SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
an oliver darcy from CNN:

“If people are tuning out what’s going on in cable news … they’re just, you know, ignoring everything and living their lives and we’re not really getting the information that they need to them."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

living our lives and ignoring CNN. sounds like a plan

Hey, anyone check on how the Amish are doing lately?

Yeah. We have a pretty large Amish community around here. I frequent the local Amish-owned hardware, and other stores owned by them, and have never, ever seen an Amish, and very few English wear a mask. I haven't heard of any of them getting covid, but I'm sure some have.

In addition, there are alot of people around here who haul Amish & their goods to the farmers markets, etc. Nobody wears masks. And nobody's died of covid that I'm aware of.

We're pretty rural here, and hardly anybody ever took the mask mandates seriously in the first place. Compliance was maybe 50% at best, and went downhill very quickly.
Sharyl Attkisson did a story on the Amish that tells how they faired. Spoiler alert. They've done pretty darn good over the past couple years by ignoring all the 'noise'.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
My Mother now has Covid. She's 79 and fully vaccinated with 2 doses of Pfizer. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

Sorry to hear that.

Will do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13978 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
My Mother now has Covid. She's 79 and fully vaccinated with 2 doses of Pfizer. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
And both you and she have them. Hope she recovers quickly and without issues.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Praying for a speedy recovery chellim.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20941 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Do what you can to get her some ivermectin

Posts: 53470 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What's the most dangerous thing in the world?

Stupidity.

Well, there is plenty of that in government. Wink

Posts: 6970 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Positive thoughts and prayers for your Mom, chellim!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38927 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your mom, chellim!!
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
They've done pretty darn good over the past couple years by ignoring all the 'noise'.
Well...they typically don't possess the biggest propaganda machine known to man...aka, the TV.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Sharyl Attkisson did a story on the Amish that tells how they faired. Spoiler alert. They've done pretty darn good over the past couple years by ignoring all the 'noise'.

Hmmm, so somehow, without getting the "information they need" from CNN, they've gotten through this thing pretty well.

Well, I'll tell ya', it's a head scratcher alright.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30671 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well the Amish know horse shit when they see it.

Posts: 12863 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Do what you can to get her some ivermectin

I will. The problem is… I’ve been trying to get her to take quercetin zinc and D3 for months and she won’t listen. She will only do what her doctor tells her.
I’m also trying to get her to request monoclonal antibodies.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24328 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
the Chinese want NOTHING to do with mRNA Covid vaccines. (Xi, I wonder why.)

https://alexberenson.substack....ant-nothing/comments

China has been treating with Ivermectin at pennies a dose. Covid is way down there now.
As it also is in India, which specifically cited Pfizer's demand for no liability as the reason.

The link says they're rushing to approve mRNA and not Ivermectin.

Did the article change since you posted it?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19819 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I am actually vaccinated, I'm just pushing back for my coworkers who can't or won't get it.

Very commendable of you.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19819 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
They are lying.

quote:
In March 2020, BioNTech and a Chinese drug company called Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical announced a deal for Fosun to sell BioNTech’s Covid vaccines in China: “The two companies will work jointly on the development of BNT162 in China.” Fosun even said it would invest $50 million in BioNTech stock.

Again - this was March 2020, not 2021, roughly the same time BioNTech made a similar deal with Pfizer.

The two companies moved forward quickly.

In November 2020, just after Pfizer and BioNTech announced the topline results from their worldwide pivotal clinical trial (95% percent protection against infection! Covid is DONE, y’all!) they said they had moved the BioNTech vaccine into Phase 2 trials in China.

In late April 2021, BioNTech’s chief executive predicted that the vaccine would win approval and be available in China by July “at the latest.”

Barely two weeks later, in May 2021, Fosun and BioNTech had decided 100 million doses was not enough. They announced a deal to build a Chinese plant with the capacity to make 1 billion vaccine doses annually.

By mid-July, Chinese media outlets were reporting that the Chinese government was reviewing the BioNTech vaccine, with trial production expected to begin in August.

In late April 2021, BioNTech’s chief executive predicted that the vaccine would win approval and be available in China by July “at the latest.”

Barely two weeks later, in May 2021, Fosun and BioNTech had decided 100 million doses was not enough. They announced a deal to build a Chinese plant with the capacity to make 1 billion vaccine doses annually.

By mid-July, Chinese media outlets were reporting that the Chinese government was reviewing the BioNTech vaccine, with trial production expected to begin in August.

Since then, crickets.

More than a year after Fosun said it would import mRNA vaccines to China, and six months after Chinese regulators supposedly reviewed the clinical trial results, the vaccine remains unavailable.

Instead, in November, the Chinese announced that they had supposedly begun trials on their own mRNA vaccine. No one seems to have any idea when those trials will be finished, but they have the effect of resetting the clock and giving the bluecheck geniuses at places like the FT a way to pretend that the Chinese are moving aggressively ahead with mRNA.

They keep pushing it out into the future. Meanwhile, people on the ground in China say they are using ivermectin.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24328 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
chellim1--

Plz check your email. There is one from me.

Posts: 2702 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Thank you, sir.

-rduckwor

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I am actually vaccinated, I'm just pushing back for my coworkers who can't or won't get it.
Damn. If only the United pilots out on indefinite unpaid leave for choosing religious freedom and medical autonomy had a UNION that thought the way you did, Skins! I applaud you as well. ALPA isn't lifting one f---ing finger to help or support us. This is the FIRST TIME in my entire career (and it only spans 17 years...30+ for others) that the "union" hasn't acted like a firewall between management and the pilot. Management attacked all 350+ of us AT WILL, unabated.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone care to speculate when we’ll hear what SCOTUS rules in the two cases they heard on Friday? As of right now the bs osha rule is in effect…

Posts: 707 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:
Anyone care to speculate when we’ll hear what SCOTUS rules in the two cases they heard on Friday?
Let's just wait and see

Posts: 108290 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4028 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post