative state is right now as angry as the public is at them. There is a peaceful solution here but it doesn’t seem to be on the table.

If I’ve learned anything new over the last two years, it’s about the strange way in which the ruling class is impervious not only to actual research but also to the will of the people, even when it shows up in devastating polls. They seem not to regard the celebrations after the judge’s decision not as a corrective but a challenge to overcome.

It’s all about…authority. Not public health but public-health authority. Who is in charge? That’s what’s really at issue. They say them and we say us.

Posts: 13119 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Since near the beginning of the Covid injection roll out, many of us have been saying that this is an experimental drug and anyone taking it under Emergency Use Authorization is essentially participating as oversized lab rats. The results of this experiment have been disastrous, of course, as the jabs do not prevent the spread of the coronavirus nor do they protect recipients from getting sick.

Still, it’s good to hear the globalist elites actually acknowledging that it’s a giant experiment. Here’s Barack Obama today:

Disclose.tv
@disclosetv
NOW - Obama: "Despite the fact that we have now essentially clinically tested the vaccine on billions of people worldwide. Around 1 in 5 Americans is still going to put themselves at risk... rather than get vaccinated.
People are dying because of disinformation. "

https://twitter.com/disclosetv...-people-worldwide%2F

Granted, he’s not admitting to anything nefarious, but he knows what he and other globalists have helped to do with spreading the jabs. This is an agenda that has nothing to do with healthcare. It’s all about The Great Reset, and Obama’s privy to the top of that ugly pyramid.

https://noqreport.com/2022/04/...of-people-worldwide/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I am PROUDLY UNVACCINATED, and quite secure knowing that my immune system sports NATURAL IMMUNITY gained through an 'Alpha' variant COVID Infection & Recovery in January 2021.

BHO (and his ilk) can go inject themselves... Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Philadelphia abruptly ends new indoor mask mandate after just four days:

Link

As I predicted, there is no putting that toothpaste back in the tube. People were freaking furious over this and just ignoring it en mass anyway.

I swear to God Philadelphia is run by a group of clowns.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Yeah, in the airport yesterday, i gauged roughly 30% complying with the local mask mandate, if that. No one is listening to these frauds anymore.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
^^^^ Yeah, in the airport yesterday, i gauged roughly 30% complying with the local mask mandate, if that. No one is listening to these frauds anymore.

Unfortunately, up in these parts, much of the populace will, in fact, listen to the frauds. I’ve heard people speaking with much consternation these past couple of days about how [chorus of angels]“The Science”[/chorus of angels] is being ignored.

Posts: 3013 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Los Angeles County just reinstated their indoor mandate effective today.
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/...coronavirus/2876147/

I'm flying through LAX later this evening, I plan on taking a (maskless) walk around and see just how many are complying once they get through security.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 690 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
Los Angeles County just reinstated their indoor mandate effective today.
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/...coronavirus/2876147/

I'm flying through LAX later this evening, I plan on taking a (maskless) walk around and see just how many are complying once they get through security.

Never count California out in being able to out-stupid themselves.

Posts: 53849 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Get used to seeing more advertising like this:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
Alan Provide some background for me please. I am not sure I caught the point of the video.

Posts: 17529 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post