SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 ... 1208
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it is in effect (for now).

https://breaking911.com/breaki...hite-house-confirms/

Archerman

Posts: 2488 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
...But I have a flight later this week and this sounds like good news to me...

Same here. We'll be in a United 787 for 10.5 hours on Sunday, add to that all the time in terminals.

United said that they are keeping the mask mandate in place on their planes.

That CEO of that airline is a real piece of work. I recommend anyone flying United don't, or at least ignore their mask policy as politely as possible.

ETA: Now I'm seeing it said that United will make mask wearing optional. Well that's good. I'm happy to hear it.

Delta has also now made masks optional. God bless Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle. My mood has improved astronomically with this news. I wish I were home to celebrate with an 18 year old scotch, that's how much the relief is for me. Two long years of this. Again, God bless that woman. A true saint.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30445 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping they don't fight this. A friend and I will be getting on a plane on 4/30 to head to Vegas for the USBC Open bowling tournament. We're flying AA and as of right now I don't see any word from them about dropping the mask requirement.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
All airlines making masks optional with this ruling. I don’t think Biden can put this genie back in the bottle, I think that Trump judge from Florida freed us all from a piece of tyranny. This looks like a celebratory event!!

Posts: 2406 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Just found this from AA

https://news.aa.com/news/news-...-OTH-04/default.aspx

They're making it optional.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19608 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This judge is a hero as far as I'm concerned.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30445 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
On the other side of the ledger, SCOTUS ruled against an Air Force colonel who objected to getting the injection over religious reasons. While Justice Roberts naturally ruled with the other Maoist hacks-in-black, Trump appointees Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett joined them.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/0...lonel-jonathan-dunn/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
As expected, the lefties are having meltdowns over the individual being able to make their own decision whether or not to wear masks on planes and in airports.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23333 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I'm so relieved, as I have some cross-country flights coming up in a few weeks. But I predict this will lead to more BS in airports and planes. Lots of Karens will want to start schit with the non-masked. I hope I can remain strong and not react in a way that gets me tossed off the plane. I won't be wearing a mask.

Posts: 3566 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:

They're really going to be shocked when they see most people don't wear a mask.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6853 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Lots of Karens will want to start schit with the non-masked.

Not likely.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Mainstream media covers up pilot cardiac arrest because they don't want to create vaccine hesitancy

Check this out. Not a SINGLE story in the mainstream media about vaxxed American Airlines Captain Robert Snow suffering cardiac arrest minutes after landing the plane. The pilot is livid.

Watch the interview on Stew Peters about American Airlines Captain Robert Snow who nearly died due to cardiac arrest.

Captain Snow is livid that American is coercing pilots to take such a dangerous vaccine.

Even more, what’s the benefit to vaccinating pilots? It’s not like the pilot is going to transmit COVID to the passengers. The chance of that happening is very close to zero.

https://rumble.com/v11gxvu-vax...ers-expose-mass.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Lots of Karens will want to start schit with the non-masked.

Not likely.

100% likely they want to, but unlikely they will.

Posts: 11031 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a two hour layover at O'Hare Sunday, and this PISSES ME OFF:

Chicago’s O’Hare airport to enforce mask usage

BY MONIQUE BEALS - 04/19/22 12:48 PM ET

Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport will continue to enforce masking despite multiple airlines dropping their requirements following a federal judge’s ruling.

“The safety and security of passengers and employees is the highest priority for the Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA),” the airport said in a tweeted statement.

“The CDA will continue to follow, observe and enforce all guidance by federal, state and local health and security authorities,” the statement added, specifically citing an Illinois executive order that mandates masks “on public transportation and in transportation hubs.”

Complete article:

https://thehill.com/policy/hea...-enforce-mask-usage/

=================================

From the Newark (EWR) page, we're GTG during our four-hour layover there. NY airports are ignoring the ruling:

The mask mandate has been lifted for EWR. Mask are now optional and welcome for all who choose to wear them.

Per current New York public health guidance, the mask mandate remains in effect for JFK, LGA, and SWF.

Posts: 15912 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
We have a two hour layover at O'Hare Sunday, and this PISSES ME OFF:

Chicago’s O’Hare airport to enforce mask usage

Well here's a little tip. Just don't wear it. In the two years of this pandemic and flying over 80 times in that time, I have never once worn a mask walking through any airport or terminal. Philadelphia is apparently still saying masks are required since the city of Philadelphia still has a mandate. I'm flying out of there Thursday. Take a guess who won't be wearing one.

Seriously, who's going to enforce it? Not the TSA. Don't wear it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:

The comments chastising this quack doctor whining about masks and vaccines far outnumber the ones in support of that silly garbage. And as MANY of them are saying, nobody is making them fly, or telling them they can’t wear a filthy piece of cloth over their face holes.

My feelings on the subject? For months these assholes said “if you can’t be bothered to wear a mask or get the vaccine, you don’t have to fly. Shoes on the other door now, isn’t it?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15633 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Karens can wear a mask all day long. They prevent the wearer from getting infected with COVID despite being able to smell my ass busts through it, right? RIGHT?!?!? They can get as many vaccines as they want. The vaccine(s)(s)(s) prevent being able to contract COVID, right? RIGHT?!?!?

Pfff...WTF ever. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Illinois Governer lifts mask mandates for travel. So mayor Lighthead can go suck a lemon... Link

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department of Justice today released the following statement on Health Freedom Defense Fund Inc., et. al. v. Biden, et. al. from spokesman Anthony Colev:

“The Department of Justice and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) disagree with the district court’s decision and will appeal, subject to CDC’s conclusion that the order remains necessary for public health. The Department continues to believe that the order requiring masking in the transportation corridor is a valid exercise of the authority Congress has given CDC to protect the public health. That is an important authority the Department will continue to work to preserve.

“On April 13,2022, before the district court’s decision, CDC explained that the order w’ould remain in effect while it assessed current public health conditions, and that the Transportation Security Administration would extend its directive implementing the order until May 3 to facilitate CDC’s assessment.

“If CDC concludes that a mandatory order remains necessary for the public’s health after that assessment,  the Department of Justice wall appeal the district court’s decision."

This administration is completely incoherent.

https://mobile.twitter.com/csp...-mask-mandate-travel

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
The smartest thing that senile f***tard has said in about 23 years!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post