SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
This morning I got an ad from the CDC and Pfizer about the new oral drug for COVID

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It has been available for sometime. Due to the current administration it was not widely distributed when needed. It is called Paxlovid.

LINK: https://www.fiercepharma.com/p...k-price-transparency

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The "vaccine" was approved under an "emergency use authorization" which is only available if there are no treatments for a disease.
So... to protect big pharma, they had to bury all early use treatment including HCQ and IVM.

I have lost faith in our health care system. Big pharma has managed "regulatory capture" over the FDA and CDC. But it gets worse: since the consolidation brought about by Obamacare the hospitals now own most of the doctor's practices. The hospitals dictate treatment and the hospitals take medicare/medicaid which is the government. The government has threatened to stop paying hospitals that allow these early treatments. So the hospitals push government favored treatment like remdesivir.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24119 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Seems to be it in a nutshell, chellim1, and we appear to be powerless to stand against it.

A few months into the Covid/"vaccine" era, I read something like sixteen new billionaires had been created. The other day I saw a story claiming the pandemic had produced 500 new billionaires.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm really perplexed at how many black people continue to mask up even though it's no longer mandatory anywhere around here.

Stopped at Costco for a hot dog and while maybe every tenth white/Hispanic/Asian person was masked, nearly every black person I saw still wore one.

Is this a cultural thing? A fear thing? I'm not understanding this at all.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
This is anecdotal but I know a lot of black people who are super germaphobes. I feel like this is just an acceptable way for them to embrace that and feel safe or clean.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
A factor that probably plays a YUGE role is the fact that maybe most of them are CNN/MSNBC viewers and have been sucked in by the fear-mongering "journalists" and Dr. Fraudchi. I have a friend who told me he would not meet me for lunch in a public place until he felt like it was safe. I just thought, "what a pity my friend has succumbed to the fear."

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

Probably unrelated, maybe not. I worked with a great guy, he was black. I didn't press him when he said "I wish I was blacker, then nobody could see me at night".

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heart Inflammation More Prevalent Among Vaccinated Than Unvaccinated: Study

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...l?utm_source=partner

Heart inflammation requiring hospital care was more common among people who received COVID-19 vaccines than those who did not, according to a new study of tens of millions of Europeans.

Rates of myocarditis or pericarditis, two types of heart inflammation, are above the levels in an unvaccinated cohort, pegged at 38 per 100,000 after receipt of a second dose of a vaccine built on messenger RNA (mRNA) technology in males aged 16 to 24—the group studies have shown are most at risk of the post-vaccination condition—researchers with health agencies in Finland, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway found.

“These extra cases among men aged 16–24 correspond to a 5 times increased risk after Comirnaty and 15 times increased risk after Spikevax compared to unvaccinated,” Dr. Rickard Ljung, a professor and physician at the Swedish Medical Products Agency and one of the principal investigators of the study, told The Epoch Times in an email.

Comirnaty is the brand name for Pfizer’s vaccine while Spikevax is the brand name for Moderna’s jab.

Rates were also higher among the age group for those who received any dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, both of which utilize mRNA technology. And rates were elevated among vaccinated males of all ages after the first or second dose, except for the first dose of Moderna’s shot for those 40 or older, and females 12- to 15-years-old.

Researchers pulled data from national health registers, analyzing 23.1 million people aged 12 or older. The analysis was of data from Dec. 27, 2020, to incidence of myocarditis or pericarditis, or the end of the study time period, which was Oct. 5, 2021.

“The risks of myocarditis and pericarditis were highest within the first 7 days of being vaccinated, were increased for all combinations of mRNA vaccines, and were more pronounced after the second dose,” researchers wrote in the study, which was published by the Journal of the American Medical Association following peer review.
Moderna and Pfizer did not respond to requests for comment.

Some previous studies have indicated that the risk of heart inflammation is higher from the companies’ vaccines, or certain doses of the vaccines, than from COVID-19 itself.

Others have concluded the opposite, including a recent non-peer-reviewed study from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, though that is one of the papers that has estimated a higher rate of post-vaccination heart inflammation.

Authorities in the United States and many European countries continue recommending vaccination for virtually every eligible person, regardless of age, health condition, or prior infection.

The Nordic countries, however, halted use of Moderna’s vaccine in 2021 for youth and young adults due to concerns over post-vaccination heart inflammation.
Ljung said he could not answer whether the results mean some people should consider only a single dose, or no doses, of a COVID-19 vaccine because the Swedish Medical Products Agency doesn’t give those types of recommendations.

In a press release promoting the study, researchers said that occurrence of the heart inflammation is “very rare” and claimed that “the benefits of these vaccines to reduce the risk of severe COVID-19 and death outweigh the risks of side effects.”

Dr. Peter McCullough, the chief medical adviser for the Truth for Health Foundation and a cardiologist who is seeing patients with post-vaccination heart inflammation, disagreed.

“In cardiology we spend our entire career trying to save every bit of heart muscle. We put in stents, we do heart catheterization, we do stress tests, we do CT angiograms. The whole game of cardiology is to preserve heart muscle,” McCullough told The Epoch Times. “Under no circumstances would we accept a vaccine that causes even one person to stay sustain heart damage. Not one. And this idea that ‘oh, we’re going to ask a large number of people to sustain heart damage for some other theoretical benefit for a viral infection,’ which for most is less than a common cold, is untenable. The benefits of the vaccines in no way outweigh the risks.”

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Vice President Kamala Harris tested positive for COVID-19.

Double-masked and triple-vaxx'd?

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...-close-contact-biden

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24119 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

This is the meanest tweet on twitter right now:

quote:

MJ Lee
@mj_lee

Breaking: Vice President Kamala Harris has tested positive for Covid, White House says.

She is not considered a close contact of President Biden.

Link

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Klamydia’s antibodies she’s built up over the years laugh at the Wuhan virus.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5163 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
If I fly again, I'll wear a mask but only because I don't want people to see my mouth open when I fall asleep. Big Grin

quote:
I'm really perplexed at how many black people continue to mask up even though it's no longer mandatory anywhere around here.

Because probably 99% of them fall right into line with the leftists. LBJs plan worked.

Last Saturday took my kid to a birthday party at Peter Piper Pizza. The mom of the birthday kid is a white lady, no mask. Dad is a black guy, wore a mask. She mentioned they rented the theater for the kids next weekend to watch a movie. My wife said the dad is the one who did that because he's paranoid of Covid. My wife talks to the other parents, I don't talk to them at all.

Posts: 13117 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Good article:

https://brownstone.org/article...o-talk-about-sweden/

When, the summer before last, the results of the first Covid wave began to be tallied in the media, there were different ways of measuring the devastation. One way of looking at the pandemic was to focus on how many people died — more than half a million around the world by the end of June. Another was to try assessing the complicated impacts of the various measures taken to combat the virus. When a lot of the functions in society were frozen, people struggled — especially the most vulnerable.

For those who preferred the first perspective, there was plenty of data to lean on. Meticulous records of the death toll were being kept in most countries, especially the wealthy ones, and presented in stylish graphs on various sites: the Johns Hopkins University website, Worldometer, Our World in Data.
[snip]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Conclusion:
It was beginning to become increasingly clear that the political measures that had been deployed against the virus were of limited value. But no one spoke about this.

From a human perspective, it was easy to understand why so many were reluctant to face the numbers from Sweden. For the inevitable conclusion must be that millions of people had been denied their freedom, and millions of children had had their education disrupted, all for nothing.

Who would want to be complicit in that?

-rduckwor

Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
Remember the Great Barrington Declaration? A lot of folks spoke up and signed this document. The Swamp and all of its media toadies worked actively to shut them down.

I want to see the FDA, CDC and NIH entirely defunded and disbanded. They have proven to be not just ineffective but deadly to public liberty and health. Any function truly needed (not much IMHO) should be devolved to the individual states.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Another great article from the Brownstone Institute...

https://brownstone.org/article...gainst-dictatorship/

Must We Make a Case Against Dictatorship?

Some federal officials have made startling statements in recent days. Given the times in which we live, we can no longer take for granted that they won’t be convincing.

Ever since lockdowns, which shattered all our social and political rituals and assumptions about government and public health, it seems like everything is open to either question or adoption. Even settled conventions like the separation of powers and checks and balances are being blithely dismissed as pointless distractions.

On the table now is the power of an unelected bureaucracy, on its own authority and without any juridical check, to mandate that every citizen keep his or her face covered. The Biden administration and the administrative state that technically falls under its purview seems to believe this power should never be questioned by a court.
[snip]

As to the CDC? That "organization" can kiss my ass!! I'm sorry, but its "public health AUTHORITY" [emphasis added] ends right where my Constitutional RIGHTS begin! FYATHYRIO... Mad Mad Mad

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
These brainwashed lunatics are out there. Case in point, this insane asshole...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

Taser bait. Bring all the cops over and let them all get sone practice on this guy

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Was that in a Costco? What a moron. I wonder where in the country that is that that person feels he can get away with that kind of shit.

Posts: 7259 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
He is the reason a lot of us are now armed to go to formerly benign places. The mental deficits of these people is astounding.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post